Merry Christmas Part 2

Waiting on the Other Side

Chap 30

MinAh POV:

The rest of the week was going by pretty fast, considering the enormous amount of stress that the teachers decided to pile on top of us with several projects and tests.  Like I previously stated, I had decided to just ignore the girls following me around, and they too, got bored of just being ignored, although some were still scarily persistent.  Thank goodness that the last week of school in December was a short week, and was cut early for winter break.  Before I knew it, Thursday after school had come (last day of school :D), and Fei and Suzy met me by my locker to go Christmas shopping.

"Kaja!" Suzy exclaimed with a wide smile, happily linking her arm with mine.

"I'm so excited!!" Fei said, linking on to my other arm.

"Er, yeah." I smiled, the stress finally leaving my system.  I chuckled to myself, grateful to have such cheerful and loyal friends by my side.

"Where should we go?" I asked, the Christmas spirit finally creeping up on me.

"MYEONGDONGG!! <3"

: : :

And that's where we went.  There were tens of thousands of people around us in an instant as we stepped into the streets of Myeongdong.  There were people bustling in and out of shops, giggling with festive spirit and shopping bags hanging off their arms.  Some of them were with friends, some of them with family, and some, with their special companion.  And do you know what my brain came up with as I thought of that? You guessed it. Starts with a Jin and ends with a Young.

"Should we go into there?" Suzy said sweetly, fluttering her eyelashes as she pointed to a brightly lit shop.  I snapped out of my thoughts as she dragged us into the shop.

It was one of those clothing shops that sold all those brand name clothing, not that I would know--or more precisely, care.  Yes, I understood why people bought brand name clothing, but their reasons weren't so important to me.  But I guess if they made Suzy happy, we could give it a shot.

As soon as Suzy stepped foot into the store, she latched off of my arm and fleed to one of the many racks of clothing.  Fei stayed with me, as we calmly browsed the clothing selection. I wouldn't really consider the things they offered to be my style--they were too classy...if you know what I mean.  They sold an assortment of really beautiful, cute dresses suitable for parties, which didn't quite fit my needs.  But what am I to say, the point of this shopping trip was to buy stuff for my friends, not myself.

Fei happily pulled a hanger off the clothes rack, putting it against my body to see how it looked.

"Ah! Perfect match! I knew I had good fashion sense," she praised herself.

"What are you doing?" I asked, looking down at the dress she was holding up.  "This isn't my style."

"But its a style you should try!!" she replied enthousiastically.  She shoved it into my arms, and ran off, returning with a pair of boots.

"Go try these on!" She pushed me towards the changing rooms, me trying my hardest to use the friction against my feet and the floor to her disadvantage.  Unfortunately, it didn't work, and I was shoved into a change room.

"Yah!" I shouted, a bit flustered.  She didn't pay attention, but instead smiled and closed the change room door.

Okay. Cool.

Since I was already in a change room, I guess I might as well give it a shot.  I held the dress at arms length away, taking a closer look at the details and what not to get a full picture of what I was actually going to wear.  Overall, it wasn't too fancy, but it was definitely considered as something for a somewhat special occasion.  It had a lace top, with a  black bow as the belt along a light, baby pink fabric.  I blinked twice at it, looking it up and down.  Don't get me wrong, it was really pretty, I just couldn't imagine myself wearing it.  Plus, it was pink, a colour I never really wore, since I'm not that fond of pink.  If it came in a darker colour, it'd be nicer...

"Yah! MinAh! Open the door!" I heard Fei shout, which proceeded with rapid knocking.

"B-but I'm not done changing??" I shouted back.

"Doesn't matter, I found something else that you might like more!"

I cracked open the door a slit, and another dress was thrown into my face.

"Change quickly, I want to see!!" Fei exclaimed, and closed the door for me.

I stood there for a second, surprised by how much enthousiasm Fei could have when shopping for someone else.  I removed the dress she threw at me off my face, and took a closer (er, further?) look at it so I could see the whole fabric instead of one spot that was covering my eye.

Like Fei had read my mind, the dress she threw at me was none other, than a darker colour of the pink dress she had given me (more precisely, a black one).

Here's the image if you want to see how it looks : http://www.yesstyle.com/en/kiwi-shop-lace-panel-bow-waist-dress-black-one-size/info.html/pid.1028378327

"Palli palliii!" I heard Fei rush from the other side of the door.

"Arasso...!"

 

"KYAAHHH! I KNEW IT'D LOOK GOOD ON YOU~!" Fei shrieked as I came out of the change room wearing the black one.  She circled around me a couple of times, smiling, and praising her sense of style.  I stood there still, looking at myself in the large mirror.  I guess it didn't look that out of place on me...in fact, it was pretty okay.  Maybe I should start dressing with this style....but then the change would be weird for the other people around me.

"Hmm..." Fei pondered, one hand under her chin. "You should try the pink one on."

"Waeyo? I like black more than pick."

"Aish, just trust me MinAh, you'll like the colour pink better than black once you try it on."

She gave me another push back into the change room before I could state that black was technically not a colour, but a shade.

 

"KYAAAHHH! I KNEW IT! I'M GOOD AT THIS~"

I self consciously walked out of the change room towards the big mirror where Fei was waving me to walk faster.  I didn't want to look into the mirror, since I had a feeling that it looked out of place.

"Aish MinAh, just look at the mirror," Fei said, noticing that my eyes were drilling holes into the floor.  I turned back to face her, when something caught me off guard.  There were small crowds of girls standing and looking in my direction, covering their mouths, whispering something.

...Did it really look that strange?

"Ani ani, I'm gonna go change out of this," I smiled nervously, as a shocked expression appeared on Fei's face.

"WAE. ANDWE! IT LOOKS GOOD, MINAH!"

"Ani," I said sheepishly, trying to avoid the looks of the bystanders.

"Yeah! It looks good!" I heard an unfamiliar voice say, causing me to search for the person who said it.  Surprise came over me, as my eyes met with one of the bystanders.  She gave me a kind smile and a thumbs up. "Yeppudah!"

"Eh? Me?" I said, pointing derpily at myself.  I found myself slowly turning to face the mirror, but this time, I was actually curious as to how I looked.

...

Is...that me in the mirror???

I could barely believe my eyes, the reflection of the person did not look like me at all.  There was an elegant and feminine feel to the reflection, something I thought could have never existed in a person like me.  It was amazing and shocking how a simple change in style could give off a totally different presence to a person.

"Wah," I choked out.

"What did I tell you?" Fei exclaimed excitedly, giving me a pat on the back.

At that moment, I saw Suzy's face in the mirror, an expression of shock, excitement, and getting ready to scream.

"KYAAHH~!!" Suzy squealed, as she ran towards me. "Yeppudah!"

"Kamsahamnida..."I said, embarassed.

"Are we getting this for her gift? Oh! And those shoes too?" she pointed, taking note of the boots that Fei had also thrown at me.

"Ani!!" I said, waving my hands vigourously in front of me."This is too expensive! And its not like I wear this stuff anyway..."

Once again, they exchanged cheeky smiles.  Suzy nonchalantly threw an arm over my shoulder, giving me a comforting pat.

"You know...its good to have at least one outfit like this, for special occasions...like dates~"

"With a special person~" Fei giggled.

"Y-yah!" I said, feeling the heat rush to my face.

"Hm? Why are you blushing? We were just saying~" Suzy trolled.

I gave a slight pout, still standing strong that they shouldn't get this as a christmas gift. "But still...its expensive.."

"Yah, its 60% off, so basically 25$. How is that expensive?? THIS IS THE BEST DEAL I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIMEE," Fei stated passionately.

"B-but---"

"Shush, MinAh. We're getting this for you.  Done deal. Now take it off so we can pay for it."

Before I could object anymore, they pushed into the change room.

: :

"Where should we go next?" Suzy asked, as I guiltily held my christmas gift in my hands.

"Anywhere you guys like."

"Lets go in there! Kaja!" Fei said, pointing at a beauty/ perfume store.

We stepped into the shop, as an overwhelming cloud of different scents hit me in the face.  I'm not saying it smelt bad, it was just...different.  Actually, it was quite pleasant.  The shop itself was pretty big, but the bright lights and shiny ceramic floors and numerous mirrors just increases the apprearance of the shop by a multiple of 40.

Fei and Suzy were having the time of their lives goggling at the pretty perfume bottles and yummy scents of the body mists.  Fei likes the one that smelled like roses, while Suzy was addicted to the one that smelled like vanilla bean. I personally liked the one that smelled like Candy Apple (Christmas edition ;D), but that doesn't matter, because I'm supposed to be shopping for my friends.

As I was lining up to pay for the two scents that Suzy and Fei liked, something rather...unexpected happened--or should I say, appeared.

"MinAh...that person looks familiar..." Fei trailed off, patting me lightly to get my attention.

"Eh? Where?" I turned my head 360 degrees to scan the shop to see who she was talking about.

"No not that way, that way."

"Which way?"

"Yah. yah. YAH.YAH. MINAH. ITS HIM. MINAH.MINAH. MINAH. ITS HIM. HIM. RIGHT THERE. HIM. THERE. THERE," Fei freaked out, now slapping me furiously on my arm.

"Where? What? Who? What??" I said, suddenly on edge by Fei's panic attack.

"ITS JINYOUNG!" Suzy shouted, pointing at the guy that had just finished paying and was heading towards the exit.  He turned around slowly, and those few seconds it took for him to figure who called his name, were enough for my heart to do a couple of flips from the sound of his name, my brain to process and match the image of the guy they were talking about to the image of Jinyoung in my head, and the moment I saw his face, make my cheeks flush.  He finally turned fully around, and spotted the people who had called his name (not too hard, since Fei and Suzy were staring at him with their mouths hanging open).  Our eyes met, and for a split second, he had a oblivious and clueless expression plastered onto his face.  Suddenly, as realization started to sink in, his eyes grew wide, and his face flushed a slight red.  He gave me an awkward smile and quickly dashed out of the shop before I could smile awkwardly back.

I stood there motionless in line, with my mouth slightly ajar.  Why was he here? Last time I checked, this was a store for women, and sold perfume/body mists and didn't really sell cologne.  Why would he be buying from here....?  My thoughts were interrupted by Fei and Suzy's giggles and light slaps.

"Kekekekekeke."

"Kekekekekeke."

"...What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I wonder what he was doing here for~~~?" said Suzy with extreme cheese, as Fei continued to giggle along side her.

Yeah. I wonder why too. O.o

: :

Yay for part 2 (: Part 3 coming soon!

this fails...since Christmas is already overr OTL...

Well, this is to keep you in the Christmas spirit until new years..? LOL idk XD

The regular thanks and the appreciation part of the A/N will be at the end of Part 3 (: