good looks and friendship

Waiting on the Other Side

Chap 26

Jinyoung POV:

Gathering up my courage, I opened the chat window, my mouse hovering over MinAh's name.

I swear I didn't click it, but the window popped open.  My heart skipped a beat, realizing it was MinAh who was talking first. This rarely happened (or did it ever happen?), as it was usually me that started the conversation.

Min.min❀says (7:30)

Hi Jinyoung!

 

As I read the her words on the screen, her short greeting seemed really awkward.  I chuckled to myself. Well, she put in the effort, right?

 

Jin.star♪ says (7:31)

Hi? haha

 

Min.min says (7:32)

How are you. ?

Jin.star says (7:32)

Not bad. And yourself? :D

Min.minsays (7:33)

I am good

Well wasn't this an awkward start to the conversation? Nonetheless, I didn't mind, since it seemed that MinAh wasn't going to ignore after what she said earlier today.  Since I couldn't really expand to her reply, I decided to get this covnersation going somewhere, because apparently, MinAh isn't too good at it. While doing so, why not have some fun?

Jin.star says (7:35)

You seem very uncomfortable...LOL

Min.min says (7:36)

Eh? Why do you say that?

Jin.star says (7:36)

Is it because of what you blurted out today..? ;D

Min.min says (7:37)

Of course not! > <

Jin.star says (7:37)

So do you think so?

Min.min says (7:37)

Think what? o.o

Jin.star says (7:38)

That I'm handsome (:

Don't say "of course not!" cuz we all know that's a lie ;DD

Min.min says (7:37)

What are you talking about? >^< I never said I in particular thought you were handsome, I meant that everyone else does..

Jin.star says (7:38)

I want your opinion, not others :P

Min.min says (7:39)

Uh....

Jin.star says (7:39)

So that's a yes?

Min.min says (7:40)

No! > <

Jin.star says (7:40)

I'm hurt ):

Min.min says (7:41)

You're okay.

Jin.star says (7:41)

Hmmm?

Min.min says (7:41)

Your looks. They're okay :x Didn't we talk about this before?

Jin.star says (7:42)

You're thoughts could have changed :o

Min.min says (7:42)

=_=

Jin.star♪ says (7:43)

Why don't you just admit itt ;P

I'll even admit it!

Min.min says (7:43)

You even admit that...you're handsome? O-O

Jin.star says (7:44)

No! I admit that you're pretty (:

MinAh noemu yeppo~~~~

Min.min says (7:45)

Eh? O//O

As I was typing, I felt a tiny feeling of pleasure.  So I guess its true that complimenting someone make also you happy as well.  Keke.

 

Jin.star♪ says (7:46)

I said you're pretty :P Now how about me?

Min.min  says (7:47)

Uh..thank you..> <

You're...pretty handsome yourself? :x

 

Although she was only saying that for the sake of replying, I still smiled like an idiot at the computer screen as the words processed into my brain. I already know myself that I'm handsome, but those words coming from her make it seem all the better.

Jin.star says (7:48)

Keke kamsahamnida...and I know ;]

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

The next day at school was, once again, hellish.  Right when lunch break, I had to speed out of the classroom before anyone could catch up, and ran up to the school roof.  I liked it there, since people rarely went up to the roof, thus making it the perfect place to embrace the silence on a sunny afternoon.  I went to the edge of the rooftop, which was surrounded by a metal fence.  Linking my fingers with the cold metal wiring, I leaned my head against the fence, letting the cool breeze blow through my hair, the sound quietly whistling past my ears.  If only everday at school would return to normal, no more talk about that "ulzzang that Kim MinAh knows". 

....Don't get me wrong. Its not like I'm saying that I don't like Jinyoung because of this.  He's kind, funny, caring...an overall good friend, although his actions may not have been thoroughly thought through.  At that moment, I heard my ringtone (B1A4's OK), break through the silence of the rooftop.

"Yoboseyo?" I answered, wondering who would call me during school hours.

"MINAH~~" shouted the voice on the other side of the line.

"Ah..anyeonghaseyo Manager unni.." I said, surprised that it would be her calling.

"MinAh~ I need your help tonight!" she exclaimed loudly, causing me to hold my phone an inch away from my ear.

"Ne, what is it?"

"I have to go to meeting tonight...its really important to me....." I heard her say, "a I was wondering if you could work an extra shift tonight? Don't worry you'll of course be paid more~"

"Sure!" I replied, since I had nothing else to do tonight.

"Gomawo MinAh~ Just wait for me until I come back to the cafe," she said cheerfully,then quickly added,"oh! I almost forgot to tell you..Jinyoung will also be working with you, so no need to worry about being at a cafe all alone at night! Jalga~" Then she hung up.

..Wait what? Jinyoung's going to be working with me? I repeated her words in my mind.  Why did it sound like it was only Jinyoung and I working the extra shift? Where's Baro? And Gongchan? And Shinwoo?..And Junghwan? I furrowed my brow. Does that mean...Jinyoung and I...will be alone? A warm heat rose to my face, my heart skipping a beat.

...Why am I even thinking about this?? I shook my head vigourously, trying to stop thinking about tonight. Besides, I should be thinking of how to survive this day at school and how I will get to the cafe afterwards too. And to top that off, why did I have a feeling that Jinyoung would come my school again today? It wasn't that I didn't want him to come....but what surprised me was the feeling that I couldn't deny--deep down, I wanted him to come. I leaned my forehead against the cold metal wire again, trying to cool off my face that had, for some reason, become very warm.

Suddenly, I heard the door to the rooftop open, Fei standing by the door, trying to catch her breath.

"M-Minah! What are you doing?" she gasped,"class has already started!"

I quickly check the time on my cellphone, realising it had already been half an hour into class.

"Ah! Gomawo, Fei!" I said, quickly grabbing my bag from the ground, dashing towards the door where she was. "Why are you here then?"

"I told the teacher I was going to the bathroom when in reality I went to look for you," she replied, holding the door open for me as we quickly went down the stairs, the noise of our steps against the floorboards echoing through the stairway.

"Gomawo. Jeongmal," I said between breaths.  Then, I noticed that the sound of the footsteps had become considerably quieter.  I turned around, seeing Fei standing on a step a few above mine. "What's wrong? Gwenchana?"

She looked down at me with a slightly sympathetic smile. " School must be tiring for you, with all these crazy people fangirling over some stranger."

I sighed. "It is, but I'll live," I chuckled.

"Don't take everything too seriously, alright?" she told me, walking down a few more steps. "Your life must be stressful, MinAh...having to keep your marks as exceptional as they are while working and tutoring for money.." She put a comforting hand on my shoulder, giving me a warm smile. "If you need any help, I'll be more than willing to help you!"

Fei really is a nice person.  I wouldn't say I've known her for ages, but just being with her makes me feel calm. She is definitely someone I can rely on when things get, well, crappy. I would love to say so much more to her to express how truly grateful I am to have her as one of my close friends, but that would take an eternity. So, I smiled back a genuine smile and spoke the truest words that had ever exited my mouth.

"Gomawo, Fei, gomawo."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WOW SORRY FOR THE UBER CHEESEFEST OMG > < I twasn't at all my intention to make this turn into a chapter that ends with a friendship bonding, but I seriously was running out of ideas...thus the reason for the extremelylate update ): MIANHAEYO OTL

much love to my new subbies:

~ eunica_hija           ~ crazilysmiling          ~ Jaeturtle23           ~ Jennifer85        ~ fayeappler           ~ lovablebubble

~ kateee                  ~ MinHwa                   ~ mochiiya

 

and I love all you readers and subscribers that haven't unsubscribed....... grrr....LOL

Remember to stay tuned for the next updates and keep reading, subscribing and supporting my fanfic! :DD

 

I dun like da homework...): hahaha       note to self: having a crush on someone during the school year is a pain in the x__x   But anywho~have a great day my lovely subscribers! :3oh and sorry again for the lame title of this chapter LOL i seriously am brain dead right now...i should sleep earlier on a regular basis hahaha