The actions of a girl.

Waiting on the Other Side

Chap 17

Jinyoung POV:

Guess what? Its the weekend! And guess what? ITS SUNDAY. And what does that mean? I HAVE WORK TODAY.

AND THE BEST PART ABOUT IT IS.

I HAVE WORK WITH MINAH.    ~ ~ ~

Then its tutoring~keke.

I happily got out of bed and got ready, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, making sure I looked my best. I hopped down the stairs, where umma was making breakfast.

"Palli, Jinyoung, what took you so long?" she said, as she tossed my breakfast infront of me.

"I...woke up late," I lied, knowing that I had spent most of my time perfecting my hair in the mirror for MinAh.

She sat down beside me with her breakfast with her. "Jinyoung-ah...you look...more cleaned up than usual today," she said with a sly smile.

"A-ani," I stuttered, stuffing a spoonful of rice into my mouth.  I had no reason to; I was just going to work...with MinAh as my coworker and afterwards my tutor, I mean, no big deal, right? I stuffed another spoonful of rice into my mouth.

I subtly glanced at umma, who was chuckling to herself. I pretended that I didn't notice it, and tried to change the subject.

"Umma, why'd you cook breakfast today? Just let the maid do it."

"But umma wants to cook for her handsome son~!" she cooed, pinching my cheek.

I gently swatted her hand away, slightly embarassed.  I didn't mean to offend her, but I guess she took it the wrong way.

"Aish," she sighed, leaning her face onto her fists as I drank my soup," can't umma show a little affection towards her son? I guess you will only accept love from your lovely MinAh."

"....BWOHHH????" I screamed,barely swallowing fast enough to not spit soup all over the place.

"Aigoo~look at my son~" umma cooed again, pinching one of my cheeks.

"Ummaa!" I groaned, brushing her hand off my cheek again. "I'm going to work now. Bye umma."

With that, I headed towards the front door, hastily putting on my sneakers. I said one last goodbye to umma, and heard her shout "have fun~~!" after me with much enthusiasm.

 

I quickly opened the door to the café, knowing I was already late for work.  My hair had gotten slightly messed up in the wind while getting there, so it was basically no use spending so much time on it. As I walked in, MinAh was already there serving a customer.

"Anyeonghaseyo," I bowed, my co-workers greeting me back.

"Hyung, why are you late?" asked Baro as he cleaned up the used glasses off a table.

"I...woke up late," I said, repeating the same excuse I had used earlier this morning.

"Someone's slacking off," a voice whistled.

"Hello to you too," I said sarcastically to MinAh, who just chuckled and went back to work.

 

Not much happened this time at work...well, at least Junghwan and MinAh weren't flirting as much as the other day.

It wasn't a very busy day at the café today, but there were still quite a few people who wanted to have a treat first thing in the morning. ("Treat" either being eyecandy or the actual food itself).

The quiet chingle of the chimes were heard as they clanked against the opening door and each other, when three familiar faces appeared.  Who were they? The three girls seemed to look quite familiar.

I was about to greet them, until I caught a glimpse of MinAh's expression that had turned pale and stone-like.

Oh. THOSE girls.

The memory of the first day MinAh had worked here quickly crossed my mind.  The three girls who had just entered were the same ones who had caused trouble for MinAh that very first day.  From that day on, I too had the same feelings towards them that MinAh did.  Although I'm not praticularly sure what those feelings are, I'm positive they were not good ones.

But being a diligent worker that MinAh is (or seeing me just standing there motionless--PABO!), she went up to greet them, though quite forcefully and reluctantly.

"Anyeonghaseyo.."she said quietly, keeping her head down after she bowed.  She avoided any eye contact with them, and showed them to an empty seat.

"I don't like this spot," said the girl with long caramel-colour hair.  The two other girls seemed less vicious, but followed her lead.

"Ah..then uhm, what kind of seat would you prefer?" MinAh asked.

"One close to the window."

She patiently lead the three arrogant girls to another table, and seated them properly.  Even after showing total politeness, that one girl didn't seem to have enough.

"I don't like this spot either," she complained.

"Miss, I took your request and got you a window seat though," MinAh reasoned.

The girl paused for a while, and smirked. "Well, I don't like this seat. Its too breezy."

 

That complaining bish.

"Excuse me," I said in the nicest voice I could,"this is one of the nicest spots in our café, and if you don't like it, we would happily move you to another table and give this spot to other waiting customers." I ended with a smile, causing the other two girls to melt into complete puddles, and the complaining one to lose her arrogant-ness for a few seconds.

"A-ani, this seat is fine~" she replied with what seemed like a totally different personality. She batted her lashes at 320498576 bps, I'm guessing to look cute, but I just found it repulsive. But like the good waiter I am, I held back my urge to puke and asked for her order.

"I-I'll just have an espresso please~"

"Okay, and you two?" I said, flashing a smile.

"U-us too!!" they blurted out.

"Alright, so 3 espressos coming up."

I turned around and smirked. its unbelievable how a simple smile can make them lose their mind. Tch. Girls.

I looked up, seeing MinAh staring at me. She wasn't smiling, just staring. Bwoh? DId I do something wrong? I was just trying to help her. She turned around and walked to the counter where orders were waiting to be served. Something told me that I should follow her, and thus i did.

"G..gomawo, Jinyoung," she said quietly. Although I could only see the back of her head, I could tell that she was truly thankful.  I smiled, not the same fake smile that I used towards those three girls, but one from the heart.  My hand reached to pat her head.

"Anytime."

She suddenly sighed, making me wonder if patting her head was the wrong thing to do.  But then, she turned around, a smile on her face.

"Gomawo."

"Y-y-yea..! No p-problem," I suttered unintentionally.

She went off to serve other customers, leaving me standing there motionless, looking at the spot where she was standing a few seconds ago.  My mind was blank, just the loud beating from my chest sounding through my ears.  Its unbelievable how her simple smile, her simple words, can make my heart act all strange.  What is happening?  A warm heat rose to my cheeks, my hand unconsiously rising up to touch it.  Is this all MinAh's doing? Suddenly, I remembed how the three girls acted when I smiled at them, although it was a fake one.  Do MinAh's actions really have this much of an impact me?  Damn, I'm acting like a girl.

- - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - -- - - --

Hey guys, sorry for taking so long to update...I has no motivation ):  But don't worry, this fic WILL go on.... I WON'T abandon it.

This was a crappy update. My apologieeesss....Next update should be more interesting, since it will have some MinAhxJinyoung time...I LOVE TUTORING SECTIONS~ hehe

Thank you to my new subscribers:

♥byunoki      ♥Akira97    ♥keketaemin     ♥rennaluvspocky

And much love to all my subscribers who have stuck with me all this time! (:

Please subsribe and comment!! :DD

 

 

 

So. I see that some people have UNSUBSCRIBED. IMMA HUNT YOU DOOOWWNN. Jkays~  No, seriously.

I will try to update more often, I promise to not let you guyz down ^0^