Daughter-In-Law

Waiting on the Other Side

Chap 20

MinAh POV:

Well. What brilliant timing his mom has.

Jinyoung quickly backed away from me, nearly tripping on his feet.  I stood up straight from the counter, the signs of embarassement rushing to my cheeks.

"An-anyeonghaseyo, omeonim," I bowed awkwardly.

"U-umma..." Jinyoung muttered beside me, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Am I...interupting something?" she asked innocently, but there was no way that you wouldn't be able to tell she was oddly giddy.  She walked over to the island to put down the grocery bags in her hands.  I helped her put them on the counter while Jinyoung shuffled off to who knows where.

"Aigoo...kamsahamnida~You're such a sweet young girl!" she cooed.

"Hehe...n..ne....." I mumbled, almost inaudible, slightly bowing my head.  In the corner of my eye, I could see that Jinyoung had wondered off to the fridge and had taken out a bottle of water.  He hastily broke the seal open and began to chug. I glanced back at his umma, who was now what seemed to be closely examining me from head to toe.

"Ahh...MinAh-ssi is sweet and pretty! No wonder Jinyoungie likes you~"

Almost immediately afterwards, a spurting sound was heard from Jinyoung's direction and then coughing proceeding it. I turned my attention to him, realizing that he had just spat out the water from his mouth.  He quickly covered his mouth and went to the sink, looking quite shocked by what his umma had said.

Wait. What did his umma just say?

"Uh? Jinyoungie, what's wrong? Is it not the truth, hm?" his umma asked nonchalantly.

After one last cough, Jinyoung turned around, his face as red as a firetruck. "U-umma! W-what are you talking about all of a sudden?" he stuttered.

"But its so obvious! Even a blind person can see that you like Mi--"

She was cut off mid-sentence when Jinyoung dashed towards her and covered with his hand.

"Mianhae, umma...she just likes to talk...ha..ha.." he said nervously.

"Uh..okay.."

His umma finally struggled out of his hold.  "YAH! Jinyoungiee!! What are you doing to your umma??" she semi-shouted/whined.  He backed away apologetically, as his mom continued to scold him. "What's so wrong about telling the truth, hm?! I'm just trying to help you! And this is what you do to repay your umma? Huh? Aish..." she crossed her arms, and scoffed. "And you better clean up that mess you spit out on the floor!" She pointed at the water on hardwood floor that Jinyoung had suddenly spat out.

I stood there silently and awkwardly watching their mother-to-son lecture, as Jinyoung sheepishly nodded to his umma, slipping in quiet "mianhae"'s here and there between her scolding.  Although it was a tad awkward, could I say that it was also kind of amusing seeing this happen? Jinyoung's umma was obviously an older middle aged woman, but she had quite a young appearance.  Her hair was pulled back into a neat bun, revealing a pair of pearl earrings, and she was wearing a elegant white blouse with a black skirt.  She definitely did seem like those women who were successful and strong that had a high status in society.She was in shape and petite, and the picture in front of me scolding Jinyoung--who I would say is quite tall, was pretty funny.  Jinyoung looked like a little boy, shying away from his mother's words.

"Huh! Jinja..." she mumbled. She put her hands on her hips, blowing out a puff of air.  Her eyes wandered toward my direction, and for a split second she seemed a bit shy and embarassed. "Oh..Mianhaeyo, MinAh-ssi.." she smiled sheepishly as she gracefully tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"Ah..don't worry, really.." I replied sincerely.  I looked at the clock hanging on the wall, realizing it was already way past the times for tutoring. "I should go now...goodbye, omeonim," I bowed.

"Eh? Already?" Jinyoung took a step forward at my steps, his lower lip protruding into a small pout.

"Ne...uh..work hard...on what we reviewed today." I cleared my throat.  I mean, I was here as Jinyoung's tutor, but his mom just had to coincidentally walk in when we were doing...what were we doing?? But anyways, I don't want her to misunderstand that she's been paying me and I haven't been doing my job...which I have been doing. "Arasso?" I said, looking at Jinyoung.

"Oh..yea..of course."

I bowed one last time and Jinyoung lead me to the door.

"Hm? What's this?" said his umma from the kitchen.  I turned around, seeing the plate of kimchi fried rice I had made for Jinyoung. She got a spoon from the drawer, and was about to try it, until Jinyoung spoke up.

"UMM-umma!"

"Hm? Bwoh?"

"Th..that's mine.."

"Ah..I see." She nodded in acknowledgement, but then proceeded in eating it anyways.

"U-Umm--.." He then turned to me, who was putting on my sneakers. "Uh...go home safely." he said.

"Ne. Jalga~"

 He opened the door, as he took another glimpse at his mother eating the kimchi fried rice.

"See you," he smiled as I walked down the steps, and he quickly closed the door behind him.

 

Jinyoung POV:

After MinAh left, I quickly closed the door and rushed towards umma who was happily gulfing down the kimchi fried rice MinAh made. FOR ME.

"UMMA!"

"Hm?" she said, holding up a spoonful of rice, then stuffing it into , as if she was taunting me. I greedily took the bowl away from her, got my own spoon and started eating. And damn was is delicious. I even went to the drawer to get a bigger spoon.

"Its good, isn't it?" Umma asked.

"Of course!" I replied with a full mouth.

"Did you make it, Jinyoungie?"

"Ani, MinAh made it for me." I blushed at the thought of it.  She made it for me, and only for me...keke.

"Ah...no wonder it taste so good--its made with love~" she sang, which made me choke on grains of rice.

"Eh???" I exclaimed, but she ignored it.

"I'm relieved...I've always wanted a daughter-in-law that can cook well~"

With that, she skipped up the stairs, leaving me holding the plate of rice motionless.

Did she just say daughter-in-law...?  I took in another spoonful of kimchi flavoured goodness. I felt the beating in my chest grow faster, a warm feeling enveloping me.

That's not a bad idea.

 ==================================

Anyeong~ This scene became longer than I expected, so online chat next chapter, so stay tuned ^ ^ I think it'll be really fluffy hahaha, but then again, my writing is so cheesy T.T but you like cheesy, right? :D LOL

Hearts to my new subbies:

- nikki18    - sammae_chan      - b1a4www        - livykpop      - chrisss   

 - aznsujuelf14     - vanilla_sarangheo    - shining_love     - KeynLocket

And thank you to all my readers so far!

Remember to comment and subscribe (:

and smile ^ ^

 

lalala~ Hey. I have something to say.                                      IJk. Not really. But, yeah, anyways,                     I love you! (:    kthnxbai XD