Kiss....?

Waiting on the Other Side

Chap 28

Jinyoung POV:

Well isn't this wonderful. I gave the door another try in opening it, but of course, it was unsucessful.  

"Great.  Was this your plan, getting locked in a storage room together?" I said, maybe a bit too harshly than I meant.  I took a glance at MinAh, who had a guilty expression on her face, fiddling with the hem of her shirt.

I tried to stay calm, but that was almost mentally (and physically) impossible. Since we were in fact stuck in a storage room, I can tell you that its square footage wasn't all that grand.  To be more precise, it held two side-by-side freezers on one wall, a corner for the cleaning supplies, and a few racks along the other 2 walls for other miscellaneous storage.

"M-mianhaeyo......." she whispered, her head lowered.  I can tell you the space in this storage room was very limited, and that she was roughly a bit more than an arm's length away from me.  Times that length by two and you've got the the width of the storage room.  Yea. Its cramped.  But then again, its only a storage room--at least its only supposed to be.

"Lets just hope that Manager comes back soon."  I searched through my pockets, trying to find my cellphone. If I called Manager Joori and told her about our unfavourable *cough cough* situation, I might just be able to convince her to come back faster.  After several seconds of turning over all my pockets and a moment of panic, I realized that my searching would be of no use, since I had left my cellphone in my bag.

"What are you looking for?" MinAh asked from her corner.

"Just my cellphone..."

"I have mine!" A glimpse of hope seemed to appear as she whipped out her phone from her pocket, but that hope being a glimpse, was merely just a glimpse.  Turns out her phone was out of batteries.

"M-mianhae..yo..." she said again, as I OTL-ed on the floor.

Regaining my cool, I got up from OTL position and went to sit beside her.  She seemed a bit surprised at first and leaned away, but slowly closed the gap between us and scooted closer.  I, of course, did not object to this action of hers.

"Well I guess we have no choice but to just wait here until Manager Joori comes back," she said, resting her chin on her knees.

"Y-yeah."

-Insert momentary silence here-

"So..." I trailed off, trying to start a conversation after semi-raging at her for getting us locked in the storage room.

"Mianhaeyo," she said, burying her face into her knees.

"Ani...! Its fine," feeling guilty.

"No its not," she said, shaking her head, her face still buried into her knees.  She leaned over onto my arm, letting out an apologetic groan.  Sadly, that was only for a split second, and she returned to her original position.

Unconciously, I found my hand lingering over her back, wanting to give her a reassuring pat on the back.  The girl beside me made a feeling arise in me, the desire to take care of her, to hold her close, to comfort her when she was down.  I felt a slight rise in temperature in my cheeks as I gazed at the figure in front of me--her long hair like a curtain, covering her small face.  I wanted to move that curtain away, to reveal her face, but she might think that as being creepy.  So instead, gathering up my courage, I scooted a little closer to her, and gave her a comforting pat on the head.  I looked away while doing so, not wanting her to see my blushing face.

"Hm?" she murmured, not expecting my action. I pretended to ignore it, and pushed her head gently for it to rest onto my shoulder.

"Eh?" she said again.

We sat there in silence, my heart pounding as loudly than ever.  I slowly lifted my hand off her head and placed it around her shoulders. I nonchalantly let a deep breath out, in hopes of calming my speeding heartbeat.    Gratefully, she wasn't objecting to any of this.  Sometimes I wonder, does she feel the same way I do?  Does she always look forward to coming to work, just to see me, like how I'm excited to see her? Does her heart race by the slightest contact, the chances that we're in close proximities of each other?  I found myself zoning out, and quickly shook the thought out of my head and decided to just enjoy the moment. But sadly, the moment ended quicker than I wished.

"Uh. What are you doing...?"

I reluctantly lifted my arm off her shoulder as she straightened back into her original position.

"UH..N-nothing....."  I shifted away from her, embarrassed as I reflected on my impulsive actions.  I cleared my throat in the silence when out of the blue,  MinAh asked me to sing.

"Bwoh??" I retorted.

"Can you?" She said with a cute, expectant smile.

"W-why?"

"Why not?" she said confidently, giving me eye contact.

We stared into each others eyes for a moment, and although she might not have known, I felt like my heart beat was beating at 12394 bpm.

"What do you want me to sing..?" I found myself saying, unconciously agreeing to sing for her.

"Hmm...B1A4?" she giggled.

I scanned through the B1A4 songs that I knew, and a new song of theirs popped into my head, and blushed (let's hope she didn't notice it--I mean, i gotta keep my cool, you know?).

"Any song?" I asked, suddenly feeling excited to sing for her.

"Ne! Any song."

I cleared my throat, and tested for the right starting note.  Since there was no instrumental, I resorted to snapping my fingers to give a beat.  I payed attention to her carefully, her eyes closed, waiting for me to start singing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3IBgJ0QoaU 

(listen to it while reading! XD)

"neo ye jeonhwal kkeulhgo do, neoman saenggakhae~

haru jongil bappeun de, do neoman saenggak na"

She slowly opened her eyes, figuring out the song I was singing.  I continued on.

"churu chuchu chuchu, chu churu chuchu chuchu,   eotteokhae, eotteokhae"

As I sang, she looked up with round eyes into my eyes, as I stared back with audacity.

"saljjak tteoneun nae sungi, neomu kwiyeo wo

bbijuk daeneun du ibsul, do jeongmal yeppeuji~"

I continued to sing, looking into her eyes, as a faint blush appeared on the apples of her cheeks.  I smiled, getting ready for the chorus, both of us captured by the song.

"My only hope, it is you

naye soneul jabajwo

I will love you forever

naye mameul badajwo~"

 

Her cheeks flushed a darker pink, as she looked away shyly. I chuckled and took in another breath, feeling more confident.

"wonhae neoye mam, whoa

ttok gateun mam, gateun mal

loving you~"

I sang the rest of the song, MinAh quietly listening. As i sang the last note, there was the 49857th silence between us.  But it wasn't an awkward silence, but a comforting silence, a warm atmosphere envelopping us.

"Waah!" she cheered and clapped happily.  "You sing so nicely! I'm happy that I got to listen, keke."

My heart did a somersault in joy as I accepted her praise.

"Wow, daebak!" she continued on, silently clapping her hands together. (how cute.. XDD)

I scooched over closer to her, tilting my head to see her face more clearly.

"Did you like it that much?" I nudged her arm gently.

"Of course!" she said, lifting her head quickly.  

In a matter of a few seconds, our faces were surprisngly close to each others.  Our eyes met, leading to a situation where I could not hide the red flush in my face, and apparently, neither could she.  Neither of us backed away, as my eyes subconciously lingered to her lips.  My heart rate was rising again, as I found myself slowly leaning closer towards her.  She did not move, but instead stayed motionless.  The room was quiet, only the sound of my pounding heart (and possibly hers as well?) in my ears.  I felt her sweet, warm breath against the corner of my mouth as I leaned in closer, my hands suddenly getting extremely warmer than usual.  I closed my eyes, cherishing the moment, anticipating the sensation of her soft lips on mine, but, like always--

that never happened.

The loud noise of metal clanking against each other sounded through the small room, and the door opened with a loud creaking noise.

"AIGOO SO YOU GUYS WERE IN---omo!"

Manager Juri stood at the door with her hands over , though her eyes were beaming in curiosity.  Right then, MinAh and my eyes akwardly met, as both of us turned away, blushing madly.

"Am I interrupting...?" Manager asked with a cheeky grin. "Sorry, continue on with your busin---"

"ANI!" MinAh and I shouted in unison. We quickly exchanged glances, again, turned away awkwardly.  She hastily got up, and ran to the door, bowing to Juri on the way out.

"I'll be going now, manager-nim.  Anyeongheegaseyo," she bowed.  She paused for a second, and turned to my direction to give a quick bow.  I watched her as she then proceeded to clumsily run out the door, grab her stuff, and run out the cafe.  

Okay.  That went well.

= = = = = = = = ===================

Hai gaiz.....> <;

I don't think you want to hear my excuses about my hiatus and why I didn't update for so long...so I hope you enjoyed this chapter!  Since I'm getting into the christmas-y mood, maybe the next updates will involve christmas? ;]  Stay tuned

AND TROLOLOL OF COURSE I WOULDN'T MAKE THEM KISS....

(well, not yet...;D)

Thanks and much lub to my new subbies:

~ ehehehe84        ~ kyliefanfic          ~ cassandra1433          ~ MsAngelfrombelow           ~ LucianeLucifer         ~ willesaur           ~ Weehdinga

~ Pandaphinia      ~ wondermickey  ~ jjkpop                           ~ heemskit                             ~ VIAN__                       ~ Bluecassy7      ~ byungoche

~ B2UTYGirlfriend  ~jinyounglipseu  ~ BerrieDust                ~ KimeNinazu

And +9000 hearts to my faithful subscribers and readers <3

 

and how would i have forgotten the special event? XD

So the winner of the event is..... Taisha !!

Although judging only from the title and the forward (and the characters XD), one story that interests me is the one that is called

"Thief that stole my heart". But being fair, since that one was only a forward, I'll recommend another one of her ff's...which is also only a foreward...XD

"Dating My BIFFLE: Best Friend for Life"

Update soon! (:

This event will be ongoing (if there are enough comments--and please state if you want to participate XD) and I'll be recommending your ff's here in this long A/N...

Until next time! :D

 

 

Sometimes I wonder who even reads my long A/Ns XDD