Like a Soap

Kosher

The two were on the couch; sitting so close their shoulders could rub. Seohyun slowly turned, Changmin doing the same. Both of them smiled before looking away.

“It’s so awkward.” Changmin mentioned letting out a small laugh. “What are we going to do?”

Seohyun thought for a moment. “Oppa are you embarrassed from hugging me?”

She was teasing him he could tell. Slipping an arm around her shoulders he made her lean against him. “Do you think I’m that inexperienced about relationships?”

Seohyun didn’t respond but he heard her pulse move faster. Smiling Changmin rested back against the chair. Seohyun opened to speak. “I wasn’t sure. You seemed cold before so it was hard for me to know exactly.”

He nodded. “You seem to have never experienced this am I right?”

Seohyun hesitated, moving herself to sit up. She placed her hands in her lap. “As a muse we had the love of the Gods I remember that much. But I never really felt compelled to be close with one of them… Not as close as I want to be with you.”

Changmin was amazed. He had expected at least one relationship from her. “I did date before. Nothing serious though. But then I had to stop, because I realised I was feeling nothing for them… Not like what this is that I feel for you.”

Seohyun found herself starting to smile from ear to ear. Changmin picked up one of her hands, holding it in his. He felt the circulation run through all her fingers in a smooth movement.


“Why did you choose me?” He asked, a question he’d been desperate to know the answer to.  

 

Surprisingly the answer seemed to come to her very naturally. “It’s partly because of how you are with Minyoung. She adores you oppa.”


“I see,” but Changmin couldn’t hide how smug he was feeling. He squeezed her hand.

“What about oppa?” Seohyun waited intensely, letting her hand slip away from his. He grabbed it again before she could retrieve it.


“You said once that you forgave me.” She agreed. He had to face her, his eyes gazing strongly. “For someone who I didn’t consider a friend at the time it meant a lot to me before I even realised I felt this way.”

 

He leaned in closer to her, she stayed frozen. “Seohyun… You showed me what it meant to be kind again.” Changmin had to let go, turning away while Seohyun fanned herself.

“Did it become hot to you?” She asked.


Changmin quickly stood up. “We can’t… Not until Kyuhyun knows.” He sighed. “I feel like I pulled his heart out of his chest with my bare hands.”

Seohyun shook her head to him. “Oppa, we aren’t a couple as such yet. Nothing we have done is wrong.”

“But still-- I have done a terrible thing to him.”

~~~

 

Changmin and Seohyun stayed around the house together while they waited for news of Kyuhyun and Yunho. The two talked a lot more than they had done since they’d met. There was no third wheel or Minyoung to interrupt or cause awkwardness.

 

It was now five days since their friends had left. Seohyun still wanted to find Minyoung but was becoming less driven to go alone. Changmin could see being inside the house for so long was starting to frustrate her.


“Let’s go for a walk.” Changmin said. Seohyun put down the book. “I’m serious, let’s go somewhere just you and me.”

“Can we really go?”

He assured her. “Yes, you probably would like it right?”

Her eyes suddenly increased in span. “Oppa t-this would be like—“

 

“—like what Seohyun?”

“Our first date,” Seohyun said with some hesitation. He then could see why she was like that. Her eyes slowly went to him. “Oppa… What do we do?”

It was time for a decision. Going to her Changmin took her hand and began to pull her to the door. “Let’s just leave the house for a bit. We can call it a date later.”

“Oh ok.”

Outside in the crisp air, Changmin let his coat stay open. Seohyun rubbed her hands together to warm them as they walked down the street. Changmin noticed that she walked close to him, head slightly down. Lifting an arm he raised it over her before putting it on her shoulder.


“Are you cold?”


“A little,” she admitted. Though it would make walking more awkward Changmin put his other arm over her front, circling her. Indeed he had to let go and stop to think.


“Ah I know, stand in front of me.”

Seohyun was puzzled but did as she was asked. Changmin came behind, pressing his front against her back. He carefully found her waist and wrapped his arms around. Seohyun’s face heated up and Changmin could sense her rise in body temperature.


“How is this?”

“B-better,” she stammered embarrassed. They started again, slower than before but still more active. People could stare if they wanted but Changmin didn’t care. The time they had together alone was running out.

 

“Oppa,” Seohyun spoke up after they were moving in silence for a bit. “What will we do when you two have to leave?”

“What do you mean?” Changmin looked down at her from the side.

“We may not… Be able to see each other like this. After all what if Kyuhyun strongly opposes of us being together and—“


Changmin halted causing Seohyun to walk forward alone a few steps. She spun around to him. His face was serious. “Kyuhyun and I may be best friends… But I’m not going to allow him to become between us. If I have to I’ll pull him apart from limb to limb.”


Seohyun paled a little from Changmin’s strong words. “Now that I’m with you Seohyun I would rather be nowhere else.” He noticed her slight discomfort so he paused to contemplate his next sentence.


“There’s a saying among humans, something I only just remembered then; it is that home is where the heart is. How can I go back to that place when it is no longer home?”


She stared at him, mouth opening slightly. “Seohyun, this is where my home is; with you. We’re still unsure and cautious but with every day that passes I’m sure this feeling can grow.”

 

Seohyun walked back to him, facing him. As she came to stand directly in front Changmin’s phone rang. Startled he answered it. “Kyuhyun is that you?” He listened to his friend before talking. “Ah I see, so you’ll be here tomorrow. Ok great we’ll see you then. Wait you want to talk to Seohyun?”


Changmin mouthed the question to Seohyun who shook her head. “Sorry she’s in the bathroom having a shower. What?! No I am not there Kyuhyun! I should go.”

He hung up with his face uncomfortable. “Kyuhyun just accused me of being a ert!”

Seohyun was as surprised as he was. “Wow that’s funny.” The two couldn’t help but laugh and then they both turned back.

 

~~~

 

The two waited at the park where Kyuhyun and Yunho would appear. They stood watching the sky. “Will they really fly from there?”

“Indeed,” Changmin answered. “You get used to it.”

“Ah I see.”

There was a rumbling and two shapes came from nowhere. Changmin had to pull Seohyun aside before she collided with a fiery figure. Yunho landed first with Kyuhyun soon following.

“Did you two go back to our realm?” Changmin asked as his friends slowly stood and dusted themselves off.


“Yeah, we spoke to my old friends who are willing to help you three.” Yunho answered.

“And what about finding help for Seohyun?”

“We found that.” Kyuhyun said his eyes not focused on Changmin’s face. “A door from their realm is going to be opening here today very soon. One of the muses can help.”

Changmin nodded with a bright expression. “I see that is a relief.”

 

“Yes we should go to where Seohyun lives.” Yunho suggested. Kyuhyun went to Seohyun and embraced her. Dumbfounded Seohyun didn’t know how to respond so she hugged back only briefly.


When Kyuhyun moved away his expression had hardened. Changmin and Yunho didn’t know what was wrong so they just went back, Yunho telling Changmin all about the realm of muses loudly so Seohyun could hear too.

 

Inside Seohyun offered them drinks which they refused. Changmin sat next to Yunho but on a separate chair, Kyuhyun opposite Seohyun who came down with her cup of tea.

“One of the muses there, her name’s Jessica you may know her Seohyun.”

Her face brightened. “Ah Jessica unnie, yeah I know her.”


“She’s going to help you get better alright?” Kyuhyun leaned forward in his chair while saying that, his hand on her knee. Changmin almost rose up but stayed rigidly in his seat due to Yunho’s warning gaze.

 

“Thank you oppa,” Seohyun told Kyuhyun, her eyes smiling along with . Her eyes blinked several times and she fell forward.

“SEOHYUN,” Kyuhyun stopped her hitting the table; the other two stopping in shock. “What’s wrong with her?! What did you do when we were away?!”

“N-nothing special Kyuhyun…”

“THEN WHY IS SHE LIKE THIS?!”

Yunho went over. “Calm down Kyuhyun. She’s still probably weak from the attack. Let me take her for you.”

“Sure,” Kyuhyun sounded surprisingly fine with this. “I have to speak with Changmin anyway.”

Giving Seohyun to Yunho Kyuhyun went to the front door calling in a flat voice for Changmin to come.
“W-where are we going?” Changmin saw Kyuhyun running at a fast pace down the road. Not knowing what was wrong Changmin just sprinted after him. They ended up back at Kyuhyun’s apartment.

Closing the door behind him Changmin watched as Kyuhyun placed a hand against the television screen, eyes shut. Images flashed along the surface, all a blur until Kyuhyun opened his eyes.

“Here it is.”

He couldn’t believe it. It was when he and Seohyun were walking down the street. He saw how he had awkwardly held her from the side before making her stand behind him so he could hug from behind. Kyuhyun’s fists were clenched tightly at both sides, his mouth a straight line.


“Am I like soap to you?” His voice empty of emotion, “that you would ignore me and straight up take something that you never wanted in the first place?!”


Changmin remained speechless. Kyuhyun turned to him, eyes fierce. “Was my absence an excuse for you to touch something I claimed for myself?! Did you have to be like that with her because I want to be with her?!”

“Kyuhyun I—“

“—THEN WHY CHANGMIN?!” His yelling shook the room. “WHY DID YOU STEAL FROM ME THE ONE AND ONLY THING I DESIRED MOST?!”

Forcing himself to move closer Changmin made sure Kyuhyun wasn’t going to beat him up or attack. “Kyuhyun Seohyun she… She doesn’t like you.”

“You cannot say that!”

“But she told me Kyuhyun.” There was no other way. “Kyuhyun I’m sorry but the one Seohyun likes is not you… It’s me.”


Uh oh things are not looking good between these two. Let me know if you find any mistakes.