Faint

Kosher

“Where could she have gone?!” Kyuhyun exclaimed as the pair stood in the living room, brainstorming.

Changmin had a thought. “Where’s the note she received?”

“I think it’s in her room, hey wait—“

Changmin was already up stairs to the first door. Inside he didn’t have to go far to find it for the note was beside her bed. Taking it he hurried down the stairs.


“Here,” Changmin showed it to him. Kyuhyun read the paper, his eyes moving side to side.

“Right of course, Kibum’s that kind of vampire!” He turned to Changmin. “Do you know the name of this club?”

Changmin read it. “Ah yes that’s where I saw him before—“

“—Forget about that we need to hurry it’s been ten minutes since she had to go there!”

The two dashed out of the house, managing to close the broken door before they ran as fast as they could.


~~~


They arrived at the club where the music was loud and it was jam packed. Kyuhyun let out a sigh. “How are we meant to find them? There are too many people in here!”

Changmin peered amongst the crowd. It was hard to distinguish who everyone was. “Wait a minute.” Closing his eyes Changmin allowed his other vision to search. Blue, blue, blue, everyone’s souls were blue.


“They’re not in here. Let’s try somewhere else like the alleyway.”

“Good idea, the idea of her being stuck with those dirty things…  It makes me cringe.”

They left through the same way they came, going to the side and then turning at the corner.

Kyuhyun called out to the darkness. “Seohyun where are you?!” They scanned the dim area, with only one light that flickered on and off. Kyuhyun ruffled his hair feeling perplexed. Changmin allowed himself to scan the space. A blue light came from where there was a plastic bag ready for the trash. Someone had recently committed murder.


Then he saw it; the purple aura further down near the corner. “Kyuhyun she’s there!” Changmin tugged at his friend’s arm and they rushed through, treading around the filth.


They drew closer, both of them becoming more and more anxious. “Seohyun are you—“


That was when Changmin found her. She was leaning against a wall; legs bent at the knee, head against her shoulder. They hurried to her aid. She didn’t move.
“Seohyun,” Kyuhyun said softly. “Can you hear us? Seohyun please wake up—“

“—Kyuhyun look!”

He looked where Changmin was pointing. Her neck had two large puncture wounds; a little blood was still coming from the holes.

Changmin hesitated. “These look deep,” he said, trying not to clench his teeth. “The bastard… How much blood did they take?!”

“Let’s take her home. Changmin you’re the stronger one out of us. Can you carry her?”

With Kyuhyun’s help, Seohyun was carefully placed onto Changmin’s back.  He slowly stood up both his hands holding her back. Her body temperature felt strangely cold, not like a warm blooded mammal.


“We have to hurry.” With that they both ran back as fast as they could, not caring if people stared.


~~~

They laid Seohyun down on the couch. “She doesn’t appear to have any other wounds.”

Changmin nodded in relief. “There is no blood elsewhere which is good. But it looks like he took a lot for his mission.”

“What are we going to do?” Kyuhyun sighed having to turn his head away. “She could die Changmin—“

He couldn’t continue. Changmin watched Seohyun who was barely breathing but still holding on. He felt for his phone. That was when he had an idea. Walking to the other end he dialled a number. “Hyung are you there? Can you come to the human realm? It’s important, Seohyun’s been injured please, we need your help.”

“I’ll be there soon. I have something to take care of but once I’ve done that I’ll come. Have you given her blood?”

Changmin almost dropped the phone. In all his life of being a vampire he’d never had to resort to self-sacrifice. He glanced back at Kyuhyun who still had his back turned. “Hyung, I’ve never… Never done that before.”

“It’s easy Changmin-ah. Make a bite in your wrist and then put it against . Make sure it fully covers the holes otherwise you’ll waste more.”

“Alright I’ll do that… Will it be ok for her?”

“From the sounds of it I think you’re desperate to try anything. Most humans are willing to receive it.” Changmin ended the call. Staring at Seohyun and then at Kyuhyun he rolled back a sleeve.

To make sure he had no time to regret it he quickly bit down hard. His teeth sank into the skin, the blood starting to flow out.

Kneeling beside Seohyun he held his wrist against her lips. “Drink, please.” She did not make any effort. Grabbing the back of her head Changmin pushed her forward and down. Soon he felt the circulation flowing into Seohyun. He let out a sigh in relief.

 

“What are you doing?” He almost jumped. How long had Kyuhyun been watching?

Unable to face his friend Changmin stared at his lap. “She needs blood… You understand right?”

Kyuhyun nodded. “I heard you on the phone earlier. Who were you talking to?”

“Yunho hyung is going to come. He may be able to help us.”

Kyuhyun bobbed his head. “I see, very well.” They left it at that.


~~~


After letting Seohyun feed from him, Changmin felt a little disoriented. He had to sit down for a while, his head spinning. It didn’t matter though, for her he would do it again.


Kyuhyun had gone to meet up with Yunho. The stress of the situation was messing with his head so he had to go out for a short time.


Seohyun’s head moved. She opened her eyes and gasped. Changmin quickly stood up; wobbling as he lost balance. “Seohyun, are you awake?”

“W-what happened?” Putting a hand to she felt some blood there. Sitting up her eyes widened with her jaw falling.

 

 “Minyoung, s-she… I have to go!”

“Wait a moment!” Changmin saw her get up, staggering to the door. He followed after her dizziness catching him off guard.

“Minyoung she needs me! I have to save her—“

At last Changmin caught up. “Seohyun you can’t, you aren’t well!”

“I HAVE NO CHOICE!” She shook his hand free. Clasping the edge of the doorframe Seohyun tried to push it open. Then she slipped her hand falling towards the jagged glass.

“Seohyun,” Changmin acted too slowly; her hand got sliced. She closed , her face paling. “What is it?”

She vomited onto the floor. Eventually her shaking legs gave way and fell. He was there to catch her. Her sick was a dark crimson colour.


“Changmin what happened?!” He looked up and saw Kyuhyun and Yunho coming towards him. Sinking down onto the floor, he sat there Seohyun still in his arms.

He bitterly told them, guilt ridden for her being ill. “She rejected the blood I gave her.”



Uh oh this isn’t a good sign. Let’s hope that Yunho is able to help her somehow.