Chapter 8

Let Me Love You (Hiatus)

 

 


After the small confession inside the hotel bedroom, the two women are now sitting side by side inside the white BMW. 

 

 

The awkward atmosphere was still there. Neither of them have the courage to spark a conversation. 

 

 

Jessica can definitely sense the uneasiness in the brunette’s movement. She noticed that Tiffany would often shift uncomfortably on the seat, and bite her fingernails like a lost child.

 

 

The blonde chuckled inwardly. The sight in front of her was both amusing and cute at the same time. Who would’ve thought a person like Tiffany, looking strong and cold on the outside, end up being nervous and shy all because of her.

 

 

Technically, it was not her, but the request she made a while ago. She would never forget that priceless expression on the brunette’s face after she inform her that today they will be going on a date. Of course Tiffany would argue back. But the reason of being the brunette’s client for the day is enough to shut up and obey whatever Jessica said.

 

 

Jessica had this in mind before she made her move. If she offer Tiffany help again, the brunette would definitely rejects it and walk away. Jessica wasn’t planning to let Tiffany walk away again, so she decided to work her way from the bottom to top.

 

 

She would start off by being the girl’s client. It was just an excuse for her to support the brunette financially. Since Tiffany wouldn’t accept her money directly, this would be a great excuse for her to help and spend more time with the girl.

 

 

Jessica wouldn’t ask for much. All she hoped was that being Tiffany’s client could help her escape from whatever tragic situation she is in at the moment. She knows that she likes the brunette, and that she would do anything to protect her, even if Tiffany doesn’t feel the same way.

 

 

She had their date all planned out. They would go to the amusement park and end the day with dinner at one of her favorite restaurants in Seoul. She figured that the brunette probably don’t have the time to experience these kind of things in life besides meeting with clients. This could be a great opportunity to relax the brunette and have both of them enjoy the day.

 

 

As for Tiffany, she would be lying if she said she wasn’t nervous at all. For the sake of god, she doesn’t even remember when was the last time she visit the outside world other than going to hotels and the convenience store! And with the blonde keeping their destination a mystery, the curiosity only makes the brunette anticipated more.

 

 

-

 

 

“We’re here.”

 

 

Tiffany’s head snap up as she heard the blonde’s voice. She took a look outside the window and observed her surrounding. She saw groups and groups of people lining up at the entrance, kids running around excitedly, and couples holding hands while transferring from one place to the next. Oh, they are at the amusement park.

 

 

She remembered the last time she come to the amusement park was when her mother was still alive. This was her favorite place during her childhood. Her family would always come here over the weekends. Mostly because after the first time her mother took her here, she had fell in love with the place. And whenever she nags her parents to come visit the place again, they would always say yes. She was once a spoiled child.

 

 

Except now, those were all bittersweet memories. The amusement park was no longer her favorite place, maybe it was because she hasn’t visit the place in ages. And because of her mother’s death, this place reminds Tiffany about the time she spent with the woman. This place was a reminder about their once happy family that no longer exists. 

 

 

“Come, I already bought tickets for us.” Jessica said excitedly as she reached out her hand for the dazed brunette to take.

 

 

Tiffany was too engrossed in her own thoughts about the past, and that she almost forgot that Jessica is the one who brought her here. Unnoticed that the blonde had already exit the car and came over to her side to open the door for her. She just stared at the pale hand in front of her that was offering for her to take.

 

 

Seeing that the brunette is still unresponsive and somewhat dazed, Jessica decided to take the lead.

 

 

She quietly took Tiffany’s hand into hers, and intertwined them together. Giving the hand a little pull, she managed to have Tiffany move off the seat and follow her inside the park. Jessica can’t help but grin slightly, happy that she is holding Tiffany’s hand for the second time.

 

 

-

 

 

Throughout the whole day, it was just Jessica dragging the brunette from one ride to the next. Is not that Tiffany doesn’t like it, but the place just reminds her too much of her childhood. And her childhood was something that she would least want to remember.

 

 

Jessica was obviously excited at the fact that she and Tiffany are spending time together. But she noticed that Tiffany hasn’t talk much since the girl step in the park and that she had this gloomy expression on her face the whole day.

 

 

The blonde frown a little as they continue walking through the crowd. Seeing the brunette like this, Jessica doesn’t have the mood to go on rides anymore. She didn’t dare to ask the girl what was wrong, because is obvious that the brunette is not going to share her private life with her.

 

 

Just like this, the blonde began to lead the brunette back to the car. They were both still holdings hands.

 

 

Until Jessica felt her hand being pulled back, or rather, the person that she was holding stops walking.

 

 

The blonde turned around and stare at the brunette curiously, wondering what was the reason that caused the girl to stop walking. She noticed that Tiffany is staring at one of the toy stands, or rather, a particular grey fluffy stuffed animal that was placed on the center of the toy shelf.

 

 

Tiffany didn’t move an inch from the spot. She just continued staring at the grey object.

 

 

Jessica took the notice and asked. 

 

 

“You want me to get that for you?”

 

 

The brunette remained mum and continued holding her gaze toward the toy stand.     

 

 

It was that stuffed animal. That grey object, whose name is called Totoro. Tiffany remembered she used to nag her mom to get the toy for her everytime she pass this place. Unlike any other toys, you were supposed to play this game and win it. Sadly, everytime her mom plays it, they always went home with empty hands because she never won. And now, her mother will never be able to win that plushie for her, because she is not alive anymore…

 

 

Even until now, Tiffany wished that her mom had won that plushie for her. At least that could be something for her to keep, and to remember that there was once someone who loves her very much and would do anything for her.

 

 

Jessica noticed that the girl’s gaze was full with emotions. There were emptiness, longing, and love? It seems like the brunette really want the toy. So Jessica thought that maybe if she got Tiffany the stuffed animal, it will brighten up her mood.

 

 

With another glance toward the toy stand, the blonde turn back toward the brunette and spoke quietly.

 

 

“Wait here.”

 

 

With that, she let go of the hand that she has been holding for the past 5 hour and walk toward the toy stand.

 

 

“Good afternoon Ahjussi, can I buy that grey stuffed animal on the shelf?” The blonde asked politely.

 

 

“Oh good afternoon to you too young lady!” said the owner who is an old man of the toy stand. “You wanted the Totoro? Oh my, that plushie can only be earned if you win this game.”

 

 

“What game?”

 

 

“Well you see, there are 10 cans pyramid behind me, you will only have one try to knock all of them down with one Ping-Ping ball. And of course, you will have to pay in order to play the game.” said the old man, with a smirk on his face. No one, he meant no one has ever won this game. That is why this game was such a money earner for him. People would spend dollar after dollar to try and succeed this, but at the end, it was no use.

 

 

“Here,” said the blonde while handing the man with a cash of 10,000 won. That money is enough for 10 tries. I will get this for her.

 

 

-

 

 

“Here!” A certain blonde said excitedly as she hand the fluffy object in her hand to the brunette in front of her with a sheepish smile on her face.

 

 

It was a miracle that Jessica actually won the Totoro. She lost count after the 30th tries, but it works. Somehow she managed to knock down all 10 cans with one small ball. Yep, it was a miracle indeed since she used to do badly in these kinds of games.

 

 

Tiffany stared down at the stuffed animal in the blonde’s hand, and then looks back at the blonde’s face. Tears were threatening to fall as she looks back at the Totoro again.

 

 

The blonde panicked. Did she do something wrong? Did the brunette not like the stuffed animal? But she kept staring at the toy earlier. Why is she-

 

 

Before Jessica could think of anything else, a pair of hand gently grabs the grey object from her hand.

 

 

She quietly observed the brunette. The girl’s expression was unreadable. It was somewhat in between grief and hopeful? She couldn’t quiet figure it out, but nonetheless, the brunette seem to like the toy…

 

 

“Hey, if you don’t-”

 

 

Jessica didn’t even get the chance to finish her sentence as a pair of arms sneaks around her neck and brought her into an embrace.

 

 

Tiffany finally broke down. Because after all these years, she was able to have that stuffed animal in her hand. It was a bittersweet reminder of her past with her happy family, yet the sad reality that it no longer exist and that the person that gifted her with the toy was not her mom.

 

 

But she was thankful. Thankful that the blonde was able to notice her. Unlike everyone else in her life, except her mom, no one has care for her like this. But Jessica did. The blonde tried. Even for just one day, the blonde tried to make her feel better and be more understanding. It was just Tiffany that doesn’t allow the girl to break her barrier.

 

 

The emotions she felt within her were all too much. The next thing she knew, she was already embracing the blonde and crying her hearts out, while one hand clutching tightly on theTotoro plushie.

 

 

Jessica’s heart softened as she watched the girl break down in front of her. She stands there unmoved, just letting the brunette embracing her. She too, brought her arms up and returned the hug.

 

 

She didn’t want to press the brunette any further. She would wait until the time is right, and the girl will eventually tell her all her reasons. She tightened her arms around the brunette as she heard the sobs getting louder and louder. Until a mumbled was hear from the crying figure.

 

 

“T-Thank you…”

 

 

Something clicked inside Jessica’s brain as she heard Tiffany’s soft whisper. The blonde embraced the brunette tighter than ever before.

 

 

The hug was warm, and her feelings were getting stronger second by second. For once in her life, Jessica did not want to let go. She wished to protect and hold the brunette forever, until the time ends.

 

 

-

 

 

After the amusement park, Jessica brought the brunette to one of her favorite restaurants in Seoul. It was nothing fancy, since the blonde preferred things that are simple. Even with her high status, she tend to find herself enjoy things that are less complex. This place is just one of the many that she enjoyed going that is not high classed.

 

 

As they enter the restaurant, the waitress immediately recognized the face of Jessica, since she visit here quiet often. Except this time, the waitress had a somewhat surprised expression as she greets Jessica. Normally the blonde would come here alone. It was rare to see her with someone else.

 

 

Without waiting for long, they were seated at the usual spot, where Jessica always sits when she comes to the restaurant.

 

 

“So what can I get for you today Jessica?” The blonde waitress asked politely.

 

 

“Is there anything you want?” The blonde asked the brunette, who is sitting across from her.

 

 

“I will have whatever you are having.”

 

 

“Okay,” said Jessica as she turns back to the waitress.

 

 

“I will just have the usual Hyoyeon, but make it two this time”

 

 

“It will be here in a minute. Is nice to see you finally with someone” Before Hyoyeon leaves, she didn’t forget to send a wink to the blushing couple in front of her. They look cute together.

 

 

“Hyoyeon! We’re n-” But it was too late, the waitress has already left their table before Jessica can scold her for her careless comment. Is not that she doesn’t want them to be a couple yet. Well… she wanted her and Tiffany to be a couple. But it seems like the brunette is not on the same page as her.

 

 

Unknown to Jessica, as Tiffany heard the scold from Jessica to Hyoyeon. She felt a tug in the bottom of her stomach. What was it? Disappointment? Sadness? Maybe regrets? The brunette doesn’t know, but she was saddened by the blonde’s comment. What would she expect? They were nothing since the beginning.

 

 

Seeing Tiffany’s sudden change of expression, Jessica curse under her breath, thinking that it must be Hyoyeon’s rude comment of them being a couple had made the girl uncomfortable.

 

 

Taking another glance to the brunette, Jessica smiled a little. Since they left the amusement park, Tiffany has not let go of the Totoro for once. Even when they were getting out of the car to go in the restaurant, the brunette was still holding it. And now here it is, in the girl’s hold again while they are sitting inside the restaurant.

 

 

Maybe it was just her, but seeing Tiffany clutching tightly on the toy, and knowing that she is the one that has won it for the girl made Jessica feel butterflies in her stomach. It feels like the brunette was holding her and that she is not letting her go.

 

 

“You really like that toy…” Jessica spoke as stare at brunette.

 

 

Tiffany nodded. The thought of the waitress’s comment suddenly vanished as she looks down on the plushy in her hand. She smiled as she run her fingers through the Totoro’s fluffy head.

 

 

The sight was so peaceful. It was like a little girl who had just gifted her favorite toy by her parents. Jessica’s heart melts as she watched the girl in front of her. She unconsciously blurt out.

 

 

“I hope Totoro will make you smile everyday… and that whenever you look at it, I hope it will remind you of me.”

 

 

-

 

 

After more than 4 servings of deokbokki, the two finally decided to leave the restaurant. Jessica ordered only two servings at first, but who knows the brunette can eat so much. And as she watched the brunette eats, she couldn’t help but to eat more too. With a full stomach, Jessica decided that they should take a walk before going back to the car.

 

 

Silence enveloped the two as the stroll around the busy street of Seoul. It wasn’t like those awkward silence, it was comfortable. Neither of them spoke a word. They are just enjoying each other’s presence. It was nice.

 

 

Until the silence was disturbed by a sudden vibration coming from the brunette’s phone. Tiffany mumbled a ‘sorry’ before reaching for the phone inside her jacket pocket.

 

 

1 new message

 

Meet me at XX Hotel tonight at 10PM.

 

 

Tiffany frowned slightly as she read the message. For some reason, she did not want to leave Jessica. But then again, she knew she had to. Or else, she would drown deeper into Jessica’s world since the blonde’s caring gestures had some affects on her already. And by that time, she would be too late to pull herself out. She did not want to get attach to anyone, not even to Jessica in this case.

 

 

Unknowingly to the brunette that was busy reading the message on her phone, Jessica caught a glimpse of it since she was standing beside the girl. She too, frowned a little at the thought of Tiffany leaving her so early.

 

 

It was just a second later that an idea had come to her mind.

 

 

The blonde bravely put her hand over the brunette’s phone. When she found the power button, she presses it down, causing the girl’s phone to turn off. Tiffany stared at the blonde with a shock yet surprise expression.

 

 

“Hey! Why you do that for? That was my client!”

 

 

Jessica flinched a little at the brunette’s outburst. She frowned at the thought of thinking other people touching the brunette. But she remains calm on the outside and spoke her words carefully.

 

 

“Well, I am your client too. And since I called you first, aren’t I the first priority before the ones that call in later?”

 

 

Tiffany stays mum. Jessica does have a point here. Since the blonde call her first, it does make sense that she have to take care of the blonde first before anyone else that comes after, right?

 

 

“And plus, since I am your client, I didn’t ask you to leave yet. We’re not done. I have the right to keep you with me as long as I wanted.” Said Jessica in a serious tone. She was pretty happy with her counterattack. It seems to be a success.

 

 

The brunette just nod along with whatever that was coming out of the blonde’s mouth. The girl has a point, and it make sense. There was no use of her fighting back. But Tiffany was afraid. She was scared that if Jessica kept holding her back like this. One day, she would run out of the strength to go back to her life as a e, and that she would become so attach to Jessica to the point where she can no longer leave the girl.

 

 

Jessica grins happily as she watched the brunette nodding along.

 

 

“Let’s go back.”

 

 

On the way walking back to the car, Jessica quietly grabbed Tiffany’s hand and intertwined it with hers. Seeing the brunette didn’t pull back. Her heart began to fill with warmness, and it was beating against her chest wildly.

 

 

On the other hand, Tiffany was no better that Jessica. A simple gesture like this has already made her heart go all over the place. A tint of pink can be seemed on her cheeks. But she choose to ignore these feelings, it was not too late to pull herself out before is too late.

 

 

She ignored how these two hands seem to fit perfectly with each other.

 

 

-

 

 

As for Jessica, she had to go to work early in the morning. But she didn’t fail to see that as she get out of bed, her movement had cause the brunette to stir in her sleep. She noticed a pair of sleepy eyes staring at her.

 

 

Since it was so early in the morning, the blonde didn’t want Tiffany to wake up yet. Since the events from yesterday had probably drain all of the girl’s energy.

 

 

She gently went beside the brunette and kneels down. She began to hum a sweet melody and start the brunette’s hair, hoping that will lead the girl back to dreamland again. It was not long until she heard a faint snore coming from the sleeping girl.

 

 

 She smiled at the sight, and planted a soft kiss on the girl’s forehead before leaving off to work.

 

 

-

 

 

Later on that morning, Tiffany woke up alone in bed, fully clothed.

 

 

She remembered the event from last night. Jessica took her back to the blonde’s apartment. The blonde asked them to sleep together. Since the blonde was her client, she didn’t refuse.

 

 

But she couldn’t deny the feeling in her chest as Jessica wrap her arms around her waist and buried her head on the back of her neck before mumbling a ‘good night’ as they both drift off to dreamland.

 

 

Then she remembered the event 2 hours ago.

 

 

When she felt the warmth on her back disappeared, she groggily opens her eyes and saw Jessica getting out of bed. She wanted to ask where the blonde is going, but she was too tired. Until she heard a soft melody luring her back to sleep again, and a warm loving hand her hair.

 

 

The feeling was amazing. The gestures were caring and full of love. She knew at the moment, she feel safe. And safe was something she hasn’t felt since her mother’s death.

 

 

Looking over at the nightstand, there was a sticky note being paste on the surface. She crawls over to the edge of the bed and reach for the note.

 

 

To Tiffany:

 

I am sorry you have wakened up alone in my apartment ): But I have work in the morning, and sorry again for waking you up earlier. I had fun yesterday, and I hope you did too. Sorry for holding you back from your other clients last night. I didn’t forget the money. I put it next to the nightstand too. I hope the amount is enough.

 

I can’t wait to see you again ^^

 

Love, Jessica <3

 

 

Tiffany’s heart flutters as she read through the note. She doesn’t know why, but there it goes again. Her heart going duegun, duegun just by anything from Jessica, it was a nice feeling to be honest.

 

 

Looking over at the nightstand again, there she spotted another item. As she picks it up and look at it. Tiffany gasped.

 

 

It was a check with 5 million won.

 

 

-

 

 

A/N:

Is been so long guys! T-T I am sorry for not updating faster ):

Even though summer is here, I had sign up for summer college classes :\ Still have to go to school > >

And with the addition of my summer job ): I barely have time to write T T 

Please forgive me? *pout* :3 I will try to update faster on weekends ^^ 

Keke, I did a long update for this one :D Did you guys enjoy reading it? (:

Anyways~ Thank you all for reading & commenting & subscribing! ^^