Chapter 4

Let Me Love You (Hiatus)

 


 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

I woke up to the sound of chirping birds. I groggily opened my eyes; blinking few times to get adjust to the lighting of the room. It was a sunny day after the storming night. I stare blankly at the desk that was not to far away from me. There wasn’t a desk in the room I stay in. Now my brain is starting to function after remembering what happen the night before. It was raining. I remembered running out of the room I stayed in, and barged into someone else’s room because of the thunder. Then a pair of arms encircled my waist, and I heard an angelic voice whispering sweet words to my ears until I fell asleep.

 

 

Feeling warmth behind my back, my eyes landed on the pair of arms that was wrapped around my waist. My eyes widened at the sight. Barging into people’s room in the middle of the night is bad enough, but this is just worse… What was I thinking last night!? She is not supposed to see me like this. I have made up my mind. The blonde is not going to see me when she wakes up. Yes, she is not going to see me.

 

 

I tried to move as little as possible, but she was embracing me tightly. It was almost impossible for me get out. Carefully, I picked up her arms that was wrapped around my waist and placed them on the space between us. I got out of the bed slowly, trying to not make the bed move too much, afraid that it’s going to wake her up.

 

 

After a period of struggle, I was finally standing on the carpet floor, away from the bed. I turned around, relieved to see that the blonde is still sleeping peacefully. Except now her arms are placed in a weird position. Not that I can do anything about it, because it can wake her up.

 

 

Just when I turn around and was about to walk away from the bed, I felt my arm being pulled back by a strong force. Only seconds later I found myself lying in bed again, with the blonde’s arms wrapped possessively around my waist. My mind was shock and blank. I was about to open my mouth and protest, until I heard a soft murmured behind my back.

 

 

“Don’t go anywhere. Stay. I am still sleepy.”

 

 

It sounded like a command, but my body was still in its shocked state. I decided to keep my mouth mum and stay in place. My body froze as she snuggled to my back. There was a weird feeling in my stomach, but I decided to ignore it. But one thing for sure, I can feel my heartbeat quicken as the warmth from her body transmitted to mine. It felt so comfortable, it feel safe. My body just relaxed on its own and is actually comfortable staying in this position. I can feel my eyelids getting heavier and heavier everytime I blink. It was not long before I fall back into slumber again.

 

 

-

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

After sleeping some more, now this time it was the blonde who wake up first.  She took a look beside her, a small smile formed at the corner of her lips as she watched the brunette’s sleeping face. Who is still sleeping peacefully as always. She carefully removed her arms from the girl’s waist and gently pulled the cover over the girl’s shoulders. She successfully sneaks herself out of the room without making too much noise.

 

 

The blonde decided to give a call to her secretary telling her that she is not going to the office today. Jessica didn’t tell her secretary her reason for not going to work, but from her tone, she sound surprised that her boss actually requested a day off for the first time. Since she has a visitor in her home last night, it was probably not a good idea for her to go to work. Jessica decided to stay back and take care of the brunette.

 

 

After washing herself up in the bathroom, the blonde decided to make breakfast (even though is noon already). To be honest, she was never a good cook in the family ever since she was little. But she wouldn’t fall on the worst cook in the world list either. Some of the things she cooked are still somewhat edible. After years of living alone, she can pull off an edible dish or two.

 

 

She decided to make pancakes for the brunette and herself. Suddenly missing the American style breakfast, pancake is a good choice. The blonde quickly put on her blue apron and began her work. Since she lived in America before, pancake was already a familiar recipe for her. It didn’t take long before she placed two plates full of pancakes on the dining table along with some berries and maple syrup. Finishing the dishes with two cups of milk, she quickly washed her hand and took off her apron. She was about to walk upstairs and wake up the brunette, but jumped a little as she find her at the corner of the kitchen, looking back at her with a pair of sleepy eyes. Cute.

 

 

“Good morning, go wash up. I prepared breakfast for the both of us,” the blonde greeted, with a smile on her face.

 

 

The brunette only nodded, still having that sleepy look on her face. She clumsily rubbed her eyes with both of her hands, trying to ease away the sleepiness. The blonde smiled at the sight, finding the girl’s action amusing. She can be very adorable at times.

 

 

The brunette reappeared in kitchen after a couple of minutes. Seeing that the blonde is sitting down at one of the seats in the dining table, she bowed a little, just to say that she’s sorry for keeping the blonde waiting.

 

 

“Morning… you don’t have to wait for me…” Tiffany said quietly as she sat herself down at the spot across from Jessica.

 

 

“Is fine, I don’t mind at all. Try this, I made it myself. I hope it doesn’t taste too bad…” Jessica smiled shyly.

 

 

Pouring some syrup over her pancake, Tiffany picked up the knife and fork that was placed in the sides of the plate. Using the small silver cutting knife, she easily slices the pancake in tiny pieces. Taking a forkful of pancake, she stuffed it inside without hesitation. The blonde was staring at her expectantly from across the table, with her plate of pancake untouched.

 

 

Tiffany chewed it slowly, before swallowing it down. It has been a while since the last time she had pancake for breakfast. This pancake was not perfect, but it was not bad either. Although it was slightly burned on one side, it was still edible and tasty after adding some maple syrup. And the thought of the blonde waking up and cooking breakfast for her makes the pancake taste sweeter in . Taking her eyes off the plate, she looks back at the staring blonde before giving off one of her mega watt eye-smiles.

 

 

“It taste great, I like it,” the brunette commented before going back to the plate of hot pancakes again. Not caring about her image, she hungrily finished the remaining pancakes on her plate. Maybe it was bad idea after all for not grabbing a meal before the session with her client last night. That leaves her a grumpy stomach and now she couldn’t help but to eat like a prisoner in front of the blonde.

 

 

At first Jessica was surprised to see the eye smile from the brunette. She thought her heart was going to jump out of her chest for beating so wildly. That eye smile was probably the most beautiful thing she has seen in her whole life. But her surprised face soon turned into an amused one. That was when the girl decided to finish the remaining pancakes. In her eyes, the brunette looks like some kind of hobo that hasn’t had a meal for a week. She was shoving the whole plate of pancake down . Did that take more than 5 minute? She doesn’t think so, because the plate in front of the girl is already empty. Just by looking at the brunette eating her pancakes, it was enough to make Jessica full. She gently pushes the plate of pancakes that was in front of her toward the brunette’s direction.

 

 

Tiffany looked at her with a confused expression. Yes, she is now done with her plate of pancakes and is sipping on the glass of milk. But it seems like her stomach is still unsatisfied with the amount of pancakes she consumed earlier. So maybe finishing that glass of milk will make it feel better. Still unable to comprehend the blonde’s action, her confused expression remained on her face.

 

 

 

“Here, you can have mine. I am not hungry,” the blonde said truthfully. She successfully pushed the plate of pancake in front of the girl and is now waiting for her to take it and eat it as well.

 

 

“N-No... Is fine, I am full already.” That was such a lie.

 

 

“Come on, it would be a waste if I throw these pancakes away since I am not hungry.”

 

 

“Really? I can have that too?” Tiffany said, a little bit too excited. Her eyes twinkled with happiness as the blonde motioned her to go ahead and dig in. She happily devoured the second plate of pancakes and gulping down the rest of the milk in her cup. Now her stomach is satisfied. She gave the blonde a content smile, indicating that she’s thankful for the food and that she’s not hungry anymore.

 

 

-

 

 

Tiffany is now up in the room she stayed in, while the blonde is downstairs doing the dishes. She offered to do the dishes, but was rejected. So here she is, up in the room, checking on her phone.

 

 

3 missed calls and 5 messages

 

 

She checked all the phone calls and read all the messages. All of the messages were from her clients, while the phone calls were from her roommate. Her roommate was a short girl named Taeyeon. She was not exactly her roommate, but the owner of the apartment she stayed in. Tiffany met her when she was looking for a place to stay in. They became good friends, the short girl showed sympathy toward Tiffany, so she invited her to stay with her.

 

 

Taeyeon was different from Tiffany. She had her own apartment, and was the owner of a popular café in Seoul. She always tried to persuade Tiffany to work for her in the café, but was rejected everytime. The brunette doesn’t want to trouble the woman, and keeping the job she has right now allow her to pay the debt faster. Even with her occupation as a e, Taeyeon still remained friends with her. Not caring about what other people think, she was there when Tiffany need help. Tiffany was grateful to have a friend like her.

 

 

Tiffany sighed as she called the short girl. Taeyeon on the other line bombarded her with loads of questions asking her where she is, and why is she not picking up the phone, because usually she would go back to the apartment right away after dealing with clients. She calmly answered all of the questions, but she didn’t tell her about the incident. She just told her that she is staying at some friend’s place and is going to be back soon.

 

 

After the phone call with Taeyeon, Tiffany gathered all her belongings and changed the pajama back to her one piece dress that barely covers her body. In her mind, she was thinking that she had bothered the blonde for too long, and is about time for her to leave. She convinced herself that everything was just an accident, the blonde just happen to see her at the park, and was nice enough to save her and bring her back home. But despite all these, Tiffany can’t help but feel disappointed. A part of her wanted to stay, even if just for a little longer. She felt safe beside the stranger, the way she embraced her make her feel wanted. It was the first time someone has cared for her after her mother’s death. That feeling is different compare to Taeyeons; it feels like there’s something more. Tiffany was having a battle inside her head. But her decision is made, she is going to leave. Taeyeon is worried about her safety, and there are clients that wanted to meet her tonight. She has to leave.

 

 

-

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

 

I was done with the dishes when I saw her coming down the stairs. I was just about to go upstairs to check on her. It was then I saw her no longer in her pajama, but was in her ripped dress that she wore when I first saw her at the park. Holding her purse with her hands, I finally got the hint. I know what’s going to happen, she is leaving. I was lost in my own thoughts until I realized her presence in front of me. She is now standing no more than 3 feet away from me. 

 

 

We were just standing there, staring at each other. None of us wanted to speak, none of us wanted to say goodbye. But both of us knew that this is going to happen. Who am I kidding? She was just a stranger I met at the park. And here I am, hoping that she would stay… with me.

 

 

“Thank you for taking care of me last night. I am sorry for all the trouble. I think is time for me to leave.” She spoke at last, staring back at me with those dark brown orbs.

 

 

How wrong was for her to think that she cause me trouble? There was no trouble from the beginning; I was the one that wanted to take care of her. I wanted her to stay, even though we’ve just met last night. I wanted to tell her that I care for her, and that I would do anything for her to stay. But it seems like those words were stuck in my throat. I can’t because this is her decision.

 

 

“It was no trouble at all…” I managed to choke out before she head toward the front door.

 

 

I stood frozen. Oh this is happening, she is leaving for real. My brain snapped out of its thoughts as I heard the doorknob click. I wasn’t even thinking straight as the word escaped my mouth.

 

 

“Wait!”

 

 

I ran back inside the living room, searching frantically for my leather jacket. I finally found it lying on top of the couch. I quickly grabbed it and ran back to the front door. I was glad that she didn’t leave yet; she was standing there with a confused expression on her face. I walk toward her, one step at a time. Now we’re standing in front of each other, with barely the distance of 2 feet.

 

 

“Here,” I raised my arm that was holding the jacket and wrapped it tightly around her bare shoulders. I realized that there’s no way I will let her go walk in the street with that piece of ripped clothing on. There are a bunch of hungry men out there on the street. They can take her out in no time.

 

 

Then I gently grabbed her bandaged wrist and start inspecting it. Just to see if it needs to be change or clean. To be honest, I was disappointed that the bandage was perfectly fine, and that I wasn’t able to make up an excuse of having her stay for a little longer.

 

 

“Don’t let water going near the bandaged area, it can infect the cuts.” I said as I gently plant a soft kiss on the wrist, hoping that the kiss will take away the pain and that it will heal soon. As I pull away, I definitely did not miss that tint of pinkness on her cheeks.

 

 

“Thank you…” She mumbled before stepping out of the house. 

 

 

“Take care…” I slowly let go of her wrist and replied sadly.

 

 

As I watched her walking away from me, calling a cab on the sidewalk, a thought hit my head. I just realized that all these time, I still don’t know the name of the girl. How did I not realize this sooner? Then I decided to take a step forward.

 

 

“I’m Jessica. What’s your name?”

 

 

I saw her stopped in front of the taxi door, without turning back. She answered.

 

 

“Tiffany, the name is Tiffany.”

 

 

Then she entered the cab and gave me a smile through the window. She waved at me before the driver takes off.

 

 

I didn’t go back inside the house until the cab was out of my sight. There was this empty feeling inside my chest when I was watching the cab driving farther and farther away from me. I am sad that the girl named “Tiffany” left, but a part of me was content because I finally know her name. I smile as I remembered her name. 

 

 

Her name was Tiffany.

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Is been a while~ Sorry for the late update! >< 

I just write whenever I feel like writing ): So this chapter took me forever... ; - ;

I am too lazy to think of a title for this chapter... so the old boring chapter name would do P:

Thank you for all the comments and subscribes and upvotes (:

Please leave me your thoughts and tell me what you think of this chapter ^^ I would really appreciate it! 

Thank you for all the supports (: