Chapter 3

Let Me Love You (Hiatus)

 

 

Thump. Thump. Thump.

 

Was all the brunette can feel at the moment. Staring into those dark brown orbs in front of her send shivers down her whole body. Her heart was beating against her chest. She can feel her body heating up under the intense stare of the blonde. Her pale face was soon covered with tints of pink. Oh no, she was blushing.

 

Breaking away from the stare, she hung her head low. Feeling slightly embarrassed and hoping that the person in front of her didn’t notice the pinkness that was presented on her cheeks. felt dry at the moment. She wanted to say something, but it seems like the words were stuck in the middle of . She tried, but the words were just not coming out.

 

Trying to make at least say something, just something would help. The hand that she used to tugged on the blonde’s shirt never left. She was hoping that maybe, maybe if she tugged on it longer, she would say something. Or at least tugged on the shirt so that the blonde can wait for her to say something before going out of the room.

 

Her heart was still racing inside her body. She was worried that the blonde might leave the room. Until she felt the edge of the bed sank a little. She let out the breath that she didn’t know she was holding since the person entered the room. She felt relieved. Relieved that the blonde didn’t try to leave, and decide to stay. With her hand still tugging on the side of the shirt.

 

-

 

Jessica’s POV

 

She was already sitting up by the time I turned around. Her big innocent brown orbs were staring back at me. Her eyes, was filled with sadness and loneliness. What exactly happen to this girl? She looked so innocent, so fragile. Now that I look at her, without the thick layers of makeup, she’s beautiful. Even beautiful is probably not the right word to describe her beauty.

 

After some time, I guess she felt nervous under my stare, so she hung her head low. How cute. I looked on my side; her hand was still tugging tightly on my shirt. Then I turn my gaze back to her. Even with her head hung low, she looks like a lost child. Someone who is so innocent, and helpless. I couldn’t bring myself to walk out of the room. So I decided to sit back down on the bed. From the corner of my eyes, I can see that her shoulder slump down. The grip she had on my shirt loosen a little, but was still grasping it. She is probably scared. Who wouldn’t though? Waking up in a stranger’s house. So I guess maybe is time for me to speak up.

 

“How are you feeling?” I asked in gentle voice. To be honest, I rarely use that voice when I talk to people. It was usually that cold tone. But I don’t know, I just feel she’s different, and I need to treat her with care. Because she’s already so fragile, I don’t want to break her even more than she already is.

 

“F-Fine…” she mumbled.

 

Even though the mumble came quietly, I heard it. Her voice, it was husky and deep. Is just one word, but I find myself wanting to hear more. I wanted her to speak more, to tell me her condition, to tell me everything about her. I just wanted to know more about her.

 

“Hey, don’t need to be afraid. I am not going to hurt you” I chuckled. “Sorry, but your clothes was torn when I saw you. So, I kinda… like… ask one of my maid to change for you. I am sorry if you feel uncomfortable, I didn’t mean to harm you in any way…” Oh, now is my turn to hang my head low because I felt guilty for doing something without her permission. 

 

-

 

Author’s POV

 

The room went silent after the blonde’s confession. Unknowingly, still with her head hung low.  The blonde didn’t notice that the brunette has raised her head up, and is now staring at her with a confused expression. Until a giggle escaped the brunette’s mouth as she tried hard not to laugh out loud.

 

Jessica raised her head up, confused by the brunette’s action. Why is she giggling? Did I do something funny? She looks cute when she laughs.

 

After calming herself down, the brunette found herself looking at the blonde who has an unreadable expression on her face. She finds it cute. This stranger in front of her sure is weird. Apologizing for changing her clothes without her permission, when is not even her the one that changes the clothes for her.

 

“You’re cute” she blurred it out unconsciously. After realizing what she just said, she find herself blushing hard. Oh my god, what is wrong with me. This is so embarrassing.

 

The blonde raised her eyebrows. She start questioning her hearing. Did the brunette just called her cute?

 

“Uhh… what I mean was that… you don’t need to apologize. I don’t mind at all. I need to thank you for saving my life, if is not you, I might have been with my mom by now…” speaking of her mom, the brunette find the corner of her eyes began to water. She looked up, giving the blonde a sad smile before lowering her head once more, trying not to break down in front of a stranger.

 

But she saw it, Jessica saw it. She sensed the sadness behind those bittersweet words. She saw the tears at the corner of the brunette’s beautiful eyes. She feels sorry for the brunette. Her mom must be a big part of her life… She brought her hands up and lifted the brunette’s chin up so that she can see her face. Her heart twist at the sigh of the tears on that beautiful face, the person was crying.

 

Jessica wiped the tears on the brunette’s face with her thumbs. And slowly placed her hands on the side of her cheeks. She placed the brunette’s head in the space between her neck and shoulder. She was embracing her, tightly. Jessica doesn’t know why, but it hurt her heart seeing tears on the stranger’s face. She starts moving her hand up and down on the brunette’s back, hoping that the soothing gesture will calm her down.

 

On the other hand, Tiffany was shocked at the blonde’s sudden embrace. But she finds it comforting. It actually feels safe in the blonde’s embrace. She felt like she can forget all the bad things in life. The stranger’s presence made her calm. It was the same feeling with her mother, she felt protected and cared in those arms that wrapped tightly around her body. Except this time, it was not her mother, but a stranger that she met just barely 10 minutes ago.

 

-

 

They were still hugging each other. It has been almost 30 minutes; they were still in the same position. Except the brunette in the blonde’s arm is already in a deep slumber, while the blonde is wide awake. Jessica was playing with the brunette’s hair as she watches the girl sleeping peacefully in her arms. She must’ve been tired. After another 30 minute or so, Jessica laid the brunette gently on bed, afraid that the girl might awake if she moves too much. She pulled the white blanket over the girl’s body.

 

She should be leaving the room, but no, she decided to sit on the ground and trace her finger over the brunette’s face. Her eyebrows, nose, lips… Is that question again. How can someone be as innocent as she ends up being a e? She just doesn’t understand. If people see the brunette they might have about her because of her occupation. But Jessica finds the brunette pure deep in heart. Even though her occupation said otherwise, but she believed there must be a reason behind all her doing. She can feel that the girl doesn’t want this.

 

From that moment on, she made a promise to herself. Even Jessica doesn’t know why, but she has a strong urge to care for this person that’s sleeping in front of her. She promised to protect the girl in front of her, even though they just met. She will find out why caused the brunette to become this way. Even if the brunette doesn’t want her to. She will care for her, and help her. Then she stands up, and quietly exits the room.

 

-

 

3:00AM

 

She was sitting on the bed, shaking, as tears threatening to fall off at the corner of her eyes any moment. It was raining hard outside. The sound of rain and thunder was echoing through the bedroom. The sound of thunder reminds her of the day of her mother’s death. It was raining, just like this, and her mother was just walking on the sidewalk with an umbrella in hand while carrying the groceries she just bought with the other. Until that drunk driver decided that driving on the sidewalk seems to be much funner than driving on the street.

 

She gripped tightly on the bed sheet below her. As tears flowing down of her cheeks uncontrollably. She is scared. The memories haunted her, every single day. Especially those rainy nights, except then she can wake up whoever that was sleeping next to her and have them embrace her, or rather, have another round of to distract her mind from going back to the accident.

 

Another loud thunder sent her off the edge. She grabbed one of her pillow and ran out of the room. The hallway was dark. Now she remembered, she was at the stranger’s house. But her mind was too mess up to think of anything else besides looking for the blonde. She walked down the hallway, and opened the door to every single room she saw. Until she stopped at the last room at the end of the hallway.

 

She quietly turned the doorknob. The room was dark, but she can still see that there’s a person sleeping under the blanket. Her plan was to sneak under the space beside the blonde and hope that her presence will calm her down. But sadly, her plan didn’t go as well as she had planned as another thunder strike across the sky and made her jump up. 

 

Well, that definitely set her off. She forgot about the blonde that was still sleeping as she made a run for the bed while slamming the door with her foot. She literally jumped on the space next to the blonde and hide under the piece of fabric. Her body was shaking, and she was sobbing under the blanket.

 

-

 

Jessica jumped a little when she felt her bed moved. Now she’s wide awake, wondering who is the person that barge into her room in the middle of the night and decided to jump on her bed. Her mind was still blank, unable to react what was going on at the moment. Is it a burglar?  She was about to reach for her phone on the nightstand, until she heard faint sobbing coming from the other side of the bed.

 

Now her mind is working, there was another person staying inside her house. She retrieved her hand and turned her body around. Looking closely, with the help of the small amount of moonlight shining through the window, she saw a bump. A bump that looks like a figure hiding under the other side of her blanket. She was about to open and speak until she sense something unusual.

 

The person under the blanket was shaking. She was shaking and crying. The blonde was confused, wondering if the brunette had a nightmare or something that caused her to act this way. Until another round of thunder was echoed through the sky. Then she sees the figure under the blanket shakes some more, and the sobbing is getting louder and louder. Oh, she’s afraid of the thunder.

 

Jessica shifted toward the brunette’s back, and sneaks her arms around the brunette’s waist. She was back hugging her tightly. Whispering comfort words like “Is okay,” “I am here,” “Don’t cry” to the girl’s ear. Jessica kept repeating the same gestures until she felt the brunette’s breathing became even, which indicates that she had fallen asleep. The blonde continue hugging her from behind, and humming a sweet melody until she too, also fall into slumber.

 

 

-

 

 

A/N:

Was that a fast update? xD 

I was really excited to write about the thunder part :3 

Thanks to all of you who comment and leave me ideas on what to write for the future chapters (:

Please leave a comment and tell me your thoughts (: 

Thank you for all of your support ~ ^^