Chapter 6

Let Me Love You (Hiatus)

 

 

 

Tiffany's POV

 

 

I can't believe my eyes as she lifted up her shirt. I felt so guilty. I mean... look at the bruise on her stomach. It’s all swollen and purpled. She could have run away, but she didn’t. She stayed, just to save me. Why is she doing all these? She is hurting herself. It should’ve be me that got hit, not her. It was my fault that this happened.

 

 

I start crying and murmuring apologies. I don’t know what else to say. I wish I can take away the pain. I just hope that the medicine can make it less painful.

 

 

“No.” Was all I heard before I felt her hand gripped my wrist. I was still crying when I look up. What? No?

 

 

She was staring straight into my eyes as she spoke those words. For a moment, my brain can’t seem to comprehend with what she was saying. Did she just say she wanted to help me and asked for permission to stay with me?

 

 

I was left speechless as she intertwined her hand with mine. What am I suppose to say? This is too much.

 

 

We stayed in that position for quiet some time. Then I took notice of our hands. They fit perfectly together. As if it was made to hold each other.

 

 

But this is wrong. Why am I feeling this way? My heart is beating frantically again. Just like the time she kissed my wrist. I am not supposed to have feelings for her. The gap between us is too big. Just by the look of her apartment, I can already tell she is rich, someone that has a high position in society. But what am I? I am just a e, who has nothing but loads of debt.

 

 

Is not that I don’t appreciate her help, but what will she get in return? I have nothing to offer her. If I stay, I will just be a burden for her. She have already gotten beat up the second time she see me. I will just make her suffer. Plus, this is just the second time we’ve met. After I step out of this place tonight, we will never see each other again. I am not allowing us to take another step forward in this relationship. This is just going to hurt the both of us.

 

 

-

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

Taking the silence as a yes, Jessica can’t help but grin like an idiot. Until she felt the warmth in her palm disappeared. She then realized that Tiffany has pulled away from her, and is now standing up, with her back facing her.

 

 

“Is getting late, I should leave. Apply those medicines on the bruises twice a day, it will get better soon.” Tiffany said coldly as she began heading out the room.

 

 

The grin on Jessica’s face was replaced by a frown. She thought the brunette has accepted her offer. The blonde quickly reach out for Tiffany’s wrist and pull it back gently.

 

 

“Why? I ask you to stay.”

 

 

“Jessica, I’ve just met you twice including today. Why should I trust you? Now please, I need to head back.”

 

 

Every word was like a slap in Tiffany’s face. Her words were betraying her. She knew she could trust the blonde. Just by the way Jessica has taken care of her, save her from the gang. It was enough to gain her trust. But because they are two people from different world, this would never work out.

 

 

Jessica’s throat felt dry. After hearing Tiffany’s confession, there’s nothing for her to say. The brunette was right, they have just met twice. What makes her think that she have trusted her? They were just strangers afterall…

 

 

Jessica loosens her grip on Tiffany’s wrist, before letting it go. The blonde feel weak. From the brunette’s statement, there is no way she will stay.

 

 

“Will I see you again…?” the blonde whispered.

 

 

Does she want to see Jessica again? Tiffany doesn’t know. Her heart tells her to stay and accept Jessica’s help. But she couldn’t bring herself to. There is nothing she could offer to the blonde. Maybe not seeing Jessica again would be a good idea. Because if she see her again, Tiffany is not sure if she could walk away like last time, like today. She would probably beg Jessica to take her in. But seeing the blonde again after today will just be a mere chance. She would avoid Jessica in every possible way.

 

 

“I don’t know… Goodbye Jessica. Thank you.”

 

 

With that, Tiffany walked away and left Jessica in her room alone. Hearing the click of the front door, indicating the brunette has already left her house. A tear rolled down from the corner of the blonde’s eyes.

 

 

What is this feeling? Sadness? Pain? Hurt? And maybe a little hope..? Hoping that Tiffany will take back all her words and tell her that she will stay. But that is impossible. Jessica doesn’t know. She just know that when she watch Tiffany disappear from her sight, her heart hurts. She can’t describe this feeling. She just know, that it hurts. It hurts to see Tiffany walk away like this. It hurts to see Tiffany walking back to her life, her miserable life. And there is nothing she can do about it.

 

 

The pain in her heart doubled as she realized. She has let Tiffany walk out from her life, for the second time…

 

 

-

 

 

Is been exactly 20 days since that conversation with Tiffany. In other people’s eyes, Jessica might seem normal. Doing the things she usually does. Waking up, go to work, and come back home at night. But that is not what is going on in Jessica’s mind. She tried to work, but her thoughts would always go back to the brunette.

 

 

She can’t take it anymore. Not like this. This is not supposed to be like this. Fine, she admits that she takes a liking toward the girl since the first time she saw her at the park. How can someone be so beautiful yet fragile at the same time? Things just happen. The strong attraction between them two is undeniable. She has already let Tiffany walk out from her life two times. She is not going to let this happen again.

 

 

Jessica quickly reached out for her phone and dialed some numbers. The person on the other line answered after the second beep.

 

 

“Hello.”

 

 

“Hey Yuri, is been a while.”

 

 

“Oh Sica! What a surprise~ how are you?”

 

 

“I am doing fine. Listen, can you help me with something?”

 

 

“Of course my best friend~ anything for you. What is it?”

 

 

“Well, I need you to…”

 

 

-

 

 

A smile formed on the blonde’s face as she read the content inside brown envelope that Yuri had sent her this morning. She would never underestimate Yuri’s working ability. She just made that phone call a day ago, and the woman had already gathered all the information she need. Best friends.

 

 

That night, Jessica told Yoona that she is not coming to the office tomorrow because she has something important to do.

 

 

-

 

 

1 new message

 

 

“Another client…” The brunette murmured before unlocking her phone and read the new message.

 

 

“I will be waiting tomorrow at 9’o clock in the morning at Seoul Hotel room 809. Hope to see you there”

 

 

As much as she hates morning clients, there is no way Tiffany is going to turn down the offer. If it was a month ago, she probably would’ve turn down the offer. But not now, not when her monthly payment had increased 50%. She needs to get every penny she can get.

 

 

She went to sleep that night, not knowing what is waiting for her tomorrow.

 

 

-

 

 

Fancy… was the only thing that came to her mind when Tiffany steps out of the cab. She was standing in front of this huge building that is at least 80 stories high.

 

 

Normally her clients would call her up to cheap motels and have the business done there. This is one of the odd ones, where the clients are rich enough to get a good hotel room. Except those rich clients are all monsters. They would keep her in for the whole day, and torture her. It sent shivers down Tiffany’s body by just thinking about it. It was a nightmare.

 

 

Tiffany walked in the building with a heavy heart. The receptionist greets her with a small bow as she walk pass the counter. Even though her mood was gloomy, she didn’t forget her manners. She gave the receptionist a small smile before getting in the elevator.

 

 

There she is, standing in front of a fancy wooden door that has the number 809 written in the center. This room seems to be isolated from the rest, because when she exited the elevator, she noticed that there are only two rooms on this floor. One is 809, while the other one is 810 which is on the other side of the hallway.

 

 

Tiffany was debating whether she should knock on the door or not. If she knocks, there is a high chance that the person behind the wooden door is some monster that would eat her right on the spot. If she doesn’t knock, she would probably miss the chance of getting a huge amount of money, but at least she would be able to walk on the next day.

 

 

If only the situation allow her to walk back, she would do so, immediately. But life isn’t pretty, and she knew the month is going to end soon, and yet she barely even have half of the payment ready. She just hoped that the person she is going to meet will at least have some mercy on her. But she knew that is impossible. Oh well, here goes nothing…

 

 

She raised her hand and knocked the door. She waited, and waited, but nothing came. The brunette decided to knock it again, and again, there was nothing. Is this some kind of joke?!

 

 

Just when Tiffany was about to turn around and walk away, she heard a click from the doorknob. Just let me see who the hell this is. It was such an early morning, with the near payment and everything, this is totally testing Tiffany’s patient. Her mood was nowhere near happy. The brunette was ready to yell at whoever that was in front of her.

 

 

But those cursed words never make it out of as she caught a glimpse of the person standing in front of her. Tiffany gasped. Okay. Is this really a joke?!

 

 

“Jessica…?”

 

 

-

 

 

A/N:

Is been a while~ xD (just a week...) 

Sorry for not updating frequently ): 

Is near the end of the school year... and you know... exams *yuck* ><

Here's another short update... is nothing much xD (sorry for the cliffhanger) P: 

The next update might take a while xD but please wait patiently! (: It will be a long update, and once summer comes, I will be updating more~

Thank you for reading & commenting & subscribing ^^