Chapter 2- A New School Year

Reunion «SCHOOL 2013»

>>Go Nam Soon<<

Today is the beginning of the new school year and also the final year of high school until my classmates and I go off to college. I promised myself that I would work harder, and I will. During the summer, I gave a lot of thought to what I wanted to do after high school, but couldn't come up with anything. Hopefully this year, I will be inspired and find that one thing. Leaving, I headed out making the journey towards Heung Soo's house. As I drew near, I took out my phone and called him.

"Are you ready yet?" I asked him.

"I'm coming." He replied and soon after I saw him open the gate to his house. I hung up and waiting for him to walk over.

"Are you excited for school?" I asked as we made our way to school.

"Nope."

"No need to sound so excited."

"Yah, don't act like you are too. You know you feel the exact same way."

"Tsh, let's just get this year over with." I said as we waited for the bus. We didn't have to wait long before it arrived. Boarding the bus, I saw the familiar faces of those whom attend Victory High. Among them were my former classmates, Song Ha Kyung and Lee Kang Joo. We walked to to were they were and sat in the seats behind them.

"Go Nam Soon, Park Heung Soo, which class are you in this year?" Kang Joo asked in curiosity as she turned around to face us.

"I'm in class 3-2." Heung Soo replied.

"Same here. Which are you in?" I said.

"I was really hoping to get away from you trouble makers this year. I'm in the same class too, so is Ha Kyung." She said in dismay.

"You don't have to sound so disappointed about it." I said.

"Don't worry, I still like you, unfortunately." She said and turned around and began chatting with Ha Kyung again.

Turning to look out the window I wondered to myself how many people from class 2-2 were going to be in the same class as me. I hoped that many of them would. I enjoyed my time with them last year and would like for this year to be the same. The bus came to a stop in front of Victory High and the students all got off and walked into the very familiar front gates, with a banner reading "Welcome Back," of the school.

>>Song Ha Kyung<<

Hearing that both Go Nam Soon and Park Heung Soo were going to be in my class again was a bit disappointing. I was hoping to get away from them. But as luck would have it, they got stuck in the same class. Just as long as they didn't get into as much trouble as last year, I didn't mind. It was troublesome enough having to back Nam Soon up. I just didn't want to deal with it again. Getting off the bus, Kang Joo and I made our way to class, curious about who would be our classmates this year.

"I really hope that Gil Eun Hye and Nam Kyung Min aren't with us. They are real pains." Kang Joo said.

"I really don't care." I said as we walked into the room. Unfortunately as we walked in, we spied Nam Kyung Min sitting in the front. I gave a little sigh because, to be honest, I didn't want to be in the same class. On the bright side, there were a few students that I liked from class 2-2 that were in class 3-2 with us this year.

"Aish, really? I suppose having one is better than having both." Kang Joo wined.

"Let's go and find our seats and head to the auditorium."

"Okay."

Finding where we wanted to sit, we placed our bags on the seats and headed out the door to make our way to the morning speech given by the principal. As we made our way out, we bumped into Nam Soon and Heung Soo.

"Watch where you're walking would you" I said to Nam Soon.

"Ah, sorry." He replied and slightly bowed his head.

"Hurry if you don't want to be late for the speech." Kang Joo said as we started walking away.

"Sure."

Locating two seats in the auditorium, we sat down and waited as students filed in and sat down. Soon the room was packed and the speech was ready to start. Walking up to the podium from where she was sitting, the principal tapped the microphone to get the students attention.

"Hello everyone. Welcome to a new year of Victory High School. The teachers and I all hope that this year, you will strive to study harder and do better. I sincerely hope that we do not have much problems this year and sail through smoothly. I would like to wish you all the best. Now, let us officially start the first day of school."

 

~~~~

Make sure to leave a comment below! I would love to hear all your beautiful thoughts ^^

Lots of love,
Wooyounglove