Chapter 6- A Helping Hand

Reunion «SCHOOL 2013»

>>Song Ha Kyung<<

Walking to the market, I spotted them gathered up in front of a billiards building. I stood there and watched them for a moment wondering what they were doing. I moved close enough to hear what they were saying but made sure they didn't notice me.

"I borrowed some money to help pay for my house." I heard Oh Jun Ho say.

Great, here they go again. He just couldn't stay out of trouble. Annoyed with them already, I turned and walked back home. Sitting on my bed, I pondered what they were going to do. I didn't catch how much money he owned them and was worried that they guys wouldn't be able to gather enough money. Getting up, I went over to my desk and reached for my money safe and opened it.Sighing, I put the safe back where it was and called Kang Joo.

"Kang Joo, how much money do you have?"

"Um, about $300 saved right now. Maybe more. Why?"

"Could you lend me some money?"

"But you're from a rich family, why don't you just ask your parents?"

"Because they don't need to get into my business."

"Song Ha Kyung, why do you need money?"

Sighing, I answered, "I overheard Oh Jung Ho saying he borrowed some money from people. He probably needs to pay the back."

"Again? Oh Jung Ho just couldn't resist trouble could he? And how much does he owe?"

"I don't know. I didn't hear. I got annoyed and left before I heard him say it."

"It's not your problem so don't worry about it. I'm sure Go Nam Soon and the guys have this under control."

"I know they do, but I'm just helping in case they don't gather enough money. So could you lend me some money?"

"Fine, but you owe me for this."

"Thank you Kang Joo."

"Aish, you know how annoying you can be sometimes?"

"I know, you tell me all the time."

"Don't in involved in their problems after this, okay?"

"Okay."

"I'm hanging up."

"Okay."

[Next Day]

Knocking on Go Nam Soon's door, I waited form him to open up. When he saw it was me at the dorr, I could tell he was surprised to see me.

"Where you expecting someone else?" I asked and stepped past him into his house. "So this is how Go Nam Soon's house looks like." I said as I looked around.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he followed me into the house.

Turning around to face him, I reached into my pocket and grabbed the money and stretched out my hand to him. "Here, take it."

"What?" He said confused.

"Take it, I heard you guys and Oh Jung Ho the other day. I'm helping you guys pay his debt, so take it."

"We don't need it."

"My arm is getting tired, just take it." Sighing, he turned away and sat on the floor. Getting annoyed, lowering my arm I walked over to him and stuck the money in is hand. "I'm trying to help because I care, so take it. It'll make things a lot easier for you guys to get his debt paid. There's $150 there." I got up and went to the door and put on my shoes.

"You know you didn't have to do this." Go Nam Soon said from behind me.

"I know, I just wanted to help even as irritating as he is. Just don't tell them it was from me." Opening the door, I stepped out. Before closing the door, I said, "Make sure you pay me back."

"Of course."