Dreams....

How do I know..?

*********************Few days later ************************

Since it was only revision week, half of the classes were cancelled, plus, it was our coursework deadline today, so everyone was glad but anxious about handing in their coursework. Still I was glad, since it meant that I only had one class for the day, and so I've met up with Jessica eonni at a café, and instantly she began buzzing..."Here" she said, handing me some Beast goodies that she got from the concert, while she began to tell me about each performance.  I asked her about her favourite, and what she thought of each member seeing them live.

 

Jessica's POV

"I was completely surprised. Kahi, seriously, they looked better than they do on our screens. They looked picture perfect -TOO perfect." Kahi laughed...probably thinking how can they look anymore perfect then they already do. I would have thought the same, but since I'd seen them, I was now a believer.

"Who looked the best?"  She asked, great curiosity in her eyes.

"Erm...the western-looking guy. He looked amazing." I couldn't remember his name.

"Dongwoon." She corrected me,

"Yeah, him. seriously WOW" Even now, thinking about him, seriously wowzie.

"Better then your kikwang?"

"...yeah, though kikwang looked very cute. Seriously, they were all so PRETTY." Kahi let out a loud laugh, and shortly after I found myself laughing with her.

"...but you know what though." I continued once we'd calmed down

"What..?"

"Your new crush...Wow, I was really impressed"

She giggled before asking "...what do you mean?"

"He was REALLY friendly towards the fan."

"how so..?"

"Like he was throwing his towels at fans, and there was this fan he wanted to throw it too, but another person caught it, and then, he picked up another towel, and pointed to the fan again, to tell them its for her, and threw it into the crowd again."

"Did she catch it?"

"I presume so...but I didn't actually see. Still, in general he was really friendly, which really took me by surprise"

Kahi was grinning, no not grinning, she was smiling this proud smile which made me laugh. Looks like she really has a thing for this Leader.

"What about Junhyung?" She asked blankly.

"Actually...he was the one that disappointed me the most. He seemed to arrogant and rude. He had his sunglasses on throughout the concert, really pissed me off."

I was surprised to find Kahi laughing, and nodding her head. Looked like she agreed?

"Yeah...recently, even I think he's changed, I don't know, its a good thing I've moved on hey?"

"Yes, defo...Anyways, since we're on topic. Will you PLEASE TELL ME THAT DREAM."

"Will do, just let me order a tea first." She said as she got up and went to the counter.

When she came back, we sat down and talked, a good long talk. She told me about the dream...

"you see why I didn't tell you over the phone.?" She explained to me.

"Yeah...wow, I don't think I've had a dream like that. Haha, now I see why you can move on."

" ^_^ I'm surprised I still remember it to be honest, 'cause you know how forgetful I am."

"Yeah...extremely forgetful, especially when it comes to dreams."

We sat in the cafe a while longer talking and conversing about things. It had been a while since the two of us had met up.

After our drinks, we went out and explored the area a little, and as we reached the river,  I took out my camera I asked Kahi to pose for a couple of shots.

Kahi had been told since long ago that she could make a lovely model, and I've always loved photography so since high school me and Kahi took the idea of me as a photographer and her a model into action for fun.

As I left Kahi to get back home while I headed off to explore further, I felt worried, something was odd - very odd. Kahi's reaction to the whole non-attendance to Beast was very bland, there was no reaction, she seemed utterly fine - which is what scared me. That's not a normal reaction, not from Kahi, no way, she should have been angry, pissed, cursing her parents, but instead, she joked about, laughed, I mean genuinely laughed at the stories I was telling her of what happened at the concert, which she should have been regretful-saddened that she couldn't attend, even when she had a ticket. Something was really worrying me, Kah seemed too strange, too sane that it made the whole situation appear insane. But...what exactly am I supposed to do? I can’t complain because she's doing WELL, I can’t go up to her and be like...Look, if you wanna shout scream or cry, please do and stop being so normal and happy....now can I?

Aish~

 

Kahi's POV

The day with Jessica eonni was great, and weirdly enough I felt completely and utterly fine about not attending the concert, I was genuinely happy that eonni could go, and I couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculous stories she was telling me about the idols and the stupidity of fans and how so many fainted. I mean, seriously?...Fainting??? HAHAHAHAHA

But, at least it’s better than being all upset and feeling crap the whole time.

************** 2 days later **************** 

I woke up around dawn, I don't know why, all I know is that I have this strange feeling, I think it’s probably because of the dream I was having. But still, sometimes, these sort of dreams worry me, I always try reading or understand what my dreams are trying to tell me.

This dream that I just woke up from, it seemed like it was telling me that I should not trust new faces, even if I wanted to, they may not be all that they seem. But I don't remember the faces in my dream, they were all blurred. The strange thing though, that kind of confused me is that although it was in the early evening of a day in winter, and of course it was cold...there was light...some form of white light. As if to say, that what may happen may hurt, but there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Since it was so early she took out her phone and listened to some music - kpop of course. She thought further about the dream. Then after a while she started to think what she was going to wear today for the test today at university. Since the forecasted weather was possible sunshine in the cold winter freeze, she decided on a cute but simple outfit; thick black tights, a mini winter black-and-white jumper-dress, flat black boots, finished with her WARM grey winter coat, and a matching grey woolly hat...she laid her outfit for the day down, and went to have a relaxing bath, just what she needed in the cold winter morning...Before she left, she quickly grabbed her lucky red scarf (her favourite colour)

As I exited the train, and made my way to a cafe, I started to regret listening to the forecasters, it was FREEZING, but I looked cute in this outfit, and my long hair looked shiny and volumised, while my fringe - which I trimmed in the morning - covered my forehead from the cold. I loved my fringe.

"A red-berries tea please." I said to Kim, the sales lady who I'd become acquainted with from early in my university days.

University was an amazing place, I met so many nice people, and the majority of students were friendly and mature, not childish and rude - like high school-ers.

"How've you been Kahi? Not seen you recently?"

"Yeah, been stuck in the library. Coursework and exams...my first one today"

"Oh wow...you prepared?"

"somewhat prepared I guess...How's things here, not too busy today."

"Yeah, like you said, exams time so majority of students are revising in the library."

"True, nowadays it's a nightmare to find a free study area."

"I can imagine, here's your tea love. Enjoy it in this frosty weather."

"Cheers Kim."

"And good luck."

"Thank you, I'll need it." I said, and left smiling.

I headed to one of the small tables in the cafe, one next to a radiator. Much better I thought as I took a sip of my delicious red-berries tea. I checked the time, 10:20. Enough time to drink my teas, read the horoscope and recap final revision notes.

 

************Test Ends*************

 

"Finally its over!!." Me and Jenny exclaimed in unison.

"One down, two more to go." I said to Jen

"Don't remind me. At least we don't have to see that stupid teacher again" I cracked up laughing

"that is very true. Most ridiculous teacher I've ever had... we had to pretty much teach ourselves the whole module" I said angrily.

"I know right!...aigo!" She expressed with full annoyance.

"Lulu and Nina already left, seems like they did okay." I said as I checked my messages.

"Yeah, I'm sure they did, they're good with theory, unlike us two." she laughed.

"Yup. Anyways, what you up to now? I'm going to the library to revise, you coming, or you gotta head home?"

"Nah, I planned on staying to revise for a while too. Glad to have a study mate along."

"Yay!...gosh, not long now and you'll be getting ready for Korea as well!"

"Omg don’t remind me! I'm panicking and excited at the same time."

"I'm sure you are! I would be also."

"Haha, yeah, but maybe not so much, I mean if the two of us had been accepted in the programme like we had planned, I think I would be less worried about going."

"That's true. It would've been so fun if things went how we'd planned, but then again, I think this is a sign that I shouldn't be going anyways. I did say that if I'm accepted I'll go, if not, then its not meant to be."

"That's true, but you love Korea more than anyone I know, and you've even been teaching yourself the language."

"I know, but that might just be because my great-grandmother was korean."

"Perhaps...but still, no one in your family speaks or has any interest in korea since you've all been brought up here."

"Haha...true, but I've always been the odd one from the family." Jen laughed at my statement then added.

"There's nothing wrong with that, its what we love about you, you're unique Kahi, you should be proud of that"

"I am I guess, but thanks eonni" I said as I hugged her. I'm glad to have met her since our first day, Jen was always such a lovely and kind friend I could trust.

"You're welcome, and don’t worry, I'm sure things will work out for you just fine, I'm sure you'll fulfill your dream of going to Korea. Just have faith!" she said, and I could only smile as we took out seats in the library.

An hour or so later, we were exhausted...our brains seemed to no longer want to focus on the work we were doing...so as I changed to another revision topic, Jenny needed to head home, so I said goodbye to her, as I was staying for another hour or so.

I forced myself to study, as much as I wanted to read my book or go on the computers and see what's going on, I needed to study, with my next exam on Thursday.

Time read: 16.18, I could see it was already getting dark outside. I began putting all my things into my bag and then made my way to the train station.

I had a while till the next train came along, so I sat on a bench and took out my novel. The Brightest Star in the Sky, by Marian Keyes. I had started reading it a while ago but because of the exams, I had stopped, still, it wouldn't hurt while I wait, as I read the story, a strange feeling came over me, like deja-vu, but since it wasn't the first time such feelings have engulfed me, I let it pass.

After a couple of minutes, my head was hurting again, so I put my book on my lap and turned to look at the sky, I really should stop listening to the forecasters, they really seem to get it wrong these days. I see no sun! and I'm COLD~...I shouted inside my head...but as I brought my head back down looking straight on, I saw a figure...my eyes were rather blurred because of staring at the sky for a bit too long as well as being sleep deprived...but I could see a figure approaching in my direction...again, that deja-vu feeling rushed over me, but I was still trying to clear my vision...Finally, I was able to see clearly, but wait, how can he or why is he walking in my direction...it’s impossible that he's walking to me, am I hallucinating, because this can’t be...and he can't be...I mean that's just ridiculous. He shouldn't even be here. As I turn back down to see my book resting in my lap..."The Brightest Star in the Sky" I re-read it in my head...could that possibly be...

Wait a minute: I tell myself.

Mental note:

1. Blurred vision [CHECK]

2. Bright Light - The brightest star [CHECK]

So what was left...? I don't get it...my dream was coming true, but what ..or how is that possible....