Opening up - truth

How do I know..?

Kahi's POV

As I shut the door behind me, and dropped my bag gently on the floor I silently entered my bed, trying hard to hold it in and make sense of it all. My confused mind was angry at the idiot and his stupid pretence, whilst my heart was pounding crazily at the thought of him and hurt even more so from guilt, knowing how harsh I was being to Kikwang.

Throughout the week I couldn’t stop worrying about whether I had made the right decision to distance myself like this, I continuously thought that perhaps there might have been an easier and less upsetting way to sort this situation out, but I couldn't bring my stubborn self to turn back now, I had already made my decision and began acting upon it. Though I wish I could just call them when I wanted to, rather then keep stopping midway.

I kept these thoughts and feelings hidden though, I worried that Jen would notice and worry about me, and I really didn't want her to, plus I felt bad to talk to her about it - about them; since she was still friends with them, though she saw them less often now that I wasn't in contact with them anymore, so it was the occasional run-in to one another for them, rather than arranging to meet up.

"Kah."

"Mm...what's up?" I said taking a sip of my tea.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, wae?"

"Aren't you worried?"

"About what?" I asked blankly

"About today...and seeing them?"

"Huh...oh that, no, not really. Why would I be?"

"Just...I thought you would, considering the situation"

"Situation?...it’s no big deal hun. People come and go, you know I’m not easily effected by people who I've known onl a short time "

"It’s because I know you that I'm worried"

"Eonni, I'm seriously fine. So please stop worrying"

"Kah, you don't need to pretend in front of me, remember what we promised each other when we came here..." she probably saw my confused expression so she filled in the blanks for me "...that we have to be honest to one another, since we only have each other to rely on now"

"Ah...Ara. That's why I mean it when I say stop worrying about this. I'm not lying..." Jen looked at me with worried eyes, but before she could say anything further I lifted my bag onto my shoulder and added "Eonni, look stop worrying, I'm honestly fine. Anyways, I need to get going"

After a hesitant thought she replied, "Araseo...what about breakfast?"

"I'm not that hungry, I'll catch up with you later...Jalga" I said leaving her at the cafe.

I could feel the adrenaline and worry enter my body as I approached closer to the classroom and my steps gradually slowing down. I was feeling quite the opposite of what I had just told Jen I was feeling. Of course I was worried - petrified even, but I couldn't let others see that, and I was more worried about this evenings football.

Since Dujun kept his distance from me it was easier to keep my distance with him, it was Kikwang that worried me most, because I knew he couldn’t hide his hurt even if he wanted to. He always wore his heart on his sleeves so he was easy to read and likewise easy to get hurt. I just wish I could make things better, but then again I couldn’t go back because I know how much Dujun would hate it.

I entered the class to find Dujun already seated, normally I would have smiled and waved to him or what not…but the sight of him turned my stomach, I just wanted to shout at him – after all he was the one to blame right? This was after all his failed secret plan, and if it weren’t for him, all this heartache would've been unecessary! So forgive me if I'm pissed of at him!

Luckily though, he had his head down listening to music when I walked in so I didn’t have to greet him nor he me.

 

***

The day had so far been quiet, Dujun nor I spoke or even bothered acknowledging each-others presence for the entire day, which was good. I’m glad Dujun was in the same mental-wave as me at the moment.

I had footy in a short while and I continued to question things…fretting over what could or might happen, feeling the anxiety kick in.

 

Dujun POV

I looked over at Kikwang and his restless self, repeatedly looking in the direction of the door.

What am I to do with you Kwang-ah? I thought feeling guilty and angry at the situation we had created – though technically it wasn’t any of Kikwangs fault, but more so hers – why did she have to come to Korea in the first place? And of all places, why this university~!

It was time to start and she was still absent…and Kikwang kept his silence throughout football.
Nice job Kahi! You just had to not show up didn’t you? – real clever ain’t ya!    The thought of her just continued to irritate me, how clueless and selfish could she be exactly!?

“Hyung…do you think she’s alright?” Finally speaking since we had left the campus, Kikwang asks as we make our way to the lifts.

“Of course…probably just had work to do – we got given quite a lot of work to do today, so shes probably getting a head start on that.” I lie

“Oh keurae...”

“Don’t worry about her anymore ok?”

“Mm” he replies as we enter the lift to our dorm

“Don’t just say ‘mm’ to me…I’m serious Kikwang, you need to snap out of this trance, you hardly know her, so stop being so concerned about her”

“But hyung…I can’t!”

“You can…you’ve just told yourself you can’t. You need to start being strong now Kwang-ah, or you’re always going to get hurt.”

“But hyung, I really can’t! that’s the problem – you don’t think I’ve tried?”

“No, I don’t think you properly have.”

“Just because I’m not like you who can easily forget a person, doesn’t mean I haven’t tried ok!”

“Hold up, who said I found it easy? I never found forgetting a person easy ok, I just do it because I have to.”

“Stop lying hyung…I’ve seen you continuously forget people and not give a second thought about them.”

“Those people are one’s we haven’t gotten close to, why should I get upset about them leaving when we don’t even know them.”

“But it’s like that with most people for you – it’s like that with kahi isn’t it? You’ve already forgotten about her despite being friends and having grown close to her”

“Grown close? – I don’t think me and her were ever close, it was you she normally turned to and joked with.”

“ANIYO…she did the same with you! She was always friendly with you, and if anything it was you who turned away from her, and she still was nice and kind to us both! You can’t say you never had fun when we were with her? You know it too hyung, she was constantly making BOTH of us laugh, even if you don’t remember because you’ve forgotten her doesn’t mean I have! Because I haven’t and I will never forget it, nor forget her!” He exclaimed as he rushed to his room slaming the door behind

“What’s going on?” Junhyung asked coming from the kitchen

“Nothing”

“That’s not nothing.”

“Kikwangs just being emotional again.”

“What about…who’s this girl he’s talking about?”

“Just another one of his crushes”

“Oh –“

“She’s not just another crush – she was …IS my friend – whether you like it or not hyung”

“Yah!…Kikwang”

“Just leave me alone hyung…you stick to your unemotional self and I'll stick to being how I am” He said as he took a drink from the fridge and took a seat on the sofa.

“What is with you two?” Manager hyung asks as he enters the house with all the other members alongside him

“Nothing…forget it.”

“Its clearly something…come on, spit it out. I’m not having you arguing when we have an important period ahead of us.”

“Its nothing hyung, we’ll sort it out ourselves.”

“Ani…I don’t have time to wait for you two to sort it out, I need you to sort it out now…” neither spoke. “MARHAE!” he shouted. Again, they both kept quiet. So Junhyung jumped in instead.

“I think it’s to do with a girl hyung…”

“What girl?” manager asked---- “Girl…who?” Dongwoon added----- “Are one of you dating someone?” Chimned in curious Yoseob

“No…no-one’s dating anyone” clarified Dujun

“Then spit it out already…what nonsense is all this about?”

“Just...” kikwang began “…a friend.”

“Just a friend…Then why are you arguing about her?”

“Just a misunderstand hyung – isn’t that right kikwang?” Dujun replied.

“Ne…there’s no need to worry about it hyung.” Kikwang said, in hope to calm down their manager.

“I know you’re lying right now, but fine, as long as you sort this out by tonight, you can lie to me all you want. Just Sort it out!” He said and headed towards the door. …and don’t forget, rehearsals tonight. Araseo”

“Ne~” everyone replied, and he was gone.