Chingus..?

How do I know..?

I hadn't seen nor spoken to her since Wednesday, and it was Friday today, we had football training and I was somewhat anticipating meeting her again.... though looking to my left, Kikwang seemed more eager than ever for football.

"Yah, Kikwang, ijen keumanhae."

"Beo..?" He said innocently.

"You know what."

"What?...what am I doing that I should stop hyung?"

"You should calm down your hyperness... since I already know the reason for your excitement"

"...what do you mean? what reason??" he spoke while avoiding my eyes.

"..Kahi-ssi~" I said, while meeting his eyes.

"Aniya. I’m just~..."

"..Just what....excited to see her?" I said humoured. He looked taken back for a moment, then straightened himself up again.

".....and so what if I am? It’s not like you're not!" Aigo, this child

" And how exactly am I?"

"You also took extra care towards your appearance today hyung."

"I always do."

"Yes, but not to this extent." He said whilst grinning  and looking at me with a glimmer in his eyes.

"Yah! This is normal, no difference from my usual self...and anyways, at least I'm not the one who sprayed so much body spray that I can smell you from a mile away."

"YAH HYUNG!!"

"Beo?.. Did I say something wrong?" I couldn’t help but laugh, this dongsaeng's reaction when it came to girls was way too cute, all angry and blushing..."Keurae, araso. I'll stop now."

"Good."

"Keunde..."

"Beo!?" He turned to face me, looking angry and ready to bite.

"Do you seriously like her?"

"...Ne!?..." Haha I got you now ! I thought as I saw his face turn red and ready to blabber an excuse.

"Well...? there's no point in lying to me, unless you want me to make things worse for you."

"Hyung!!!..You better not." I figured his shield was down now.

"Wae? What did I say wrong?"

"Keurae, maja, I like Kahi-ssi....so what!?"

"Nothing...I just wanted to make sure that’s all." I said, half humoured...."Hajima, Kwang-ah,"

"Uh.." He said. Back to his calm self.

"You know what you can’t do right?"

"Ara...arayo! No need to remind me!" Haha, here's his temper again.

"Good." I said as we entered the sports hall.

Everyone seemed back to their normal selves -(the them before Kahi had come)- but the hall smelt funny....It seems that many of the members had done the same as kikwang, and sprayed that extra bit more today.

Shortly after the rest of the members arrived, we gathered around to the instructions of the coach.

"Alright then guys. I'm pretty sure you've all come excited, and looking your best today... " He paused, looking around at the shy and some not-so-shy students, I kind of felt glad I hadn’t done anything extra today, well - nothing as obvious as this lot ~  "...but."  The coach said, hardly anyone paying attention to him, the eyes were on the sports hall entrance, waiting for her arrival.  "...Miss Kahi will not be coming today."

Everyone's head span around sharply, their full attention now on the coach.

"Waeyo?" "Ne!! Wae-waeyo coach?" There was a slight murmur of questions and discussions, when the murmur came to a halt, everyone’s attention went to SeungTae. 'BEO?' he mouthed at the guys staring at him. 

"Is she alright?" Came the voice of Woohyun, as he turned to ask the coach.

"Ne...she's fine. Please, guys...Guys" he called to us again, our attention still elsewhere  "... leave SeungTae alone. It’s not his fault she’s not here, nor anyone else’s for that matter."

"Ne?" Everyone turned..."Coach, what do you mean?" asked Woohyun.

"She came to me and told me that she couldn’t make it this week"

"and why not?"

"Because of her studies."

"Ne!?" Everyone looked confused

"But...good news...she should be back by next Tuesday so don’t worry, and don’t start blaming anyone."

"Oh..." and we all went silent.

As we got on with the training, many seemed to have believed the words of the coach and I guess they were right too. I guess it was true, that she was stuck because of her studies, I remember carrying all those books of hers. However, the other matter had been kept silent; did she keep it hidden from the coach also? I presume she did.

****

"Hyung do you reckon if we went to the library we might be able to see Kahi-ssi?" Kwang asked me while we were still in the changing rooms with everyone else.

"molla... " I said, then noticed a few of the guys becoming interested in the conversation, "...but even if we were to find her there, wouldn't it make things hard for her, since she's meant to be studying." I added.

"oh yeah...you're right hyung."

"What if we just go and have a look if she's there...and if she is, we'll just look, and won't disturb her" said Shinwoo..the weird guy from the team.

"yeah.." came the agreement from 2 other side players.

"yeah hyung...let’s do that too." Kikwang said to me. I swear, if kikwang didn't have his good looks then he would totally fit with those weird guys.

"Why? We can just see her next time. What's the hurry?" Although those words came from my mouth, I realised that I too was curious to how Kahi was doing. Was her reason for not coming in really because she has a lot of studying to do? Had her arm gotten better? Had she been taking her medicine?

"But that's till next week!...hyung let's just go with them, huh? Please." He ended it with his cutest aegyo.

"Ok. Fine" I agreed,

"Assa!!" He said, all excited and jumping around the now empty changing room.

****on the way to the library ***

"What you gonna do if she's not in the library?"

"Well, I'm betting that she's there, but if she's not....erm...I'll think of it once we’ve checked the library." He replied cheekily at the end. "Keunde hyung.."

"uh..?"

"If...and I'm only saying...IF...Kahi-ssi liked me back, and I really like her...would it be possible to...you know...?"

"kwang-ah, you know it’s not up to me."

"Hajima hyung, you would still help me right?"

"Of course I'll help you persuade the director, but I can't promise you that he'll listen to me."

"I know that...but I mean if the director disagrees, would you still...you know...help me?"

"ne?"

"look hyung, if I end up really liking her, and she feels the same way, even with the director against it, I can't ignore the feelings, so what I'm asking you is whether I can depend on you to help me to keep it a secret or not."

"Kwang-ah, you know you've got my support 100%. But you also have to know that, there might be times where I need to act as a leader rather than a friend."

"Ara, I won't let you down hyung! ^^"

"I'll remember those words...ok, now time to find your love. "

"yah hyung!" He said covering my mouth with his hand. "I know you're finding it amusing, but don't be letting the whole world know. Jeez!"

"Araso Araso.."

"oh and she's not my love....it’s only a crush! Ok!?"

"Okey dokey..just a crush...but I don't see her anywhere"

"nado.. maybe she's not here." We spent the next 15mins searching the entire library..

"kwang-ah, I think it’s safe to say she's not here."

"I guess not.."

"Then...should we get going?"

"Okay."

On the way to the car, I noticed kikwang looked kind of upset...did he really wanna see Kahi that bad!?

"yah...kikwang watch it.." I said pulling him back, just in time before he bumped into the lamp post.

"oh. Haha, thanks for that" he said, scratching the back of his neck.

"You seriously gonna keep this up?"

"Beo?.." he said, totally puzzled as to what I was talking about.

"Do you really wanna see her that badly?" I asked as we got into my car.

"Huh?..." I gave him a look.  "...uh, I would've liked to. I've kind of forgotten her face, and I just wanted to...remind myself...you know.."

"Aish jeongmal!!" I said, and turned off the car. "wait here." I told him as I got out the car, shutting the door behind me.
 

Kikwang's POV

After hyung shut the car door...I watched as he paced back and forth, while he stared at his phone, now he stopped, and leaned against the car, making a phone call...but, who exactly was he calling? And why did he step outside the car to make the call...he's never done that before...maybe he's just angry with me, my attitude hasn't been all that great.

But...seriously who could be on the other side of the phone..

I watched as he's grumpy face was beginning to look kind of anxious as he waited for the receiver to answer his call. Suddenly, he has this gentle expression on his face, and now, is hyung smiling?...wait, did he just LAUGH!?!? ..This is rather strange. Who could he be talking to that could change his mood 180 degrees?

He just hung up, and is opening the car door now.

"come on...out you get"

"Huh...w-w-wae?"

"just get out and follow me." He told me, in an annoyed voice, very different to how he looked when he was on the phone, still. I got out and began following him.

"keunde hyung...who were you talking on the phone to?"

"No one."

"but - " I stopped when I saw his expression. Let's keep quiet kikwang, no more upsetting hyung for today. We were walking back towards the university... why are we entering a cafe?...I was just about to ask hyung, but I decided to hold it back

"Do you want a drink?" He asked me absentmindedly

"...Erm, a latté would be nice"

"Okay, can I get one latté, two coffees, and 3 chocolate muffins please." Hyung ordered...but why 3 of each?

We waited there, and I provided the few fans who were in the cafe with the usual fan service... but hyung seemed to be in thought. They called out our order and hyung went to collect it, "kamsahabnida" he said politely to the sales assistant.

As I followed behind hyung, my curiosity was killing me "hyung, where are we going?"

"Somewhere you'll like...and don't ask me again just keep your head low so no-one sees us."

After that I kept quiet...I wonder what place he was referring to...

Oh, this place...why does this building look familiar? I don't recall myself ever being in this building before. Where is hyung taking me?

We took the lift to the 4th floor...I wonder how hyung knows this place.

*Ding. Fourth Floor* The lift announced

Huh...wait a minute...aren't these the student dorms!? ....ahh now it makes sense why we bought 3 drinks and 3muffins...

Ah, I see. So we're visiting someone...but, who? We reached a door and hyung knocked on it...who did Dujun-hyung know that lived here?...I waited to see who was the person we were visiting, and watched as the door opened began to open...and as the figure behind the door was revealed, I was surprised, but more than that...I was confused!

"oh, you made it" she said as she saw Dujun hyung, who smiled back at her.

"...annyeonghaseyo" she said as she turned and smiled to me. I knew there was a reason why I liked her...that smile is just so lovely.

"Good to see you again kahi-ssi." I said.

"You too...please come on in." She said, and in we went

 

***

Kahi's POV

I'd received Jun's call less than 15minutes ago...I had almost missed his call, since I had my headphones on, and once I saw the caller-ID I was hesitant for a moment to answer or not. But I was curious to why he was calling....and I was even more curious as to what he's voice sounded over the phone.

After I answered, he told me his reason for calling. He began by asking me if I was at my dorm, and once I'd told him that I was, he had asked if would be ok if he and Ki-ssi came over because Ki was worried about me since I didn’t show up at football today and so to put Ki's worries at ease, would it be ok if they dropped by? ...Before answering him, I'd made a comment on how Ki sounds like a little baby, which agreed to and then laughed - I wasn’t sure whether it was because he found it funny, or because I might have said something wrong in korean...still I let it pass, and told him that it was ok for them to come by, saying that I was due for a break.

And here they were, at my door, and need I say how handsome he looked...and my earlier comment about Ki suits him perfectly, he looks as cute as a baby. As they entered, I looked around double checking that the place looked okay.

After the phone call, I had quickly finished the sentence I was on, then got on to sorting the place out a bit. Since the day Jun had been round, I hadn’t really left the dormitory, even missed out today’s classes so I can finish the work on time...so my place was in a little bit of a frenzy before they had come. It was looking pretty clean now, though my bed was still loitered with the notes, books and my laptop as they were previously...I needed to organise them in order if I wanted to put them in my desk, and that might take time, so I had left them there.

"Excuse the mess" I said, as they approached that area.

"It’s alright...compared to our place-" Ki began but Jun cut him off with one look then added.

"Sorry to have disrupted you while you were working."

"That’s alright. I needed the break." They looked kind of awkward and out of place standing there in the middle of my room.

Ki took a seat at the desk, while I went to take the chair from the kitchenette for Jun to sit. "here you go" I said, as I brought the chair over to Jun who seemed a little distracted. "...would you guys like something to drink?"

"Oh, that's alright. I've bought us drinks..." Jun said, just as I was going to head to the kitchen again. But hearing this, I turned back to him "...Coffee ok?" He asked, while holding up the cafe bag with his left hand. Then I noticed the other bag in his left. Having seemed to have noticed me eyeing the other bag, he raised that hand and added "...and chocolate muffins?" He said now with a smile.

"Perfect. Thank you" I said, as I took the bags from Jun and placed them in the kitchen counter, and began taking the muffins and the coffee out.

"Is this what you've been working on, kahi-ssi?" Ki asked.

"Ne."

"Wow, there's so many books...is what you're doing interesting?"

"It can be, but right now, were we have to do so much reading and referencing, it’s rather dull. You could say that I'm not a fan of theory." I said, and came round to each of them. "Here you go" I said as I handed them each their muffin, which were now on a plate, with a napkin on the side.

"Thank you" Jun said politely. I only smiled.

"Thanks... Can I have a look at your work" Ki said, I noticed Jun give him a 'don’t be nosy' look, which almost made me laugh, but I held it in.

"Sure, go ahead. Though I’m not sure you'll understand any of it." I said and went to get the coffees

"You never know...anyways, what's this work about?"

"Some financial analysis on the performance of a company..." I looked over to Ki, who seemed to be frozen "Like I said, you probably wouldn’t understand it." I said half laughing. "...by the way, these are all coffees right?" I asked Jun. Who seemed a little taken aback by something I’d just said – not sure what though.

"One should be a latte..." He said, and came over to where I was. "..Sorry...don't worry. I'll do it" He said, and began taking the lid off to find the latte since they hadn’t marked it on the cup.  In the meantime, I went over to Ki, and sat on the bed, while he tried to understand what I had done. 

"Coffee for you.." Jun said, surprising me, but I accepted the coffee in his hand.

"Thank you." I said,

"..and latte for you." He said, as he handed Ki his drink

"thanks hyung..." Ki said as he took it. "...jeez Kahi-ssi, you were right, I have no clue what you've written."

"Maybe that’s because it’s in English." I said and let out a little laugh...Jun also joined in with me

"English was never my strong point." Ki said almost defending himself..."Hyung, why don’t you try having a look at it."

"Ne...why?" Jun asked kind of startled

"Just...we'll let Kahi-ssi test your English skills."

"Oh...Jun-ssi, you speak English?" I said in a slight impressed surprise.

"An-aniyo."

"Yes he does" Chimed in Ki

"..only a bit" Jun said, trying to defend himself.

"See...Kahi-ssi, test him." Exclaimed Ki

"Why do you want me to test him so much?"

"Just...please!!" he asked with aegyo.

"That’s up to Jun-ssi, whether he will accept the challenge?" I said turning to him...He seemed surprised and partially unwilling, but it seemed like his brain kicked in, and he agreed.

"Ok...fine, lets do it."

"Very well..." I said slightly excited...Ki on the other hand began clapping and showing great enthusiasm. "...I'll start by typing a short paragraph and you can then try to translate it...ok?"

"Alright" So I began typing...

The sentence read..

The university I go to is called Hanyang, and it is based in the capital city of South Korea, Seoul. Today's weather is cold, and I'm looking forwards to the spring.

"Ok...try to translate it." I said, and turned the laptop to face him more...he read it and began to translate it as such;

"The university I go is Hanyang, it is in Seoul, in South Korea....Today its cold and I look ahead to spring?" he finished it off slightly hesitant.

"Well..?" Asked Ki...I let out a light smile.

"Pretty much right...I'll give it an A-."I said and laughed once I saw the different reaction from the two guys. Jun seemed rather pleased, while Ki seemed gobsmacked at his hyung's achievement.

"Kahi-ssi, another...make it harder this time"

"Ok.."

"Today  I'm hanging at Kahi's place, Ki is with me, and we're chilling out. it seems like the two of them have ganged up on me, but I don’t mind, since I can still win against them...yah, how many more tests do you expect me to do Ki?"

This should be a rather interesting outcome I reckon...let’s wait and see...Ok

"Today I'm at Kahi's place, Ki is also here and we're cooling out...it seems like the two are gangsters against me...but I don’t mind, since I can still win...yah, Ki, how many more tests do you expect me to do?"

As he finished the last sentence, Ki seemed alarmed...

"Hyung, it’s only a game." He said in return.

"Ne..?" Jun asked in confusion...at which point I let out a slight giggle and they both then turned to me,

"Ki-ssi, he was only translating what I wrote."

"Ne...? Oh…oh~" He seemed to have grasped it, and Jun also, and they both laughed.

"You're funny, kahi-ssi." said Ki

"Thank you." I said and smiled. "Should we stop this game now?"

"I'm in agreement." added Jun hastly

"Ok," said Ki, and we just sat back and chilled out, the atmosphere seemed to have become softer and more comfortable in comparison to before...they both seemed more at ease, and so was I...after a moment. Ki suddenly changed topic as he turned to me and asked "...Kahi-ssi, how old are you?"

"21, waeyo?"

"Jeongmal...then, when's your birthday?"

"March the 8th."

"Wah..." he exclaimed, eyes wide open and glistening. "...why, what is it?"

"That’s soooo cool, we're like the same age!"

"Really?...When's your birthday?"

"30th March....so we're only 22days apart, isn’t that cool?" He asked excitedly.

"Wow, that really is!" I said, just as surprised.

"Then...how about we call each other by name only?"

"What do you mean?"

"As in no formalities...So, I call you Kahi and you can call me Ki...or kikwang if you prefer." He said, and we both laughed.

"Ok, I don’t mind. It’s easier for me too, since I'm not really used to calling people with a '-ssi' at the end."

"Ok!! Let’s be good friends Kahi." he said and stretched out his hand...of course I accepted it and shook it.

"Keurae, lets." As we retracted our hands, I began thinking "keundae...aren't you meant to call me Nuna? Since I'm older" I said slightly confused.

"Ne..?" Ki said, totally surprised...and in then I suddenlyI heard Jun laughing.

"Did I say something wrong?" I said, even more confused...Jun was still laughing.

"Hyung, stop it already!" Ki said slightly annoyed.

"What did I say?" I asked, slightly perplexed...at which point Jun calmed himself down.

"Nothing...Kahi-ssi, what you said is right."

"Then why are you laughing?"

"Because of my dongsaeng...don’t worry, just take it as a private joke."

"Ne?...ok then~"

"Ki, why don’t you answer her question?" Jun said, trying to hold his laughter.

"I will.." He said and turned angrily away. "..Kahi-ssi, you are right, but because we're not really that far apart with age, people tend to call each other by their first name, since they are seen as friends in the same year."

"Ah ...I see" I said, "...then that’s ok with me, call me whatever you like." And to this Ki began smiling like a child who’d just received candy, he was too adorable.

We stayed there talking for a while, and it felt really nice to hang with these guys, they seemed really kind and fun people with great dreams. We were just talking when Ki noticed what I’d hoped no-one would.

“Kahi-nuna…”

“Uh..?” I said, surprised at his sudden stern face.

“What’s wrong with your hand?”

“Ne?”

“Your hand...” he bent forwards and took my right hand in his, I felt slight pain move up my arm as he straightened it. “…what’s wrong nuna?”

“nothing...don’t worry.” I said and pulled my hand back.

“Is this really why you didn’t come to football today?” He asked, his face now full of worry.

“Aniya…just needed to work on this work.”

“Nuna – you don’t have to lie to us. We’re friends right?”

“Right…”

“keureom, tell us honestly... Does it hurt a lot?”

“Aniya…” I saw them wait for me to say more and I did feel bad lying to them “…ok, maybe a little, but it’s nothing major, don’t worry.”

“How bad is it injured?”

“Not too bad, geog-jeong-haji-maseyo. It’ll be fine in a day or two.”

“Are you hurt anywhere else?” Jun asked,

“Ne-?” I was surprised.

“Besides your hand…are you hurt anywhere else?” I thought about it for a little, should I really tell them, I mean I didn’t really know them that well, but then again something was telling me that I could be honest with these guys.

“A-a-niyo” I could tell they didn’t really believe my words; probably becase I avoided their worried eyes. “Ok…maybe a little elsewhere, but nothing serious”

“Kahi-ssi, did you tell the nurse that day?” Jun asked again,

“Uh…" He was looking at me in a serious expression -  so was Kikwang - as they waited for me to continue "...kind of.” I added

“Kind of?” Jun asked

“Ne. Look, it’s nothing serious ok. Can we talk about something else.”

“Keunde nuna – maybe you’re hurting right now and pretending you’re fine in front of us.”

“I’m not pretending, look I’m seriously ok. Can we please let’s just forget this ok?”

“But Nuna-“ Ki began to say but Jun cut him off.

“Keurae - if that's how you feel, we wont ask anymore."

"Komaweoyo." I said, relieved.

"But, if there is anything you need help with, let me-- us know ok?" Ki nodded enthusiastically in agreement with his hyung.

"Araseo."

"Yagsog?" Ki added, and held his hand out.

"Yagsoghae~" I said completing the pinky promise.

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you're enjoying the story!

Anyone guess what'll happen next...?

Thank you for reading! Really appreciate it! Jeongmalyo ^_^