Money

The girl named Sungjong

Sungjong sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror of the bathroom. She had washed the ramyeon soup off her face and hair. She walked out of the bathroom, wiping her chin with the sleeve of her sweater and found Myungsoo lying on the futon that was laid onto the floor, with his headphone on. He was looking at his ipod as he hummed along with the song he was listening to.

 

She sat down on the floor, scratching her head when Myungsoo gazed at her and lowered his headphone.

 

“Where’s my money?” He asked.

 

“I told you I don’t have any money!” She snapped.

 

He sat up, taking off his headphone in an annoyed manner. “Yaa, don’t you have any job? Or source of money?”

 

She frowned. “W-well… no.”

 

“Then go get a job and pay me back, moron.”

 

“You—”

 

His phone suddenly started ringing and he quickly took it out of his pocket. “Eo?” he answered and paused. A crease appeared on his forehead as he listened to the other person on the line. “What? Are you sure?” He glanced at Sungjong, who was staring at him and then looked away, rubbing the nape of his neck. “Eo, I’ll be there.” He suddenly got up and grabbed her arm, pulling her up with him. “I’m on my way now.” He said and hung up as let go of her arm. He didn’t say anything to her as he fetched his guitar and placed it into its case. “Yaa,” he suddenly said. “You better get out of my room now and look for money to pay for what you ate.”

 

She thought for a moment. Should she really look for a job?

 

Myungsoo slung the case of the guitar over his shoulders and looked at her expectantly. “What are you waiting for? Get out. Now.” Gesturing towards the door, he raised his eyebrows expectantly which somehow made her feel irritated.

 

She took her jacket that was lying on the floor and then walked towards the door, frowning. She could just feel his eyes boring into her back as she stepped out of the room while putting on her jacket. Myungsoo then followed her out of the room and locked the door. He didn’t say anything and just walked away, holding on the strap of his guitar case with one hand. She sighed and walked behind him as he descended down the staircase. At the bottom of the stairs, he suddenly stopped which resulted in her bumping into him. Her face hit his guitar case and she groaned as she rubbed her hurting nose. Myungsoo turned to her, ignoring the fact that he had hurt her nose by stopping, and narrowed his eyes at her.

 

“Stop following me.” He said coldly which made Sungjong gawk at him

 

“I wasn’t following you!” It was true. They just happened to be heading to the same path.

 

He didn’t reply and just walked away. Sungjong made a face at him and he suddenly turned to glare at her. She acted like she didn’t do anything and pretended to be interested at the sky. Waiting for him to resume walking, she followed right behind him, heading in the same direction he was.