Nice

The girl named Sungjong

The guy named Sunggyu turned and slipped his phone into the pocket of his sweater. “Myungsoo-ya, you heard my mom. She said that he would just be staying here a few days, so try to get along, okay?” Sunggyu turned to Sungjong with a smile despite the loud groan that Myungsoo made. “So… you’re now 369, 369, 369~”

 

“Hyung, stop being so lame.” Myungsoo sighed, shaking his head.

 

Sunggyu rolled his eyes and patted Sungjong’s shoulder. “Don’t worry about sharing a room with this guy. He may be cold, but he can be nice sometimes.” He whispered and glanced at Myungsoo who was placing his camera onto the shelf. “You know, my mom doesn’t know about Myungsoo renting this room, that’s why she offered for you to stay here for a few days. Myungsoo doesn’t know about this too, so keep it as a secret okay?” He reached out to touch her hair and took a strand of ramyeon from her hair. “What happened between you guys anyway…?”

 

Sungjong was about to say something but Sunggyu ruffled her hair and quickly ran to the door. Myungsoo followed him.

 

“Yaa, hyung! Take this guy with you!” He shouted.

 

Sunggyu put on his shoes while standing as he opened the door. “He’s in your care now.” He snickered. “And don’t forget to pay your rent. No more excuses!” He stepped out of the room and shivered as he rubbed his arms. “You guys better turn your heater up, it’s so cold nowadays! And one more thing, Myungsoo-ya, don’t you dare kick him out! Or I’ll get killed by my mom!” He made a serious face and then smiled at Sungjong. “Don’t worry, he’ll be the one to be kicked out if he kicked you out.” And with that, Sunggyu ran away. “I mean it Myungsoo-ya! 369, 369, 369~!” They heard him shouting as he disappeared out of sight.

 

“Aish…” Myungsoo sighed as he closed the door. He turned to Sungjong who stiffened at his cold stare. “You better start cleaning up the mess you’ve made.” He rolled his eyes as he walked to the table and took a cup ramyeon which Sungjong had made earlier as he sat on the floor. He started eating, surfing the channels on the TV, and leaving her standing awkwardly in the room.

 

Sungjong didn’t have any choice except to clean up the mess on the floor that night, keeping silent while the guy named Myungsoo just watched the TV quietly, eating the cup ramyeon that she had made for herself. He went about in the room, doing his own things and completely ignored her, like she didn’t even exist. She thought that he was too mean to her.  Once she had finished cleaning the mess, she sat at the table with him and he finally acknowledged her presence as he turned to her.

 

He held out his hand over the table.

 

Sungjong stared at it for a moment. Maybe he wants to apologize after all that had happened, she thought. She didn’t think that it would be bad for them to be friends. She remembered what the guy named Sunggyu told her, that Myungsoo could be nice too, even though he seemed cold and unfriendly.

 

She was about to reach for his hand for a handshake, with hopes of being in a good term with him, when he suddenly said, “Now pay for the food you ate.”