Landlord

The girl named Sungjong

“Why are you eating my food?” He asked, his grip on her collar tightening.

 

“This… is your food?” She lifted the half empty cup of ramyeon in her hand. She noticed that her hand was shaking so she quickly lowered it to hide her fear.

 

“Yes! And this is my room!” He shouted. Then he noticed something from the corner of his eye and he slowly let go of her. “What happened to my notes and pictures?!” His eyes were wide with fury and she looked at the same direction as he was looking.

 

On the floor were some papers and pictures that were wet from the soup of the ramyeon that was spilled onto the floor when he had kicked her.

 

He roughly pushed her and went over to pick up the wet papers and then glowered at her in disbelief. “You’re going to pay for this and for all the food you ate!” He looked at the mess on the floor from the ramyeon and added, “And you have to clean this up too!”

 

“But I don’t have any money… And this is supposed to be my room!” She rebuked as a strand of ramyeon fell off her hair.

 

The guy looked down at the floor with disgust and frowned. “What do you mean this is your room?!”

 

“The landlady let me stay here!” Sungjong searched her pockets hurriedly but she couldn’t find it. “Wait.” She pointed at him and ran to her bag that she had left lying on the floor near the entrance. She searched in her bag and finally found what she was looking for. “See? I have the key! The landlady gave it to me! Hah!” She beamed at him but her expression faltered when she saw him holding up an identical key.

 

“Get your facts straight dummy! It’s a landlord, not a landlady!” He took out his phone and dialed something. Sungjong just watched him as he pressed the phone against his ear. “Hyung! Why is there a hobo in my room?” He paused, it seemed that the other person was answering him. “Sunggyu-hyung! Don’t hang up!” He suddenly shouted and Sungjong flinched. The guy glared at her and then turned his back to her. “Hyung. Yaa… HYUNG!!!” He looked at his phone and muttered something under his breath as he leaned his head against the wall.

 

There was suddenly an awkward silence.

 

“Are you… okay?” Sungjong asked, taking a few cautious steps towards him.

 

The guy turned to her with an icy glare. “How can I be okay with –” he shook the drenched papers he was still holding in one hand, “with –” and then gestured to the mess on the floor, “with –” and then finally he pointed a shaking finger accusingly at Sungjong, “A burglar hobo in my room!”

 

She gasped. “How could you call me that you…” – she looked at him from head to toe, he had a camera with him and was dressed in all black- “…unfashionable guy!” She cursed herself for being so lame.

 

He was about to make a comeback when a knock was heard on the door. The guy glared at her before walking towards the door. Sungjong couldn’t see the door from where she was standing, but she could hear him opening it. Following him, she looked over his shoulder and saw a slit-eyed guy standing in the doorway. He was smiling. “Eo, Myungsoo-ya~ 369,369,369~!”

 

 

 

 

 


A/N: 369 is a Korean game where you clap whenever the numbers 3, 6, or 9 appears.

We would like to thank the readers for commenting and the subscribers for subscribing!

❤❤❤