Burglar

The girl named Sungjong

Sungjong inserted the key into the hole and pushed the door numbered 369 open. As soon as she stepped in, the light at the entrance . There was a mirror on her right and she looked at himself in the mirror as she took off her sneakers. She was still not used to seeing her boy self. She managed a little laugh and walked into the room. 

 

The room wasn’t that big as she explored it, but it had everything she could possibly need; a bathroom, a small kitchen, a small TV and a small table in the middle of the room. But what was strange was that the fridge was full of yummy food, the shelf was full of books, there were clothes hanging from a clothesline near the window, and there were even some papers and pictures on the table. Maybe the landlady was just too nice and lent all these stuff to make her feel more at home?

 

She noticed an acoustic guitar leaning against the bookshelf and grabbed it as she sat down on the cold floor. She rubbed her hands together before trying to play the guitar. But her fingers were awkward and the guitar made a sad sound as she strummed the strings.

 

So she gave up and decided to eat as her stomach started grumbling. She walked to the kitchen and found ramyeon cups on the counter. She boiled some water in a kettle she found by the sink and made three different flavored cups of ramyeon for herself. While waiting for the ramyeon to cook, she took them over to the table after clearing it by pushing the stuff onto the floor. She then set the ramyeon on the table and grabbed some snacks from the fridge.

 

Turning on the TV, Sungjong sat down and relaxed in front of the TV while munching on the snacks. It had been a long time since the last time she was able to just lay back and not fear that someone would come knocking on the front door.

 

As she was eating her ramyeon, she heard a doorknob turning and she went stiff. For a split second she thought that it was the loan sharks that were coming for her. But then she remembered that she wasn’t in her house anymore and sighed from relief, assuming that the sound was probably from the room next to hers since the place had thin walls.

 

She resumed watching the show that was on the TV and continued eating her ramyeon when she was suddenly jerked forward from such a force which resulted in her spilling the ramyeon on her face.

 

“YAA! BURGLAR!!!” someone shouted.

 

Ignoring the searing pain of hot ramyeon soup on her face, she panicked at the word ‘burglar’ and started looking around frantically. “Burglar? What burglar? Where’s the burglar?” She asked.

 

“You’re the burglar!!! You stupid moron!!!”

 

A pair of hands grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and pulled her on her feet. She was met with a guy about her age who was glaring daggers at her. She tried to make him let go by pulling on his hands, but being a girl that she was, she was too weak to fight him.

 

She looked at him with fear and immediately recognized the face of the guy. “Eo? You’re the toilet guy!” She said, but he ignored her.

 

“What are you doing in my room?”