Training Day

The Art of Jealousy

Taemin Pov

Why me? Of all of the professional choreographers in this damned company, LSM chose me...LEE TAEMIN! My thoughts were racing, and I could barely think straight the next day. The members and I went out for dinner at this amazing Thai food resturant. There are beautiful women galore, as well as kids my age. Jonghyun was extra careful with Key, making sure that he got to his seat and sat down gently. It was like Key was pregnant, only his hurt. They think that I don't know about the art of -pounding, and l'll let them think that for as long as possible. After all, I'm the maknae, the purest one of all of my hyungs. (If you believe that )

We got a booth, and like I said before, Jonghyun was the first one there with his lover, making sure that he was comfortable. Onew hyung sat next to Jonghyun, giving a total of three on one side. That left Minho and I with the opposite side. Just greaaaattt. Now I'm going to be -blocked all night. I let Minho get in first, since I didn't want to be on the inside and discomfort Minho by asking him to move whenever I needed to take a piss. In all honesty, he wouldn't be that discomforted, just a bit irritated. 

Once we all sat down, leader hyung started to give one of his speeches about how he's so proud of us, like he does every time we have an outing.

"Uh...guys. I know that I say this at every outing that we attend, so I'm gonna say something different. I see a long future ahead of us, maybe in like 12 years, we'll still be SHINee, just...really old, wrinkly SHINee. Hehe...uh...But seriously, through all the dangers, toils, and snares, I want us to be like family. This is the SHINee World, and all these civillians are just Shawols, whether they know it or not." 

"Aww Jinki Hyung....you made me tear up a bit." Key said.

"Hehee." laughed Onew hyung nervously.

"Sooo....who's ready to order." Said Tricia. 

Tricia is a Thai waitress who's been working at this particular resturant for as long as I've been alive. She was an older woman, maybe mid-thirties, but she was still smokin! She has a daughter, Lydia, and Lydia has the biggest crush on me. For a 10 year old, she's wayyy to adorable. I remember when she asked me to wait for her so that we can have children. A six year difference is a huge gap right now, but down the line when she's 20, it won't look as bad. That's one of the funny things about age.

Back to Tricia. We all greeted Tricia formally in unison. 

"You all don't need to greet me formally. Why not say 'wazzap' or 'Tricia gurrrlll'?" She said.

We all giggled at that statement. 

"Alright..alright. Do you guys want what you normally get?" She asked.

We all nodded. Even though we had known her for four years already, we were still intimidated by her. She was way to good looking. It was best if we kept our mouths shut so that we didn't say anything dumb to her, and possibly offending her. I've seen Tricia when she's angry, that woman has been scorned. I have no idea where that anger comes from, but it's amazing. She could be the sweetest woman that you ever met, and be possessed the very next minute. Women man...

We talked for a while until our food arrived, and then that's when the silence kicked in. All you could hear was the crunching, munching, slurping, and burping of us eating. 

Once done with our feast, we headed back to the dorm. It was amazing how any of us had any energy left. Once in the dorm, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. It was a text from LSM.

"My elephant eats trucks. This happens everyday. Nobody even wonders. Guess Riley only understands Piglatin. Internet Newbs. Tyler has epilepsy. Patricia rubbed Anna consciously til it couldn't eat. Remember Olan Oxford Michelle? And T-rex. 8 piles man."

My first thought was that LSM was piss drunk, and then it hit me.

"My elephant eats trucks. This happens everyday. Nobody even wonders. Guess Riley only understands Piglatin. Internet newbs. Tyler has epilepsy. Patrica rubbed Anna consciously til it couldn't eat. Remember Olan Oxford Michelle? And T-rex. 8 piles man."

It didn't make any sense, until I realized that it was code. It took about an hour to disect, but I got it.

"Meet the new group in the practice room at 8pm."

 

That clever s.o.b! I think he really meant to not let the other members know. I checked the time...7:45. ! I had to leave!

As I was running out the door,  Key stopped me.

"Where do you think that you're goin?" He asked me, as he blocked my way.

"Uh...to meet someone."

"Excuse me? You're only 16, and it's way to late to go and meet someone." he said.

"It's only seven!" I said.

"Ok...fine, but be back by 10!" he said as I stormed past him.

I made it to the practice room at around 7:55. It's a good thing that our dorm is so close. That hour wasted on trying to decipher that ing message would have caused hell for me if I lived any farther. I walked into the door, and headed up to the main practice room. When I opened the door, I found 12 boys sitting in a circle playing telephone. 

"Who are you!?" A tall one asked me. He had big eyes like Minho, but a killer smile.

"That's Lee Taemin!" Said a darker one with a nice smile and warm eyes. He reminded me of myself.

"Uh..yeah...I'm Lee Taemin. Uh...Mr. Soo Man has instructed me to ready you guys for debut." I said sheepishly.

"What?? You just debuted 3 months ago, now you're an expert of some sort?? What ery is this?" A shorter one with humongous eyes said.

"Uh...I really hope that we can get along. Mr. Soo Man had said that since I'm the best dancer in the company...I should teach you guys a few things." I said.

Three of them scoffed and folded their arms.

"How old are you kid?" One with really clear skin asked.

"Uh...I'm...sixteen." I said nervously. 

"AHAHAH!! I'm like 20! And some kid is going to teach me how to dance??" He said.

Now I was getting pissed. I felt this heat inside of me...and my vision blurred.

"Listen man....I can just tell LSM that you aren't very serious about this, and he'll cut you loose. It's your choice. Here...I'm the ing leader. I get to choose your stage names, your group names, and I get to decide whether or not you make it. 12 of you is alot, and I don't think that you're Super Junior. ENOUGH OF THIS BULL! GET IN A STRAIGHT ING LINE! FROM ELDEST TO YOUNGEST NOW YOU !!!" I yelled. 

They did as instructed without haste. I was surprised at myself, where did this confidence come from?

I decided to give them their stage names. 

"You..you're Tao. You will be Sehun. Your punk will be Kris. You...dickhead, you're Suho. Hey..fartbreath, you'll be Chen. You...pretty eyes, you're Luhan. You...tall guy with a smart mouth..you're Chanyeol. Hey...uh...Kim Jongin...that's too close to Jonghyun..so you'll be Kai."

He giggled, and smiled warmly at me. He gazed in my eyes, and my heart skipped a beat. What was wrong with me?? Uh..

"Uh...you...you will be Xiumin. Hey pinhead, you're D.O. And you, tired eyes, you are Baekhyun. And lastly, you are Lay." I said.

This Lay guy looked at me and smiled. He had one dimple and stomach fluttered. Oh lord not more of this .

After about an hour with these guys, they were already sweating, trying to keep up with my legendary skills. No one could match my innate ability, but this Kai kid was really close.

"Seonsangniiiiimmm~" Said Kai. 

Was he doing Aegyo on me??

"Can we take a break, the others are about to pass out." He said as he wiggled his body.

"What the hell are you doing? Are you trying to be cute?" I asked.

He nodded as he wiggled more.

"I guess. You've all worked extremely hard, but not hard enough. Tommorrow night will be three times as hard as today was. Go home now." I instructed.

Sighs and pants filled this already hot, and musty room. I grabbed a waterbottle and watched as the guys left. Only one stayed behind. Kai. 

"Seonsaengnim...can I ask you something?" He asked me

"What?" I asked.

"What's your phone number?" he said as he pulled out his Android.

"Uh...010-000-0000 (A/N i don't know any Korean numbers! LOL)" i replied.

"Why?'' I asked.

"Because...what if I want more practice than my hyungs, or there is an emergency, or what if I never see you again." He said/

"I doubt that any three of those things would happen. Especially in that order. Go on home now." I instructed him.

"Ok," he said as he bowed. "See you tommorrow seonsaengnim!!" He said as he scurred on behind the remaining bunch.

Once the room was empty, I layed on the floor and was soon asleep.

--------------------------------------