Coming Out

The Art of Jealousy

    After my shower, and realization, I went into the bedroom that I shared with Minho. I walked in with just a towel around my slim waist, and a the clothes that I had worn, bunched up in a messy cluster, in my left hand. My hair was still wet, but I couldn't care less. My hair curled when wet, and I was told that I looked innocent when it did that.

    I walked past Minho, who sat on the green leather futon that sat in the corner of the room. His eyes were red, and swollen. It was obvious that he was crying, but he tried to play it off. He spoke to me, breaking the awkward silence of the room.

"Hey Tae." He said. His voice was shaky.

"Hey hyung. What's wrong?" I asked him.

"I don't know, honestly. I guess I was worried about your safety." He said.

"Hyuuuuung~, " I whined, "I'm an adult, and in like...2 months, I'm gonna be 21. You can't always baby me." I said.

He smiled. and looked me in the eyes, beckoning me to come closer.

He patted a spot next to him on the futon.

"Tae, it's not because we want to baby you, it's because your safety is valued. You know that you can be naive at times. It's just that us hyungs worry about what decisions you're gonna make." He said.

I hugged him. My body was still wet from the shower, but I didn't care.

"I shall try to be more considerate of you and my hyungs." I said into his shoulder. I could feel him shaking. He was crying on me. His tears were warm as they rolled down my upper body. His breath hitched as he tried to calm himself. I sat there, holding him, caressing his back, and cooing him. In his ear, I whispered that things would be ok. I told him that I wouldn't worry him like that again.

My mind was still thinking about the revelation that I just had in the bathroom. Can I even trust Minho with this? Would he still even want to room with me? Would he hate me? Would he think that I'm disgusting? I can't spoil this bonding moment with something that radical. He broke the embrace once he regained his composure. I looked into his big brown frog eyes.

"Minho hyung...I wanted to tell you something" I said. I swalled the knot in my throat, and clasped my hands together.

He put his finger up, shushing me.

"Taem....I wanted to tell you that I know you are becoming a responsible adult. I trust that you'll make the right decisions. I know that...one day you'll have a beautiful wife, a kid or two, and you can live out your dreams. I know that being an 'idol' sometimes feels restricting, but please, don't ruin your image. You've got like 10 more years to do that. " He said jokingly.

Don't ruin your image.

Don't ruin your image.

Don't ruin your image.

Those words played over and over in my head. I never even thought about that. I never even thought about how the fans would react to me being gay. SO many hearts would be broken. I'm loved by a lot of strangers, and that thought is scary. I've seen what happens to Idols when they date. Fans get pissed, fan wars start, careers end, assaults happen. It's ugly. I don't want my future boyfriend to end up like that. I don't wanna see him hurting because of the life that I wanna live. I can't tell anyone my secret. NO ONE. Once I tell someone, it spreads, then the whole company will now, and LSM might kick me off the team.

I don't wanna commit career suicide, I mean I feel like I've just started. 

"TAE!" Minho said as he snapped his lengthy fingers in front of me. I jolted out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I said on impulse.

"What were you gonna say?" He asked.

His eyes beckoned me to tell him everything. To spill the beans right then and there. They told me to not lie to him, and to tell him what was on his mind. 

"I...uh." I was stuttering. I couldn't get the words out.

He looked at me expectantly.

"I. Uh. Hyung, I just wanted to tell you not to worry. I'm actually working on a project right now. This is why I wasn't here, and why I was out all night. I fell asleep at the place that I was at, which is where I was working.....on my project. I can't really disclose details about this place, in which I work for my project, but I wanna tell you that I'm always gonna be ok. It's not far at all." I said. 

Mentally, I smacked myself. I had just told MInho about EXO. Well....not really. I didn't lie, but I didn't spill everything at once, so I'm in the clear right?

He smiled and grasped my shoulder.

"Tae, It's ok. You're a man. Do what you want, live your life. But keep that phone of yours nearby? Got it?" He said. This conversation was slowly turning into a scolding.

"Arasseo." I replied.

"Good, now go put on some clothes!" He said jokingly. I smiled and got up. 

As I rose from my seated position, the towel around my waist caught on the arm of the futon. In one swift tug, I was , and standing before my hyung.

I froze. I couldn't move. My body was paralyzed. Minho's eyes widened. He looked my up and down, and his stares stopped at my region. He swallowed hard.

"Uh...I uh." He stammered. He shut his eyes tightly, and rested his head in his palm.

I took the opportunity to run to the restroom with my bunched up clothes. 

 

Oh my fricken god....that didn't just happen