SIX

Guy In Heels
"Wake up."


"mfgakialkak"


"Wake uppppp"


"mahagaqojjsiaolal"


"You better wake up right now." Jae In threatened Myungsoo, who was past out like a log on his bed. Seeing no response from the latter, Jae In sighed. "Don't say i didn't warn you."


"Ahem. Test test." She cleared a few times. Here goes nothing.


"NaEkKEO HaJA NAEga NeOl SAraNGHae, OUUUU? NAegA neOL geOkJEonGhAE, OUUUUUU?" A voice akin to a crow's broke out of Jae In's tiny frame as she tried to imitate her idols dance moves; however, she looks more like a monkey swinging from branches to branches, just much less graceful.


It's not that her voice is terrible, Hyomin had assured her when everyone rejected her offer to go to noraebang together, or that they do not want to re-experience the horror and shame they felt for their friend when they saw her dance. It's just that her voice is a bit too shrill and her dance a tad bit unique for everyone to get used to. "Unique", Jae In liked that word- it makes her voice seem special, so she decided to leave it at that, choosing to believe in her friend's explanation. She ignored hyosung's snark comment, something along the sorts of "stop deceiving her. her voice sounds like and she can't dance to save her miserable life" She does not care anyway, the 's opinion doesn't matter to her.


But surprisingly, despite all the ruckus Jae In made, Myungsoo did not stir one bit. The mentioned girl stared incredulously at the seemingly dead body and sighed.


"How can she sleep through all this?!"


She headed towards the toilet as she grabbed an item off the mini "kitchen table" the school had graciously provided.


"Wake up!" Jae In poured a bucket of water onto Myungsoo, causing the latter to let out a not so manly shriek, as the water entered his nostrils. He coughed out water and sputtered uncoherant words as he tried to comprehend why he was wet despite having his shirt on. His face showed an expression of half dazed, but to Jae In, the best part of it all is that he is finally awake.


Thank god.


"Hurry up and get dressed. We are going shopping."


"Whaaaa?"


"You heard me the first time. We are going shopping."


-


"Remind me again why i agreed to come with you." Myungsoo grumbled.


He has been forced out of his bed at seven in the morning to accompany Jae In to the mall. Who goes shopping so early?


"It's only seven in the morning, and it's a freaking saturday. I was planning to sleep in but instead i am dragged here by Jae In to go shopping. S H O P P I N G . Ahh what did i do to deserve this" he silently weeped.


"You have no choice remember?" Jae In gave him an innocent smile as she dragged him into another shop. "I am so happy right now. I haven't gone shopping for ages." She squealed as she held a grey hoodie with a smiley face design against her body. "How does this look on me?"


"You look um.. okay."


"Yah." Jae In stopped shifting through the rack of clothes and started scrutinising Myungsoo's bored face. "What is with your face? I thought all girls like shopping."


"I don't." Myungsoo made a face.


"Huh, really."


"Yeah. I don't get why girls like to cake their faces with all those make up, and complain about not having enough clothes when they have an entire room full of them. What is the big fuss, it's either the guy like you, or don't."


Jae In stilled, slightly surprised at her friend's outburst. "To feel more confident about themselves perhaps?" She guessed.


"How does caking their entire face with unknown chemicals make them feel more confident about themselves? A little bit is fine, but covering their whole face with excessive amount of make up is just.. They are just hiding their true selves. If a guy really likes you, he won't mind if you wear sweatpants or dresses. He won't mind if you have a bad complexion. He will want to know you, love you, as who you are, not as who you try to appear to be." Myungsoo muttered.


Well, he is not so sure about the rest of the guys but it applies to himself at least.


He wants to love a girl, not a porcelain doll.


"You are talking as if you are not a girl yourself." Jae In remarked casually.


"I am no- um" he cleared his throat. "Eh." He looked around, trying to change the topic when he remembered something.


"You know, i heard a very strange sound when i was sleeping."


"Really? What strange sound?" Jae In asked, putting back the clothes she took from the shelves. Somehow, she isn't so excited about shopping anymore.


"I think it was something like crows shrieking? I don't know. It was very loud, as if it was coming from just beside my ear. You hear it?"


Jae In recalled her attempt at singing this morning to wake her friend up.


She can't be referring to my singing, can she?


Jae In kept a straight face.


"No, i didn't hear anything at all."


Myungsoo stratched his head. "Hmm strange. i swear i heard it."


-


"Psst"


"what"


"code red." Jae In whispered urgently.


"Code what?" Myungsoo asked, slightly confused as he leaned against the toilet cubicle Jae In has been in for the past five minutes. Since when were they playing a detective game?


"You know.. that thing."


"What thing?" Myungsoo continued cluelessly.


"My menses came and i didn't bring any pads." Jae In groaned, "do you have any with you?"


Eh, pads? What's that? It sounds pretty familiar. Myungsoo's eyes furrowed as he racked his brains for the answer. He was sure that he heard it somewhere before. The image of the female teacher his Professor had hired entered his mind. What was it about again? She mentioned omething like.. monthly.. cramps.. blood.. His mind clicked and he let out a gasp as his eyes widened.


Oh. Jae In's on her period.


"Uh, Minrae?"


"I.. I didn't bring any either." Myungsoo stuttered. Why will he have any? He has no use for it anyways.


He heard a muffled curse and then a sigh.


"Can you buy some for me please?"


"Buy.. for you?"


"Yes. I will pay you later."


Myungsoo stilled as he considered. Should he or should he not? He had not a single idea how pads look like let alone know how to buy them. But then again, he cannot just leave Jae In in the lurch, can he?


"Alright. I will be back in a few." He rushed out of the toilet ans hurried towards the nearby pharmacy. They should sell those here right?


A cold gush of air welcomed him as the tinkle of a bell signalled his arrival. The store is relatively empty since it is still early in the morning and most of the population are still in bed. The counter held a sleepy looking teenager around the same age as himself who seemed as if he could fall asleep even while standing.


Myungsoo glanced around as he walked down the aisle selling a huge variety of products. Snacks, drinks, bottles of shampoo, shavers, just where are the pads located?


"Found it." He turned around and was happy to see the words "PAD" stuck on some pieces of plastic.


But there is one tiny problem. There is so many different brands- some with wings (what is that???? does this mean they can fly????) some without. Some promises a good night sleep, while others claim that they have high absorbance rates. He does not know which type Jae In used, so which one should he buy?


He stared at the shelves for a full ten minutes, before he made his way to the counter with his choice. He grimaced at the thought of the counter boy judging him, but whatever disgust the boy may have towards him buying pads is not shown, as he scanned the items in an almost robotic manner. He handed the bag over to Myungsoo and wished him a good day ahead before slumping back onto his seat with his eyes closed. He was probably too tired to even care.


Or maybe myungsoo just forgot that he was dressed as a girl so it was not unusual for him to buy pads.


Myungsoo half ran back towards the toilet. "Um Jae In, open the door. I got your um.. stuff."


"Thank you so much Minrae! You are a lifesaver." Came the reply as a hand reached out from the slightly opened cubicle.


"One thing though," Myungsoo braced himself, did he buy the wrong one? But that's impossible because-





"Why did you buy 10 different brands of pads?!!"


-


"This is for me?" Jae In asked as her hands clasped over the cup of warm chocolate Myungsoo passed her.


"Yep." Myungsoo nodded to which Jae In threw him a grateful smile. "Thank you."


Myungsoo shrugged in reply. He remembered his female teacher mention something about hot drinks helping to calm down nerves or something so he thought that maybe the cup of chocolate will help sooth down the cramps Jae In probably had.


"Let's go back to the dorm shall we?" Jae In laughed. "Then maybe you can catch up on your rest. You look like you needed ten more hours of sleep."


Yes, sleep. That is the best thing Myungsoo heard that whole day.


He can't stop the smile from spreading across his face as he thought of his favourite pasttime.


"Yeah, let's."


-


A/N: I am not entirely pleased with this chapter but i am too tired to make more changes so yeah meh


Oh yeah, HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY TO ALL INSPIRITS OUT THERE ❤ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ WE STAN THOSE IDIOTS FOR THREE YEARS (in my case close to 2 years) CAN YOU BELIEVE IT ;_; I am really glad that i was introduced to this group, because i am hooked now lol.


And i just wanna share with you guys part of an essay i wrote about Infinite for my recent examination lol and i got a pretty decent grade yay \o/


"They started off as a group of people who just wanted to pursue their dreams, but they ended off as inspirations for others and for me. I am really glad to know this band, because now i have a dream and i am willing to work towards it."


I know it sounds cliche, but i am really touched by how infinite (and all the other bands out there) worked really to get to where they are now. Especially hoya and sunggyu ;__;


Anyways, remember when i asked you guys to guess who my bias is? Well, i saw a pretty disturbing comment. It was deleted by the commentor already but i just want to say that i DO NOT hate myungsoo alright. Somehow the person has the impression that i dislike myungsoo LOL what even. How can i not love that sweetheart. I am sorry if what i wrote cause a few of you to misunderstand but i am just writing this story for FUN okay, so in no means am i making fun of myungsoo or what not. I like that dork, end of story. Do not take this story seriously please ok.


Okay, enough of this negative stuff and long author note which i doubt anyone reads. But if you do, thank you, and have a good night (or morning) everyone!


REMEMBER GUYS


Once an inspirit, always an inspirit! \o/ b





Bye everyone, till next update!


And comments are loved! <3