Chapter 16 - Vacation 2

They Are The Angels And Devils In My Life

 

 

“Hye… What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo sat next to Da-hye at the bench near the lake. Seeing she not answering, he continued, “We already be at here for three days and you seems very happy. But why tonight you look gloomy?” She just looked down and played with her finger.

“You know, you can tell me anything and I promise to keep your secret.” She lift her head and asked, “Really? You are sure?”

Kyungsoo nodded and said, “I cross my heart and hope to die.”

Da-hye exhaled a heavy breathe before continued, “It’s my dad death anniversary today and I miss him.”

“I’m sorry.” Kyungsoo was thought it’s was Chanyeol or Baekhyun again.

“Oh no… Don’t be… Dad dies because of the cancer… That’s what mom told me.” She smiled weakly.

“Mom said she didn’t see him for the last time before his dead because dad asked mom to get me at school and bring me at the hospital so he can meet me for the last time. But when we get there, appa was gone. I didn’t see him for last time.” She start to cry and hide her faces between her knees, it makes Kyungsoo feel uneasy.

He tries to calm her down but he fail then he feel someone tapped his shoulders. He spun around and saw Kai. Kai raise an eyebrow while stares at Kyungsoo. He just shook his head and walk away from there, leaves Kai and her.

She lifted her head when she senses someone presence and saw Kai kneel in front of her. Kai reach out his hand causes the younger close her eyes tight, waiting for a forehead-flick or her head get a knocked.

All her thought was wrong when she felt a warm touch on her cheek so she opened her eyes slowly. Kai wipe her tears with his thumbs while making eyes contact with her.Da-hye could tell in his eyes, he was try to say,

‘Stop crying.’

‘Your faces turn ugly when you cry.’

‘Please don’t cry. It’s not suit with you.’

‘You look beautiful when you smiled.’

Seeing her refuse to smile, Kai pinch her cheek hard causes she whimpering to let go.  She pouted soon as Kai let her cheek go then she smiled weakly.

Kai ruffles her head then he stood up. He looked at the sky before looked back at Da-hye.

“You shouldn’t be out when the night skies don’t have his stars.” Soon he said, the rain starts to fall down. Kai grab her hands and they run through the rains.

Knowing that they not gonna make to the house, they stop at the horse stable and went to Shadow’s stable, the white horse she ride on the first day she arrive there. They stay in quiet-calm situation; Da-hye’s know it’s not use to talk with Kai since him very rare to talk with her. Suddenly…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“THUMP!!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sound of thunder startled Da-hye. She move closer to Kai,close her ears and bring her knees closer to her chest when another thunder strikes. She scared when comes to the thunders. Kai take a short gaze before slowly tapped her knee. She lifted up her face and uncovered her ears before asking, “What?”

As usual ,Kai didn’t answer he just move closer to Da-hye and helped her wearing the earpiece he brought earlier before he press the button on his phone. Da-hye calm down and starts to fall asleep while listening to the music.Kai dozed off after 15 minutes Da-hye fall asleep. On the next morning, Kyungsoo found them sleeping at the stable and he nagging all day before they heading back to Seoul about they could have fall sick or why they didn’t call him last night so he can go and fetch them. Actually they forgot about that…

 

 


 

 Please Listen To It ^^

It's the song that Kai played...

">

">