Epilogue

The Shadow Of You

"Jagiya!"

I take a deep breathe, and brave myself to watch his video he recorded for me a year ago. His parents gave me this camera last year, but I didn't have the courage to look at it.

"Jagiya! Look" He said, and smiled. "I'm going to tell you this," He cleared his throat. "I'm not going to show you anything at all. Because we're going here on our honey moon." He laughed, and blushed.

I take a deep breathe again, holding the tears in my eyes.

"You know what I mean," He laughed again. "If you're watching this, then we must have the deal to get married, right?" He blinked a few times. "Right?" His face came closer to the camera. "Of course I'm right!" He screamed, and he laughed. "That's why, I'm going to record nothing. Because I'm promising you that  I'll bring you here!" He smirked.

I pause it to give me a time to breath. I look away, I didn't realise that my eyes are already tearing apart. "Stop making promise you can't keep. Why did you make so many promises? 1 second, and all that things are gone. To take me to US? Is that really possible now?" 

My heart feels burning, I'm tearing again. 

I take a deep breathe once again, and finally decide that it's not the time yet. I turn off the camera, and cry on my own for the hundredth time.

Right since Jiyong left me, I don't have anyone to be with me. I become the girl who nobody wants. My parents keep supporting me, but I have never smiled so bright like before. I can't live without him. It's all so different without that one guy. I miss him so much.

*Rings*

"Hello?" I quickly wipe my tears.
"Hello, is this Joochan-ssi?" Says the guy in the other end.
"Yes,"
"I'm Min Hyun, the friend of Jiyong. I'm so sorry for your lost."
"Ng?" I remember the day when Jiyong and I wrote a music together and we gave it to him.
"I just want to tell you, that your song, everyone loves it so much. And we'll use it for the band."
"Really? Okay, thank you."
"Can you, umm.. Write another song for us? We'll definitely going to give you the payment."
"Oh, really?! Sure, I'd love to." 

Jiyong, did you heard it?! They love our song! And my dream will become true. It's all because of your help! 

I cry of happiness. 

Next week is the first year of Jiyong's death, so I'm going to give a song for him as a present.

I spend that week on writing my new music. And finally finished one day before the first year of his death.

I go to his grave today. I bring a big rose, and put it above him. I pull out the weeds in his grave. And I began to cry. 

"Hi, jagiya." I shake and cry. "How are you? Have you been well?" After crying for around 30 minutes, I finally wipe my eyes, "I'm sorry. I know you don't want to see me crying like this." I force myself to smile.
"You remember our song, right? Last week, MinHyun called me and ask me to write more. I wrote it for you. Do you want to hear it?" 
Then I play him the song.

 

Why, you're not here?
To fulfill your promise?
Have you forgotten me?
Have you forgotten your promise?

Why do you have,
to promise me so much?
Is this what you've planned?
Or are you crying there yourself?

 

"It's going to sound like that. Do you like it?" I smile, but my tears aren't stopping. 

"It has been a year, jagi. A year without you with me. I feel like I'll be love to kill myself, it won't be as hurt as this. I miss you so much and it hurts me really bad. Have you missed me this year? Are you looking at me from there?" I look up. "Is it fun to live there without me? Will you go back here,...someday?" I cry again. Then I wipe it again. I look around, and found a well. 

"Jagiya, it's getting dark. I promise you I'm going to wait for you, forever. I'll wait for you to fulfill your promises. And I'll come visit you soon. Today was really nice to be with you. We can't meet in this world anymore. Can we at least meet in my dreams?" I ask him, and of course there isn't any answer.

I go to the well and cry out all my emotions. Sad, angry, confuse. "Why do you have to leave me this early?! Why?!" I took off my purse angrily.

Suddenly, the camera fall off from my purse. "W-wait! NO!" I yell, but it's too late. The camera falls down to the well. "No, I haven't see it!" I cry again. 


And with that, I never got the chance to see the rest of the video. 

 

He had never got the chance to kneel in front of me. And say that words. "Will you marry me?" was never spoken by the guy named Kwon Jiyong.
He never had the chance.