Now You Know

She's Dangerous

Hoya’s POV

“What is it you want to ask me?”

I’m about to ask her out when my phone starts ringing.

I curse and look at her and send the person to voicemail.

“Shouldn’t you at least check to see who that was?”

I shake my head, “No, I want to ask you this before I lose the courage.”

Again my phone goes off and I take it out of my pocket to see it’s a number that I don’t know.

I notice Chung Cha looks at it and her body stiffens.

I watch as she races into her room and I hear things being thrown around.

I race into the room to see that she has a simple backpack packed and how she’s stuffing clothing and other things into it.

“I need to go,” I hear her say.

“Why?”

She looks back to see me and while she’s stuffing items into her bag a small dagger falls out of her bag.

I walk over and pick it up, “What is this?”

I take the blade from the sheath showing a nice looking blade thought here are a few nicks here and there.

“It’s a tanto,” she says as she quickly grabs it from my hands.

“Why are you hiding it from me?”

“It’s to protect you,” she tells me with a worried tone.

I notice her playing with her needle bracelet.

uQsEIBBBVd94E0HZdd3pmYxeqtmLKL6pD8nBcjx3

(like the ones Jet Li wears in Kiss of a Dragon)

I can’t help but to ask her, “What kind of weapons do you have?”

She looks away from me and I ask her, “Why won’t you tell me?”

“I’m scared you’ll be disgusted with me like I already am with myself.”

“I could never be disgusted with you.”

I hear her whisper, “That can easily change.”

Still she walks over to her closet and pulls out a duffle bag I’ve never seen before and tosses it on her bed.

“Go ahead look if you really want ot know.”

I open the bag to see that it’s filled with different types of weapons that make her seem like a modern ninja plus a few guns and ammo boxes.

“Where did you get this?”

“I’ve always had it. I just had to go back for it the first night I was here. I’m sorry Hoya I didn’t think they would find me with you.”

“I don't care,” I tell her while I hold onto her shoulders.

“Why?”

“Because I care about you. You are important to me. You can carry these,” I pick up a pair of metal fans, “and that’s it.”

She smiles at me as she takes them from my hands, “These are called tessen. I’ll carry these and a few throwing knives under my skirt with my bracelets. I’m not going out of this house without any kind of weapons to protect myself with. Though I think I’ll carry my favorite set.”

I pull out simple black tessen with lace on the top, but you can’t notice the blades hidden with the lace that you’d have to look hard to notice it.

“You are giving me no room to fight with you about this.”

She nods her head, “Yes.”

“And you won’t tell me your story yet.”

She nods her head again, “I’m not ready to tell you.”

“Why?”

“Cause it’s worse than the bag filled with weapons. Let’s say they treated me like I was a trained attacked dog.”

“Can’t you tell me a bit more about yourself?”

I watch as she nods her head and sits by the duffel bag filled with all kinds of weapons.

She pulls out a small carrying case and slips a few knives into it and takes out 2 tessen along with a gun.

She holds the gun out to me, “It’s already loaded I just want you to hold onto it. It’s to protect you.”

“I’ve never fired a gun before.”

“I’ll teach you it’s not so hard. I’m sure I can find a bb gun that has about the same weight to train you with.”

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?”

“I should just leave,” she tells me as she picks up her bags.

I take her hand in my own and feel how calloused it feels. Out of all the time I’ve been with her I’ve never held her hand and she has never touched me.

“Is this from the training they put you through?”

She nods her head and looks away from me like she’s ashamed.

I take her face in my hands and smile at her, “No matter what kind of past you have you still are my friend You still are important to me. I would never feel disgusted of you.”

“Why do you say that? Is it because I’m a friend to you?”

I look away with a slight pink tint to my cheeks, “I’ll tell you when I’m ready.”

I watch as a cute pout appears on her face, but it turns it too a scowl shortly after.

I want to tell her that I’ve been in love with her since I can remember, but I don't think she’s read to hear it and I’m ready to tell her.

My phone goes off again and I look down to see that it says Myungsoo.

I hope she saw the caller ID as I walk out of her room and into my office.

I shut the door and say, “Alright so talk.”

“What is it that you want my dad to look into?”

“A group that takes in kids training to to be killers. Trained attack dogs.”

I hear Myungsoo’s dad gasp in the background.

“What do you want to deal with the Lotus for?”

“Lotus?”

“Yeah that’s what they call the organizations and they claim to create super humans.”

“What do they do?”

“They take in kids and experiment on some of them and the ones that have potential in fighting they leave alone to train them in every weapon known to mankind.” I hear papers being flipped through and Myungsoo tell me, “Remember that movie with Jet Li with 701’s I think?”

“Yeah what about it?”

“She might be their version of a 701 this group they have 1 of the largest group of scientists in the world that are all over the world. It says in the file that they did those experiments on their best. Remember how she fought when we first met her.”

“She was drugged.”

“True but she was also really good fighter for someone who had that much in there system. The doctor said that she should have died.”

“True what did you find out about her?”

“Nothing,” Myungsoo’s dad says to me.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean she did not exist until she appeared in your school. There’s no record of her. Do you know anything about her before Lotus took her in?”

“Her dad is dead they killed him when she was a kid. That might have been the day they took her. Her parents separated when she was 6 and she was taken when she was 7. She had ran into her mother last night and she acted scared for anyone to know that she was her mother.”

I hear Myungsoo’s dad typing away and it seems he had found what he wanted. “Alright she’s your age right?”

“Yes,” I tell them not completely sure.

I had never asked her for her age or birthday, I think so I’m not completely sure.

“Well the only thing I can find is a file from an investigation that I was apart of. A mother was looking for her daughter after she had gone missing when her ex-husband had died in a car accident. She was going on and on about some plot. I guess she had an idea who took her child. From what she had told us her daughter’s name was Li Chung Cha. She had read about them and was worried since her ex-husband was in financial problems and her daughter was an excellent fighter.”

“Do you think he was going to sell her?’

“Maybe or he was going to use her in underground fighting.”

“That’s terrible,” I whisper knowing that Chung Cha is probably trying to listen in on me by now, “can you keep searching and find whatever you can?”

“I’ll try but you know they kill whoever tries to investigate them. I think that’s why Ms. Kim had stopped looking for her daughter.”

“Alright I should probably make dinner.”

Before I hand up Myungsoo says, “Hoya be careful. I should probably tell you this Lotus is looking for Chung Cha I think. Rumor has it they are looking for 1 of their prized fighters. I can’t be sure because they call the fighter #1.”

I sigh and ruffle my hair, “Alright thanks.”

I hang up and fix my hair before I walk out of the room to notice that Chung Cha is staring at her bag.

“Pup are you alright?’

She nods her head, “Yeah, what did Myungsoo want?”

“Wanted me to go drinking with the guys, but I’d rather sit back and watch some movies with you.”