Alive

Love Afar

 

...  Angel’s World ...

Jay was walking down the mansion, looking for someone. Then, he met the other angel and asked her, “Where is uncle Kim?”

She bowed and answered, “He was in the back yard..”

“Thank you.” He rushed to the back yard. Jay pushed the huge door before him and saw the wide grassland. He looked in every direction to find his uncle. Then, he saw his uncle who was playing with his pigeons. He quickly came closer to him.

“Hey Jay, you’re coming?” His uncle was greeting him.

“Yeah..  Uhm.. Uncle Kim?”

“Yes?”

“i want to ask you something?”

“Sure..”

“Every angel has their own life crystal amulet. Can it be used to human?”

“Yes, It can. But there is a risk.”

“Risk?”

“If you use it to save someone’s life, it would be the same with you willingly give up your life. You won’t be immortal. One else, she’ll forget everything about you when she awake.” He explained.

“She? How did you know..?” Jay looked surprised.

“Do you forget that I can easily read your mind, kid?” He gave Jay a smile. “Now, It’s up to you.. Just listen to your heart and do what your heart want to do..” He tapped Jay’s shoulder. "It will help you to make right decision."

Jay thought for a while before he said, “Thanks..”

 

...  Seoul Hospital ...

It was just like yesterday when Jay remembered her beautiful face smiling at him while her eyes showed a happiness. But, right now, it’s not the same again. Jay looked sadly at Seohyun who was lying unconscious on the hospital bed. He knew well what would happen to her life. Then he took her hand and hold it tight.

“We will never be together because there is a huge wall standing between us which I can’t climb through it. Our love is a great mistake, but I’ll never regret it. You still have a long way to go and a dream you want to reach, so I won’t let you go this early. I will give up my time to you. You can have all the time you need to fill up your life..” Jay said as a single tear rolled down his face. “Be happy Seohyun, take care of yourself from now on. Tomorrow is your birthday, right? This is my gift, just like your wish.”

Jay closed his eyes, his wings spread out from his back. He hold his crystal amulet as it’s became a bright blinding light while his body slowly faded. He looked at Seohyun’s face for the last time, then kissed her forehead. “I love you.”

It was Jay’s last words before his body vanished into thin air.

 

...  In Seohyun’s Dream  ...

Seohyun was sitting on the grassy ground near a lake to see the sunrise. She was all alone here, only accompanied by some butterflies and the birds tweet from the trees. She heard someone was walking closer from behind, so she turned around to see who it was. He was Jay who walked to her place and smiled warmly to her. Seohyun got up from her seat and smiled widely. Jay stopped his feet beside her as they were standing together, enjoying the beautiful scenery before them.

“Where did you go? Why did you leave me?” Seohyun started the conversation.

“I’m sorry.. I just realized that we can’t be together, but I can’t lie to myself that I can’t live without you.. So, I’m back..” Jay answered and faced her. “May I ask you something?” He asked.

Seohyun looked at him. “What is it? Just tell me..”

“Uhm.. What is your wish?”

“Wish? ... I just wish to live longer, live until I’ve reached all my dream. But, I really don’t think about it. People has their own fate and this is my fate. As long as I had done my best and have you who always beside me, it is more than enough for me.” She said with a smile.

Jay didn’t say anything, he just listened to her carefuly.

“You are the one who make me feel I am alive again. Would you be with me till my time is up? Don’t ever leave me alone again.” She said.

“Seohyun...” He called.

Seohyun’s smile never left her face as she put her arms around him, hugging him tightly like she didn’t want him to leave. Jay’s eyes grew wide in response at what she did. Then, he decided to hug her back.

“If it’s what you want, I’ll just say yes ...” He said.

“Thank you.. Let me tell you the truth, I’ve fallen in love with you.. I love you so much.” She confessed her feeling. “When you’re gone, I felt so lonely and wished you to come back.. I’m missing you terribly..” She add.

Jay’s eyes showed a sad look that Seohyun didn’t notice. He was very glad that he finally heard those words coming out from , but he also knew that this was the end of their short love story. When she woke up from this sweet dream, she would not be Seohyun who knew and loved him like before. She would be a new reborn Seohyun.

“I love you too Seohyun... Promise me that you’ll always be happy.” He said.

“I promise you, my angel..” She replied with a smile.

Jay felt like he didn’t want to end this embrace. “No matter what happen, you’ll be part of me indefinetly.. I love you so much..” He said and closed his eyes while his mind was counting down the last seconds with her.

 

 

... Back to The Real World ...

Seohyun slowly opened her eyes right after she had regained her consciousness. Her eyes was still blur after a long sleeping, but she tried to looked at her surrounding and saw a woman running toward her and calling her name in pleasure way. She was her mother who always accompanied her in the hospital. Right behind her mother, her father was standing and smiling. When Seohyun’s mind was focus, she tried to recall what happened to her and remembered that it’s caused by her cancer. This time, she didn’t feel any pain at all in her liver or anything around her stomach. She felt better, much more better than before, just liked the illness had been thrown away from her body.

“Mom?” She called her mother.

“Yes honey? Oh My God, you finally awake.. It’s a miracle.” Her mother said as she couldn’t hold her tears.

“Mom, I feel much better.. Why is it? Am I healed?” She sat up on her bed with her mother helping her.

“The God had saved you, the doctors said that your cancer had dissapeared by itself. Last night, they just did a checking up on you, it’s when they found out about your cancer dissapearence. It’s a real miracle.. Thanks God...” Her mother answered her question and huged her daughter. Seohyun huged her back and smiled at her parents, though she still didn’t understand how could this happen. She had survived from her deathly illness and from the death. It’s like a dream for her, but it was for real. She was alive and healthy. She wouldn’t deny that she was very happy. She thanked to the God for giving her life back. 

 

... One Month Later  ...

 

Seohyun was walking out from the library with some books on her hands, but she stopped her way when someone calling her name.

“Seohyun!” A girl cried out loudly from behind and Seohyun turned her head to see Yoona.

“Can’t you turn down your voice? It’s in the library.” Seohyun told her.

“I don’t care. Come on.. You have to see this.” Yoona said and grabbed her friend's hand to follow her.

The two best friend were running down the hall and stopped their feet when they reached in front of the announcement board. There is a huge poster about Girls’ Generation 2nd Audition Result on the board. Yoona pointed out Seohyun’s name on it, so she could see it clearly.

“You read it? Seo - Joo - Hyun.” Yoona spelled her name with a grin.

Seohyun read it for many times and widened her eyes. After a long waiting, her dream finally came true.

“I did it! I did it, Yoona! I’m a Girls Generation! We’re Girls Generation!” She laughed and jumped excitedly. Then, she huged Yoona tightly.

“Yeah ... Seohyun... Congratulation.. But.. Can’t you stop hugging me? I can’t breathe.” She told her.

“Ups.. Sorry...” Seohyun said and released her friend. She took a step back. Without she realized, she was stepping on someone’s foot.

“Aaargh..” A loud scream was heard from behind her, so she quickly turned around to find a man was holding his foot in pain.

“Ah... Is it hurt? I’m so sorry, I didn’t do it on purpose.. really.” She apologized.

“Can’t you just be careful?! Girl is always annoying.” He said sarcatically.

“Hey! Mind your words! She has apologized to you..” Yoona snarled at him, but he said nothing to reply.

His dark brown eyes just stared coldly at the guilty Seohyun. Then, he walked away, leaving them without words. Seohyun looked at him without blinking her eyes. She felt like he had freezed her body just by the look in his eyes. She kept her eyes on him till he was out of her sight. This guy had the same face and figure with Jay, Seohyun’s angel who had been erased away from her memories.

“Hey? Hello? Seohyun!” Yoona called Seohyun and shook her hand in front of her face, waking her up from her daydreaming.

“Uh.. yes?” Seohyun replied.

“Why did you look at him like that?” Yoona asked.

“Um.... I just feel like I had ever seen him before, but where? I don’t remember.” She answered.

Yoona sighed, “ There’s no use of thinking about that cold jerk.. Let’s go.." She started to walk away.

“Yeah.. Maybe you’re right. “

Still standing in her place, Seohyun looked back once again, looking at the way where he had gone. Then, she run to catch up Yoona.

 

THE END