The Party

Love Afar

 

... Seohyun’s Apartment ...

“Yoboseyo?” Seohyun answered her phone.

“Yoboseyo, Seohyun.. Do you have free time tonight?” Yoona asked from the other line.

“Yes, why?”

“We’ll have a party tonight..”

“What party? Today is not your birthday Yoona.”

“It’s not mine, but Siwon’s party. He invite us..”

 ‘If it’s Siwon’s party, Kyuhyun must be there. I’m not ready to see him again.’ Seohyun said in her mind. “I’m just not in the mood to go party.. Sorry, I can’t go.” She answered.

“Why? Come on Seohyun.. Please, attend the party. It will be fun.. “

“I don’t wanna go Yoona..”

“Please, I’m begging you Seo.. You can bring someone with you if you want..”

‘Honestly, I wanna attend the party too, but it’s all about Kyuhyun.. What if he is there?’ She tought. ‘Just let it go Seohyun, it’s all the past. Don’t let him be your shadow.’ Her mind told her. Then Seohyun finally said, “Fine.. I’ll go..“

“That’s my Seohyun! The party will begin at 8 pm in Siwon’s house.”

“Yeah.. It’s your boyfriend house, right?“

Yoona laughed at her, “Okay, see you then..”

“See ya..” Seohyun hung up her phone and sighed. ‘If I can take someone, who will accompany me?’ She asked in her mind, then she gazed at Jay who was looking at the magazine’s pages.

When Jay felt the eyes was watching him, he raised his head. “Hey... Why do you look at me like that?” He asked.

She approached him and said, “As an angel, there must be something you can do right?”

“.... “ Jay just frowned.

“Could you show yourself to be seen by human?”

“Yes. Why did you ask?”

“Really? Please, do it for me..” She asked him.

“What?!”

“Please, just help me this time. I want you to accompany me in the party, that’s why I need you to be seen.” She begged him.

Jay was thinking about it and answered, “All right, I’ll do it. But, my human form will only last for ten hours. After that I’ll be back to my angel form who can’t be seen again.”

“It’s okay.. We’ll be back home before you dissapear. I promise.”

He sighed and closed his eyes, focusing all his energy to its point. After 15 seconds, he opened his eyes again.

“I can be seen now.” He said.

She was blinking her eyes to see the change, “Really? But you look all the same.”

“Just look at the mirror. You could see my reflection, right?” He pointed the mirror before him.

Seohyun turned to see his reflection in the mirror and thought that he was right. She could see his reflection. “That’s great!” She said and looked at her watch. “Now is 2.14 pm. We still have enough time to get you something.”

“Get me something?” He asked.

“Yeah, Let’s go.. “ She grabbed her bag and took him with her.

 

... At Clothing Store ...

“Seohyun, why did you take me here?” Jay asked Seohyun who was busy choosing the clothes.

“I’ll buy you some clothes to wear..” She answered.

“What’s wrong with my clothes?”

She looked at him from top to toe and said, “Nothing’s wrong. It just didn’t suit for our party tonight..” She took some shirts, coats, and jeans. Then she handed it to Jay. “Take your clothes off and try this, Jay.. Then let’s look if it is suitable you or not.”

He widened his eyes. “What?!”

“Take your mind out of the gutter. You try it in that room. Not here.” She pointed the dressing room in the corner.

“Aaa...” Jay smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his head before headed to the dressing room.

After they finished with their clothes, Jay and Seohyun walked out from the store with some shopping bags in his hand.

“Where will we go?” Jay asked.

“Let’s just go home..” She said and turned her steps to an alley. “This way..”

“I think we didn’t walk through this alley before..” Jay said

“This will shortened our way.. “

When they just got the half of the alley, there were two stangers man blocking their way. Jay felt that they were bandits who wanted something from them, so he stepped forward and stood in front of Seohyun to protect her.

“Hey you see this? A lovely young couple was passing our territory..” One of the bandits said to his friend.

“What do you want?” Jay asked him.

“Just give us everything you have and you can go back safely.. It’s simple right?”

“I have nothing..”

“Don’t lie..”

“I don’t.” Jay made his first move by punching one of them right in the face, it’s hard enough to made him falling to ground with a loud thud. The other bandit raised his fist to hit Jay, but Jay could block his movement, quickly pushed him back and kicked his leg.

“Let’s run!” Jay said to Seohyun, grabbed her wrist then run with her.

“I thought you will finish them off.” She said.

“Do you think I could beat them up by myself huh? I never get in the fight before.” He replied as they kept running.

She looked back and said, “Oh God! They are following us!”

He looked around him. “There’s nothing for us to hide.. What should we do?”

“Bus!” She shouted when she saw a bus in the bus stop nearby.

“What bus?” He didn’t understand.

“Come on. Let’s get in the bus before they are getting closer.” She said and led him to the bus. When the bus door opened, they quickly jumped in the bus as the driver started to drive the bus away. Jay and Seohyun sighed in relief for escaping the danger.

 

... Siwon’s House ...

The noise was heard in every corner of this big house. They were chatting with each other while enjoyed the party this night. The music was started with the performances from students group on the stage. One by one, the guest was coming and giving the birthday greeting for Siwon. It was his birthday party to celebrate his twenty years old. Yoona was standing beside him, her boyfriend. She looked at the door, waiting for her best friend coming. A few minutes later, she saw Seohyun with someone. Seohyun was looked so beautiful with her light purple dress and Jay looked so cool with his dark blue shirt under the grey vest. Yoona waved her hand and walked to Seohyun.

“Finally, you’re coming.. I’ve been waiting for you..” Yoona said and glanced at Jay. “Who is he?”

“I-“ Jay was about to answer but Seohyun stepped on his foot, silenced him. Then, she immedietly answered. “Uh... He.. He is from another school. His name is Jay Kim. He’s son of my father’s partner in Midnight Orchestra.”

“Why didn’t tell me about him, Seo?”

“Eh.. I’m just not ready to tell you..” She said.

“Next time, you should tell me everything, Seo..”

She nodded, “Yeah, sure, I’ll tell you Yoona..”

Yoona smiled then whispered something to her friend, “I have to admit that you got a quite handsome boyfriend.”

“What?! He.. He is not my-“

“Seohyun?”

Her words were cut by someone’s calling her name. She knew well who was the owner of this voice. She turned to see him.

“Kyuhyun..” She said.

“I hadn’t see you in a long time..” Kyuhyun said.

Seohyun didn’t said anything. Now, she was facing someone who she didn’t expect to see.

“How are you?” he asked.

“I’m fine.” She replied.

“Could we talk?”

Seohyun was thinking for a moment before she nodded. “I’ll be back soon. You can go with Yoona while I’m gone.” She said to Jay.

“Yes..” Jay replied.

Kyuhyun and Seohyun walked out from the room, leaving Yoona and Jay together.

“Hey, come on..” Yoona said and led Jay to the party.

“So Jay, how long have you been with her?”

“Uh.. Less than a month..”

She nodded. “You can eat or drink whatever you like here..” She offered him the dishes and drinks served. 

“Yes, Thank you..” He smiled.

Siwon was walking toward Yoona and Jay with some of his friends.

“Where did you go? I’m looking for you?” Siwon asked her.

“I just met Seohyun, but she is with Kyuhyun now.”

He nodded and looked at Jay, “Who?”

Jay bowed and answered, “I’m Jay Kim.”

“He is Seo’s friend.. He’s from another school and son of her father’s partner in orchestra.” Yoona explained.

“Really? So, would you mind if I invite you to play some instruments to entertain us?” Siwon asked.

“What!” Jay was surprised at what he just said.

“Your father was an orchestra musician, sure you must be great in music too.. Come on, it’s for my birthday..”

“But-“ Jay was about to refuse, but Siwon had already stood on the stage and announced about his performance. ‘Oh God! What should I do? I know nothing about music.’ He said in his mind. ‘Seohyun, you got me in trouble...’

Seohyun and Kyuhyun was standing near a swimming pool.

“When did you come back?” She asked.

“Yesterday... “ Kyuhyun then looked at her. “You look so beautiful tonight.” He said.

“Thanks.. Are you still with her?”

“No.. I can’t get over you.”

“Oh yeah? If you were not be able to forget me, you would choose me instead of her.”

“Seohyun..”

“You left me, you told me that you would be back. But, look at what you had done to me. You was cheating on me!” She snarled at him.

“Yes, I was wrong, It’s all my fault and I regret it. I’m sorry... I just realized it recently that you’re the one I love, so I came back. Didn’t you still love me?”

“I loved you, but it’s all in the past. You’re just my past. So, stop talking about this again.. “

“Seo-“

“Please, I had been enough with you.. Don’t said anything again about love, because it’s over.” With that words Seohyun left Kyuhyun behind and rushed to the party inside. She poured a bottle of wine into the glass till it fully filled, and drunk it at once. Then she looked at the stage. ‘Jay? What is he doing there?’ Her mind asked.

Jay was on the stage, sitting with the piano before him. All the eyes were staring at him. He didn’t really know what to do. ‘Remember something Jay, remember..’ He thought. It lasted for five minutes he had been there without doing something, and people started to shout to get him down. Jay was hearing their shout and he decided to play it in random tone that made the laughter from everyone. When his finger finally hit right tone, Jay started to remember the whole song he had ever heard, so he continued to play it. His fingers was playing the piano smoothly as it sound so melodious. Then, he started to sing along with his piano. Everyone became silent while their ears were listening to him. They were amazed by his voice that combined with his piano sound. When Jay finished his song, the loud applause was heard from everyone. Then he smiled to them. ’They give me applause.. It's amazing.. Yeah, I did it.’ Jay thought. He stepped down the stage and walked toward Siwon.

"Hope I didn't disappoint you." Jay said, tapping his shoulder.

“No. That was great.” Siwon gave him a praise. Jay smiled and walked to Seohyun.

"How did you do that?" Seohyun asked.

"I used my memories. I had ever heard it once, and I just replayed it."

"Once? It's awesome.." She said then looked at the watch. It was 2 hours left before Jay would be back to his angel form again. Beside that, she also didn’t want to stay any longer in that party because of Kyuhyun existence.

"Yoona, Siwon, I have to go now.. Thanks for the party.." She said to Yoona. “Seo, why is so hurry?” Yoona asked, then she answered, "I.. I just forget that I’ve something to do.”

“Let’s go Jay.." She grabbed Jay’s hand and took him out of the party.