Missing you

Love Afar

 

... Seohyun’s Apartment ...

Jay was sitting on the couch in front of the television set in Seohyun’s living room. He was watching at korean drama that showed a wedding scene.

“Human’s wedding.. They look so happy..” He said.

He turned the tv off by its remote then headed to Seohyun’s piano. He played it without mood. There was something bothering his mind, so he stopped playing and glanced at the mirror hanging on the wall beside him. When he could not see his reflection in the mirror, he thought something. ‘Human is getting married with human, but I’m not a human.’

Jay got up from his seat and stepped toward the door, leaving the apartment empty.

Inside the car, Seohyun was looking outside the window and didn’t say anything to Kyuhyun who was sitting beside her, driving his car.

“I heard that you’re sick?” Kyuhyun asked her.

“Yes, but I’m fine now..”

“About last time, I-“ He wanted to say but Seohyun cut his words.

“Let’s not talk about it. I don’t wanna bring it up again.” She said

“Seohyun..”

“When you’re gone, I missed you so much, but I didn’t know that you felt the same or not because you never called me. Then, you dated another girl and announced it in public instead of me. Since that time, I thought about myself.” She paused and continued, “I realized something.. I had so much lack that made me worthless to be with you, the super star... I didn’t want to be in pain again. So, I started to burry all my feeling for you..”

Kyuhyun couldn’t say a word. He stopped the car when they arrived at her apartment.

“I’m really sorry.. It’s all my fault.. I see that you hate me..” He finally said.

“I hate you, but I forgave you long ago. Because it was the only way for a future.” She said. “Thank you for taking me home..” She thanked him and got off from his car.

Kyuhyun rushed out of his car and met her, standing before her.

“I want to tell you that I just realize this feeling recently.. I love you Seohyun, and I regret for what I did..”

“It’s too late. If you still have that feeling for me, I can’t take it. I don’t love you anymore.. I’ve been having someone else in my heart.”

He frowned. “Who is he?”

“You don’t need to know who he is. He is just so kind and always beside me whenever I need.”

Kyuhyun was looking down, disappointed.

“Don’t be sad. I’m sure you’ll find another girl who loved you and she’ll be better than me.”

“Seohyun...” He called.

“Let’s just go back to where we belong... Friend?” She said with a smile as she extended her hand for him to take. Kyuhyun sighed in disappointment and took her hand.

Seohyun was about to leave when Kyuhyun suddenly put his arms around her, hugging her tightly.

“Kyuhyun.. What are you doing?” She urged to struggle.

“Just let me be... If I can’t have you back, please let me do this just for the last time.”

Seohyun said nothing and let him huged her.

From afar, Jay was standing to see they were hugging and he felt the sadness in his heart. Then, Jungmo’s words last time was coming into his mind.

“Why don’t you undertand? Now, if you could handle it by yourself, but what about her? What will her family and friends react if she loved a creature that they can’t even see and don’t know our existence. Jay, it really can’t be.. She and you are too different and can never make a family together. You have to forget her...”

Jay looked down, thinking about it over and over again. ‘Seohyun, you’re here but I feel that you’re far away.. Is it my greed to love you and hope we’ll be together?’ He thought. ‘It’s so hard for me to face the fact that we are different.’ He looked back at them once again before walked away.

“The stars are so beautiful, aren’t it?” Seohyun said while she and Jay was staring at the night sky on her apartment rooftop.

“Yes.. it’s so beautiful...” Jay agreed. “Seohyun?” He called.

“Hmm?” She looked at him.

Jay was thinking about the right words to say. “We can’t be together again...”

“What?” She was surprised.

“Don’t you feel it? It’s wrong from the start, we don’t right for each other.”

“What are you talking about?” She didn't understand.

“Seohyun, I can’t be here forever.. I have to come back.”

“When will you be back here?”

“I don’t know, maybe never..”

Seohyun startled. “D-do you mean that?”

He couldn’t look at her eyes so he just looked down and nodded, “Yes.”

“How.. how did you do this to me? You want to leave me alone when I start to love you?”

Jay looked at her. “Seohyun..”

“Is.. is it because of my illness?”

“It’s not that.”

“Then why?!”

“Here is not my world where I can stay. If we stay together it will be breaking the rule.. .. and it won't be good for us. That’s why I have to go..”

There was a silent for a while before Seohyun said, “Yes.. If you determine to leave, I will not stand in your way..” She tried hold her tears. “Just go.. We are not lover or anything, we’re just strangers.. So, I won’t beg you to stay..”

Jay only looked at her and couldn’t say a word. Deep in his heart, he felt hurt, so hurt till it’s hard to breath. This was the hardest part that he had to go through. Seohyun started to walked away, leaving him behind. Then she stopped her step and said without looking back, “I try to understand. I’ll be okay, even without you. Now, you can go.” The tears was rolling down her face as she run back to her apartment. Jay just stared running away till she was out of sight.

“I’m sorry.. I’m so sorry..” He said. “I know I hurt you.. But this is the best way for us.. Although I’m leaving you, but I think my love won’t...” He clutched his chest, feeling the pain in his heart.

It had been a week since he left the this world and Seohyun felt like she had lost something precious in her life. She was staring out of her window and recalling every moment with him. She couldn’t deny that she was missing him as his shadow didn’t want to leave her head. Then she looked at the teddy bear from Jay in her hand.

“Don’t you know that I love you? Why did you have to go?” She said to her bear. “You’re just the same with everyone who left me.”

“Please come back.. I need you..” She put it on her chest and began to cry.

There’s someone who knocked on her door. Seohyun erased the tears from her face and rushed to open it.

“Yoona?” She greeted her.

“Hi Seohyun.. I miss you.. “ Yoona huged her friend.

“It was just three day we didn’t meet and you missed me?” She said.

“Sure, for me the school was not the same without you.. Hey, are you crying?” She looked at Seohyun’s red eyes.

“No, I’m just sleepy. Let’s go in..” She said and closed the door.

“Seo.. Are you okay? You looked so pale and skinny.” Yoona said and sat on her couch.

“Really, I’m okay..”

“No. Don’t lie to me.. Just tell me, what happen?”

Seohyun formed a fake smile on her face, “Nothing happen.. I’m just not feeling well these days.. really..” She felt the pain on her stomach again and she hold it.

“Seohyun.. Let’s go to the doctor.. I’m worried about your condition..”

“I’m fi-“ She began to cough.

“Seohyun..” She rushed to her friend.

Seohyun's cough didn’t stop and there were something red on her hand.

“My God.. you are choughing blood. Come on Seo.. we have to go to the hospital..” She helped her to get up and headed to the hospital.

 

...  Angel’s World  ...

Jay was standing in the park and staring at the blue sky. He was missing someone he loved. He tooked out her silver medal and hold it tight. His feeling never left his heart as her face always came to his mind. ‘How are you, Seohyun? What are you doing now? Do you miss me? I miss you so much.’ He said in his mind.

When he was thinking about her, a bad feeling crossed in his mind. The urge in his heart to meet her was filling his head. ‘Why do I have a bad feeling?’ he thought. ‘I can’t take this anymore. I have to come back to see if she is okay.’ He put back his medal in his pocket and run to the world’s gate as fast as his legs could bring him to meet her.

 

...  Seoul Hospital ...

“How is she?” Seohyun’s mother asked Yoona when she and her husband came to the hospital room and found that her daughter was lying unconscious.

“Her cancer became worse, her chance of life is so small. If the operation is done, it won’t made any change. Now, all we could do just wait and pray for her. It’s the doctor said to me.” Yoona explained and looked at her best friend with her teary eyes.

“Seohyun is my only daughter... How do this happen to her?” She caressed her daughter head. “She is still young.. but she have to endure this kind of situation.. What do I have to do to save her life? I can’t just wait her to go.. I can’t...” She sobbed. Seohyun’s father put his hand on her wife’s shoulders, trying to calm her down. He was crying too in his heart to see his beloved daughter was in her critical condition.

“She never told me that her illness was so bad. She always said that she’s fine.. “ Yoona said as she erased her own tears.

“She like to be independent and mature.. It’s my sweety Seohyun..” Seohyun's mother said.

Behind the door of the room they were in, Jay was standing quietly and listening what they’re talking about. He took his hand off from the door knob and looked down. He could not believe that his love was in near death state and he was not beside her when she needed him. He felt so guilty for leaving her. “Seohyun.. Please forgive me..” he said as he looked inside the room. “If there’s anything to help you... I ...” He suddenly remembered something. “Yes, there is a way..” He said to himself before ran away from the hospital.