Thank You

Love Afar

 

... At The Way Home ...

“Hey Seohyun... Are you okay?” Jay asked Seohyun who was a few steps before him.

“Nee?  I’m okay...” She answered and continued, “Hey, I feel so great! Don’t you feel great too?”

Jay could only sigh at what she was babbling about. He was watching her who was walking stagger along the way. “Be careful.” He reminded her, but she only giggled and replied, “Why...? Do you think I am drunk huh? I’m not drunk.”

Right  after she said that words, what Jay’s worried about became true. He quickly run to held her arm when she tread on uneven ground, but his wrong movement and her weight made him losing his balance that caused them fell together onto the ground. Jay was on top of Seohyun.

They were face to face. Their eyes were staring at each other. There was a long silent between them while they were in this position.

“Are you okay?” Jay finally broke the silent.

“... I’m fine ...” She said and looked at his face carefully.

Jay felt his cheeks so warm to see her face this close. He was about to turn his face, but she used her hands to hold his head in place and looked him right into his eyes. This was more than enough to make him blush.

“Jay Oppa??” She called him.

“Oppa?” Jay asked

“Do you know that you have the most gorgeous eyes I’ve ever seen... Aaa you look handsome too...“ She said as she continued staring at him. “Hey.. Why is  your cheeks so red?” She said when she was seeing a tint of red on his cheeks.

“What?! No, I’m not.” Jay denied. He couldn’t take this position anymore . “You’re really drunk.” He said as he released her hands from him and got up from her.

Jay helped Seohyun getting to her feet then squatted. “Get on.”

She looked hesitant when he was offering his back.

 “If you keep walking like that we’ll never get into your house by midnight. Hurry up.. My time is running out.” He said. 

Seohyun sighed and got onto his back. “You’re so kind...” She said as he carried her up.

“Ah... This feels good...” She said it with moving her body to the left and to the right.

“Stay still, will you? You’re heavy..” He told her.

“Hey, Oppa! You sing soooo well... You can be a great singer, you know?” She said.

“Seohyun.. you had me fooled all this time. I thought you were skinny, but what are you hiding under your clothes?”

Without his he noticed, Seohyun grabbed his hair, pulling it tightly. It made him groaning in pain.

“Okay.. Okay... I’m sorry... That hurts..” He begged her to release his hair.

“That’s my boy..” She said as she got her hands off and put her arms around his neck.

 

... Seohyun’s Apartment ...

Jay lied down the sleeping Seohyun on her bed,  took her shoes off and covered her body with blanket. He smiled to see her face while sleeping, she looked so innocent. Then, he stretched his back.

“Ah.. My back feels so painful.. “ He said as he leaving her, and headed to the living room. He sat on the couch then lied his body on it, closing his eyes to go to the dream world.

One hour later, Jay was opening his eyes and sat up on the couch. “I can’t sleep..” He said. All over his head was filled by Seohyun. He looked at his silver medal then glanced to her room and smiled by himself. He didn’t know why, he just felt very happy this time. He put back his medal to his pocket and got up from the couch. “I think, I need fresh air.” He said it as he walking out from her apartment.

Jay walking alone near Seohyun’s apartment with his eyes staring at the ground when someone stood in his way. He raised up his head to see someone he knew well.

“Jungmo? What are you doing here?” Jay asked him.

“We need to talk, Jay.” He said.

Jay and Jungmo sat on the bench of the park nearby. Jay was curious about what he want to talk about. If he guessed it would be something important that related to his world.

“Why don’t you come back?” Jungmo started the conversation.

“I feel comfort here..” Jay answered.

“But this is not your world, there must be another reason.”

Jay kept silent, he didn’t know how to answer that question.

“Don’t say that you have afeeling to one of this humans.” Jungmo guessed.

Jay sighed and said, “... Yeah.. I think I have that human feeling. I don’t know what it is. I just felt the peace and happiness whenever I’m with her. Maybe that’s why I wanna stay more longer here.”

“You can’t be..”

“Yes.. I love her.”

“You’d already known that your love is prohibited. Human and angel can’t ever be together. It’s the rule. Leave her and come back..”

“I can’t.”

“Jay!” Jungmo couldn’t believe he said that. “It’s a matter of time. When the guardian angel found out that you’re here and create a relationship with human, they will bring you back, even by force.” He explained.

Jungmo looked at Jay who was thinking about what he just said and continued, “Why don’t you undertand? Now, if you could handle it by yourself, but what about her? What will her family and friends react if she loved a creature that they can’t even see and don’t know our existence. Jay, it really can’t be.. She and you are too different and can never make a family together. You have to forget her...”

 “Do you think it’s easy for me? I had been with her all this time and you just told me to get over her. You don’t have this kind of feeling so you could say that easily..” Jay raised his voice a little bit when he said this. Then he paused for moment.

“Just give me more time..” Jay said as he got up from his seat. He was about to leave when Jungmo said, “I just want you to think about it. As your best friend, sure I don’t want anything harm you.”

“Thank you...” Jay replied him without looking back and walked away in the dark night.

It was 6.30 in the morning when Jay came to Seohyun’s apartment and he was jolted up by her voice.

“Where did you go? You didn’t sleep here last night? ” She asked from the kitchen.

“Uh...” He was confused about the reason he had to say. “No.. I.. I just walked around to get the morning air.. It’s so refreshing.” He lied.

“Really?”

“Yes.. Hey.. Are you feeling all right? You look so pale..” he asked and walked closer her.

“I’m just not feeling well. I will be alright.. “ She said, put down a glass of water on table. Then she holding her left stomach as she groan in pain.

“Seohyun, you are sick.. “ Jay was worried and hold her to prevent her from falling. “Seohyun.. Is it hurt again?”

“It’s...really... hurt..” She tried to hold the pain but she couldn’t this time, then she passed out.

“Seohyun.. Seohyun... Can you hear me? Seohyun?” He called her and he tapped her cheek, but there’s no answer.

“What should I do now? Please, hold on Seohyun...”Jay carried her into her room and lied her down on the bed.

Jay put his hand on her forehead and felt the hot temperature, then he run to get a large bowl of water and and small hand towel. He put the towel in the water and twisted it, putting it on her forehead.

“Now, what am i going to do next?” He was thinking about something. “The doctor, I should get the doctor here, but how?”

He looked at Seohyun’s phone on the table and took it. “She ever used this to call someone, but how to use this? I don’t really know..” He said as he put it back on its place.

Then, Jay thought about become a human again, because it was the only way to bring the doctor here. ‘This time, It won’t last longer to be a human because I had overused it last night, but I should try it. If I can fly, it will be faster to reach the doctor. But, unfortunately, I can’t fly.’  He thought.

Jay closed his eyes and focused his energy to transform as human. After he did that, he looked at Seohyun. “Hold on, I’ll be right back.” He said to her and run as fast as he could to get the doctor nearby.

The doctor had finished checking up on Seohyun as he removed the stethoscope from his ears. Jay was standing there, waiting patiently.

“How is she?” Jay asked the doctor.

“She is having a relapse that caused by her cancer. Did she eat or do anything that she shouldn’t?” The doctor asked.

“Eat? I think she had eaten the right food these time, but last night she was drunk.”

“Ah.. That is it. Don’t ever let her get drunk again. The alchohol could make it worse. Tell her to drink her medicine regularly. She will awake after her fever is gone.”

“Yes, sure.”

“You better take care of her. I’m leaving then.” The doctor said and tapped Jay’s shoulder before leaving them alone.

“Yes.. Thank you..” Jay thanked him.

Jay was feeling so tired and weak after he had drained all of his energy to be a human. He sat on the chair next to her bad when he felt his body couldn’t stand any longer. He reached Seohyun’s hand and hold it. “Get better soon Seohyun..” He said it as he rested his head on her bed, quickly falling into the deep sleep.

Seohyun slowly opened her eyes and looked at her surrounding. She touched the towel on her forehead then looked at the sleeping Jay who was holding her hand. She formed a small smile on her face. “Thank you..” She said to him and caressed his hair gently.

Seohyun was eating her dinner she made by herself. It were roasted and baked potato with some vegetables. She then stared out the window, remembering what Jay had done to her today. He really cared to her and she was glad with it. She heard someone walking to her, so she turned her head to see Jay coming out from her bedroom.

“I thought you won’t wake up.” She .

“Huh? I’m just so tired.” He answered with rubbing the back of his head.

She looked at the clock and said, “You’ve been sleeping for more than 10 hours.”

“Really?” Jay couldn’t believe that he had slept for that long. “Uhm.. How are you feeling now?” He asked.

“I feel better.. Don’t worry..” She answered.

He sighed in relief and said, “Glad to hear that. You had made me afraid, you know .. “

Seohyun just smiled at him and cleaned up after she had done eating. She walked closer to Jay and kissed Jay’s cheek quickly. “Thanks for today.. You’re the true angel..” She said and rushed to her room. Jay widened his eyes as he touched his cheek. He was surprised that she had kissed him. Then he looked at her closed door and smiled.

 

...  SM Art School  ...

The next day, Seohyun and Yoona was walking together along the hall after they finished their last class.

“You had been absent the class for two days. Did you get sick again?” Yoona asked her friend.

“Yes.. But I am all right now.. Don’t worry..” Seohyun said with smile.

“You often got sick these days.. You have to take care of yourself..”

“I know, Yoona.. I just need some rest, then I’ll get better..” She said.

When they were out of the hall, someone was coming closer to them and standing before them. Both Yoona and Seohyun stopped their way to see him.

“Kyuhyun?” Seohyun said his name.

“Let me take you home.. I have something to talk with you.. ” He asked her.