BUSINESS LOVE AFFAIR: CHAPTER 4

BUSINESS LOVE AFFAIR

          In the living room of Alex's London mansion, Seoul lifted the phone and started dialling their mother's private number. "Yoboseyo. omma. This is Seoul." she said.

          "I saw your interview today." her mother chided.

          "Mianhamnida, omma." she apologized.

          "Seoul-ah, you don't have to ask for an apology. One way or the other you'll have to do it. And, I'm proud of you for braving the interview.

          She fell silent with her mother's reassuring words. "Is it really okay to come home?"

          "Your father and I have talked about it. We'll try as hard as possible to keep you safe while you are here. Myossie hubal hamnikka? (What time is your departure?"

          "Oh, 7pm on Friday omoni." she answered. That will be 3 days from today.

          "Is that so? Your brother hasn't called yet to inform us of your plans."

          "Ye. He's been busy these past few weeks giving out instructions to his employees."

          "Alket sumnida (I understand). Tell him to call us. Have you packed your things?

          "Ah. ne! I will tell him omoni. My things had been packed since last week." Seoul laughed heartily.

          "Have your other things sent first. Leave a couple of bags for the both of you so the press and the people coming to the airport won't think anything suspicious. I've instructed secretary Choi to look after the things you need."

          As always, he mother keeps things organized ahead of time. "Omoni, kamsahamnida."

          "Chonmaneyo. Julgoun yohaeng-ul haseyo (Have a safe trip).

          "Kot poepket sumnida (see you soon), omoni." came Seoul's answer before placing back the phone into it's cradle.

          "Is everything okay?" suddenly came the voice from the doorway.

          Seoul lifted her gaze to the direction of the voice. "Yes. I called mom. She wanted me to tell you that you need to inform them of our plans."

          Alex chuckled and said, "Mwal kokchong hashimnika? (What are you worried about?)"

          She made a face with his brother's remark. "Oppa, Igosun olchi anssumnida (This is not right). 

          Alex proceeded tot he mini bar and got himself a brandy. "What would you like?"

          "Gin tonic, please. Dry."

          "I asked the same question to myself." Alex said referring to his first previous question.

          "And?"

          And I always end up with the answer that there will come a time that we need to go back to Korea. We can't let fear try and dictate our decisions. I've decided myself to leave London for awhile."

          "Eh??!! You mean you'll be stying in Korea for the most part?" she asked in surprise and gestured towards the bar counter.

          Alex nodded. "What do you think?"

          "I think, " she searched for the right words. "I think, we're intentionally and officially offering ourselves to the hungry lions." she teased.

          His brother reached out and ruffled her hair, something he's been doing since they were kids. "Ya, oppa!" Am I a daog?" she faked a protest.

          "Funny" Alex returned, rolling his eyes.

          "Wait until father hears about this." Seoul paused mid-sip. "He'll surely let you take over the company."

          Alex lifted the glass to his lips and emptied it. A second later, he found himself making a conference call to the entire family. They will have to spend the rest of the day and mostly tonight for their unpredictable agenda.

 

 

Friday

5:00 PM

 

          Park Yoochun didn't think there was any job in the world more boring than keeping business books, and he'd been doing their family's chain of world class restaurants' accounting long enough to want to do something he always wanted - Singing. Pushing out of his chair, he circled the desk to the corner of the room, where his personal refrigerator is located ad got himself a can of soda. Grabbing a file from the nearby cabinet and returning to his chair, he forced himself to focus on his work.

          A knock on his door stopped him from doing more with the folder than setting it on his desk. "Duro oseyo! (Come in!)"

          Shillyehamnida (excuse me), Director. You have a call from Ms. Lee in line one." She said it's an emergency. Will you be taking the call?"

          Yoochun frowned. Had there been a problem? "I'll take it. Thank you Ms. Cho." he said quickly, tilting his head and offering his secretary an endearing smile before ther latter closed the door to his office. His charm surely isn't working on her. She seems to be reserved and formal around him. 

          Too serious. NOT MY TYPE. 

          Lifting the telephone, "Seoul, it's Yoochun."

          "Oppa! Are you busy? Or do I have to call back later?" came the questions from the other line.

          "Aneyo. I was just going over some papers. Have you checked in?"

          "Yup. Our plane leaves at exactly 7pm," Seoul went silent for a moment. "Father coordinated with my agency and arranged for my ride so you don''t have to pick us up at the airport. Will you still be coming?"

          "What kind of question was that?" he asked.

          "I'm just worried. We'll be making headlines tomorrow if they see us together and getting along well."

          He laughed. "You don't have to worry much about that. You'll boost our career when the media makes a big deal about us." Yoochun leaned back in his chair giving out a light laugh.

          "Choayo. In exchange for that favor, you owe me a V.I.P. ticket on your major concert. Arraso?" demanded Seoul.

          Yoochun hooted with her statement. "Don't worry. I can afford a V.I.P. ticket. I'm rich remember? By the way, I'll see at the Rose tomorrow for breakfast. Make sure you get enough rest during your flight."

          "Which reminds me, how are you and your secretary?"

          "Do I look good enough to want other girls want me?" came the answer to her question. Yoochun raked his fingers through his hair. "My charm isn't working on my secretary. She acts like she's allergic to good-looking men. She's very formal around the guys too."

          "Can you last another day? Tell me about that when I get there."

          A day of having to figure out what's wrong with him wouldn't hurt. He'll just have to distract himself with all the office work to get the thoughts of his mind. And speaking of thoughts, did he hear that she mentioned "us"? Or was he thinking too much that he's making out words? "Going back, did I hear you say us?"

          "Ya, oppa! Gather your wits." Seoul snapped from the other line. "Yes "us". Alex is coming with us to breakfast."

          "Wait! Wait! I don't getit. He'll be on the same flight to Korea with you." he said more of a statement rather than a question.

          "Yup."

          "Aish! Why wasn't I informed?!" he asked irritatingly

          "Beacuse 3 days ago you were too busy recording, photoshoots and interviews. We did an unannounced conference call to almost everybody. So they basically know everything. Except you, of course"

          "And you didn't leave me a message in my voicemail!" he exclaimed.

          Outside of the office, Ye-Eun Cho, Yoochun's secretary didn't particularly care what his boss do with his own company. She damn well know what a good businessman Director Park is. He's disciplined, dedicated and passionate of his work despite being an idol. Company problems were dealt in an elegant manner. She never heard her boss raised his voice even in a compromising situation.

          Ye-Eun knows what a great deal of self-control the director possessess. And hearing him almost screaming on the telephone surprised her. She received a call from Seoul Lee. She never doubted, not even a second, that the person on the other line is the London-based Korean supermodel. She knew too well that her boss has his connections. Him knowing Seoul Lee is not impossible. But Yoochun Park raising his voice or rather screaming is entirely different.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Comments? Suggestions?

I'd love to hear from you guys! Let me know what you think.

And Thank you  for taking the time to read my story.