BUSINESS LOVE AFFAIR: CHAPTER 2

BUSINESS LOVE AFFAIR

          "Stop right there guys," uttered their producer from the otehr side of the recording studio.

          "I'm sorry. This is all my fault." Jaejoong paused then added, "Can you please give me a couple of minutes?"

          What was wrong with his head? This wasn't like him, disoriented, careless. He was making stupid mistakes and it had to stop. Now!

          "Take the rest of the afternoon guys. I know how hard you've been working lately. I'll see you tomorrow to continue with the recording," the producer said dismissively.

          "Mianhamnida." Jaejoong shook his head in self-dismay.

          "Hyung, spill the beans," Junsu started and followed Yoochun outside the building who gestured towards the passenger's side with Junsu, Jaejoong behind the wheel. "I'm gusiing that this is all about the crap you hated talking?" continued Yoochun.

          "I didn't come here to talk about my father!."

          "Whoa! Watch out for that temper." Yoochun returned with a hint of smile.

          Jaejoong wasn't exactly comfortable with this conversation and blew out a breath. "Do you agree with arranged marriages?"

          Junsu raised his eyebrows but didn't say anything, just listened. "So, you haven't moved on. Did you even bother knowing the lady your father was trying to set you up with?" prompted Yoochun.

          "No and never will."

          "That's what makes it weird," Junsu said suddenly from behind. "Hyung, you made a big fuss over it. You're not marrying yet. And trust me, if you didn't go against President Kim, you'll definitely have more time to enjoy tahn you'll ever imagine." Junsu gave a bark of laughter that earned him a slap on his head and shoulders.

          "You rascal!" exclaimed Yoochun.

          "Ah, Yoochun-hyung, that reminds me. Are you still seeing that temptingly hot supermodel I've seen in one of the framed photos in your office?"

          Yoochun gave a puzzled look, not sure who Junsu was trying to make him remember. "Nugu? (Who?)"

          He heard Junsu made an I-don't-believe-this kind of sound, "The girl wearing that red low back dress with your hand splayed on her hips. That girl, the one with a lustful billboard ad displayed in the streets of Seoul."

          Ah, Seoul.  Yoochun said to himself. "We haven't seen each other in a while. She's based in London," answered matter of factly.

          "Is she the Korean-Japanese supermodel you were referring? What's her name again? I sure did read something about her from a fashion magazine Junsus's sister was reading the other day." uttered Jaejoong without warning.

          Yoochun filled them both with her name. "Seoul Lee."

          "Yeah. Seoul Lee. Named after her mother's favorite city. A 10 page feature spread. Impressive. And she's got that disarmingly soft brown eyes. By the way, the beauty shot was my favorite."

          "Hyung, seriously? All the shots were my favorite." Junsu countered.

          "Junsu, are you sure you've seen it?" Yoochun asked with his tell-me-the-truth-or-I'll-strangle-you look.

          "Hyung! Don't you believe this face? But okay, I don't think I'm believable either. No, I haven't seen it. I didn't know that my sister got a copy of it either." said Junsu in surrender.

          "I wasn't aware that the two of you are digging her." Yoochun said to both Jaejoong and Junsu.

          Jaejoong stopped the car right in front of their favorite restaurant owned by Yoochun's family and sitted themselves at the place where the three of them can monopolize the television mounted high in the corner. After placing their orders, a news clip caught all their attention.

 

          Korean-Japanese supermodel, Seoul Lee to permanently leave her London fashion career. Everybody's talking but only the supermodel herself can confirm or clear speculations. Stay tuned for her live on-screen interview. We'll be right back after the break.

 

          Yoochun strode towards the bar at the end of the room, and headed back to their table with three goblets of red wine. Setting his glass right to the middle, he settled himself comfortably into the cushioned cahir and propped his elbow onto the table and painstakingly waited for the interview. After a couple of advertisements, the show came back with the camera focusing on Seoul's profile. He noticed Jaejoong swallowed hard and Junsu gaping.

 

          "Ms. Lee, tahnk you for giving us the opportunity to interview you regarding this viral news. The fashion world has been talking in confidence that you are retiring as a model and would want to put up and manage your own business. What was shocking is, in Korea." the reported started.

          "Hello Cardin. It's my pleasure," Seoul said easily, extending the reporter a friendly smile." For one, I'd like to clear the rumor about me retiring. No, I'm not. I am immensely enjoying my job and there is no truth in leaving my fashion career. I am however, decided, to stay in Korea but will still be working with a few chosen international designers whom I've worked for in the past and helped me be where I am now." answered Seoul simultaneously.

          "Would that mean catwalks and photoshoot?"

          "Yes and some commercial ads for that matter."

          "From our researches, Korean fashion designers when they learned of this, sent you e-mails, SMS and called your agency to ask whether you can be part of their runway shows. Is this true?"

          Seoul smothered a laugh. While there was truth to it, she couldn't possibly be talking about who she said yes to. Before answering, she offered another endearing smile. "Yes, they actually did but I'd like to keep this private and not talk about it until my agency is able to straighten transactions. I hope you understand."

          "Absolutely. So, this gives me the opportunity to ask, of all places, why Korea?"

          "It's been a while since I last set foot in Korea. It's been almost a decade and I think it would be proper for me to pay tribute to the country that inspired me to be who I am right now and be wth the people I am truly indebted to. They made everything possible for me. I am turning 25 soon and I'd like to experience other things."

          "Then we'll be seeing more of you in another perspective." agreed the reporter. "With a 10 page feature spread in Vogue, it never mentioned of any boiling romance with the people you worked with. No designer, photographer, director or even male models were mentioned. We know that you've got alot of admirers and some are just shy to make a move on you and some we know are trying to get in touch, are you exclusively dating or in a relationshop right now?"

          All right, this is it. Either she weaves a perfect lie or tell the truth. She hasn't been  particularly dating for the past few months since her father mentioned of her supposed marriage to one of his colleague's son. "Am I to answer it or do I have the choice to decline?" Seoul said in a light manner.

          "I guess alot of people are watching this right now and would want to hear your answer," the reported said. "But before Ms. Lee reveals her true status, make sure to stay tuned in as we pause for a break."

          Jaejoong on the otherhand, gave a sigh of disbelief. "Of course, she's in a relationship! But most model's would say they're not, to save themselves from the unending attention of the media."