Chapter 5

Buying Miss Jung

 

 

 

 

Jessica was dumbfounded by what Donghae has confessed to her. She wanted to walk but she couldn’t, the moment she gazed upon Donghae’s sorry and embarrassed face, she just couldn’t.

 

“Buy me?” Jessica said trying to argue out and to keep herself from walking away. “What do you mean buy me?”

 

“I’m sorry if I have offended you with what I have said Miss Jung but my reason is beyond irrational as to how I see it now than how I did before.” Donghae tried to explain.

 

“You are such a complicated man Donghae, If I didn’t knew you any better I would have thought that your some kind of erted young man who thinks he can buy women just like that.”

 

Donghae looks at Jessica as she tries to explain her side to him after hearing what he had to say. After Jessica finishes her sentence an eerie silence started to creep in between the 2 of them. Now both were out of words to say and all they can hear were the rushing sound of waves from the ocean. Donghae turns around to face the sea and slowly sits down on the sand but still saying no words to Jessica. Jessica, annoyed with Donghae finally walks past through his back and goes back to the room they were using.

 

The lonely brush of the breeze runs through Donghae’s hair as he silently sits to think to himself.

 

“I have never been so wrong my whole life. What have you done to me Jessica, what have you done.”

 

 

 

**********

 

 

Morning hits Jessica the next day as she wakes up from a dream she has never expected she would have dreamt of. She immediately sits up on her bed and notices Donghae’s empty bed which looks like it was untouched since yesterday night. Jessica walks out of the door and then searches out on the vast shore to look for him but in her dismay she found no one. She walks down the tiny brick road from her cabin and finds herself standing in a big hall that looked like a restaurant and a place where people would inquire important details at the same time. A young familiar man suddenly approaches her and greets her.

 

“Good morning ma’am…” the young man voiced out as he walks towards her.

 

Jessica turns around and sees that it was Kai and bows down to him. “Oh it’s you, Good morning Kai.” Jessica politely said and smiles.

 

“Are you looking for Mr. Lee?”

 

“Yes, have you seen him?”

 

Kai slowly walks inside the bar and started to get busy preparing things out. “Well, he told me to keep you company for a while before he left…”

 

“He left? Where’d He go? Is he leaving me here?” Jessica interrupted and Panicked as she looks around.

 

“No of course, he just went somewhere. He said he will be back.”

 

“He really said that?”

 

“Yes, ma’am… now, what shall I cook you for breakfast?” Kai smiled and passed out a menu to her.

 

 

 

*********

 

 

 

Jessica goes back into her cabin after she was done eating her breakfast a little while ago. As she reached her bed she immediately lies down in it facing the ceiling with her thoughts lingering to the piece of information about Donghae she got from talking to Kai.

 

“I never knew his life was that miserable…”

 

Suddenly, Jessica phone started to ring out of nowhere. As she checks for what it was and who it was, she finds out that Jonghyun has emailed her. Jessica then furrows her eyebrows as she reads it.

 

 

January 22, 2013 9:46 AM

From: Kim Jonghyun

To: Jessica Jung

Title: Apology

 

Hey Sica where are you now? Can we talk? I want to explain what happened last night. Please email me back.

 

------

 

January 22, 2013 9:50 AM

From: Jessica Jung

To: Kim Jonghyun

Title: Away

 

I’m not in any place that can be easily found right now and I’m enjoying it here. There’s nothing to explain to me anyways.

 

------

 

January22, 2013 10:01 AM

From: Kim Jonghyun

To: Jessica Jung

Title: I’m Confused

 

I don’t get you, weren’t you mad at me yesterday night because I left you alone in the bar?

 

------

 

“What the hell…” Jessica whispered to herself as she reads Jonghyun’s email to her. “After seeing you kissed Se Kyung last night, you send me a ing email about me getting mad because you left me alone in the bar? WHY ARE YOU SO NAÏVE?!” Jessica exclaims and shuts her phone down.

 

She immediately tried to calm herself down to slowly forget her anger. As the breeze passes through the open windows in the room and the sound of the rushing waves from the ocean come in, Jessica then finds herself indulging into her own world and goes to sleeps.

 

 

 

**********

 

 

 

Jessica walks around the beach alone and on barefoot. Her hair freely flowing along with the winds and her feet soaked in the sea water. She strides gracefully under the bright sun and enjoys the peace she is attaining at the moment.

 

“You look really beautiful Miss Jung.”

 

As Jessica turns around she sees an indistinguishable figure of a man walking towards her closer and closer every step of the way. As the indistinguishable man reaches her, the man grabs her on the waist, pulls her towards him and gives her a soothing and warm kiss. Jessica closes her eyes as the man’s lips were touching hers but at the moment when the 2 separated she opens them back and sees Jonghyun smiling at him, Alas, Jessica wakes up to the real world and realizes that it was all just a dream.

 

She bounces up from lying on her back and sits up on the side bed. As she immediately did, she then sees Donghae sitting on the other bed just right in front of her.

 

“Good morning beautiful.” Donghae said and shows a rather gentle smile to Jessica.

 

“Were you here all this time?” Jessica asked and tried to compose herself as she was now in complete consciousness.

 

“Not really, I saw you sleeping when I got back so I kind of sat down and waited. Your phone was ringing a gazillion of times though, you might have been woken up by that.” Donhae explains to the wandering Jessica as he crosses his legs.

 

Donghae then reaches over the phone that he placed on the cabinet beside the beds and gave it to Jessica. As she checks her phone she sees 5 unopened messages, all from Jonghyun.

 

 

January 22, 2013 10:05 AM

From: Kim Jonghyun

To: Jung Jessica

Title: You There?

 

:(

 

------

 

January 22, 2013 10:20 AM

From: Kim Jonghyun

To: Jung Jessica

Title: You There?

 

Ey, come on :(

 

------

 

January 22, 2013 10:34 AM

From: Kim Jonghyun

To: Jung Jessica

Title: You There?

 

Miss Jung, please don’t do this to me can we talk?

T^T

 

------

 

“Tsk…” Jessica thought to herself as she reads the 3rd email she got.

 

January 22, 2013 10:46 AM

From: Kim Jonghyun

To: Jung Jessica

Title: You There?

 

Miss Jung?

T^T

 

------

 

January 22, 2013 11:00 AM

From: Kim Jonghyun

To: Jung Jessica

Title: You There?

 

:<

 

------

 

Jessica, out of total annoyance slams her phone shut again and throws it unto one of her pillows and sighs heavily. Donghae raises his right brow and wandered.

 

“What was that reaction fall about, Miss Jung? It was intense…” Donghae asked and flashed a ghost of a smirk in his face as he stares at her.

 

“Nothing. Nothing at all.” Jessica answered, crossed both her arms and legs and looked away. Jessica was trying not to direct eye contact with Donghae who was closely gazing on her.

 

“Terrible…”

 

Jessica furrows her eyebrows and rolls her eyes to the corner where Donghae is sitting down.

 

“Liar…”

 

“Oh Come ON!” Jessica exclaims and confronts the ever teasing Donghae

 

“What?” Donghae asks gently as he ggigles.

 

“Why do you always call me a terrible liar?”

 

“Because you are…”

 

“HEY YOU’RE UNFAIR!!!” Jessica shrieks and stands up. She points out a finger on Donghae and looks down on him.

 

“Why Am I Unfair?” Donghae innocently said as he looks up at Jessica like a puppy staring at his owner.

 

“Because you never gave me a chance…”

 

“A chance to what exactly?”

 

“To make me call you the Terrible Liar…” Jessica tones her voice down and stares at him closely.

 

Donghae slowly stands up right in front of her and now they were in the middle of the beds in which they were once seated on. As Donghae stood up Jessica tried to move backwards but as she did she almost tripped, good thing Donghae was there to catch her immediately. Jessica holds on to Donghae’s strong biceps for support as they freeze in the almost falling position. Donghae gazes closely at Jessica and fortunately Jessica reciprocates his gaze. Then slowly, Donghae moves closer and closer and closer to Jessica’s face at the moment when Donghae reaches his nearest, Jessica immediately closes her eyes like how every girl in an awkward romatic kissing scenes would, but after quite some time nothing happened. Instead of kissing Jessica directly in the lips he kisses her in the forehead and backs her up. Jessica wanders as to why Donghae did not continue kissing her when he already had a clear chance.

 

“Why didn’t you?” Jessica asks as she watches Donghae move out to the door.

 

“I respect you and I’d be kissing your forehead whenever I want to Miss Jung, but if I’ll have to kiss those lips of yours I shall first make you mine. Now come outside there’s people who wants to be with you.” Donghae said and walks out.

 

“Seriously?.” She thought to herself.

 

Jessica smiles as she tries to comprehend what he was saying and follows him out. As she did she then sees Hyoyeon and Yuri running towards her.

 

“Sicaaaaaaaa~”

 

 

 

**********

 

 

 

Donghae left earlier when Jessica was asleep and went out to look for Yuri and Hyoyeon, Jessica’s beloved Friends. He asked a couple of his classmates as to where the 2 could be found and they didn’t failed him. It was a good thing that when he did found them both were together already as they were just done with their early morning weekend jogging sessions. Donghae asks them both to get in the car and drove off.

 

“So where are we going? And how did you get to know Jessica?” Hyoyeon asked asshe tries to wipe sweat out of her forehead.

 

“Jessica’s a classmate…”

 

“Is that it?” Yuri asks and does the same actions as Hyo.

 

“Well technically speaking yes, we’re just classmates, it just so happens that yesterday she spent the whole night in one of our family’s resorts.”

 

“REALLY?!” Hyoyeon and Yuri exclaimed at the backseat.

 

“Don’t get me wrong but your friend needed to be away somehow last night so I took her there. I just wanted to help… “ Donghae explained calmly.

 

Hyoyeon and Yuri turned their heads towards each other and smirked, and then they looked back at Donghae who was driving.

 

“So are you guys dating? Like why were you out the other night?” Yuri asked in a teasing tone.

 

“Well, Jessica had a gig in the bar I was in last night. I really didn’t know what happened but I saw her moving out and crying…”

 

“Why was she crying?” Yul and Hyo asked.

 

“You’re both her friends we all know you know.” Donghae said and smiles to the both of them through the front mirror.

 

Yul and Hyo were silenced by Donghae’s answer and follow up gentle smile. So both silently laid there back down on the seat and started to look at the amazing view that was once very black at night.

 

“Jessica loves scenes like this…” Hyoyeon said as she leans her head towards the right side of the car’s window to see the vast blue ocean.

 

“Brings out her happy…” Yul added as she leaned towards the same window as Hyoyeon.

 

Donghae smiles as he hears the 2 and carefully continues to drive.

 

 

 

**********

 

 

 

Eunhyuk, 1 of Donghae’s closest friends has arrived on the beach earlier than him. He was called by Donghae after he left and immediately went there without further notices.

 

Eunhyuk walks in and sees Kai cleaning the bar where Jessica ate a while ago. He strides in with his shades on while he holds his bag down looking frustrated.

 

“Ah…” He said as he sits down one of the stools in front of the bar.

 

“Oh sir, what a surprise!” Kai exclaimed as he stops from wiping to talk to Eunhyuk.

 

“When will you ever stop addressing me as sir and just call me hyung?” He said.

 

“Donghae-hyung told me the same thing, ahahaha~ I’m sorry but you two have given so much opportunity to me I feel like I’m obliged to say such honorifics to you both.”

 

Eunhyuk wears out his glasses and places his bag on the bar in an assertive manner.

 

“Are you kidding me right now? Your hyungs are always here to help you and you don’t have to look at yourself like that just to pay the debt of gratitude you owe us. Your service here is suffice, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t take you as our little brother.”

 

Kai smiles and continues to wipe. “You two are complicated, hyung.”

 

 

 

*********

 

 

 

As Donghae, Yuri and Hyoyeon arrived at the resort, they immediately spotted Eunhyuk who was drinking a blue margarita in the bar while he was talking to Kai who was still tidying up. Donghae walks in quickly as he tries to surprise Eunhyuk but Eunhyuk immediately notices him.

 

“Donghae-ssi! When will you ever learn that you can never surprise me?” Eunhyuk said ashe puts down his margarita and ruffles Donghae’s hair until it was a mess. Donghae laughsalong with him and hugs him.

 

As Eunhyuk hugs Donghae, Eunhyuk notices the sheer blonde girl standing behind him wearing and stares at her even after their hug. Donghae follows his gaze and shows a ghost of a smile on his face.

 

“Eunhyuk, this is Hyoyeon and Yuri. Yuri and Hyoyeon, this is my childhood friend Eunhyuk.”

 

Eunhyuk stretched his arms out First to Yuri and then to Hyoyeon who he still gazes upon intensely. No words came out from Eunhyuk’s mouth as he was mesmerized by her stunning and cute look.

 

“Such beautiful things to see at a time like this eh.”

 

Hyoyeon awkwardly smiles back at him and looked away. As she did, she notices that Donghae was already gone. He searched around but wasn’t able to find him.

 

“Where’s the other guy?” she asks Yuri who was also looking for Donghae.

 

“I don’t know either.”

 

“He probably went out to get some fresh air. Why don’t we have a drink here then?” Eunyhyuk asked.

 

“Well I would love to try some of the best drinks here for free, what do you think yul?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“Its fine, you 2 can drink her and I’ll go and look for Jessica, would that be fine?” she answered.

 

“Well that’s cool, I’ll just have my friend here entertain me, am I right Eunhyuk-oppa?”

 

“You’re warming yourself up to me, that’s good, that’s good.” Eunhyuk smiles.

 

Yul walks out the stone path outside the hall and into the beach. “Have fun, You 2.” Yul said as she stretches right arm up and waves her good bye.

 

“You too,Yul…” Hyoyeon shouted back for reply and then turns around to where Eunhyuk was sitting and still looking at her and smiles back at him ily “Now, where were we?”

 

 

 

 

 

T.B.C