Chapter 1

Buying Miss Jung

 

 

“Jessica~ Jessica~ wake up. School is up; it’s already 6:30 AM you’re going to be late again.” A soft masculine voice calls her up from her deep sleep.

 

Jessica rolls around to the side and covers her face with a pink octopus plushie she always have beside her when she sleeps. After some time of dozing off she suddenly feels a warm hug from behind her which made her giggle like a little girl. With all force, the guy from behind held her tight and pulled her up making her sit up.

 

“There you go, Jessica…” the guy said and walked out of bed. “Now fix yourself up and I’ll send you to school.”

 

Jessica’s eyes were now half open. Half, all ready to see the striking light that is coming inside from the windows and the other half ready to go back to bed again. She rubs her hand against her brilliantly messed up princess like hair and was about to crash down to where the soft pillows were but a hand grabbed her by the shoulders and forced her to get off the bed. Now Jessica was standing away from her bed with her eyes dopily opened as she stared at the bed.

 

“Jessica, I said up… No more sleeping.”The guy reprimanded softly.

 

Jessica’s expression still hasn’t lightened up a bit. “Oppa, Wae? I’m still sleepy and I want to go back to bed…” She stubbornly answered and walks back off to bed, but then again she is held tight and was forced around.

 

“Jessica, enough sleeping… Put yourself together because we still need to go. NOW CHOP! CHOP!”The guy enthusiastically cheered and pushed Jessica out of the room.

 

“But Ooooppaaaaaa~”

 

 

******

 

 

Jessica seats behind Yunho’s car. Yunho is Jessica’s older brother and is the only male child of the Jung family. Jessica is currently following and living with him as she continues to study in high school at one of SEOUL’s most prestigious High Schools.

 

She stares silently out of the window and hums. Her hair gloriously falls straight down from both sides of her shoulders completely covering her chest. She crosses both of her arms and legs without moving obviously and tries to enjoy the morning views she can see, moving from outside. Yunho have always found Jessica’s silence fascinating for a girl of her age and so he always kept a close eye on her and waited. He has done it every day as he takes his younger sister to school and now he knows at what particular timing Jessica will quiet down. It was time. Yunho tilts the front mirror inside his car towards Jessica. He then glances at her little by little, enjoying his younger sister’s elegance and silence at the same time. As he continues to look at her, he himself cannot suppress that indulged feelings he feels and accidentally lets out a short giggle. Jessica loses her focus outside and changes focus to himself. She raises both of her brows at him and communicates with his older brother using the front mirror.

 

“Is there something wrong?” Jessica asked and tried to arrange herself in the back.

 

Yunho smiles and glances back at her. “Nothing, Jessica… I just find you quite amazing for a young girl.” He continues.

 

Jessica tilts her head to one side and looks confused. “Why?” She asks her brother.

 

“Well… For a young girl you seem quiet and less…” Yunho was cut off and thinking.

 

“…Out going?”

 

“YES!”

 

“hmph…” Jessica snorted out and looked away. Yunho on the other hand took a glance up to her. “What’s with the dry expression again? Jessica, you do know you can tell me things right? Oppa is open?” He asked gently making his younger sister breathe a little air.

 

“I’m fine and happy Oppa. I have a couple of friends to assist me in school. I have you. And I have Mom, Dad and Krystal.” Jessica smartly answered and continued to stare at the view she sees outside.

 

Yunho peeks a glance at her and races his brows “And do you have a Guy friend?”

 

Yunho’s interrogative question unexpectedly caught Jessica off guard. He suddenly makes a hard brake and puts the car on a halt. He stops aware that they have reached the school grounds of the High School Jessica was attending to. She turns around to look at his older brother who wasalready looking at her face to face from the driver’s seat. He smiles at hergently and waited for her answer quietly.

 

Jessica inhaled deeply and sighed. “I’m just not good with distractions right now so maybe I’ll keep myself isolated.”She answered, grabbed her white Jestina bag pack beside her and gives Yunho a kiss on the cheek. “I’ll see you later Oppa…” She whispered and moved out of the car.

 

As he looked at Jessica walking towards the building’s main entrance, Yunho sighed. “Distractions eh?”

 

 

******

 

 

Jessica Jung has always been known as the school’s Graceful Underdog. Graceful, because she moves in and out of the campus alongside her Princess-like beauty. Underdog, because of her “fame status” which would probably be nearing the 20th lowest. Her closest friends though namely, Hyoyeon and Yuri flies up high in the sky when it comes to fame.

 

As Jessica glides through the crowd of people and make her way to her locker. Heavy arms suddenly raps around her taking her by surprise. She accidentally squeals a sharp note out of that bothered quite a lot of people around somehow. Everyone looked at who it was and eyed on Jessica closely. Jessica, feeling uncomfortable and embarrassed with what happened pressed her head down and allowed her long silky brown hair take over her face’s redness. Hyoyeon, worrying about her shy friend, tried to make things pass by also to compensate with what they just did.

 

Hyo lifted her right arm up high and shouted out. “Okay guys… now that was an accident. Normal people squeal when they get startled and that’s what just happened earlier… Now go back to businesses, all of you, Okay? Okay. Thank you!” She finishes and smiled.

 

Hyoyeon’s cool and friendly way of making things back down was really handy, especially to someone like Jessica who gets startled with just a little surprise. As Jessica backs herself up from the embarrassment that occurred she picks up all her notebooks from inside her pink little locker. One by one, color by color, subject by subject and placed it inside her bag with rigid push into the corners. Hyoyeon and Yul panicked after letting her feel badly and tried to consult her but Jessica slammed her locker door shut and went on without turning her back around. Her eyes bickering and was almost to burst out, tearing. Yuri and Hyoyeon were now left out of words to say as they look at Jessica storm off and disappear out in the sea of students.

 

“I think we got on her too much…” Yuri sighed, held her waist with both of her hands and transferred all her weight into her left foot revealing her perfect S-line.

 

“Yah, I guess so too…”Hyoyeon answered back in reply and crossed her arm.

 

 

******

 

 

Jessica settles herself down on one end of the room and sits quietly without making any eye contact. She stares out into the vast landscape just outside the room’s wide window when a banging sound took her out and brought her up to attention. As she tilts her head to look at who slammed her desk, she sees Shin Se Kyung her classmate slash haters gazing at her. Jessica bluntly looks at her and presses her lips into hard line. A ghost of a smile was then shown in Se Kyung’s pearl white face.

 

“What are you planning to do now?” Jessica said intentionally sounding all the sarcasm out from .

 

“You really are sharp mouthed are you?” Se Kyung replied and bent down to look at her closely.

 

“What do you want?” Jessica asked and looked straight into her eyes. Se Kyung was taken aback by Jessica’s bluntness but she still persisted.

 

“Your closeness to Jonghyun, I want that dealt with…”She said in reply and cupped Jessica’s chin with her hands.

 

Jessica furrows her brows and sticks them together in disagreement with Se Kyung’s request. “What the hell…” Jessica whispered. “He’s my friend. We are automatically close…”

 

Se Kyung let’s go of Jessica chin and slaps her forehead hard enough that a little bright red mark slightly shows. “Don’t be such an idiot; I know what exactly you feel about him.” She teased and let’s go of a laugh.

 

Jessica looks away immediately and flushes crimson red. Her face stuck in a confused expression, questioning how she knew her feelings for him. “How’d you…”

 

“Don’t be such a baby, who will never fall for a hot guy like him? You know what, I came to question his validity as a man the day he started hanging out with a whinny like you, Loser. So what, are we agreed? You stay out of my way into getting Jonghyun and I stay away from you and your pitiful life.” Se Kyung said straightened herself up and crossed her arms.

 

Gazing up on the standing Se Kyung goes Jessica. She opens shaping it like an “O”. She stands in amusement with her mean request to her. Jessica by then pushes her chair off to the back getting all of the students’ attention inside the classroom. “You’ve gone a lot further than usual Se Kyung. You’re breaking my limit. Jonghyun is my friend and you asking me to stay away from him, is not going to happen. NEVER…” Jessica exclaimed in the classes’ silence. Everyone’s eyes were on her. Jessica slowly pries around to see all of her classmates present gazing up on her. She suddenly feels a sudden pull of anxiety on her and flushes crimson red. As she planned to fleet out of the room to look for refuge, she suddenly comes to a halt in front of the room’s door as she tried to open it.

 

A sudden burst of laughter roared in the room, when they saw Jessica halted, covered in white flour as a bucket of it fell on her. As she starts to gets teary and was about to burst in anger a Guy randomly appears in front of her. Looking up, Jessica sees him flashing an innocent smile on his face. His smile was distractingly beautiful, but Jessica was not in the mood to totally indulge in it. Instead he pushed the neat guy off leaving a white hand print on his coat and runs away. The guy looks disoriented as she speeded out and vanished. He gets back into the classroom thing and as he enters he mesmerizes everyone inside. He smiles in the silence and waves.

 

“Hi…” He says and looks around. He nodded and was like checking everything out. Staring and starting from faces to another, desk from desk and side from side. Finally he reaches to stare down at the flour smudged up on the floor he was standing on. He makes a clicking sound out from his mouth and moved his head back up.

 

“Clean this… You wouldn’t want the teacher to run on it with black shoes…” He said and moves out of the room, leaving everyone cold and out of words.

 

 

 

******

 

 

Jessica sits down the building’s rooftop and weeps. She wipes the white flour off her uniform and follows her tears after. She annoyingly brushes off her handkerchief on it and bites her lip hard enough. She suddenly stops at the moment and presses her lips hard. Jessica tried to hide her tears but she just can’t. She pushed her head down between k=her knees, held them both together and cried hard. She wept and wept and wept, letting all of her stress come out.

 

Time passed and Jessica was still smothered in white coating, sitting all alone on one side, continuing to wipe them all off. Suddenly a heavy weight pushes down on her from the head. She gazes up and sees the guy from a while ago, still wearing the same innocent smile he showed her before she ran off. Jessica shoved him away, moves backwards and looks at him. The guy shows a ghost of disappointment in his face the moment she sees Jessica who has just stopped from crying.

 

“They really were mean to you, were they?”He asked, placed both of his hands in both of his uniforms side pocket and looks away.

 

Jessica gazes up on him and looks at how marvelous he really was. The sun beams directly on him reflecting all of it on his pale white skin. His eyes, brightly smiling back to the wide scenery right in front of him. His lips, pressed into a large grin as he smiled comfortably. His hair, carelessly kept on top of him having some left to hang in the left side of his face. His chest was vividly broad it was as if he was really made to wear them neat and crisp tuxedo like uniforms all throughout his existence. He was a bit off with the height but he still looked gorgeously handsome. Jessica was then so succumb into the feeling of looking at his beautiful side that she forgot to answer the question he just asked.

 

He notices Jessica’s inattentiveness and looks towards her direction. His eyes directly gazing down on her as she sat down staring back at him. The sudden change of look startled Sica and took her back a little more.

 

“Are you okay?”He asked with his gentle voice.

 

Jessica takes in a deep breath into her lungs and swallowed a whole lot of it. “Miss?” He continued to ask and moves towards her.

 

“I’m fine!” Jessica immediately answered back at the sight of the glorious monstrosity moving towards her. “I’m fine, I really am…”

 

The usual, Jessica’s defensive side starts to take all over again. Her defense mechanism by simply acting bitter is slowly showing and was somewhat automatically on. The guy showed obvious disappointed in his face again and started to wonder about things. She gazes up on him and notices his reaction. “Look, I’m okay, I’m fine… You don’t need to bother. Please you can go.” She said and pleaded.

 

“I’m here because I feel really bad for you Miss…”

 

“Jessica… My name is Jessica Jung.”Jessica immediately provided him with the answer he was asking.

 

“…Miss Jung, my name is Donghae by the way. Lee Donghae. Now, I feel really bad about how they treated you back there. That was not classy at all…” Donghae said gently and picked out a handkerchief off one his pockets. He then reaches it out to her and gently places it on the crown of Jessica’s head. “Use it…” He says gently and leaves the handkerchief hanging on her head. Jessica stares at it as she takes it off her head. Her face stuck in a confusion she asked. “Why?”

 

“Why did I feel bad for you? Or why did I give you the hanky?” Donghae asked arching his right brow to be vividly seen.

 

“Both…” Jessica said, held Donghae’s handkerchief down as she stared at him and waited for an answer.

 

“I felt bad, because they made fun of you like uneducated people who ran out of things to do in life. They poured white flour on you and your womanhood, which is a really rude thing to do to a pretty one like you. Plus, the fact that you suddenly came to a halt right in front of me of course. Now, I gave you my hanky because you’re all smothered up and your wipes has worn out. Please take it. I’d be really glad if you cleaned yourself using my handkerchief.”Donghae said and grinned wildly in front of her showing off his beautiful innocent eyes.

 

“What the…”Jessica mumbled and was cut off by a sudden interference of a banging voice from the behind. Donghae and Jessica both heard the opening of the door and along with it came Jonghyun, panting.

 

“JESSICA!!!”Jonghyun exclaimed and ran towards her.

 

 

 

******

 

 

“Why didn’t you tell me? Did Se Kyung plan on this again?” Jonghyun asked as he moves his eyes around Jessica and examine her. Jessica’s annoyance was obvious in her face but she kept quiet and head down. Donghae was bluntly staring at the both of them on the sides, waiting for the 2 of them to actually finish.

 

“Jessica, answer me… What happened?” Jonghyun asked and gently held Jessica on both shoulders.

 

Jessica gazes up to him and stares at him reluctantly but deeply. “You see how I am now, isn’t it still obvious? They played with me again.” Jessica bitterly answered.

 

“It’s because of our relationship is it?” Jonghyun said out loud.

 

Jonghyun’s question seemed to bother Donghae which he frantically showed as he listened. He furrowed his brows and eyed on him closely as the 2 continued to talk with him just observing on the sides with a smart look.

 

“I don’t want to talk about it Jonghyun…” Jessica said and tried to get away from his grip. “Why not?” Jonghyun asked and insisted on holding her shoulder.

 

“Jonghyun, please we have someone else here, I don’t want to bother him, now let me go. You’re hurting me…”Jessica pleaded and held him. Troubled, she tries to get away but Jonghyun was young and persistent. As her friend he believed that he should know something, but Jessica was an ocean of silence and secrets. If she says no, then No it is. No word would slip out of if she wants it that way.

 

“Jessica, I’m your friend so you can tell me…”Jonghyun pleaded.

 

“I told you already I don’t want to…” Jessica answered in reply and pushed her head down as she obviously flushed out. “JESSICA!” Jonghyun exclaimed.

 

A sudden grip holds Jonghyun’s arm tightly. As he points his attention to it, he notices Donghae staring at him with a disoriented expression of anger in his face. “Dude, cool it. The girl says no and she means it, now let go…” He said calmly but with angst and arrogance at the same time.

 

“Look, we need to talk this out and you’re not needed in it so please…”

 

“Jonghyun okay enough. Just let me go, we’ll talk about this later. I just want to go.”Jessica demands and tightly grips off Jonghyun’s arms away from her and walk away. As Jessica leaves Jonghyun follows her immediately like a child to an ice cream call. Jonghyun runs, but Donghae stays. An obvious smile appears in his face and unconsciously, he tilts his head as he stares at her storming off.

 

“You are simply an interesting girl Ms. Jung… You even unconsciously kept my handkerchief with you.” Donghae thought to himself and grins widely. his expression softens and eyes calm. He then simply slides both of his hand inside his pocket and starts to walk off the rooftop…