Chapter 4

Buying Miss Jung


 

 


“Miss Jung”

 

As she turned around to see who it was Jessica see’s Donghae walking towards her. Donghae was wearing a plain navy blue button up polo shirt that had an open collar, clearly showing his collar bones out and was tucked in inside his black tight pants.

 

“Why is he still annoyingly hot?” Jessica thought to herself.

 

“What are you doing here? Is this the reason why you turned my wish down? You wish to party Alone? You could have told me.” Donghae charmingly said as he places both his hands inside his  pants’ pockets.

 

Jessica sighed and giggled with Donghae’s hilarious assumption. She covers with her hands as she gently laughs and looked up to see a confused Donghae staring down at her.

 

“I wasn’t here to party; I was invited by a friend to sing with a band tonight. You know gigs? Oh wait, you’re rich beyond compare you wouldn’t know…” Jessica mischievously answered.

 

“I know what gigs are, but I don’t do them, because like what you said, Miss Jung I am rich beyond compare.” Donghae said in reply.

 

“There you are!”

 

A rumbling sound from behind calls out. Jessica tilts her body side wards to see who it was while Donghae turns a full body turn. As both took turns, they both saw Jonghyun moving towards them, running is the right word. Donghae wasn’t able to hide the clear disappointment that was slowly taking over his face so he turns around and smiles at Jessica who for the first time was glowing in front of his eyes.

 

“I thought you were gonna be running late? Why is he here?” Jonghyun asked as he clearly sees Donghae standing beside him.

 

Donghae smiles out his little disappointment and looks back at him. “Don’t worry; keep your arguments to yourself because I’m here for a different reason. It just so happens that we’re both in the same bar at the wrong time. Sorry to bother. Miss Jung…” Donghae bows a little. “I’ll be moving on now.”

 

Jessica watches closely as Donghae elegantly strides around the crowd. Jonghyun was looking at him walk out too but Jessica gazed closely. As Jonghyun switches his attention from Donghae walking out to Jessica, Donghae glances at Jessica for the last time and Jessica clearly sees him doing so, giving her a little shock to the face that left Jonghyun a tad bit wondering. When Jonghyun looks back, Donghae was already gone in the crowd and Jessica was already looking at him.

 

“Shall we go in?” Jonghyun asks Jessica and Jessica replies with a nod.



 

********


 

The bar felt full. Disco lights flashed here and there, the music was being played loudly, people walked passed around drinking and passing beer, champagne, wine and whatever drinks were there . Jessica was not the people type of girl and hated crowds like that inside E.H bar. Jonghyun saw how uncomfortable Jessica turned out to be so he held her hand tight and walked around with her. As they both reached the backstage, Jonghyun immediately came close to her and whispered “Stay here, I’ll be back in a minute.” Jessica nods in reply and stood still while she listens to the loud music played.

 

“Am I seriously gonna sing in such a noisy bar?” Jessica thought to herself as she stood still listening to the rabble.

 

“Not a chance… I don’t sing metal and bang my head that hard? I’m not even a party person at all. I think I took this thing up just because I wanted to see Jonghyun more. I think this was a mistake. I’ll just have to go. It wouldn’t hurt if I do that anyway, he’s working with a band, they can sing yes, they can I should really just back out.” Jessica thought hard and nodded in her own account.

 

As Jessica moved her way backstage, he finally finds Jonghyun but he was holding Shin Se Kyung up at the moment. It looks like they were talking for a second but then as Jessica looked up closely and tried to walk towards them to get close enough to ask him out, Se kyung hugged Jonghyun tight around the neck and kissed him. Jessica hurting and shocked with what she saw immediately turned around with her jaw dropped down and ran out. As she reached the outside of the bar, she tried to grasp for air and tried to breathe.

 

“What the hell… Why did I have to see that … Why? Why?!” Jessica said to herself and continued to inhale and exhale. “UUURRGGGGHHH !” Jessica screamed out her frustration in a sharp squeal.

 

“Miss Jung?”

 

Jessica, startled by the call flustered around and saw a wondering Donghae looking at her. As she gazes up at him, her faced suddenly blushed and wasn’t able to hide it. She turned her back around and took in a deep breath then sighed “Nothing… The bar sophocated me, I’m claustrophobic.”

 

“You’re a terrible liar”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You are a terrible liar Miss Jung.” Donghae smiled.

 

“How can you tell?”

 

“Your face tells me that something has happened back there and you were quite distressed. Plus the scream didn’t sound like you were sophocating so…” he said and smiles.

 

Jessica stood still and quiet as Donghae stares at her closely. “Stop staring at me like that.” Jessica whispered and started to play with her fingers.

 

“I know you’ll say that.”

 

“Then stop…”

 

“I can’t”

 

“Why not? You know I ha-hate...” Jessica looked up to him and realizes that Donghae was moving close towards her. “…being stared at.” She mumbled.

 

“I won’t stop because I like looking at you and you’re worth it.”

 

Jessica gazes up on Donghae and blankly stares at him for a minute or 2 before Jonghyun comes out panting and was looking from left to right. As he spots Jessica, Donghae takes a step back and allows Jonghyun to rush towards Jessica who looked like he wanted to talk. He then turns around and started to pace back inside but then he hears a brash slap that got him to turn his head around. Donghae sees Jessica leaving Jonghyun in disbelief and stormed out of the scene. He was slightly taken aback to what clearly was a major turn of events and watched Jonghyun standing in front of him, do nothing but stare at the ground he was standing in.

 

Donghae was annoyed by the look at Jonghyun’s stunned face and so he immediately ran back to the bar, took his coat out from the table where he was drinking and immediately went to find Jessica.



 

********


 

Jessica has not gone far from rambling alone angry and Donghae was able to catch up with her, He was driving his black Audi so it was really not a hard thing to do. As Donghae slides down his car window he notices Jessica’s face turning red and that tears were falling down her cheek. He immediately shows his concern and asks Jessica to get in his car. She didn’t hesitate to follow the request and went in immediately. As Jessica closes the door she silently sits down the passenger’s seat while Donghae gazes at her with alarm. Donghae then slowly scopes out for Jessica seatbelt, and as he came closer and closer towards her, she immediately grabs him and hugs him tight.

 

Donghae was dumbfounded with Jessica’s rush action but he did nothing to move away, instead he hugged her back and made her cry out the tears she wanted to cry in the first place. It took time until Jessica stopped sobbing and asked Donghae to move away back to his seat.

 

“Are you fine now?” Donghae asked gently.

 

“A little bit.” Jessica sniffs in with a hoarse voice.

 

“Should I do your seat belt for you, then?”

 

“No, I can do it…” Jessica whispered and did her seat belt as she said.

 

Donghae, still concerned looked at her closely. Jessica, who was ultrasensitive at the moment, immediately notices him gazing at her and started to feel awkward towards him again. “You know, I always hated you for staring at me like that.”

 

“I know…”

 

“I hated you for making me feel uncomfortable…”

 

“I know…”

 

“I hate you for being so annoyingly persistent…”

 

“I know…”

 

“If you knew all along, then why stay? Why do things to annoy me? Why do things that make me hate you?”

 

“…because it’s the only way I know to exist in your world. If I treated you nicely, you could have gotten rid of me a long long time ago, but I begged to differ, so now we’re here.”

 

The 2 were silent again. The car didn’t move and the engine was shut. Jessica tried to calm herself down after crying but she made so much snuffling sound it was the only sound lurking around the car. She snuffled and snuffled and tried so hard not to make that much noise to not make the situation more awkward and weird.

 

Donghae awfully disturbed not by Jessica’s sniffling sound after crying but the silence that existed between the 2 of them so he has decided to start the car’s engine and smiled.

 

“So… should I take you home?” He asked as he buckles his seatbelt up.

 

“No, please…”Jessica answered with her head down.

 

“Where do you want to go then?”

 

“Surprise me.” Jessica said in an utterly joyful manner and smiled. She leaned her head back in the car seat and turned it around to see Donghae smiling at her.

 

“Do you like the beach?”


 

********


 

Donghae took a drive along the sea side while Jessica enjoys the scenes the travel had to offer her. Slowly, Jessica turned from worse to better and then back to being best. She slowly opens her seat window and started caressing the breeze that hits her as the car moves along the vast ocean that was almost invisible given that there were no lights to exactly show it. Donghae enjoys both the scenes of seeing the pitch black image of the beach and Jessica’s lighted up face, a face he hasn’t seen before.

 

After a long travel the car came to a halt as Donghae stopped it in front of an entrance to a resort. He honks out and calls for an employee but there were none until a young man wearing a black shirt and pyjamas came out whom then quickly entertains them.

 

“Mr. Lee, it’s you… what can I do for you sir?” said the young man.

 

“Kai, don’t call me that. You know I feel old when you address me with my last name, call me hyung.” Donghae answered in the most assertive yet polite manner possible.

 

“Ah. I’m sorry Donghae-hyung. Wait; are you with someone right now?” Kai asked and leaned down to look at Jessica. Jessica bows down at him and smiles a hello in return.

 

“We’ll be using a room for two, but make sure there are separate things for the 2 of us. You know what I’m trying to mean.”

 

“Then I know the room hyung.” Kai smiles and runs toward the big gate to open it so that Donghae’s car can drive through.


 

*********



 

“So you own this resort?” Jessica asked as she sits down in to one of the beds inside the room Kai took them in to.

 

“Well, technically it was built by my great grandfather then it was passed on to granpa and then my dad. My dad owns this place, not me. Not yet though…” Donghae answered as he sits at the bed beside the bed where Jessica was sitting.

 

“You must be really rich…”

 

“Enough to make people work for us, yes.”

 

“We don’t even have this much fortune to start with.”

 

“You’ll be fine.” Donghae sighed. “Do you wanna feel the breeze outside? The beach can be a good walk.”

 

Jessica smiles in reply and immediately stands up from where she was seated then into the door. Donghae follows her slowly.


 

 

******


 

 

Jessica plays around the sand quietly with her feet while Donghae walked behind her, following every stride of sand mark she leaves. The ocean wave’s rumbling, rushing and crashing sound was amazing and the breeze was magnificent, it strongly brushed into everything, brushing passed through Jessica’s already messed up princess hair, the dress she changed into that was offered to her, the sand she kicks off with her feet, Donghae’s white loose button up shirt, everything. Although there was silence between the 2 of them, there was still something to enjoy. As Jessica strides along the sea shores, a thought out of nowhere suddenly came to her which brings her to a halt. She stopped walking and turned around showing Donghae a baffled and confused face.

 

“You have shown me quite a lot of expressions for one night Miss Jung, What is it that bothers you now?” He asked as he walked towards her closer and closer every step of the way.

 

“Why?” Jessica asked in an assertive manner.

 

“Why, what?” Donghae answered calmly as he comes to a stop an inch away from Jessica

 

“Why did you want to exist in my world?” she said as she looked up to the inch away Donghae in front of her.

 

“Why’d you ask?”

 

“No guy has ever come up to me like this. Why put an effort to something that’s useless and weak when you can have anything you want?”

 

Donghae moves a bit closer to Jessica and reaches out for her hair. “You’re not useless, you’re not weak and yes I can have anything I want. I want you; I want to have you…” Donghae said as he strides his fingers on Jessica’s silky hair.

 

“Tell me honestly… Why do you want me then?”

 

“You don’t want me to lie?”

 

“Nothing’s gonna hurt if you did either ways, so tell me.”

 

“The way you treated people, the way you treated me, you reminded me of my mother. You acted like her in some way… you know never being attentive to anyone else aside from those she loves. Caring for them when she has the time, hurting her heart out when she sees her loved one doing something wrong and thinking that she can’t do anything about it.” Donghae whispers down on to her.

 

“I still don’t get it, why?” Jessica moves a step back away from Donghae and gazes at him.

 

“I know I couldn’t have, I know I didn’t…”Donghae looked down at his feet and placed his hands inside his pockets. “But I wanted to; I had the riches so I thought, maybe…”

 

“Maybe, what?” Jessica asked.

 

“Maybe I could buy you…”