Chapter 3

Buying Miss Jung

 

 
An awkward silence brooded between Donghae and Jessica as they seated together inside the car. Donghae took no eye of the road as Jessica did the same. Driving under the bright street lights the car moved across the street swiftly.
 
“Take a Turn left then stop at the 3rd house with the black gate on the left side of the street…” Jessica guided and pointed out slowly while Donghae obediently follows her.
 
As Donghae takes his turn his car’s headlight spots a man standing over the road just outside a house. Jessica looks at him and shows a ghost of a grin in her face. Donghae immediately notices her reaction and talks over.
 
“Do you know him?” He asked gently as he makes a stop in front of the man.
 
Jessica immediately walks out of the car and hugs the man outside. Donghae quickly unbuckles his seat belt and slowly walks out of the car. Noticing him walk out, Yunho eyes him.
 
“Good evening. My name’s Lee Donghae…” He said gives a bow and reaches out a hand.
 
Yunho gladly shakes it and gives him a bow for a reply. “Good evening, I’m Jung Yunho, Jessica’s older brother… Are you my little princess’Boyfriend?” Yunho teasingly asked and changes his gaze towards Jessica who immediately slapped him on the arm.
 
Donghae giggles at the statement. “I’m just a friend good sir…” He replied.
 
“Well, you’re quite a well mannered young man. Don’t call me sir, I feel old with that. Hyung, I’d be really glad if you call me that.” Yunho said and tapped him in the shoulder.
 
“Yah, Oppa!” Jessica said and slapped him hard on the shoulder hiding no sign of backing down.
 
“Ah Sica Wae?!”
 
“Hyung I’ll be going now…” Donghae interrupted Jessica and Yunho’s argument as he bid his good bye for the evening.
 
“Already?” Yunho asked.
 
“Yes, I still have some things to work on for later and I need to go home now. It was nice meeting such wonderful siblings like you guys.” He replied and opened his car door.
“Well…” Yunho sighed and placed his hands inside his sweatpants pocket. “Thank you for bringing my little sister home safe and sound… If you want you can visit the house anytime…”
 
“OPPA!!!” Jessica exclaimed.
 
“I will, Hyung… Good Night Mr. Jung…” Donghae said and bowed down. “Jessica…” Donghae eyed on her for a second and smiled gently showing off his immaculately wonderful face. He glides down inside the car and starts the engine. As the headlights turn and the car run Jessica and Yunho follow it with a stare and a sigh.
 
“He is such a catch…” Yunho said and looked at Jessica who was still already looking at him. 
 
“Seriously?” Jessica replied crossed her arm and walks inside of the house.
 
 
******
 
 
“You know I think he is a very nice man…” Yunho spits out as he and Jessica face each other in a glass rectangular shaped table as they were eating their dinner.
 
Jessica stops on taking a slice off her stake and drops the fork. She then looks at his older brother with disgust and disagreement on her face as she moves her head from side to side. “I don’t feel him at all Oppa, s stop bringing him up and let’s just it dinner peacefully.” She said and munched over a cutlet as she continues with her eating.
 
Yunho smiles at the sight of his younger sister have irritated reactions whenever Donghae was brought. “Jessica, when I like someone, I like them for a reason…”He said gently.
 
“I know…” Jessica replied and looked at Yunho straight into the eye. “That’s why I’m totally wondering why you like him when in fact there is no good reason at all. He just does this and that without asking me if I like it or not…” Jessica suddenly stops and sighs for a moment. Quick memories of Donghae hastily slipped inside her head the moment she talked about him. She furrowed her brows out of shock and starts to scratch her cheek. “Although I find him attractive and cool… I still don’t get him.”
 
Jessica raises both of her eye brows as she finishes her explanation and immediately stares at Yunho who was still showing a grin on his face.
 
“Wae?” Jessica asked and was sounding a lot more confused and outrageous. She then starts to think that Yunho was teasing her. “Oppa WAE?!”She exclaimed and sounded more like a little girl wailing over a lost Barbie doll.
 
“This is totally one reason why I liked him…” Yunho said. He dropped down his spoon and fork and placed them together on one side of the plate. He raises both his elbow and placed them on top of the table. He closes his hands together and supports his chin with them as he stares at Jessica gently smiling over.
 
“Eh?”Jessica confusingly muttered out.
 
Yunho lets out a loud scuff and grins. “Jessica, how can you still be so nave?” he asked.
 
“Oppa, you’re starting to talk nonsense…”
 
“Nonsense? No… Listen, ever since you’ve met that die you have been slowly became more active when it comes to talking. I like the way how you are affected every time I bring him up. It’s making you talk more than you have ever done.”
 
Jessica sits up on her side of the table with a quiet and shocked expression. Yunho slowly stands up from his side and walks towards Jessica. He then gives her a kiss in the forehead and whispers. 
 
“I like him, because he changed something in you… that’s all.”
 
 
******
 
 
Jessica stands quietly in her bedroom and stares blankly outside her window. She leans against the wall and looks at the bright moon up above her. Shifting all her weight into the plain obstacle she’s leaning into she stands on one hind leg and her head to the side. She flashes a ghost of an unconscious grin on her face as she watches the bright moon shinning upon her, but a sudden buzz stopped her from her procrastination and back into reality. She turns around and walked towards the bed, flipping off the blanket and pillows just to find her phone under one of her octopus stuffed toy. Jessica opened her phone up and saw 1 incoming message from Jonghyun. Jessica immediately reads it up.
 
January 20, 2013, 10:25 PM
From: Kim Jonghyun
To: Jessica Jung
Title: Apology
 
Hey Sica, I’m really sorry about what has turned out between the relationships we had. Because of me you feel bad about yourself and you constantly get hurt. Please tell me if you feel awkard.
 
------
 
January 20, 2013, 10:26 PM
From: Jessica Jung
To: Kim Jonghyun
Title: Apology Accepted~
 
I told you to stop saying your apologies… You’re making me feel bad again. I’ll be fine as long as you try to stay normal. You tell me if anything is awkward.
 
------
 
January 20, 2013, 10:29 PM
From: Kim Jonghyun
To: Jessica Jung
Title: Am I Awkward?
 
Read the title please J
 
------
 
January 20, 2013, 10:30 PM
From: Jessica Jung
To: Kim Jonghyun
Title: Are you Awkward?
 
Will you take yes as an answer?
 
------
 
 
Jessica smiles as she sends her message to Jonghyun. She slaps her body down the bed and faces her phone while she waits, suddenly a buzz came in and Jessica checked it immediately.
 
January 20, 2013, 10:33 PM
From: Kim Jonghyun
To: Jessica Jung
Title: I’m Awkward
 
Okay, I admit… I do get awkward when I face you but can you blame me for that? After asking me how I feel about you I got confused and questions started to bombard me. I’m really bad at things like that so I think I really am awkward when I see you…
 
------
 
January 20, 2013, 10:36 PM
From: Jessica Jung
To: Kim Jonghyun
Title: Don’t be Awkward
 
Read the title… :P
 
------
 
January 20, 2013, 10:37 PM
From: Kim Jonghyun
To: Jessica Jung
Title: Yes ma’am
 
Well If you say so Ms. Jung… :D
 
------
 
“Did he just addressed me as Miss Jung?” Jessica thought of herself as she received Jonghyun’s reply. “I wonder how he would sound if he said that to me in person… teeeheee” Jessica rolled over her soft purple bed and giggled. Suddenly a beep came and she immediately took a look on it.
 
January 20, 2013, 10:41 PM
From: Kim Jonghyun
To: Jessica Jung
Title: Miss Jung
 
Miss Jung it’s almost 11:00 PM now I don’t want you staying up all night so I shall bid you good night and sweet dreams already… I’ll be meeting up with you tomorrow for the gig we are going to have, okay? Good night Ms Jung, have a nice sleep. :3
 
------
 
Jessica flashes a wide angelic grin on her face and places down her phone on the wooden table next to her purple bed. She rolls over back to her bed and covers her body with her cotton blanket. Under the blanket, Jessica holds up her Octopus plushie right in front of her and stares at it.
“If he would say good night to me personally…” She whispers to the octopus toy. “Will you scream?” She asked and looks at it. Jessica then curls inward and hugs the toy hard enough for her to feel warm.
 
“If only I could tell him that I really want him…”
 
 
******
 
 
The next day, Yunho takes Jessica to school like always. As he stirs the car's wheel to a round he then comes to a halt in front of the school gate where a familiar face was seen waiting for Jessica to come out from the car.
 
 
"Is it just me or do I see Jonghyun smiling?" Yunho asked and turns his head around to look at Jessica who was unlocking the satbelts on her.
 
 
"He's smiling alright..." Jessica hurriedly said and gave Yunho a peck on the cheek. "Oppa, bye..." 
 
 
Yunho looks at Jessica as she reaches out for the car door. "Am I going to pick you up later after school?" He asked.
 
 
Jessica turned around as she was about to go out from the door. "No, oppa..." Jessica answered sweetly and moved out. 
 
 
Yunho helplessly looks at Jessica as she rans towards Jonghyun, greeting him with a flashy and cute smile. She then starts to talk to him about somethings Yunho was not supposed to know. He sighs out and grins widely as he again starts the car by turning the keys and the wheel. As the car drove off another direction, Yunho cannot help himself but think.
 
 
"I wonder who she'd pick in the end..." Yunho said to himself and continued off.
 
 
 
******
 
 
Jessica silently held her bag as she walked besides Jonghyun. She kept taking slow glances on him when he was not paying a full attention on her but he broke the silence up and spoked. 
 
 
"Sica, remembered about what I message you last night?" He asked and looks at Jessica.
 
 
Jessica stares back in surprise and raises both her eyebrows. "What message?" She asked.
 
 
"The one about the Gig thingy?" 
 
 
"Oh! yeah! that... why?" 
 
 
"Well, the band is playing in a bar later tonight... maybe you want to come with us and you know..." Jonghyun stopped and looked at Jessica.
 
 
Jessica stares back at Jonghyun and finally drops her brow from rising up high on her face. She continues Jonghyun statement as she tried to interrupt "...You want to sing, don't you?" She said.
 
 
"yeah, but if it's alright with you though..." Jonghyun said while obviously flshing a gentle smile on his young face. "I'm fine with it Jonghyun, just make sure you'll take care of me when we're there, I don't want to stand alone in a crowd waiting for anyone or anybody at all." Jessica answered and demanded as she agreed with Jonghyun's request which she always does.
 
 
"Great! So I'll pick you up later?" Jonghyun asked and jumped out of glee and happiness.
 
 
"hmmmmm... maybe I'll let Yunho oppa take me there, what's the name of the bar?" She asked.
 
 
"E.H, it's name is E.H... weird I know but it's a well known bar in town So hyung will not have a hard time looking for it."
 
 
"Then, it's settled, make sure to pick me up when I'm there... Oh we're here..." Jessica said and finally enters her classroom.
 
 
"I'll be sending you an e-mail later okay? bye..." Jonghyun said and ran off. Jessica was then again left with a smile on her face.
 
 
******
 
 
As Jessica enters the room, she awkwardly looks at her new seat. As far as she can remember it was the seat given to her by the beautiful monstrosity who kept on sticking to her. Jessica walked towards it and sat down calmly and silenty like she always does. As she was already settled in, a loud bang coming from 2 long hands slapped his desk.
 
 
"What did you do?" Se Kyung asked and interrogatively rised her left brow on Jessica.
 
 
Jessica takes a glance at her face and goes back to pulling her notes out. "I don't know what you're talking about..." Jessica timidly answered back.
 
 
"Don't play stupid with me, tell me what did you do to make that hot guy Donghae like you?" 
 
 
"... Nothing in particular ..." A masculine voice fro behind answered.
 
 
Garnering the class' attention everyone saw Donghae standing behind Se Kyung. Formally placing his hands inside his pockets, with his neatly straightened uniform out. His hair was on the usual style, a haircut with some fully down on the left side of his face. His eyes, still flaming with a boyish charisma. He looks down at Se kyung who was picking at Jessica and her desk again.
 
 
"Donghae?" Se Kyung muttered out as she stood up straight and faced him.
 
 
"I told you not to call me that. Now, Ms. Jung here has done nothing to please me or to make me like her. She simply is a wonderful person and you being so drastic about what she does to me is actually really rude..." Donghae gently said and raises his visible right eyebrow. "i don't want to hear myself say this Miss Shin, but the next time you pick on her... You'll answer to me. Are we clear?" He said.
 
 
Se Kyung, shocked with Donghae's honesty and straight forwardness was left with no word to say at all. and eyes were slightly opened to the sight of an unpredictable Donghae. She draws her head down and then slowly utters an "Okay..."
 
 
Donghae gently flashes a grin on his and lowers his head down towards her ear slowly just to whisper something. Se Kyung hardens at the moment and slowly panics deep inside, but as Donghae holds her right shoulders she immediately feels him and apparantly calms herself down. Donghae looks at the whole class as his face was still near Se Kyung's ear, then smiles. He immediately opens his mouth and whispered "Thank you Miss Shin..." and then let's go.
 
 
Se Kyung still left in an awe blankly walks the isle to her desk. Jessica, though still said no word and just stared at her. As Donghae sat down behind her, she felt him immediately. He pushes himself across the desk's table closer to where Jessica was.
 
 
"A simple Thank you would do you know..." He whispered gently.
 
 
Jessica flashes a grin on her face and tilts her head over her shoulder to see Donghae trying to charm her again. "I did not ask you to do that for me Mr. Lee..."
 
 
"... But I still did, because you needed help."
 
 
"Just sit properly and stop doing your pretty boy stuff on me, class is about to start."
 
 
"s. Jung okay I'll stop but can you grant me something? In return for the things I have done for you?" Donghae pleaded in a melow toned voice.
 
 
Jessica turned around and completely stared at his face. "Okay, so there it goes. You do things for me and now you want something in return..."
 
 
"It's not really a hard thing to do for me. i don't like making my girls suffer..."
 
 
"Your girl?! wooooow !" Jessica exclaimed in shock and opens as wide as she can as a sign of reply.
 
 
"Okay, listen. Miss Jung, please... will you go out with me?"
 
 
Jessica draws her jaws back and says no word. She blinks her eyes out as Donghae's beautiful eyes penetrate her.
 
 
"Go out? You mean date?" She asked.
 
 
"Yes, tonight... Please have dinner with me."
 
 
 
******
 
 
 
Yunho drives on the driver seat while Jessica sits down behind the car. The usual position the siblings had ever since they rode in it together. Yunho tilts the mirror right in front of him and stares at his younger sister as she is magnifecently brightened up by comprehending colors that come from the streetlights that immediately hit her. A picture of perfect beauty it was for him. fascinated by her sister's calmness as always he enjoyed the moment.
 
 
"So have you been meeting that guy Donghae?" yunho asked out of the blue while he eyes on the road as he drives.
 
 
"Why'd you ask?" Jessica replied.
 
 
"Well, I kinda like him and I think he's a great guy... So how can I let my little sister leave such an opportunity?"
 
 
"There's quite a tendancy that I might drop him, Oppa..."She said in reply and leans her head on the window and looked outside.
 
 
"Wae? Did he actually asked you out?"
 
 
"Well..." Jessica sighed out. "Yeah."
 
 
"What did you say?" Yunho took a glance over Sica from the back of the car.
 
 
"I said no..." Jessica replied timidly.
 
 
"Is it because of Jonghyun's request?"
 
 
"Maybe..."
 
 
"Maybe?"
 
 
"I don't know oppa, I do feel bad for him when I let the guy down... but a promise is a promise, I said yes to Jonghyun first so he is my priority at the moment." She explained.
 
 
"You say things, it's as if the 2 of them were some sort of business. I'll just be telling you to be carefull with everything, now that you have 2 involved in the line." Yunho said and hits the breaks. "Well, I think we are here... Call me later if you need a ride home okay? Oppa will wait." Yunho said.
 
 
Jessica only replies with a smile and walks out of the car. She looks at the car leave and disappear, she then picks up her phone and looks at it for an e-mail when a familiar voice ringed from behind her.
 
 
"Miss Jung?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
T.B.C
- Sorry for the very late update... I'm still trying to find time so that I can pull all my thoughts aout this fic back and write them all out. I'm a little bit busy so I might actually be out for quite some time but I'll still keep my head on updating this one. READERS I DO HOPE YOU BARE WITH ME ! (>.<) puhleeeeaaaaase ...
- Jane_Choding -