Chapter 2

Buying Miss Jung

 

 

 

Jessica stands unbelievably quiet and awkwardly in front of Jonghyun. Jonghyun on the other hand looked down on her with a compassionate look on his face. Waiting for Jessica’s comfort to come back up he says no word.

 

“We can’t keep on staring at each other like this you know…” Jessica bluntly says shifts her weight and leans against and abruptly crosses her arms.

 

“Ever since the day you confessed, you’ve been starting to treat me like a real jerk after. Are you being like this because I let you down?”Jonghyun asked gently, trying not to hit the ego Jessica has left.

 

Jonghyun and Jessica have always been together ever since the day they started to run gimmicks and sing to earn little money. The cliché part between a friendship blooms and suddenly Jessica flips out in the blue. She like him all the way and was gloriously succumb to the feeling of wanting to be around him. She had strong urges on her, especially with Jonghyun’s sweet and caring attitude so she decided to confess one day.

 

 

~~~

 

“Hey Sica! The band is going to play, would you like to sing out for later? Jonghyun asked and takes Jessica by surprise through holding her hands.

 

“It’s you…” She replied out of shock and complete distraction with his aggressiveness.

 

“Yeah, so are you in for later? I’ll be backi---“He was cut off immediately when Jessica burst out with strength and confidence.

 

“Jonghyun… D—Do- Do you like me?”

 

Jonghyun hearing Jessica’s question was taken aback. He presses her lips into a hard line and furrows his brows together. Bemused with the confession he unconsciously lets go of Jessica’s hand which obviously disappointed her.

 

 

~~~

 

 

Thinking about it Jessica’s head pricks and feels itchy. She twitches her lips off and continues to distract herself from the reality of Jonghyun carefully staring at her.

 

“Jessica, I’m sorry for what I did, I really am. It’s just tha---“

 

“I get it… Jonghyun, I do. I’m not stupid to not understand how you feel. If you don’t then I’m not pushing you…” Jessica butted in and completely took a deep breath in.

 

“I told you I wasn’t ready. It’s not you, it’s me. You know how special you re to me and I fear committing myself to you because I know I’ll end up hurting you.”Jonghyun gently explained. He grabs hold of Jessica’s face tilting her to face and look at him. His gentle eyes were violently distracting Jessica’s already distracted heart and so she shrugged him all off.

 

“The fact that I actually confessed to you a long time ago gives me the confidence to say out the things I want to say now, but every time you bring that topic up and just stare at me like that I just fall back helplessly. Unaware that I’m breaking a deal I made with myself. I try not to think about my idiotic act and just forget about it like it was just a mere dream… but I can’t. No matter what I do, o matter how I distract myself, I just can’t get over you. I know, I do act normally but deep inside the little girl in me is crying… Out loud. I feel a load of sh*t in me at the moment and I’m really mad at myself…”

 

“Jessica I’m sorry.” Jonghyun apologetically said and held Jessica hand tight into his.

 

“Don’t be, you’re making me feel bad about myself more. If I could just be a lot more mature in accepting the fact that you have placed me into the FRIEND ZONE, I would probably be feeling a lot better now. We should just be what we were a long time ago. Normal. Friends.”Jessica says and courageously and shows the sadness in her eyes. Though she was hurting she still finds the right strings to pull up the tight muscles in her face and flash a weak smile of pretend.

 

“I’ll be going to class now. Promise me you’ll be normal, like your old self. For me…”

 

Jonghyun shows a compelled shock on his face, but he lets it be. Jessica is her friend, His special friend and he does not want to disappoint her like how he did before because of his reluctance. He pulls out a weak smile in front of her and nods. “Okay… See you later then?”He asked normally and started to do what he promised her.

 

Jessica as always, being an expert in wearing masks flashes off a large genuine smile on her face and brightened up the mood. “Okay… See you later Jonghyun.” She waves good bye and runs while being followed by her princess like hair.

 

Jonghyun stares at her quietly and focus on her as she runs to the crowd and disappear. He then comes to think and ask himself a personal question. “Am I really not ready to Love her back?”

 

 

******

 

 

Jessica flinches and looks up to see that she has just passed by her classroom for an inch. She pants and catches her breath. She bends down her body and holds both of her legs for a while and then let’s out a loud sigh afterwards. She holds the door’s knob and closes her eyes.

 

“Nothing awkward just be yourself.” Jessica whispered and continued saying such mantra for 3 times before she continues on griping and twisting the knob. As she enters and scans the room everybody was quiet. She walks with normal steps like it was nothing and pretended that she was alone moving towards her seat when a sudden cool gentle masculine voice calls her attention out in the silence.

 

“Miss Jung…”

 

Jessica closes her eyes and drops her jaw open. She stiffly turns around to look at who it was. As she starts to open her eyes, she then sees the beautiful guy she sees from yesterday, the glorious monstrosity she met, the oh-so-ever immaculate Donghae, calling her out. He gently smiled in front of her as he tried to greet him. Jessica can’t seem to compose herself in his presence and she starts to tremble down. Her knees were starting to get light and wiggly. Butterflies start to fluster inside her stomach and her face obviously flushing red. She blinks a couple of times as she eyed on him and remembers what he did for her on the rooftop yesterday.

 

“YOUR HANKY! I mean Handkerchief…”Jessica dopes down and sounded a little tense as Donghae continue to gaze up on her like hawk towards its helpless little prey.

 

Donghae slowly gets out of his seat and slowly walks around. All of the eyes were staring at him, following him and his elegance.

 

As he glided towards her direction, Jessica can’t help but feel awkward. She starts to look away and play with her fingers to start herself a distraction but a sudden halt was brought to her when Donghae’s soft manly hands found its way to hers and stopped them. She gazes up on him wide eyed and panicking. Donghae does his usual reaction and gently shows a smile. Jessica looks at him in the eye and was almost lost into its beauty and power.

 

“Where do you seat?” He suddenly asked.

 

Jessica who was obviously startled gets back to consciousness and opens . “I—“

 

Donghae lets out a boyish giggle. “Do you always pass out on me Ms. Jung? You’ve done that twice already…”

 

A serious whisper convention has happened and boomed, the moment Donghae lets his words out. All of the students’ eyes were now on Jessica who hands were currently held by Donghae. “Ms. Jung, I can’t wait forever while holding your hand like this. Please tell me where you’re seated…”Donghae demanded gently and raises his brow cunningly intimidating all the girls in class and making them awe. Jessica on the other hand, being bipolar in some ways changes her attitude from indulging in the flustering-over-Donghae side into the Who-do-you-think-you-are dude side. She furrows her eye brows and sighs.

 

“Why’d you ask?”

 

Donghae grins. “…Because I want to know…”He said in reply.

 

“You’ve been a really good help, Donghae. Thank you, now here’s your handkerchief…” She stopped for a moment and reached for her pockets to pick up a white piece of linen cloth. “Thank you for that… Now, business is done between the 2 of us, will you now please mind your own little business?” She carefully said letting out clear and exact words to describe her sentiments towards the controlling voice Donghae tones out.

 

Donghae shows an obvious disappointment on his face and tilts his head around. He hisses and looks beyond his shoulder and looks over Se Kyung who’s seating right in front of his desk. He let’s lose of Jessica’s hand and starts to smoothly walk towards Se Kyung’s direction. Stopping right in front of her, He arcs his body down, supports his weight by placing both his arms on her desk and completely stares at her. Se Kyung couldn’t hide the obvious assuming she was going through and smiled at him in reply, her hands on her palm and was face to face with him by an inch.

 

“Yes, Donghae?” Se Kyung whispered to Donghae.

 

Donghae scuffed off and puts up a half smile at. “First of all, I don’t like being called by my first name; Ms. Jung is an obvious exemption… Second, you sitting right in front of me is totally not a beauty. After what you did from yesterday, it is just not right. I’d rather have her smudged up in white flour …”Donghae pointed Jessica who was looking at them at the moment wide eyed. “… Than having you blocking my view with your back. If you’ll let Ms. Jung replace seats with you then I’ll let you’re rudeness and imprudence from yesterday pass…”He demanded.

 

Se Kyung’s mouth and arms drops from its position. She bites her lips hard and furrows her brows close to each other. She turns her body around and looks at Jessica who was mouthing her a“NO” for a reply. Se Kyung looks back on Donghae who was still gazing on her and reluctantly stared at back at him. She slowly creeps out to her bag without taking a small trail of avoidance over Donghae’s face, stands up and walks. As she moved step by step and reached Jessica, she looks displeased and unhappy with how everything turned out and nagged her silently. Jessica follows her with a stare and looked at her hopelessly as she sits down on her desk.

 

She bobs her head around to make a side view over Donghae who was calmly waiting for her to walk towards him and her new earned desk. He smiles as he looked at her alerting Jessica’s bipolar side. She starts to hastily move towards him and placed her bag in Se Kyung’s supposed-to-be desk. She nods and moves her jaws sideward.

 

“You happy?” She said, sounding out the sarcasm she feels because of the boiling anger she felt. Donghae slides one hand into his pocket, bends down and whispers to Jessica. “I’m happier now that you’re in front of me Ms. Jung… I really am”

 

 

******

 

 

The class ends as the ring bells and everyone stands up. All disoriented and eager to go out of the room with all enthusiasm up in their sleeves.

 

Jessica places her notebook inside her bag pack and turns her body around, noticing Donghae again, smiling at her. His innocent and beautiful eyes show off. His perfect smile out. His hair, the usual. She felt glorified, yet hunted at the same time. She rolls her eyes and pushes her head back down continuing on what she’s doing. Donghae moves forward and leans over the table to closely compress and stare at Jessica’s immaculate, pale face.

 

“Do you always roll your eyes like that?” He whispers to Jessica carefully, making her feel the air that was coming out from his mouth and nostrils.

 

Jessica her head up and narrowed down her eyes as she looks back at Donghae. “Are you letting me smell you’re minty fresh breath now?” Jessica sarcastically said and raised her right brow.

 

“If that’s how you think of it, then fine. But your eye rolling is quite a charmer. I actually love it Ms. Jung, I honestly do.” Donghae whispered back stopping Jessica from continuing on packing up. She unconsciously lets out a loud sigh and composes herself, trying to stop everything inside of her from tingling and flustering wildly.

 

The heavens suddenly started to be on Jessica’s side when Jonghyun loudly walked inside the room, breaking the awkwardness and distracts everyone.

 

“Sica, let’s go!” Jonghyun exclaimed and ran towards her desk. As he reached her he seems to notice Donghae gazing up on him again. Jonghyun stares back and meets his brows. “It’s you again… The rooftop prince from Yesterday never knew you were classmates of him…”

 

Jessica buttons her bag and finishes packing. She immediately stands up from where she is sitting and looks at Jonghyun. “Let’s go…” She eagerly demanded, grabbed Jonghyun in the hand and runs off, pulling him strongly and dominantly.

 

Donghae being left behind for the 2nd time around leans back and shifts all his weight into his back. He crosses both his arms and legs graciously and eyes on the door where Jessica left while she holds a grip on Jonghyun’s arm.

 

“You really are interesting Ms. Jung.” He whispered to himself and smiles.

 

 

******

 

 

After a while Jonghyun and Jessica come to a stop and starts from running to walking slowly. Jessica lets go of his hand and acted out normally again just like how they promised each other. She takes a couple of haste steps, walks past front of Jonghyun and takes an inch lead away from him. Jonghyun though, silently trails her from behind and looks at how her gorgeous princess-like hair sways from side to side the moment she takes one step from the other.

 

Jonghyun seemed to be enjoying himself, but a sudden thought of a question came into him, making him raise a brow over Jessica’s back. He gently places his hand behind him and looks at her intimately.

 

“That guy from a while ago, the one leaning forward to pry on your desk. He really seemed to like you, Sica.” Jonghyun boldly said making Jessica pause from walking and turn around to him.

 

“What?” She said and twitched an eye at Jonghyun.

 

“I was just trying to say what I notice…”

 

“And you’re okay with that?” Jessica said and faces Jonghyun completely.

 

“Calm down, I was jus---“

 

Jessica cut off Jonghyun from talking his explanation out. “So you’re just fine with him toying around with me? Is that it?”

 

“Jessica, no… what I was trying to say is that I think he likes you and you might want to give him up a chance.”

 

“What!?”

 

“Oh, shoot…”Jonghyun panics and scratches the crown of his head as he stares confusingly at Jessica’s unhappy expression.

 

Jessica hears what Jonghyun has to say. Jessica hates it. Jessica storms off. The usual. She walks out with heavy footsteps running on her feet. Heavy step to another heavy step. She stretches her arms straight down, with knuckles closed hard, enough to punch a hole on a blackboard. She doesn’t take any back glances on Jonghyun anymore and looks straight forward as she steams out because of dismay, anger and disappointment over him.

 

“How the hell can he tell me to give him a chance after telling him that I like him? Is he stupid? He could have at least say “Stay away from him, I don’t like him” or “Don’t ever fall to him” and things like that. That could have lightened me up a bit. CHRIST! How can he be so naïve?”Jessica talked to herself and went on…

 

 

******

 

 

Hyoyeon walks alone on the grounds, Yuri-less at the moment because of some reasons. As she roamed off like a lost little girl in blonde hair, she spots Jessica strongly marching off towards her. She raises her brows up high and widens her eyes in shock. Hyoyeon immediately blocks Jessica’s invisible marching path. Holds both of her short arms pass front of her and holds Jessica shoulder’s tight and hard to restrain her from taking another step further.

 

“WOAH! WOAH! Hot head! I saw how you stormed off Yesterday, why are you storming off now?” She coolly asks her and tries to sail soothe her anger out by joking.

 

Jessica looks at her with furrowed brows. “Where’s Yuri?” She asks.

 

“I don’t know, I think she went to her Big Brothers house. Hey Sica… Look at me. You’re becoming a GREEN HULK in a princess’ body. Calm yourself down and take that stress out of yourself. Follow me Inhale…” Hyoyeon said and Jessica follows her obediently with an inhale. “Now release it with your mouth slowly…”

 

“HUH!” Jessica sighed out loud, letting go of all the air she just took in.

 

“JESSICA! I said slowly…”

 

“Sorry I can’t help it. I just had to release…” Jessica talked calmly and seemed to calm herself down while she breathes in and out in rhythm. Hyoyeon seemed to follow her as she went up and down and eyes closely on her friend slowly projecting a wide grin on her face.

 

“That’s my Girl!” Hyoyeon exclaimed and slowly let’s go of Jessica shoulders. “What happened to you anyway?” She asked carefully and tried not to make an offending word.

 

Jessica stifles and sighs out loud. “Nothing…” She answered and follows with an immediate pretending of looking away.

 

“Terrible…” Hyoyeon calmly said, crossed her eyes and raised a brow. “Lier…”She shook her head simultaneously.

 

Jessica drops her jaw open and looks dissembled. “Why won’t you believe me?” She pitched out.

 

“I’m your friend and I know… How terrible you are… in lying…” Hyoyeon replied. “It’s Jonghyun again is it?”

 

“How---“

 

“Seriously… Is there anyone who can do such damage to you aside from him?”

 

“Sh*t… Was I that obvious?”

 

“I just know enough from you, making me say so… Now if you want to talk about it, then let’s talk about it… How about that? Okay? Let’s go?”Hyoyeon asked calmly and taps her Jessica gently in the shoulder. She then starts to push Jessica off making her walk and start to talk.

 

 

******

 

 

Jessica takes slow steps as she walks her way home after the long day.

 

“Confessing to Hyo was quite a relief… It’s always great to have her around. Teehee…” Jessica said to herself and giggles like a little girl under the velvet rays of the sunset shining on her.

Gazing down on her feet as she counts the steps she makes foot after foot, she unconsciously smiles. Care free and problem free, thinking about the composed silence she has at the moment. Minding no worldly things and distraction around and mainly thinking about her.

 

As she continues to stride along the side walk she starts to notice a smooth sound of moving car behind her. She lifts her head and looks around allowing her hair to flip along her head. Jessica her head and narrows down her eyes to see who the man inside the car was, but it stopped right in front of her unexpectedly taking her by surprise. The passenger seat’s window suddenly went down and in one magical glimpse of her eyes she again sees the beautiful monstrosity who kept on attacking her.

 

“Get in…”Donghae said as he tries to peep over to look at Jessica while holding the steering wheel with his left hand.

 

Jessica furrows her brows and straightens up and then starts to walk forward. Donghae, being playful as he always was did not take her silence seriously and tailed her around as she walks off.

 

Undeniably distracted, Jessica constantly peeped over her shoulder as she tries to hastily get away from Donghae, but what kind of man was ever born to outrun a machine. She peeped and peeped until she finally reached her limits, got enough of it and came to a halt. Donghae’s car stopped at Jessica’s stop. Looking up on her again was Donghae with his innocent and beautiful smile plastered in his charming face.

 

“It took quite some time to make you stop and turn around… get in Miss Jung…” Donghae gently said to her.

 

Jessica sighed and holds on the cars open window as she bended down, her hair free falling and hanging on her head. “Mr. Lee…”

 

“Donghae, Miss Jung… Pls.” Donghae interrupted.

 

“D—Donghae… Oppa…”Jessica stuttered at the awkward feeling when she formally addressed him. “I don’t know what has stupid thing or thought has gotten into you that dragged you to waste your time and gasoline on me but I’m not buying it… If you may please, stop it immediately and just leave me alo---“

 

“Miss Jung, I am doing things according to how I feel and the feel of wanting to see a girl like you has been building up on me. You somewhat interest me Miss Jung, that’s why I’m doing this…”Donghae interrupted and directly explained his side without hesitation and hiding.

 

“Please get in the car Miss Jung. It’s almost dark and a girl like you would be very vulnerable then. I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself if something happens to you…”

 

“But…”

 

“Please, Miss Jung… I have never begged like this my whole life, so please don’t make it hard for me. Damn it! I have begged in front of you twice already…”

 

“I’m not asking you to do this for me so why bother? Mr. Lee, you’re the richest, coolest and most handsome guy in school but why do you even bother to waste time on me? ” Jessica asked.

 

“I told you already, You just effortlessly caught my attention Miss Jung making you very interesting and so now if you could just please let me take you home…”

 

“Mr. Lee…”

 

“Miss Jung its getting darker, get in if you don’t want me to drag you in…”Donghae requested but has already changed the tone of his voice into a more commanding and manly manner. Jessica bites her lip down and looks at him in the eye. She ferociously furrows her eye brows together and looks away. Jessica slowly crept her hand on the car door and opens it gently, carefully trying to look away and hide from Donghae’s obvious and melting stare. She seats down the passenger seat silently and closes the door with a slam.

 

Donghae suddenly unbuckles his seatbelt reaches his hand out across Jessica’s side, taking her by surprise. Donghae scooted a little closer to Jessica and ends up facing her closer than anyone can. Out of shock she immediately reacted and moved away bumping into the side. She stared at Donghae as Donghae stares back at her with the same amount of shock and surprise in his expression.

 

“What are you doing?” Jessica whispered as she tried to talk to Donghae who was already an Inch away from her.

 

Donghae keeps his mouth shut, reaches out for something, grabs a long piece of cloth and shows it to her. He flashes a gentle smile to Jessica and buckles her into the seatbelt. He then moves back to the driver’s seat and locks his own seatbelt.

 

“For safety Miss Jung… If you thought I was to do IT to you then that would be really rude of me.” Donghae said and looked at Jessica gently. Jessica replies back a straight stare into him and keeps quiet for a minute. “Now… Miss Jung, tell me where you live so that I can drive you already.”

 

 

T.B.C

------------------------------------

So here goes the latest chpater guys.

Forgive me for the very late upload. I am so having a hard time finding good reception for internet connection that it's slwoing me down like big time. 

I do hope you loved or wait liked the chapter I made and wish that you'll stay with me, do enjoy !

Lot's of Love AUTHOR-NIM ♥

------------------------------------