Angeletic Smile

The Only One For Me

Kyuhyun's POV

"Wow!  That a really good idea, Ailee!" Shin exclaimed.

"I know, but you have to do exactly what I say to make it work," Ailee said as she smiles at her brilliant plan.

Idea?  What idea?

"Hey!  What are you guys talking about?  What plan do you have?" I asked looking at Ailee.

"Oh, nothing," Shin and Ailee both said in unison. 

"It's a surprise," Aliee added giggling. 

What do they have up their sleeve?  I narrowed my eyes at the two of them.  Whatever it is, I'm going to find out. 

"Aigoo!  I'm going to be late for practice!  Sorry guys but I got to go.  Bye," Shin waved at the two of us as he left the hill.

I looked at Ailee.  She looked at me.  Awkward.

"Are you going to go home?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Um, yeah.  I should go."

"Do you want me to walk you?" I suddenly asked as I took a step towards her. 

"What?" Ailee said with a surprised expression.  "Oh, that's ok.  You don't have too."

"I'll walk you.  Let's go," The conversation ended. 

This is new for me.  This awkward atmosphere, I mean. We didn't talk at all.  I didn't because I didn't know what to say.  All I heard was the scraping of shoes on the sidewalk, the breezy wind, and the slight breath as I signed.  The way she kept sneeking peeks at me, was there something on my face?  Time passed, and we arrived at her two-story house. 

"Thanks for dropping me home," Ailee said looking down at her shoes.

"No problem, I couldn't let a girl walk alone by herself," I said trying to brighten the mood.

"Yeah, I guess so."

And then she smiled the most perfect smile that I thought my heart would stop.  She was looking directly at me, not like other girls that only want me because I'm handsome or something.  Her smile was like the heavens.  My heart suddenly felt light as a feather and it took my breath  away.  What was happening to me? 

"Kyuhyun?  You there?"  Ailee's hand waved back and forth in front of my eyes.

I blinked.  I didn't realize I was staring. 

"Huh? Oh yeah sorry.  Well, bye."  After Ailee entered her house I face-palmed myself.

What had happened?  I don't know why, but that was the first time I ever felt like that. This feeling, it was like I had been blessed with a precious smile.  A smile too precious to let out.  I not sure why, but I have a feeling that this smile will lead me to troubles. 

~The Next Day~     

On my way to school I saw her again, Ailee.  She looked cute in the school uniform and I don't think she saw me.  But I saw her do something that would never leave my mind.  The same old woman  who I saw everyday, was having trouble crossing the street, Ailee saw her and she rushed to her aid.  A car was about to hit her and it hadn't been for Ailee, the woman would have not lived any longer.  In all my life, I had never seen anyone do such an honorable thing.  She was the only one who took it to action. 

On the bulliton board was the scores of the big test we took.  I found my name in a pinch in the 20s.  My eyes darted up to see who number 1 was.  I gasped.  I looked at it more carefully.  Ailee was number 1?! 

Considerate and Intelligent.  And pretty too.  Ailee was perfect, but why hadn't I noticed her before?  My mind focused so much on Ailee that I didn't even notice when she stood in front of me. 

"Kyuhyun? Hi," she said.

"Ailee? Oh um hi.  Congradulations on the test."

"Thanks.  I worked super hard on studying for it too."

Then I got a glimse of that angletic smile again. 

"See you in class ok?" Ailee walked away and as she left, I kept thinking about that smile.  And her perfectness. 

 Then I realized was had happened.  I was right. That smile of hers was trouble.  It got me falling for her.