A coincidence?

The Only One For Me

Polished doors opened up to a ginormous house.  It was a grand sight, rich and captivating, filled with the finest quality of merchandise. 

But to Kyukyun who had been living here the past years of his life, it was nothing new.  It just made him even more irritated.  

As soon as he closed the door, he leaned on its cool surface and sighed.  This was the fifth time this week that a group of girls had followed him home, and it was tiring.  At first, it was alright with the girls just silently following him.  They thought they were being stealthy, but it was far from that.  Their chattering and loud "shhh" gave them out like drums trying to be played quietly.  A week later, they started going right up to him, and shoved a whole liter of questions and flirty invitions on him.  He was pissed for sure, but he didn't show it.  At least until today, when the girls began clinging to him a little more than usual and tried to enter his house with him with high hopes.  

His temper rised and his blood boiled.  I can't take this anymore.   

"LEAVE ME ALONE! GO HOME AND STOP STAYING AROUND MY HOUSE LIKE A BUNCH OF PAPARAZZI!  YOU'RE NOT GETTING ANYTHING, KAY?"

All the girls stared with wide eyes wondering what they did wrong.  Their disbelief continued on even after Kyukyun had slammed the elegant door in their faces.  

Kyukyun raced up the long staircase and walked into his bedroom; a large tidy space with a grand king size bed and crystal chandeliers that left little specks of reflected light around the room.  

He flopped on his bed and dipped down his head.  He was so tired, so so tired of all the commotion today.  Wouldn't it ever end?

 

EARLIER:

The counselor tipped his head to the side trying to figure out the insides of Kyunkun's head.  But he wouldn't, no one would ever know because Kyunkun would never tell.  

"Come on buddy.  What's wrong?  Lately you've seemed more tired and out of it these days.  Several teachers have been concerned for your lack of usually participation and work.  Is there anything I can do to help you?" he softly said, hoping for like the past 10 minutes for Kyunkun to talk.

Kyunyun lifted his head, he had a plastered smile on his face.  With forced enthusiasm, he replied, "I'm fine, nothing's wrong.  If it's okay with you, can I go back to my class now?"  Kyunyun watched as the other's face frowned then recoiled into a calm and concerned expression.  "You may go."

As soon as he was outside and at least 10 meters away from the counselor's door, kyunkun punched the wall.  Hard.  He cringed at the pain but he didn't mind it.  A little of the steam he had kept during the talk was releashed and that was all he wanted.  

 

PRESENT TIME:

Loud knocks invaded the quiet and peaceful area where Kyunkun slept.  Lazily, he sat up and rubbed his eyes.  Locating his clock, he squinted reading 6:15 am. Who could be knocking at this time of day?  Especially on a Saturday of all days?   Again, the knocks ringed annoyingly through his ears.  

 "Come in."

The door opened to reveal a thin, middle-aged woman with a tidy suit and a sterned face.  Her gaze was fixed on Kyunkun and gave a disapproving shake of the head towards the messy state he was in.  Kyunkun stared back at the woman, his annoyance level rising higher.

"Good Morning Mother.  So what can I do for you this lovely time of day?"

"First of all, go freshen up," she snapped.  "We'll be leaving within 15 minutes to go to the shop. And don't be late," she added.

"What?  Why are we going to the shop so early in the morning?"

"Oh my dear, has you're memory given up on you already?  I told you last week that our lovely "friend" had invited us to her party today and we will be shopping for a suit for you so you can look like the handsome fellow you are."

What she meant by friend was a business partner and what she meant by party was a place where the business took place.  His mother has always been like, never going somewhere to enjoy it, just to make friendly business.  Because of it, the relationship between mother and son has stretched far apart.

Sighing, he picked himself up and headed towards the shower.  Another day to spend, another day to waste.   

 


 

"Good Morning." grumbled Ailee.  She was not in a good mood.

Grabing a bowl and spoon, she poured herself a milk and then reached for the cereal.  It was her favorite kind, sweet flakes that had a crunch.  Letting out a yawn, she waited for her bowl to fill with her breakfast but nothing came out.  Hmm?  She looked inside, and immediatly groaned.  There was not a single flake left over for her and her wasted milk.  

The day was going to get worse and she knew it.  After having her breakfast which consisted of the wasted milk and a blueberry muffin she walked to the living room to slump on the couch and skip through several tv station until she found one she liked.   But Ailee wasn't in the mood for television.  Not even the funniest show made her spoiled mood lighten up.  "Today's Saturday!" she thought.  "Why is my favorite day starting to be the worst?"  Interving her thoughts, her phone ran and Ailee lazily got up, walked to the kitchen counter, and annoying pressed talk on the phone.

"What?" She answered as she went back to the couch.

"Someone's in a bad mood," Jasmine said disapprovingly.  Then she added,"But it won't bring mine down!  We're going SHOPPING! Yay!"

"Yay," Ailee responed unenthusiasticly.  

"Oh come on!  It'll be fun like always, we can look at the cute outfits and maybe some of my happiness will rub off on you.  Without you, it'll just be me, the lonely girl who stares at the gorgeous dresses but then walks away shaking her head at the price tag.  Please?" Jasmine's suspense voice makes Ailee smile and think of her bf's lonely face.   Rolling her eyes, she agrees.

"Fine, but I'm driving."

"Deal." 


 

The walls of the store was painted a pure white with rhombus cut stones hanging from the ceiling like a decortative pattern.  Every bit of the floor was polished and every cloth was hanged sharp and crisp.  Overall, the posh store seemed to have quality fabics and every bit anti-shabby as possible.  A woman around her mid-40 walked to us, her heels clicking against the floor.  Her hair was in a tight bun and she was wearing a navy skirt with a silk white blouse.  She greeted us with a hello and a firm handshake then led the way to a section with fancy ties and dark suits.  

"May I measure you, sir?" I turned my head to see a slim, dimple faced man holding up a measuring tape.  He had warm eyes and a relaxing aura.  "Yes," I said.  My mother stood a little bit back waiting on the other man to finish his measuring.  As soon as it was done, he stepped away, bowed, and then told us to wait so he could record the measurements down.  My mother thanked him, and as soon as he was out of sight, turned to me.

"I can already picture you looking handsome in the new suit." She said admirely.  

"But is it nessessary?  I already have suits I can use, why do I need another one?

"Nonsense.  What will you have them think wearing the same suit again.  Disgraceful."  Then she turned away toward another maniquin wearing the lastest trend of suits.  

I sighed and grunted at his mother's arrogence.   But I didn't want to deal with it so I walked away as well, as brisk as possible. The sound of my leather shoes clipping and clopping on the shiny floors, echoed thoughout the shop.  I might as well do something while my clothes get stitched.  

Spying the Exit to my left, I headed in that direction, towards the warm refreshing air of the outdoors.  But as quick as I was to make that decision, I decided against it.  Through the glass door, I could see groups of girls across the street, buying food from a booth.  Even if I took one foot outside, the girls would see me and I know what will happen.  It had happened before.   

I shuddered at the thought and choose not to get trampled on.  Right before I was about to whirl around, I caught sight of a familiar figure.  It wasn't hard to miss her curvy shape and bright aura.  Before I knew it, my lips had curled up and already I could feel my heart softening.  There was Ailee, was walking around with her friend Jasmine.  She had just laughed and the sight of her smile made my heart pound.  I shifted closer to the door so I could get a good look at her.  Just like always, she looked beautiful, she hair , soft and silky, made my fingers itch to run against it.  She had on tight skinny jeans, and a oversized beige sweater with matching sneakers.  I could stare at her all day.  

Was this a coincidence?  How could Ailee be right here, so close that I could run right up to her within 2 seconds?  What if it was fate?  Nahh, probably not.  God's probably playing some trick on me and laughing at my face right about now.  But what if...?

I leaned against the glass, enjoying the view.  But then suddenly I could see Jasmine point to a far direction, squealing and tugging at Ailee's arm.  Ailee hung back a bit but then finally gave in to Jamine's persuasive pout.  Then just like that, they had walked out of my vision.  I tilted this way and that to catch at least one last glimpse at Ailee but no such luck.  Damn that Jasmine, she took her away from me.  Well not me, my porhiperal vision.  

I looked over my shoulder to see if anyone would notice my departure and when I was satisfied, I pushed the glass door. Quickly I took my hoodie and flipped it on my head, remembering the girls.  My mother wouldn't notice until a little later but by then I would farther away and she wouldn't be able to catch up.  Up ahead, a passage borded with rose bushes came into view.  I just hoped it was the one that the girls took and began jogging.  Maybe this day wouldn't be wasted after all...