Dates begin!

The Only One For Me

Ailee's POV

I call Jasmine again and again.  "This person is unavaible, please leave a message-"  the stupid electronic voice says.

"Come on Jasmine, pick up!" I said as I redial her number.  Finally I could hear her sleepy voice answer.

"Jasmine, it's nine in the morning WAKE UP! Hurry up and get dressed, I’ll be in front of you house in 10 minutes!"

“Huh?  Wait, why? Ailee-!  Oh, she hung up on me.”  Jasmine groaned as she got up.  “I wonder what she wants.” 

In my tight blue skinny jeans, a coat and a colorful scarf, I ran down the stairs in my excitement.  I had been planning this for some time and I couldn't believe it was going to happen today!

“What’s your hurry?  Are you going somewhere?” My mother asked.

She was sitting on the leather sofa drinking her coffee while watching the news.  She still had her pajamas on.  Her head turned at the sight of me with my huge smile plastered on my face. 

I hummed a yes.  “I’m going to hang out with Jasmine today, it that alright?”

“Of course!  Could you also pick up some groceries on the way?”

“Sure mom.  Bye!”  I open the door and headed towards my BF’s house. 

Jasmine is my best friend for life!!  I’ve known her for so long that she could be called my sister.  She’s always been there for me, in every trouble I’ve gotten into.   The best word to describe her could be a girly girl.  She doesn’t say “like, he was, like all over her, like you know.”  She’s not like that. I guess she’s the cool kind of gal that loves to shop and have fun all the way.  Her closet is like a huge store full of the most amazing clothes and accessories you’ve ever seen!  She’s really pretty and could possibly be a model, if she wanted to. 

Before I could even lift my hand to knock at the door, Jasmine opened it and stepped out.  She was wearing a leather jacket with a dark scarf.  She had on shorts with leggings and ankle boots. 

“Ailee? Why did you call me out here?  Is it to go shopping?”  Jasmine asked with huge hopeful eyes. 

“Um, no. Not shopping.  Something a bit more fun,” I said giving a mischievous smile.

“What?”

“It’s a secret”

“TELL ME!” she said pouting.

“Be patient, let’s get going or else we’ll be late!”

Remember how Shin had asked me to get him closer to Jasmine?  Well today was the day my plan was about to unfold.  I asked Shin to meet us at a special shop called Little Delights.  It was a shop full of sweets and yummy goodies.  They also served meals.  This was perfect because:

 1. Jasmine loved sweets but never gained weight from eating them.  Lucky her.

2. A lunch date!

I was super excited but Jasmine began window surfing and we got a bit delayed.  Luckily, we made it in time and I pulled her into the shop and sat near the window so Shin could find us. 

“What are we doing here, Ailee? Is this the secret place?” Her face looked so clueless I wanted to laugh.

“I wanted you to meet a friend of mine.  Plus I heard the food is really good here so why don’t we eat lunch here, ok?”

“Sure, but you could have told me earlier we were going to meet someone, I would have dressed better,” she said looking at her clothes.  She began drooling when she saw the sweets in the display cases.  “Wow the food does look good!  I’m going to go get a sample kay?”

“Sure go on.” I smiled facing the window.  Suddenly, I saw Shin come into view. 

“Shin!” I called him over and made room.  Jasmine walked over to me, she didn’t see Shin yet.

“You were right Ailee, the food here is good!” Her eyes adverted to me and then to shin.  Her eyes got big as she recognized who sat beside me.

“You’re S-Shin!  The really hot guy who really good at sports!”  She hands immediately covered as she realized what she just blurted out.

Shin blushed.  “Um yeah, hi Jasmine.”

It was Jasmine’s turn to blush as he said her un-introduced name. 

I looked at both of them then coughed as they stopped staring at each other.  “Here Jasmine, take my seat alright?  I need to head to the restroom.”

“What? Wait!  Don’t leave, I need you here!  What am I supposed to say?” Jasmine whispered to me.

“Anything,” I whispered back and I headed towards the restroom. 

As soon as I was out of their sight, I hid behind plants to get a look at what they were saying.  My best friend was stuttering and I could see Shin blushing.  This was not off to a good start. 

“What are you doing?” someone whispered into my ears.

I froze.  Slowly, I turned my head to see Kyuhyun looking back at me, inches from my face.

“W-w-what are you doing here?” I said accusingly even though I didn’t mean to be. 

“I was meaning to ask you the same thing.  I was here to meet someone but they didn’t come.  You?”

“I’m watching their date.  Do you remember the time on the hill when Shin asked for my help? Well, here it is.” I said pointing to the table of two shy teenagers. 

“Oh.  Do you want to sit with me?  You’ll be able to see them comfortably.” Kyuhyun patted the empty seat in front of him.

“Sure.” I replied.  I sat down uneasily. No one said a word.  I looked at Kyuhyun and he looked at me.  Awkward once again. 

Two people each at two tables.  One liking the other.  Falling in love unknowingly.