Double Disappointments

The Only One For Me

(Read the description before you start please)

Ailee's POV

I know I look ugly right now.   My mouth is gaped open in a big wide O shape and my eyes are bulging out, but I don't care!! I can't believe this is happening to me! 

If you guys didn't know, I came here because of a note that was in my locker. 

Dear Ailee,  Please meet me in the big hill behind the school.  There's something important that I want to tell you.  I'll be waiting. Sincerely, Your Secret Admirer.  P.S. Come Alone.

Since I got the note, I couldn't stop myself from glancing at the paper, just to make sure the words I just read were right.  I was.  Could this really be happening?  My curiosity took over and because it was so unrelenting, I came.  But I could have never had imagined who my admirer could be.  And I never imagined it could be him. 

"Are you surprised?" Kyuhyun asked me.

"I-I-I'm ok," I replied.  No I'm not!  I'm seriously freaking out!  The hottest guy in school is talking to me, of course I'm not ok!

I hesitated before I asked, "So, you're the secret admirer?"

"What would you do if I said I was?"

"Uh, uh..."  What do I say? 

"It's ok.  But I'm not your secret Admirer." kyuhyun admitted.

Wait, hold up.  What?

 "Then what are you doing here, and why did you say that the meaning of your life was spending time with me?" 

"Let me explain.  My friend was the one who wrote the note your holding.  I'm helping him out so that he has the courage to....  you know what, he'll tell you.  But unfortunatly, he's kinda late.  What I just said, I just did it to see your reaction, sorry," Kyuhyun said looking down.  

I felt like a balloon that was flying high in the sky and then suddenly got shot down with hurtful words.  Kyuhyun's not my secret admirer but his friend?!   How sad is that.  I can't believe I made such a fool of myself just because I thought he could be my- forget it. 

Behind me, I could hear the crunch of leaves.  I turned around and saw one of the most athletic guys in school.  I gasped.  It was Shin, the all-star.  He had a lean structure with ripped muscles on his arms and a 6-pack.  Although he has muscular body, he's face was baby-ish.  But the real cute kind, with squishy cheeks and a contagious smile. Rumors about him were that he was asked by a famous magazine company if he wanted to join a real professional group, but Shin declined.  

What was he doing here?  Wait a minute, he couldn't have been the secret admirer, could he?

"Uh, Hi Ailee."  Shin greeted nervously.  "Sorry I'm late, if you don't mind I'm going to say this straight out."

I looked at the ground, then at him and nodded.  I could see Shin meet Kyuhyun's eyes and Kyuhyun give a go sign.  What was he going to say? 

"Here I go.  Ailee, I know you don't know me but I know you, kinda.  And I was wondering if you could-"

He motion for me to come closer so he could whisper in my ear, and then he told me.

"WHAT!!!" I shouted so loud that I thought the world could hear me.  

Dear Readers, if you thought he was going to ask me out, you got that WRONG!  He was going to ask somebody out, but not me. It was my BF, Jasmine!  This is the second time I was really happy that I might get asked out but NO.  Why does this happen to me?  *tears*  Shin told me he wanted to ask out Jasmine and since I was her best friend, I could help get him close to her.  So that was the deal.  I'm such a fool.

"So you called me out here so I could help you get close to her?"

"Yeah.  I'm really sorry if you thought...  What I mean is can you please help me?"

"But why did you sincere it with secret admirer?" I spoke with a angry/confused tone.

"To me, anyone that's friends with Jasmine is who I admire.  I'm not sure why but I just can't talk to her at all!  Even if I try."  Right after he said that, he pouted, and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.  

I thought about it.  I know that in this 10 minutes I've been on this hill I've been rejected two times!  I also know that I'm feeling pretty angry right now but...but, if it's going to help someone else to be with their happiness, I will gladly do my part in it because that's just the way I am.  Even if there's nothing for me in it, their happiness... is mine as well.

Deep breath.  "Ok, I'll help you" I told Shin.

"Really?  Wow, thank you so much!" He took my hand and shook it really fast.

"BUT, on one condition." I compromised.   

"Uh oh.  What is it?"  Shin squinted his eyes at me trying to figure out my condition. 

I whispered my plan to Shin, but the whole time I talked to him about it, I noticed Kyuhyun staring at me.  

And he was smiling.