Seven ~

'9095'

I lay down on my back facing the ceiling above me. My body feels exhausted, but I am too hyped to be tired. The moment which just happened seems so far away, yet so clear in my mind. Am I really that kind of person? Am I really… a… a vampire? I feel goose bumps as soon as I think that word.

 

Seeing the sunlight peeking through the curtains I realize the night already passed and the morning has started. Today the weekend is over and in one week I have a meeting with Jung Yunho at his mansion again. He promised me to keep his life a little normal and let me adjust to the situation. I smile as I realize since last night my entire life changed into something I would never believe.

I get up feeling my whole body in pain. Like a strong muscle pain of working out for several hours.  I quickly dress in my daily outfit and take my bag from the chair where I dropped it last night. Ready for work I take a deep breath and look at myself in the mirror. The pale and gloomy look on my face isn’t scaring me anymore.

When I walk out the door I feel the morning sun slightly burning on my skin, but it’s not an unpleasant feeling. The exciting burning sun makes me hyped up for the day.

I laugh at my own thoughts realizing that the myth of vampires being afraid of sunshine is probably only a story that has been told.

 

When I arrive at work I hear the gossiping already starting as soon as I walk in. the door opens I everyone closes their mouths and give me an innocent smile. I secretly smirk realizing they probably have no idea I can hear them clearly from a distance.

As I walk to my spot in the teacher’s office I wonder if it has always been like this. Did they always gossip about me before I walked in?

I sit down myself and take out my notebook. I open it and start looking at my screen. The beautiful painting of the sunset in Japan I took on my holiday a few years ago appears in front of me. I slightly smile seeing the memories flashing by in my head.            

 

“Mr. Kim?” I hear a female voice above my head. When I look up I seem my co-worker standing there slightly scared of my sudden appearance I think? “I … I was wondering if you, uhm… wanted to go out for dinner tonight with me and Mrs. Kanamori tonight” she says with a stutter in her voice.

I feel shocked of this sudden request but I nod since I want to leave with at least a good impression.

We decide to meet around 5pm after work is finished. I quickly bow to them and walk to the classroom where I give my first class of today. I walk in and the students giggle seeing me already. Their reactions have always been the same. Since the day I started here, somehow none of the students took me seriously.

 

Suddenly a girl in the back of the class gets my attention. She is looking at me with tears in her eyes. She looks desperately hoping for help. From the other side I see someone throwing paper at her.

I feel the angry boiling inside my body. The most painful and horribly thing I can imagine is someone being bullied in front of me in my class. I slam the table hard and all students look at me in shock. I feel my cheeks getting cold and I know I have to calm down myself. The ‘new me’ isn’t ready for this and I am not sure if I can control this emotions running up now.

“Mr. Kim?” a girl asks in front and I give her a look, which makes her look at me in shock.

 

I turn my gaze to the student who threw the paper balls at the girl and I hiss at him “Don’t ever do that in front of my eyes again”. The tone of my voice doesn’t sound like my usual voice and I am afraid the reason they all look so shocked is probably because, to keep it in Yunho’s terms’ a beast in human form.

 

I grab my notebook from the table and walk out of the classroom quickly. Going inside the nearest men’s toilet I see the reflection of my current look in the mirror. My eyes darkened, just like the evening in the corridor in Yunho’s mansion. The pain in my body is driving me crazy and I feel my knees weaken as I try to calm down my mind. I sit myself down against the wall next to the sinks. On the wall in front of me there is the door to the laundry room, it says “4095” realizing the countdown is going faster than I actually thought it would.

With all my might I try to calm myself down. The same sensation as light night is running through my body. Even though I know my body feels cold as ice, it feels like I am burning.

 

After sitting in the cold floor for a few minutes I feel my body is back to normal and I silently get up. I look at my own reflection in the mirror. The lonely look on my face is scaring me. Was this what the butler in Yunho’s mansion mentioned? Do I really look that scary, people tend to rather ignore me than be friends with me.

The rest of the day the students keep making space for me in the hallway and bow down nicely each time they see me. Did the shout out this morning made so much impression on them, or do they still see the scary Jaejoong? I calmed myself down, right?

 ---

 

It is 5pm when I stand outside of the building waiting for my two female colleagues. The evening is quite chilly and I stuff myself in my shawl a little deeper. Even though I worked on this school for several years, walking around in the evening still scares me. Somehow it gives the school a very gloomy look in the evening.

I hear female laughter coming closer and I realize they are around the corner. I quickly try to calm down my body. The still slight sensation of the fight this morning with the students is driving me crazy. I used to say something about it, but I wouldn’t dare the students would listen this well.

 

We decide to go to a simple noodles bar and I am feeling a little nervous, since I never went out for dinner with any of my colleagues.

After we ordered our food and they poured a drink for us I dare to ask them the questions that spinning in my head for the whole day already: “Why did you girls invite me out for dinner today?”

Mrs. Kanamori smiles softly. “Because it’s a pity you are leaving us, Jaejoong. We might not have talked a lot, but having you around was somehow always calming for everyone”. I feel quite shocked by this answer, because I always thought they never liked me.

Mrs. Hitomi nods proudly with the answer her colleague gives. “Somehow it always felt safe if you were around. Like you have some sort of super powers” she adds and I laugh at this sudden answer.  ‘You should know what I am’ I say in my head but all I can do is smile and blush a little.

 

We are having a great dinner and the noodles taste delicious. Even though I am not sure the taste is still accurate for me, because I heard vampires lose their taste in food? Or is that also a myth I tend to believe?

 

---

Just like this a week passes by. The students all still are bowing nicely to me, colleagues all thanking me for the great years, the two female students were talking to me a lot suddenly. I felt better than I ever felt before and before I realize its Saturday evening 6pm. I am on my way to the mansion of Yunho again. My heartbeat in my throat. I am nervous, but I am not sure what is going to happen.

 

He personally invited me to be his special guest; somehow I had the feeling I had to dress up. When I arrive in front of the huge building again I see a lot of cars and other vehicles standing there. Is there a kind of prom? The nervous feeling grows as I see the butler slowly coming my way. “This way, Mr. Kim” he says and again without wanting my body starts following him.

 

I slowly follow him inside the huge mansion, finding myself not even being nervous anymore. Strange things have happened here, so nothing can be any worse.

We enter a door right in front of the entrance, of which I actually wonder if it has always been there all the times I came.

“This is the special event room” the butler says, once again like he can read my thoughts. Also this isn’t surprising me anymore I realize. Without responding I follow the butler inside the room. When I enter the room my mouth opens and I gasp of the beautiful scenery in front of me. The floor dark red with a carpet, big black curtains on the middle-aged windows. Lanterns on the wall shining from the golden touch. In front of me in the middle of the room is a circled stage. I feel nervous seeing the stage, since I am supposed to be the special guest, I have a certain feeling I end up on this stage somehow.

 

The room filled with lots of people. Some looking differently from others, standing out in the crowd, but somehow feeling at place in this huge ball room.

The butler guides me to the back of the room, where I see Jung Yunho standing. When he sees me the soft and gently smile is shown on his face again. All the moments I met him he was cold and harsh, but somehow since he walked in to my room that late at night he changed. He seems like a very warm and nice person suddenly.

“You look wonderful, tonight” Yunho says and I feel my white pale cheeks blush from his sudden comment.

“I am happy you are finally here and you are ready for this, Jaejoong” he says with a small amount of hope and relief in his voice. Hearing it I am not sure if I am supposed to be happy or even more nervous than I was before.

 

“Jaejoong” I hear his too calm voice again and I automatically look up into his dark brown eyes. “You have no idea how glad I am I found you” again this loving answer. I take a few steps back since I am not sure what to understand or what to expect.

“I…. I” is where I start but I don’t get a chance to finish my sentence.

Yunho suddenly grabs my shoulders and forces me to look into my eyes.

“You are my life, Jaejoong. I need you”.  My eyes turn big and my cheeks are burning, not sure if it’s from anger or embarrassment since he shouted these words at me, leaving a few other guests shocked.

“NO!” I screen, not sure if this is going the right way.

 

Suddenly the butler and Yunho start laughing and leaving me even more confused than I already was.

“You ARE my life, Jaejoong” Yunho replies to me and let go of my hands “Please don’t go and give me a chance to explain?”  He says somehow desperately wanting my agreement and all I can do is just simply not, realizing I always might have thought in the wrong way. Finding out who I actually am is more important this finding out Yunho might love me right? Thanks to him I changed into something I never expected to be, so I should at least find out what I really am and how I got this way, right?

All I can do is nod at him and realize it made him calm down.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to this big event” I hear the voice of the butler suddenly saying on the hue circled stage.

“Please welcome the landlord Jung Yunho up here, because today is a big event!” 

A loud applause is heard when the butler mentions his name.

“Wait here till I call you” Yunho says to make and walks toward the immense stage, filled with hundreds of people around it.

With each step he gets closer to the stage I feel my belly turning around. A nauseous feeling enters my head and I feel my body weaken. A strong smell of fresh blood enters my nostrils and making me feel even worse.

 

After Yunho entered the stage he turns his view back to me “Please welcome on stage, my great treasure I found, Kim Jaejoong”. I feel my cheeks heathen up by the way he introduces me and I see all eyes turning towards me. A loud sight is heard through the whole audience. All I see in front of me is Yunho, the beautiful Jung Yunho.

Without taking my eyes of him I walk closer to the stage, with each step the smell of blood getting stronger and stronger.

After taking a few more steps I recognize the strong smell and I realize it’s the same one I smelled in my room when Yunho was with me. Leaving me breathless I keep on walking, feeling a sensation in my body growing. My eyes must have turned red by now and my skin feels so cold even the air in the room is burning of heat on my skin.

A few more steps closer and I hear a faint heartbeat in my eyes, clearly matching with the way Yunho looks at me, calm and confident.

I slowly take a step on stage and I realize all eyes are locked on mine. I turn around to see the audience all standing there without moving.

“Jaejoong” Yunho his calm voice speaks in the silence. “I know you want it” he says bending his neck a little. A sudden pain runs through my entire body and before I even realize my body is standing in touch with Yunho his body. My lips a few inches away from his neck, where the throbbing of his heart is heard even closer.

“Please” I hear Yunho almost bag in my eyes.

The smell of his blood is driving me crazy and my craving to pierce my fangs in his neck is too high for me to take. I feel my body turning colder and colder and with each second I wait I feel more indoctrinated by the smell of his blood.

“Jaejoong, this is what you waited for, please?” Yunho says and I am standing there silently, not sure what to do. The desire for my fangs to touch his neck is high, but my human side is holding me back, not sure what will happen when I can taste the thing I longed for so long.

“Please?” another beg from Yunho, which is enough to convince me. If he wants it this badly, there should be a good reason right?

 

The moment my fangs touch his skin the adrenaline runs through my body and when I pierce them through his skin a faint moan next to me is heard coming from Yunho his mouth. I lock my lips on his neck and once I start I feel my whole body burning in sensation. A pleasure so strong I haven’t felt ever before.

When the feeling slows down a little I take up my fangs, leaving two perfectly small holes in his neck, making it look perfect.

 

Yunho is looking at me and again the faint smile is seen on his face. “Thank you” he says leaving me smiling at him too.

Suddenly my vision turn black and I feel my body weaken. The last thing I hear and feel is Yunho screaming my name and catching me.

 

 

 

I shivered feel the cold strong wind hitting my body.

 Darkness around me, without a destiny for me.

This is where it ends.

I can't remember what happened. I only know I heard the words of the butler.

No, wait, my butler.

That person visited my place for the first time a few months ago.

Saying he was send by the world to save me.

From the beginning, I didn't trust him,

And in the end, I was the thing I shouldn't have done?

Now the words he said: ''This way.'' brought me here.

 

I realize this is a dream, but I can’t wake up.

“Yunho, do you want to live forever?” I hear a sudden voice and when I turn around I see the butler of Jung Yunho standing there. A small child, which is Yunho I suppose, is standing there nodding happily.

“I can make it happen, but you need someone” the butler says kicking a boy his side. In shock I stare at the small innocent face of the boy. His dark doe eyes staring happily at Yunho, realizing this is the small me.

“This boy, he can change the way of your life, but you need to protect him forever” the butler says, leaving me speechless about what I just see in front of my eyes. So I was a well known person to Yunho all along? How come I am not able to recognize him all this time?

“One thing,” the butler continues. “You need to find him to fulfill your eternal wish. Before you turn 25, you need to find him again. In 20 years you can live forever, in the house you want, with whom you want, but…” the butler stops pointing his finger at the little me. “You need to find him; else your soul is mine”.

Yunho nods quickly and all I hear at last is both of the small kids screaming.

 

When I open my eyes I see two big white lights shining through my vision. Slowly the face is Yunho is shown in front of me and I get up in shock.

“You sold your life to the devil, just to live forever?” 

Yunho nods happily, “but now I found you so I can live forever!” he says helping me to get up and grab my shoulders.

I push him away. “No! You sold my life as well!”  I say angry, not realizing why he is acting so happy.

 

The butler walks closer and I feel a certain scared emotion running in my body “No, Jaejoong. He sold his life to safe you. Your parents sold you for eternal life. You were mine, till Yunho came to safe his friend. Both of you living forever and finding each other was only possible if he truly believed in the friendship between both of you”.

 

I look up at Yunho.

“Welcome back, Jaejoong” he says while his eyes slowly turn deep red and his fangs appear.

“Glad to be back, Yunho”.

 

The End~  

 

-------

Finally I finished this story! I had trouble finding a good ending! it was so thrilling writting this one since I didn't actually like horror stories. I have an imaginary mind, so i basically pictured each scene in my head. Especially got inspiration at night or late evening... so basically I had nightmares afterwards... xD

Anyway~ it was so nice writing it!

A sequal is coming to this story! so stay tuned for my new one! Though I am not sure what is going to happen during this sequal ...

 

Anyways thank you for reading this fanfic!! <3 I really hope you loved