Man in Love (Taeminzy)

Kaiminzy & Taeminzy Drabbles

A/N: Inspired by the love story of the beautiful couple, Sean and Hye Young. It isn't perfect and I didn't edit this but I just hope you enjoy it. :)

 

 

 

 

When Taemin first met her, she was absolutely stunning despite her odd purple shade hair. That sharp chin that was previous hidden behind her short hair appeared so defined that he would have believed she went under knife. Then again, her birthday just passed so it was possible that she was still forming well into a voluptuous woman. None of that matters frankly, it was just a plus that she had such a beautiful body that comes with the beautiful face. What made him fall for her was her gentleness and beautiful smile that formed with her plump lips as her eyes disappear into cute little crescents. Okay, no, it is actually love at first sight, everything else was just a bonus. 

 

Approaching her took him a lot of courage but it was nothing compared to her rejecting him flat when Taemin asks for a date. Probably he was too straightforward for a stranger in the industry to just approach her and ask for a date, but he does not give up easily since they can barely meet due to different schedules as a singer in the first place. Without fail, he called her everyday to just hear her voice even if she doesn't want to go out with him. What is more surprising is that, even though Minji knew that he was the one calling, she still picked up the phone nevertheless. Even when the calls were filled with silence at times, they still continue on without hanging up on each other. 

 

It was probably through the phonecalls that they started getting comfortable with each other and give themselves a chance to meet and date. It was just fortunate as well that the day they decided to meet falls on her mother's birthday, so being the gentleman Taemin was brought up into, he bought Minji's mother a perfume and a bouquet of roses despite meeting her for the first time. Minji told him beforehand that it wasn't required but he just thought that her mother deserves at least that for giving birth to such a beautiful daughter. Initially they were suppose to have a date after celebrating her mother's birthday but Taemin insists that they stayed on and celebrate together as it is rare to be able to meet with family members especially being a popular singer in Korea. Eventually, that day became their first date together.

 

Since Taemin got along so well with the family members as well as had a fun date with Minji, they had consequent dates that followed after during their free time from their busy schedules. Although their time together isn't as much as they wanted it to be, they filled their loneliness and longing with constant calls to each other, mostly Taemin but he doesn't mind doing so as long as he gets to hear her voice even for just a few seconds. There are even times when they had to be away from each other for a very long time, longest being a year and a half but their constant communication with each other is the one that helps their relationship to keep going strong despite being under wraps from the media. 

 

Their dates and anniversaries do not go on without events. One of the few Taemin remembered clearly was when he tried cooking for the first time. He visited Minji who was down from a fever and had to have and IV drip inserted to her to keep her going. She wanted to have Seol Leong Tang but since it was snowing badly outside and it was impossible to make a delivery, he tried cooking it for her instead with the ingredients she had in the kitchen as well as his mom's help over the phone. Thanks to the help of his mother, he was able to get the right taste for a first timer and serve it carefully to Minji who was not only surprised that he cooked but also the fact that it tastes good. Even though she was a better cook than him, sometimes he can't help but give in to her when she wants his famous Seol Leong Tang again.

 

There was also another event when he surprised her at the filming location of her comeback music video with a new bag backpack that he designed himself since he knew how much she likes to have unique items of her own. It was then their 1000 days anniversary and although he had a tight schedule that day, he prepared the short surprise event for her because he loves doing the events as much as she loves receiving them. He recalled how his presence was secretly hidden by her oppas who came to support them as well. When it was her turn to begin her shoot, Taemin prepared himself. The scene that she was supposed to take was with a robot. Walking in front of her in the hidden robot suit and mask, he did as instructed by the director. Just as they finish their take, Minji had the stylist attend to her for touch up, it was then that Taemin tapped her shoulder after taking out the mask. He clearly remembers her shocked face when he mentioned of their 1000 days together. He also presented her with the bag that he had designed for her and he smiled when she opened the bag. Inside was exactly 1000 red roses filled in the bag to signify their 1000 days of loving each other. Even after a week after the event, his girl called him to say that the smell of the roses still linger in the bag.

 

Of course it wasn't just him who keeps giving her surprising events, she does the same to him as well. There was once when he had promotions to be done endlessly throughout the whole year without break. Starting from Korea and then to Japan with a repackaged album again in their homeland before returning back to Japan for work again. Despite the fatigue, the habit of hearing her voice everyday was one of the reasons he kept going on and striving harder in both countries as a singer.  However one day, when he called her after a tiring schedule, she didn't pick her call and that got him worried. He tried calling the whole night but still no response and it was out of the ordinary since she will always pick up her call unless she was in an event but she would at least still return his phonecall. Calling her unnies who mentioned that she went out for awhile on her own, he started to worry even more until he heard a knock at his hotel room. When he opened the door, he realized that it was Minji. It was her version of a surprise and she brought along his favourite crepes as well for them to eat while they talk to each other. Eventually, he learnt that she took a day off from practice to come and visit because she heard that he was worn out from the tight schedules as well as the travelling. Even though she was only with him for a few hours before flying back to Korea, it definitely multiplied his energy and determination to do well. 

 

Love has never been so perfect until Taemin met Minji and he learnt to love not only them but also love the fact that sometimes they not only spend their time dating secretly but doing charity work as well. Some netizens may think that they are seeking attention for helping others but whatever the reasons they put up, he knew well enough that both of them are doing it out of sincerity for others who are less fortunate than them. He finds joy especially being with the orphan kids that Sean sunbaenim have always donated and supported. He recalls how YG family tend to give up their time to help others in need but all that allows him to open his eyes and heart besides with just the fame he receives. All of these personal activities that he does have never been so much fun and touching when doing it with someone you love. He was thankful that Minji suggested doing this together, it was definitely a must do if he gets a free time from his schedules especially when he gets to do it with his girl. Now he understood the position Sean and Hye Young sunbaenim was in. Not only their love for others is strong but their love for each other grows stronger as they give back to society. Like what the perfect Korean couple lives by, 'I will love you more today than yesterday'. 

 

He hopes that the way they have been together the past years will remain the same with their phonecalls, donations and fun dates as well as anniversaries. That was how Taemin fell in love the past few years and to show his appreciation for the lovely Minji who has chosen him out of the many suitors, he will be proposing to her in front of their thousands of fans at their concert. That will be the real start of the events he has prepared for her and more after when they finally get to settle down with each other and have their own family. That was how hard he has fallen for his wife-to-be. The story of a man in love.