We were like sisters

Searching For Mr Right

The next morning, I woke up and prepared myself as I decided what I should be doing because last night I was thinking about it. As usual, I ate breakfast with my parent and Minho. Me and Minho was walking to school and I broke the silence "I’m going to talk to her" he looked at me and asked "With Sulli?" I made a dumb face and stated "Well duh! Who else could it be?" Minho then replied "I don’t know, there are many people in this world!" I looked at him "Oh, tell me then. Who could it be other than Sulli?" He blinked at me a few times and didn’t say anything. I nodded "See, you can’t even think of someone else!" I laughed because of his confuse expression on his face. Minho then responded "I was just making sure! You know you always talk about random things randomly!" I gave him an evil stare and denied "I do not!" We were both walking when he had this conversation and then I walked quicker than him after saying that to him. However, Minho catches up to me and giggled at me "You always do!" We were walking at the same pace now and when he stopped laughing he said "It’s good to get everything sorted." He smiled at me and carried on looking forward walking.

Throughout the whole walk we were just talking like normal but it seems like something has changed, I feel like the feeling between us is different. Even though we’re right next to each other walking but I feel so far apart from him. I wonder why, unexpectedly we already arrived right outside our homeroom.

The bell rang when me and Minho sat down on our own desk. I thought okay looks to the side and saw Sulli already seated on her desk, I’ll talk to her at break time. During the 2 lessons we had Maths which I didn’t pay any attention as I was gathering all the things I want to say to Sulli in my mind.

Soon, it was break time, I walked over to Sulli standing right next to her when she was still sitting down, I asked "Can I speak to you?" She looked up at me from her desk and answered "There’s no reason for us to talk." She carried on putting her pencil case inside her bag. Of course I wouldn’t give up as I decided to talk to her, I then said "I just want to say something quickly, and it won’t take long." She slowly got up from her desk and replied "Okay, where?" I took her out of the classroom and to the rooftop where we always go when we have our lunch and usually at break time there wouldn’t be anyone there so that we could talk privately.

I stood there facing her and she looked away from me and questioned "We are strangers! You have nothing to do with me, What do you want?" I must say something, I can tell that Sulli was lying and I answered "Strangers?" I paused and thought say everything that has been in my mind, I continued "After so many years of friendship how can we be strangers?" Sulli looked at me and stated "Don’t you remember what I did to you?" I yelled at her, "I know and I made you like that…" I turned my voice softer "The fact that you know me for so long, we were just normal best friends. We were more than that! We were more like… sisters. I can’t let something like this ruined our friendship and I don’t want to, I won’t let it happen!" Tears were falling from my eyes, "You were like a sister to me, how could I let you walk out of my life?" I could see in front of me Sulli’s eyes were sparkling, there were tears falling from her eyes one by one. Sulli looked down on the floor, holding her hand into a fist shape and called out "But I betrayed you!" I walked closer to her and held her hands on mine, I gently said "Yes, you did but I ignore and didn’t know how painful you were." I looked at her in the eyes and said "I didn’t think I had the right to be your best friend as I gave you so much pain but" I sniff and smiled at her, "But when you cried, I realise how much regret you had and you still wanted me to be your best friend." I wiped the tears from my cheeks and continued "I may not be the perfect best friend but I will try." Sulli was crying when I was saying all this and I cried as well when suddenly…