Complete Strangers

Searching For Mr Right

This was impossible I thought, he slowly removed his lips away from mine and walked straight passed me. I was left standing there on my own; I put my hand on my heart and thought to myself why is my heart beating non-stop like I couldn’t breathe. I was so confused and I was trying to think about what was happening, I went to the toilet to wash my face so that I would know if this was all just a dream or not. While washing my face, I touched my lips and thought it was real; his gentle soft lips met mine. The moment I thought about the kiss, my heart was beating again. I was beginning to think that I was going crazy as I couldn’t stop this from happening.

After a few minutes of trying to get myself back to normal state, I walked to the basketball court and apologised to the teacher for suddenly leaving. It seems like Mr Kim didn’t even notice that I left because everyone was just playing basketball the way they want. I went to Amber and Luna who was already playing a game of basketball with the other classmates; I took a quick look around to see where Minho was. I noticed Minho was playing basketball with his friends and of course he was good as always, when he saw me looking at him, he quickly looked away from me. I thought to myself, is he avoiding having eye contact with me? But the way he was looking at me I felt my heart beat again. Anyway, I played basketball with the other classmates trying to act normal.

It was already the end of the day at school as I was packing my pencil case and books in my school bag, Sulli suddenly stood next to me and asked "Can I have a talk with you?" I looked over at her serious face and answered "Yeh…" I saw Minho in front of me, I looked at him and then when our eyes met he just left me and walked out of the room. I didn’t think that Minho will be doing this after kissing me; I have no idea what he was thinking. Back to Sulli, I knew that sooner or later, we will have a talk anyway even though I wasn’t fully prepared but I know that I need to talk to her.

She lead me to the back of the school building where me and Taemin was talking before as it was after school so there wasn’t anyone to distract us. Her back was facing towards me and she then started "You want to talk to me right?" She slowly turns around to face me and I replied "Yes…" I stopped and took a deep breath; I thought I should just say everything in my mind right now. I wanted to know the reason why she done that, I want to know why we become like this, I want to know everything. I began "Why? Why did you have to do this to me? My boyfriend and you, my best friend… Why did you betray me?" I then I said "I didn’t think it was true but it was something that I saw with my own eyes, you broke our promise but why?" I looked at Sulli in the eyes and she laughed. I was confused, I didn’t know what was so funny about this and then she answered "You ask me why… we’ve been friends for so long like since we were born." She paused and continued "But did you know, every time you talk about your boyfriend, how hurt you are because your boyfriend cheated on you or lied to you. I was always there for you listening to everything you say. I comfort you and make you feel happy."

I could hear Sulli’s voice started to crack and she took a deep breath "Let me tell you something, at least you had boyfriend before! You were hurt but you been in a relationship before, you been in love. What about me? Nothing, you always talk about how hurt you are because of your boyfriend. Well, at least you were in a relationship. I hated it when you always complained about this." Tears started falling from Sulli’s eyes, I was intensely listening to this and she swallowed hard "I couldn’t take it anymore especially when Taemin appeared; I thought I was in love but you had to ruin it. Taemin became your boyfriend and I didn’t even know why. What do you have that I don’t? Why is it you not me?" More tears started to fall and I could feel tears falling from mine as well, I was speechless but she carried on "I decided to do this so I was prepare to lose my best friend, I was prepare to lose everything. I wanted to do something for myself." We were both crying non-stop and I finally said something, it was the only word I could think of "Sorry… Sorry… I didn’t" More tears were falling and Sulli stopped me from speaking more "It’s too late… From tomorrow, we are both complete strangers… You don’t know me and I don’t know you… We have… nothing to do with each other…" Those words hurt me so much as Sulli finished saying that she quickly ran away, leaving me still standing there.

The tears from my eyes kept falling; my legs lost the strength to carry on standing so I ended up falling with my knees on the ground. I didn’t know the pain Sulli was feeling all this time, I was crying and crying, I have no idea what I should do and the only thing I could say to Sulli was ‘Sorry’ I didn’t know I was the reason turning the sweet Sulli this way, the pain from my heart was so unbearable if only I know all this pain she was hiding from me. I was so stupid to not realise how painful she is when she’s smiling at me and making me happy. I thought that maybe it was better this way, I don’t have the right to be Sulli’s best friend after hurting her that much maybe being strangers will be the best for us.


___________________________________________________________

I'm starting to plan out another story guys~ because this one I've ready planned out~
Enjoy!~ More Chapters to come!