Inside, Out

R.A. (Robot Apocalypse) *Hiatus

My head was pounding. That’s the only thing I can comprehend. I shook my head and sat up, daring to open my eyes as a bright source blinded me. Cursing, I put my hand on my eyes and stood. My legs nearly gave out on me, but I held myself together. “What the Hell?” The last thing I remember was Jiyong taking me out with the taser, but here I was, surrounded by nothing but bright lights and a firm white ground. “I must be dreaming.” I concluded and looked around.

If I pinch myself, that’d wake me up right? I tried once, twice but that didn’t work. “None of that is going to work.” I turned to be faced with only…me. Well, the ‘real me’. She smirked, dressed in a black tee and jeans. No shoes were on her feet, just plain white socks, but her makeup was done heavily, the way I do it and she wore a white Snapback with its bill pointed away from me.

What interested me was that the white hat she wore had words sewn into it: Too fast to live, too young to die. With a slam of her foot, the ground shook and the pure whiteness my eyes had just adjusted to crumbled and revealed the honesty of this part of ‘our’ mind. It looked like we had stepped into the depths of Hell. Red stone, dark lights and-what made me laugh out loud-a golden throne with a staff to match by its side. She stepped up to it and sat down, sighing as she relaxed, “You’re in my world now, .” She waved her hand and a chair appeared in front of me. I looked at her and she nodded, “Have a seat.”

Reluctantly, I had no choice but to obey her. So I sat down and she adjusted herself, swinging her legs over an arm of the throne, “What is this bull?” I asked.

“My world.” She gestured the whole scene and with a proud smile, took the staff and looked at it, “After all, a Queen should live like one.”

“It’s that excessive cockiness that lowered your guard and got you like this in the first place.” I snapped, noticing that her smug smirk was finally gone.

She frowned and then scoffed, “Who do you think you’re talking to? I’m the damned Lee Chaerin, for Christ’s sake!” For the first time, her voice made me uncomfortably question my own power over the body. But it lasted for about a second.

“What does that make me?” I wondered aloud, tapping my chin, “Am I CL?” We both knew that those two were different people all together.

“You’re just a chip.” She stated again, “You’re not a living person-“

“I’m breathing aren’t I?”

Her smart mouth went off again, “Does breathing mean you’re living?” I rolled my eyes, “All you want to do is obey Spike, do his dirty work, make him like you… All this without question.” She threw her staff around, “You were programmed for everything you do, every thought that enters your mind-mine originally.”

“So what?” I asked, standing, meeting her gaze, “All this was yours, I get it!” I gestured to my own body, “But you’re part of me now. Chip or not, I’m as Hell a tougher than you ever were!”

I didn’t think she’d take it as an insult. But she did. A gasp and scoff escaped and she slammed the staff down, making the ground shake again. Instead of changing the scene, her clothes changed. Her hair turned back its original blonde state; it slicked back and up to create a hump on the top of her head. A black dress replaced her casual t-shirt and jeans, covering her arms and down to the back of her legs, exposing her front. God damn, this body’s legs were no joke. Over her dress was a puffy vest, the hood down so her hair wouldn’t get messed up. And to finish it all off, giant heels that she walked with ease in and nails as sharp as knives.

Gripping the golden staff, she marched up to me with confidence and charisma. The flames in her eyes couldn’t be contained, and to be honest, that worried me. She stopped in front of me and smirked, “No one’s a tougher than me. Not even you and your army of zombies.” She swung the staff into my side and the breath was knocked out of my system. I collapsed to the ground and gasped, the of her staff pointed against my neck. “The one thing I regret is letting you overcome my body.” She admitted, “I will get this body back. It’s still mine.”

“You keep saying that.” I grumbled, staring at her, “It’s been six months. Can’t figure anything out?” The staff came tighter on my throat and I stopped.

She growled, “If only I could kill you right here… If only things were so easy.” She sighed and placed her staff beside her, “Not everything has an escape plan. My friends will show you the tough way of earning something. They’re not letting you go.”

“Fine! I say bring it on!” I snapped at her.

She gritted her teeth tightly and her hand on the staff turned white. The scene collapsed and I felt my head rock back, everything going black as she hit me with her dull weapon.

 

The body behind me stirred as I drove. I groaned, revving up my EMF, trying to look at her body through the rear view mirror. I don’t want to talk to her. Not this thing. If I hear her voice…it’ll drive me insane, and I might just lose it. But she woke up, batting her eyes of sleep and tried moving her hand. She finally noticed her restraints and roughly tried pulling her arm up, “Stop.” I grumbled, “We’ll fall down into the Earth with all your moving around.”

“Good.” She growled, “You and your can rot in Hell.”

It took every ounce of strength in my body to not kill her right then. Sure, Chae calls herself a , I call her a and the others can call her a . And even though it sounds odd, just hearing the word not in context with our meaning made me angry. I felt her head hit mine and for once, imagined it was really Chaerin in there. This was her body, her voice, but it was not her.

If this situation were different, if I were holding hands with my Chaerin, and happened to see her doppelganger, I wouldn’t fall in love with both of them. I love one for who she is, not for what she looks like. “Where are we going?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” I replied and she groaned, “What do you call yourself?”

“At Spike’s lair they call me ‘CL’.” She said it as if it were obvious.

I flinched, “Something other than that.”

“Lee Chaerin?” She was doing this to get on my nerves and it was working so well.

My ride came to a halt and I screamed, “I CAN’T HANDLE THIS PAIN IN THE ! SOMEONE ELSE TAKE HER!”

TOP and Taeyang came on my right and looked at us, “Ji. Just handle it, ignore her.”

I groaned, “How can I ignore her if she’s got the same body, the same voice? Every word that comes out of is driving me crazy!”

Bom and Dara came on my left and they shook their heads. Bom bared her teeth and glared at the girl behind me, “Just looking at her, knowing it’s not CL is driving me crazy.”

“How about this?” She asked sarcastically, “Kill me.”

I wanted to. So bad, but Chaerin was still inside her and I wanted to get her back more than anything. “Fine. I’ll handle it for a little longer.”

Teasingly, smugly, the robot giggled and I almost threw her off, “Let’s see how long you last with your precious Chaerin behind you.”

I groaned and spoke out loud, continuing on with the drive, “Chae…I know you’re still in there. Do you see what I’m going through for you?” I scoffed, “I still have faith in you baby. We all do, we’ll wait patiently for you to return to us. But please hurry…this is killing me. Love you.”

She snorted and hissed to herself-or Chaerin, “Shut up…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I love Akdong Musician's debut album! It's really good, I honestly didn't think I'd like them since I heard their music might not flow right with main stream music, but they're really good! Like...Lee Chanhyuk is one talented guy and Soohyun's singing is really mature. I'm glad their album is so good and that YG's doing a ton of stuff right now. I mean-2NE1 is on Running Man for the second time!! Park Bom is on 'Roomate' (they both air the same day BTW ;w;). NONA9ON is sadly not some sort of musical collaboration but it's a clothing brand...I now know where I must spend all my money. I hope WINNER and those other groups debut soon...but it's still a YG Year~! ERM-onto the story now, enjoy the update, this story is still a bit confusing for me on where I want to go, especially since my mind is making up these new story ideas... I never stop, I just continue things and never finish >< Lol, l'm thankful for all of you waiting for me. (I should like give you all a 'Best Subscribers on a Story' Award ^^) Love you guys (.^_^.) 

-TAIwin <3