A Tale of Encounters

It Came Back To Hunt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Gem and Lili

The morning sun shined brightly through the rooms curtains. Gem stirred awake. Her eyes slowly opened to be greeted by the white ceiling. She glanced over at the desk clock. 10:23am the clock read. It was Saturday morning and usually it would be Gem’s off day but because she had bigger plans in mind she decided she would work non-stop. She attempted to sit up until pain shot through her shoulder. “Ouch” she said to herself as she reached over to touch her shoulder. “It’s wet” she thought to herself as she withdrew her hand that now had blood on it. She got up quietly and went towards the bathroom. In the mirror she saw that her shirt was soaked with blood. “The stab wound Lili gave me is more serious than I thought”.  She quickly showered and dressed her wound. She exited the bathroom to find that Lili was still asleep. She headed towards the closet to get her work clothes and then went to make her bed. There was a tiny blood spot and she grimaced. She snatched the blankets off the bed and picked up the phone. “Hi! yes I would like to request clean bedding please for room 421. Oh okay thank you.” She said as she hung up the phone.

 

Sizzle….sizzle…..sizzle…..

“I know that sound…but I’m not ready to get up yet”

“I know that smell…but I’m still not ready to get up yet”

“Yah piglet….how long do you intend to sleep”

“piglet… yes that’s me… piglet.. I know that name anywhere”

“Taeminnie” Lili sat straight up with her arms stretched out and a huge grin on her face.

“What the hell are you cheesing about?” Gem asked. “Yea that’s definitely not Taemin” Lili laid back down in defeat. She glanced at the clock 11:30am. “You’re a cruel unnie for getting my hopes up” Gem just looked at her in confusion. Next thing Gem knew Lili jumped quickly out of bed and ran straight for the kitchen. Gem followed her crazy sister and found her already taking a bite from her freshly made burrito. Gem wrapped 3 burritos and threw them in her work bag. “Unnie it’s Saturday you don’t have work, remember”  “Overtime” Gem simply stated. She kissed her sister goodbye and left before she could ask her anymore questions.

End of P.O.V

Author P.O.V.

“So this is where they’re hiding” a boy with a Mohawk said smirking. “Run Devil Run” the boy with shades said smirking, referring to a particular red head he was dying to meet again. “This should be fun…let the games begin.”

The two strangers drove into town rolling about, scoping out their surroundings. They soon arrived at a house. “This is it....” they went inside the house. “We’ll set up everything and then go out to get a better feel of the city.” The Mohawk boy said. “Ok cool” the boy wearing shades held up the ok sign with his hands. After moving in to their new home, the boys were hungry and set out. The boys scoped out nearby stores, parks, restaurants, and much more. After familiarizing themselves with the area they caught the bus and headed deeper into the city. They arrived at a nearby café and decided that is where they would stop and eat. “I’ll go to the nearby park and wait for you there” the other boy proceeded inside the shop.

 

Gem’s P.O.V.

“Welcome to Café Kiss… Kiss Me and I’ll Kiss You” Kevin said with an overly excited voice. “I’m sorry I’m not gay” the customer said. Kevin looked up at the man with a confused expression and then smiled, “ahh you must be new in town everyone knows that is our café’s motto.” The man proceeded to make his order and then sat down. I was simply taking a break because the café had been busy all afternoon and I was dead tired. The man that walked in proceeded to a table in front of me. He walked by me and his cologne was enticing. I looked up and saw a skinny, y boy with white shades. He sported a simple blonde hairstyle covered by a blue hat. He wore a white shirt and blue jeans. Pretty simple but yet HOT. He removed his shades and fiddled with them in his hands. I went to get a good look at his face and “Oh ME” I said out loud. The man looked my way and smiled a y boyish grin. “I’m sorry did you say something to me” he asked. I shook my head and got up trying not to show the panic rising in my body. “Kai can you please deliver this order.” Eli called out to me. I quickly made my way to the counter and picked up his order. He watched me closely and I was beginning to get nervous. All types of questions began to float through my head as I approached his table. “Your order” I said and simply walked away but a hand caught my wrist. He turned me around he looked into my eyes. “You’re beautiful” I gave him a smirk. I don’t believe I was complimenting his earlier. Stupid doesn’t even recognize me.” “And not to mention you have a killer body.” “jerk”. Sadly I couldn’t be rude, “Thanks but no thanks” I said walking away. “Who does this chick think she is blowing me off like that” he said aloud to himself.

 

“If GD is here YB isn’t too far behind.” I was walking away when I felt a hand touch my . “Firm just like I like it” his annoying voice sounded off in my ears. I turned around to meet that annoying arrogant smirk I hate so much. Pissed I attacked him almost landing a punch. I can tell he was shocked that I would retaliate and immediately began blocking. He immediately caught my wrist and I began kicking, releasing my wrist to block my kicks I began punching again but my wounded arm gave out. So I did the next best thing. “KAI, DON’T KILL HIM.” But it was too late I had already threw the café chair at him and I was pissed to know he caught it. “I’m nobody’s chick and if you touch me again you’re DEAD”. I stormed off with Alexander and Eli following me.

End of p.o.v

Author P.O.V.

“Are you okay” Kevin asked. “WHY THE HELL ARE YOU HIRING BIONIC WOMEN TO WORK IN A CAFÉ? IS SHE EVEN A WOMAN?” GD said to Kevin. “Yep she’s a lot of woman to handle, nice try though” he said walking off. GD grabbed his stuff and left the café as a girl was running in not forgetting to throw him a glare before she entered.

End of P.O.V

A little while earlier…

Lili P.O.V.

 

“Hi welcome to Mc.Donalds may I take your order” the cashier said. I smiled, “Yes can I have 2 double cheeseburgers no pickles and extra onions, A 20 piece chicken nugget with chipotle bar b que sauce, 2 super sized fries, and 2 large chocolate shakes.” The people in line heard my large order and gasped. “the cashier looked me, “How do you keep your figure?” I smiled, “training” and I left the counter. I was sitting at a table waiting for my order. I was observing the table of four boys in front of me who were having a great time arguing in a playful way. I envied how close they seemed to appear. My order number was called and I went to get it.  I left McDonald’s and was cornered by a group of girls. “You’re ugly” the said. “and you’re in my way”. If she thought calling me ugly was an insult then she’s definitely dumb. “I don’t like the way you said that” the other girl said. “I really hate girls” I thought to myself. “Get her” another girl said. A hand proceeded to hit me. I easily caught her wrist. “Look I have somewhere to go, I’m hungry and you don’t mess with me when I’m hungry. Now beat it, and if my food is cold I’m coming back to find you got it.” I said releasing her now sprung wrist. “You won’t get away with this, wait until my boyfriend whose a gang leader hears about this.” The girl said running off. “Whatever” and I continued my way to the café. I was walking listening to “Be My Girl” when a figured blocked me. “Who turned off the lights” I said looking up to find a boy in front of me. “Can I help you” “yea you nearly broke my girls wrist earlier.” I tippy toed to peer over his shoulder I seen the girl standing there with her arms crossed. “Oh yeah I remember her” I said lightly. “you’re gonna pay for what you did to her.” “I’m not afraid of the big bad wolf “ I said. He laughed out loud. While he continued to be full of his self I scoped out my competition, the 4 girls from earlier, 3 guys next to them, and 2 across the street. “It seems I get an early workout.” I thought to myself.

 

He was done laughing, I sat my food down and began cracking my knuckles. He laughed at me, “Big mistake little girl” he went to take a swing at me when another hand caught his wrist. “Leave the girl alone” the boy said. I looked up to find the four boys from Mc.Donalds earlier. “You think you’re big because you blocked my punch.” He went to do it again but the boy already socked him. The oh so scary gang leader (Yes I’m being sarcastic) fell to the ground. His men were about to attack when another boy appeared. This boy was gorgeous; he shot the boy a glare and the gang leader immediately sat up. “Long time no see, Namstar”. The boy just gave him a look. “let’s go” the gang leader said and rounded up his gang. “NOONA are you okay” a boy with curly hair and big pinks lips said. “Yea how did you get on their bad side?” a cute boy with kinda spiky hair asked. “I nearly broke his girlfriend’s wrist when she attacked me earlier.” “That’s badass, the colored hair boy that socked the leader earlier said. “Yea I’m badass” I said. The boy sporting a short 2 toned hair style laughed. “sure you are” he said. I burst into laughter. “I’m sorry you….aahahahhahahahahahhahaha you look like a shark…ahahahahhahahahahah”. We all began laughing except him. “Guys we’re needed back at the club” the supposed Namstar said. “Noona you sure you’re gonna be alright do you want us to drop you off somewhere?” I nodded my head to the thick lip curly head boy. “I’m fine”. The cute spiky haired one did a michael Jackson pose, “Okay we’re leaving” I laughed he’s so cute…

 

At the park…

“Now where is that little boy girl, he better not be here bothering my unnie” I said aloud to no one in particular. I was looking through the binoculars through the big picture window of Café Kiss. “Unnie is so aayyy in her uniform look at her working hard.” “Now a cute boy with a blue cap is entering the shop as unnie decides to take her break.” I said sounding like a commenter narrating a football game. The boy next to me began to laugh. “You’re noisy” he said. I shot him a so what do something look. I continued to watch on now watching that blue cap boy tap unnie on the . “He’s going to die in 3, 2, 1…” “yep she just blew a fuse, let me go help.” At these comments the boy next to me turned around to watch the scene too. Gem unnie was now picking up a chair. “WHAT THE HELL DID HE DO?” the boy next to me removed his cap and that’s when I realized who he was. “KAI DON’T KILL HIM” I heard one of U-KISS oppa’s scream. I have bigger things to worry about as I got up and ran to the café. As I was going in I shot the boy a glare and went to the back to find unnie.

Lili P.O.V. end

Author P.O.V.

GD ran out of the café. “Crazy woman almost killed me”. “What the hell did you do” YB said. “All I did was touch her ” he threw up his hands in defense. “She should have killed you Taeyang said. GD handed Taeyang his stuff. “It’s cold” he threw GD a glare. They sat in silence for awhile. “There’s something about her, that attitude, her strength it reminds me off the red head. YB “so you’re trying to tell me you think that’s Gem.” He said. “It looks nothing like her.” And GD began, “ the girl is smaller than her, the GEM we met that night looked healthier.” But… GD trailed off

“Go on” said YB. GD thought for a minute… remember when we first met them. YB nodded, “well I happened to call her chick and she repeated the same words Gem said that day.

 

FLASHBACK…

“Thanks but no thanks” I said. “ Who does this chick think she is blowing us off like that” asked GD. I scoffed and rolled my eyes and quickly put my sai to his throat. “ I’m nobodies chick” and with that she and her sis stormed off. “ Who are they” Taeyang asked. “ They are my daughters Hwang Min-kyu and Hwang Minki better known as the Zodiac assassins Gemini and Libra(Gem and Lili).

FLASHBACK END…..

“I don’t know but we should watch her until then, an assassins greatest weapon is disguise…” GD said looking up to the sky.

Author P.O.V. END

Gem and Lili

Lili p.o.v

 

I walked to the back and Gem was calming herself down. I greeted my U-kiss oppas. “Lili I’m happy you’re here.” That can’t be good she said she’s happy to see me. “waeyo..” she looked at me and then to U-KISS oppas. “Is it alright if I leave early.” They nodded. “Ofcourse we can finish things up here, don’t worry go.” Gem proceeded to stand up and fell back down, wincing a little. “UNNIE” I screamed as 3 pairs of arms reached out to catch her. “Oooh sorry, I guess I’m just a little dizzy.” Gem grabbed my hand and proceeded to leave. I didn’t budge, “I’m hungry can we eat first?” I pouted as I held up the McDonald’s bag. “No fair what about oppa’s?” the 3 glanced at me. “I’m sorry next time.” I said. “Hand me my bag” gem said. I did as told and she pulled out 3 burritos, oppa’s I packed you guys lunch… taste it.” They took the burritos from her began to chow down. “This amazing…” Eli said. “I know unnie is the best cook ever and she can cook various dishes.” I said proudly. Gem and Lili made their way to the front to eat. “It’s cold” lili complained. “whose fault is that?” Gem said. “Not mine the stupid girl and her gang leader boyfriend.” “MWOHH Lili what did you do?”  “Nothing I swear.”

They ate their food in silence. “We’re training today. We leave as soon as I get back from the bathroom.”  Gem went to the bathroom to change her wound. “I’m losing so much blood I need to be careful.” She sighed and left.

Lili p.o.v. end

Gem and Lili caught the bus to an outside village about an hour away from the city. They then hiked to a nearby forest. Gem threw lili a bag. “Change into this and meet me in the clearing.” Gem walked away and left Lili to do her business. When she arrived at the clearing there were different targets to shoot, obstacle courses to challenge and much more. “wow when did you have time to do all this?” “I didn’t I found it like this when I came. This is an old training camp an academy used to use before it burned down.” Lili nodded in understanding. “Now sit and we’re going to work on your senses. Tell me all the sounds you hear? I’ll give you two minutes.” Gem said. Lili sat down, “this is difficult especially since I don’t have a clear mind.” “1 minute left” gems voice hung in the air. 

“List to me everything you heard” Lili began naming different things. “Pass” gem yelled. Now let’s practice shooting. They shot for 30 minutes and Lili passed that too. Next Gem and Lili completed the obstacle courses over and over for 30 minutes. Gem was going to go again for the 15th time but a hand grabbed her leg. “Unnie, I can’t go anymore I’M TIRED!!!!!!” Lili exaggeratedly said. “It’s that McDonalds slowing you down.” Lili pouted, “Double cheeseburgers are so good.” “Yea, that’s why you look like one” gem said. Lili puffed her cheeks. Letting down her guard Gem attacked her. Lili almost didn’t move out the way in time. “Oh I see how it is.” Lili and Gem entered a heated sparring match. It lasted for an hour and Gem was panting heavily. Lili was rolling on the floor. “Yah slow poke get up I’m not done yet.” “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO quit attacking me I’m tired.” “You are what you eat now get up” gem went to attack again, but soon stopped when Lili landed a kick in her injured shoulder. “I forfeit” gem said and passed out on the ground. I knocked out the almighty Gem yeah right I won’t fall for it. Lili then laid down too and noticed her unnie hadn’t moved. “Unnie don’t die, nooo I’m sorry” she wailed running over to Gem. “Hush, I’m just tired” gem breathed out. In reality her shoulder was killing her. “let me ask you something” gem began, lili stayed quiet. “What caused you to get distracted the other day when I attacked you?”

Lili thought back to that day, “I was worried about you, I was checking the time as we fought to estimate when you should be arriving so you could help me. Then I realized it was way past the time and I began to worry. I thought you were under attack as well.”

“Stupid Girl” gem smiled. “Unnie is not always going to be there to help you arasso. When you’re in battle you need to focus on your own survival. You should know by now that I’m not an easy target. I can handle myself. “

“Unnie you shouldn’t talk that way, You sound as if you’re planning to die soon.”

“Minki, you’re stronger than you think you are, you don’t need me to save you. You just need to remember not to let your guard down and be aware of your surroundings. You were too distracted to know I was tailing you because you were with that boy, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter