The protective husband

A stranger, a husband, a teacher and one best friend !

 chapter twenty-four

 The protective husband

 

________________________________________

 

"Not in a million year," Jun stood up raging. Yixing had slammed the table in anger, Ha Neul ignored the situation and just continued eating like nothing happened. "Umma, how can you do that to her? You said if she married Yixing she would be free to do what she wants." His mother rolled her eyes, "stop meddling this doesn't concern you," Jun was about to start screaming when Yixing spoke up, "we are not going to China and Ha Neul isn't going to be your puppet. I don't know if you forget but we don't owe you anything. We married each other, like you wanted but for you to decide about my wife's future, that's out of the question. Her life is here, she can't give everything up just because you want her to take care of your business. Just hire someone and leave us alone." For the first time Yixing was determined to make things clear; nobody was going to mess with Ha Neul's life, not even his parents. 

 

The sound of clapping echoed through the room, Yuan had a mocking smirk placed on his lips, " how wonderful, Yixing standing up for his wife. Well little brother, when you decided to give up on the company you should have figured out that someone else needed to take over. Who better than the daughter-in-law of the Zhang family?"

 

Yixing clenched his fist, he looked down at Ha Neul and is jaw dropped, the girl was just eating like nothing was happening. She felt his gaze on her and looked up, she flashed him a cute smile. She wiped , stood up and turned to her brother-in-law and the rest, "I think my husband was clear about this situation so I don't need to add anything to what he just said. Thank you for the meal, we will be glad to have another meal with you but if you start talking about business again I'm afraid we will have to reconsider to have family lunches with you all." She bowed, linked her arm with Yixing and started walking to the door, Jun smirked to his parents and followed his sister. 

 

"Hyung, you were perfect. I never thought you would stand up for her like that, thumbs up for you," Jun did a fist-bump thing guys would do and Ha Neul was happy. "Oppa, you weren't bad yourself, always there to protect me."

 

She gave him a tight hug, "yah, I did that for me, it's bad enough you don't live home anymore but what will happen to me if you go to another country, I think I would go crazy, start roaming around the city and eventually die of loneliness," Ha Neul shook her head and chuckled at her over-dramatical brother. Yixing smiled seeing his wife laughing with her brother and wished Yuan would be more like Jun, standing up for him instead of always following his parents. He sighed and Ha Neul noticed she linked her arm, " I didn't get dessert, what about a big ice cream with a lot if chocolate and whip cream to make us feel better" Yixing smiled, "that's your favourite," 

" duuuh,"

She started walking and than paused "actually I don't know yours," she confessed shyly, "you never told me what you like." Ha Neul realised at that moment that Yixing knew everything she liked but she never made the effort to find out his liking. "It's cookies flavour," he whispered in her ear before catching up with Jun who was signaling him to hurry, waiting in front of his car. 

 

"So Jun what are you going to do after high school," Yixing said between to sips of his bubble tea. "I'm not telling you, you will say it's silly and impossible," Jun pouted when he thought about his dream. " he wants to be a singer," Ha Neul said nonchalant. Jun shot her a glare, nobody knew that except for the two of them and Myungsoo

 

"Can you sing," Yixing asked seriously, " of course he can, my brother is the best," HaNeul said proudly before taking out her cell phone and showing Yixing a video of Jun signing. Jun was embarrassed to death and was already thinking of ways to get revenge; but he got surprised by what happened next. 

 

"If you want I can help you out with that, I have a friend who works for a label company so if you want I can introduce you to him and arrange an audition," Jun didn't know what to say and just stared in front of him. Ha Neul at the other hand was getting overly excited, she wrapped her arms around Yixing's neck and kissed his cheek, "baobei you are the best," Yixing's face turned red. Jun laughed when he saw it and Ha Neul just realised that everyone was looking at them as she screamed a bit too loud, some people gave her odd looks. She smiled, and murmured, "what's wrong with kissing your own husband, weirdos."

Yixing quickly recomposed himself and asked, "so Jun do you want me to call my friend?" 

 

Jun quickly nodded and Yixing didn't waste his time, he took out his phone and dialled the number. After talking to his friend he hung up with a big smile on his face, "okay, Chen told me you can go see him next week Friday, so prepare yourself," Jun wasn't believing what was happening. He had always hated Yixing for marrying his sister and was never really nice, and the guy just arranged him one incredible opportunity. 

 

"Hyung, thank you, really I can't thank you enough." 

"Just make sure you pass the audition, that will be enough," Yixing fist bumped him, he than turned to Ha Neul, "what are you going to do after high school?"  Ha Neul continued  to eat her ice cream while shrugging her shoulders, "seriously ? Is there nothing you like to do?" She shook her head, "frankly I always thought I would be a housewife, so I never thought about it." Yixing bursted into laughter, he had never thought that she would see herself as a housewife. "You need to do something, even if it's just to cultivate yourself and not to work later," Jun looked at Ha Neul and smirked, "she has a talent in designing, she draws cool clothes," Yixing looks at Jun and the latter one nods as to confirm what he just said.

 

"Well, we know what she will do after high school," he winks before shoving his spoon with ice cream in his wife's mouth who was about to protest. Jun laughed at his silly sister, being all worked up and glaring at her husband. 

 

They aren't that bad together

 

Arrived at home, Yixing immediately hugged his wife from behind when they got into their apartment. "I'm so happy to have you in my life. I think I'm falling in love with you," he kisses her in her neck and she flinches. She doesn't know what to answer to that, she unclasped his hands; slowly but certainly.

 

She wasn't ready for this, she still needed time. She hated herself for being like this but she couldn't help herself; everything was confusing.  She took a step back and Yixing felt he went too fast; he shouldn't have confessed or semi-confessed yet. He sighed at his mistake and just walked away, Ha Neul felt awful. She looked at her phone and dialed his number; 

 

"Are you free?" She whispered though the phone, he sensed something was upsetting her.

 "I'm always free for you, give me 20 minutes." She hung up after that and looked at the stairs, 

 

I'm sorry

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» ^^