The husband's decision

A stranger, a husband, a teacher and one best friend !

 chapter twenty five 

 The husband's decision

 

________________________________________

Yixing came down from the second floor, “Ha Neul, should we go out for dinner later?”  he got surprised that she wasn’t in the living or the kitchen. It would surprise him more to find her on the terrace ‘cause it was a bit chilly today but he still went to take a look. When he didn’t find her there he started to get worried and went back upstairs, Don’t tell me she is  mad at me and left

 

He took his phone from his desk and dialed her number several times without getting an answer. It was already a bit dark outside; that didn’t make him feel any better. He left a voicemail saying that she should call him or at least send a text. He texted Jun and he replied that he was having a date so no he didn’t knew where Ha Neul was and maybe he should try to call Myungsoo. A cold chill got through his spine when he read that name, he was about to try to call her again but he got a text. 

 

[don’t worry, I’m fine. Have dinner, don’t wait up for me.]

 

“Seriously, you think I will stop worrying if you ask me too? This girl, aiiiish” he threw his phone on his bed before jumping on it himself. “one day I’m going to lose my mind because of her, she is driving me crazy.” His phone rang and the caller ID said it was Kris, he immediately picked up. If his wife was having fun without him, he should see his friends and have fun too.

 

Myungsoo was driving, he put some music on and didn’t say a word. Ha Neul was gazing through the window and wondered if Yixing was alright, she didn’t actually reject him did she?

 

Of course I rejected him, how else would you call that? I’m so stupid now he will definitely hate me.

 

“Myungsoo let’s go to EXO, I need a drink,” she smiled brightly and he furrowed his brows. “are you sure you want to go there, I remember that the owner knows Yixing.”

 

Right, Kris and Yixing are friends, but why should that stop me? I’m not doing anything wrong.

 

“Yah, it’s bothersome to find a new place just let’s go there, it’s still early it will be empty.” Myungsoo wasn’t feeling it but she was right, it was the best place in town and searching for another one would take some time and frankly he was tired of driving around. He needed a drink too, seeing his friend like this made him depressed himself.

 

Let’s hope she will sheer a bit up.

 

“You know it’s a bit funny to walk in a bar with a cast, it’s so not fashionable,” Myungsoo teases his friend, she gently smacks his arm before linking it. “embarrassed?” Myungsoo smiles, “about you? Never!” Ha Neul laughs and tightens her hold around his arm. “a smile suits you better than a frown,” the both walk up to their usual VIP area and don’t wait long before ordering a drink. After the third drink he looks at her “what happened? You sounded weird at the phone,” she looked up from her drink right into his eyes, once again guilt was raging through her body. Why did she always need to make him worry about her like this?

 

“Nothing, I wanted to see my best friend can’t I ?” he knew she was lying but pretended to believe her, “so my little Neulie missed me?” he pinched her cheeks like a kid and smiled. Pushing her to tell him what happened wasn’t going to help, when she needed to talk she would find him, now he was just going to distract her and let her have a good time. “another one,” he yelled to the waiter who rushed to take bring his drinks.

 

“Where is your wife? Why didn’t she come?” Kris greeted his friend, “aren’t you a bit too interested about my wife?” he joked to hide the fact he didn’t know where she was. “dude, I didn’t mean it like that, I would never think about her like that you know that,” Kris was panicking a bit and worried that his friend took it the wrong way. “He is joking, pabo” Luhan pushes his friend aside and throws his arm around Yixing’s neck, “long time that we hadn’t a guy’s night, let’s sit and have some drinks,” Yixing smiled, “fine but not too much I drove here,” Luhan chuckled, “that’s why we invented substitute drivers.” He pushed his friends up the stairs to the VIP area, Kris went to order the drinks and followed him. While walking past a booth, he swore he had recognized his friend’s wife;

 

You must be imagining things.

 

He just continued his way to Yixing and Luhan, “I called the rest, they will be here soon. It has been a long time since we were all together,” he threw a look to Yixing. “Sorry guys but between work, my parents trying to meddle again and a teenage wife who got hospitalized I really didn’t have the time to meet you,” Luhan put a hand on his shoulder, “is she alright? Sorry we didn’t visit but just as you we have been busy.” Yixing sipped from his drink, “ it’s okay, she still has a cast on but they are going to take it off next week I think or maybe in 2 weeks I don’t really remember,” he chuckled shyly. Kris suspicion where getting deeper, Didn’t the girl I just saw had an arm in a cast?

 

“So chingu, how is the single life? Kris got pulled out of his thought, “you know me, having fun but it would be nice to find the one just like you.” A smile crept on his face as he thought about his wife, but it didn’t stay there for long as he thought about his failed confession. He finished his drink at once and asked for a new one, let’s forget about today and just have fun

 

“Ha Neul slow down, how much did you already drink?” she giggled and put up both her hands in the air, trying to count on her fingers how much it has been. “Don’t know, don’t care, let’s dance,” she pulls her friend out of his seat and drags him to the dance floor. It was a bit too obvious that she had drunk too much and Myungsoo didn’t want her on the dance floor right now, she would probably ‘cause a problem. “Ha Neul, let’s go back.” He grabs her hand and intertwines their fingers before dragging her back, but he stopped when he heard a voice talking to him.

 

“You know, when you hold someone else wife like that one might misunderstand,” Chen looked at their intertwined hands and smirked. Tao waved to Ha Neul who let out a giggle. Myungsoo remembers their faces from Ha Neul’s wedding, “there is nothing to misunderstand I’m her friend, so I don’t think it’s your business.” He turned around but was stopped by a hand on his shoulder, “frankly we don’t know you and she is the wife of a friend, who as I see is pretty drunk. Did you think we would leave her with you,” Xiumin pulled Ha Neul out of Myungsoo’s grip and hinted to Tao to take her upstairs.

 

The look of Myungsoo’s face changed into a darker one, “I wouldn’t do that if I was you,” Ha Neul didn’t understand what was going on but didn’t go with Tao upstairs, she rushed back to Myungsoo. He relaxed when he saw her face, “let’s go home, it’s not fun anymore,” she grabbed his arm and pulled him with her but was stopped when she heard his voice, “Ha Neul,” he yelled her name as he saw her in the middle of his friends. He flashed a smile while walking up to the two friends, “here you are, did you have fun?” he tried hard to hide his anger and it was working. “why this tension?” Yixing glances back at Tao, “we thought you didn’t know the guy so we wanted to bring Ge’s wife with us.”

 

Yixing forced a smile, “he’s one of my students and Ha Neul’s best friend, you shouldn’t worry she is in good hands.” Kris knew Yixing was hiding something but this was not the place nor the time to discuss matters like that, “guys let’s go have a drink, Myungsoo sorry about the misunderstanding they never met you that’s why,” Myungsoo waved his hand as to say it’s okay, he looked at Ha Neul “do you need me to take you home?” She looked at Yixing and all his friends, “I can’t leave now,” she whispered. He looked at the same direction as her and understood, she didn’t want to embarrass her husband and he could understand that. “I will be leaving now, I’m handing back your wife to you,” Myungsoo said with a bit of an arrogant smile on his face,

 

Next time I will take her with me and then I won’t be given her back

 

Kris offered a shot to Ha Neul but Yixing beat her too it, “she has had enough,” he drunk it up and gave a -you better stop now- look to Ha Neul. “Xingie is getting protective about his wife,” Chen joked, “Chen stop it,” Luhan gave him a smack when he saw Ha Neul’s blushing face. They continued to joke around and have fun, until Yixing felt his wife’s head fall on his shoulder. He looked at her sleeping face and smiled, “sorry guys I think it’s enough for today,” he called a substitute driver who arrived after a few minutes. Yixing carried his wife to the car and put her head on his lap. He his hair as he watched her sleeping face;

 

Yixing quickly paid the substitute driver and thanked him; he looked at his sleeping wife and laughed, “why does she drink if she can’t take it,” he picks her up and starts walking towards the elevator. Their neighbor gives him a smile as he waits for the elevator as well, Yixing is a bit embarrassed about the situation but smiles back. Ha Neul snuggles closer to his chest and starts mumbling his name. which of course makes Yixing happy but goes red when he sees his neighbor chuckling. “your wife seems to love you a lot if she mumbles your name when she is asleep.” He quickly got into the elevator and was happy when the man got off at the 7th floor. It wasn’t easy to tick in the code while holding onto Ha Neul but he managed to open the door. He took of his shoes and went to place his wife on their bed. Looking at her, he decided to take off  her jacket. Taking off her clothes is a bit too much, they weren’t that close yet. He didn’t want her to  hit him the next day so he let her like this and laid down next to her; You have some explanations to give me

 

Yixing and Ha Neul slept in, it was past midday when Ha Neul woke up in the arms of her husband. She smiled seeing him sleeping peacefully, she looked at his long whimpers and couldn’t help but touch him. Yixing tightened his arm around her and pulled her closer. She gasped when she saw how close they were, her heart started beating faster and faster. She was certain about one thing, she didn’t feel like this when Myungsoo held her close to him yesterday. Yixing opened his eyes when he felt her move his arm from around her, at first he smiled at her. “did you rest well?” she nodded shyly, “great, I’m going to freshen up and then I have something to tell you,” he stood up without saying another word and went into their bathroom. Ha Neul took her clothes and used their downstairs bathroom. She was a bit nervous about what Yixing needed to tell her, maybe he was mad about what happened yesterday. Yixing joined Ha Neul in their kitchen, she had prepared pancakes and coffee. Yixing looked serious and it started freaking her out, he was a bit amused about her being nervous.

 

“I’m leaving for China,” he said in an indifferent tone.

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» Do comment, thank you fo following the story ^^