They get closer

A stranger, a husband, a teacher and one best friend !

 chapter twenty-three

 They get closer

 

________________________________________

 

Ha Neul was healing pretty well and a week had already past, it was Friday; she was coming out of the class with Jun and Myungsoo. They decided to go and grab something to eat before heading back home; Jun told them he had something to take care of and disappeared with a big grin on his face. They took the bus to go to one of their favourite noodle shop. It had been a while since the two of them went out together; the both of them felt nice being together again. Myungsoo ordered for the both of them, Ha Neul took out her phone to send a text to Yixing but she got distracted by Myungsoo grabbing her hand and placing a bracelet around it.

 

"I told you I would give you your present when we go out," Ha Neul took a look at the bracelet and noticed the same one around his wrist. " friendship bracelets, don't worry," he winked and shot her another smile. "Thank you, I love it," she ruffles his hair before starting on her noodles. He stared at her while she was eating. 

 

"Stop doing that," she didn't even look up while speaking, "do what?"  Myungsoo picked in his food, "instead of staring just ask what you want to know, you always do that. Instead of saying what is on your mind you just stare at me, we are friends you know you can tell me anything," she looked up from her bowl and smiled sweetly. She hated when Myungsoo becomes awkward in front of her.

 

"Are you going to stay with Yixing?" he was afraid of the answer, he was afraid it would be the one he didn't want to hear. Ha Neul's smile faded away, she didn't expect this; how could she answer a question she didn't even knew the answer herself. Myungsoo looked at her confused face; she didn't need to say a thing, he knew she was wavering.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked such a question. It's just..." he grabbed her hand and squeezed it, Ha Neul felt sorry for him. She didn't know what to do or what to say; Yixing was being really comprehensive and supportive but Myungsoo was the one she liked for the past 3 years. She looked up at him and he smiled, "let's go have ice cream for dessert." They finished their dinner and left the place. Ha Neul didn't say a lot, she was thinking about what she had to do. "Neul~ah, here your favourite chocolate flavour," he beamed cutely and handed her ice cream. The both of them sat on a bench, they didn't talk; they just stared in front of them. Ha Neul's phone made them flinch, it was Yixing; she totally forgot to tell him she was going to be late.

 

"Yoboseyo,"

"Ha Neul, where are you? Is everything okay?"

"Ooh oppa, mianhe I forgot to send you a text. I'm having dinner with Myungsoo,"  Yixing stopped talking,  he was worried like crazy that something might have happened again and she was having a dinner date with her friend. 

"Fine, don't be late," his voice was dry and she could sense a hint of anger. She was going to answer but he had already hung up. She looked at her cellphone and sighed, Myungsoo felt bad that he was the cause of it.

 

"Let me help you catch a cab before he gets more worried." Myungsoo smiled and led her to the road, "Are you sure? It's our first dinner in a long time, we didn't even had the time to talk," he quickly nodded. "You should rest, your wounds aren't totally healed, I'm doing this for you." He stopped a cab and kissed her goodbye. Ha Neul waved and texted Yixing that she was on her way home. 

 

"I'm back,' she sang as she got into their penthouse, she got a weak "hmmm" as a response. Obviously her husband wasn't happy about her being a bit late, he was sitting in the living room reading a book. 

"Did you have dinner?" He nodded as a response and continued reading. Ha Neul started playing with her fingers, it had been a long time since she was this awkward with Yixing.  "Baobei? Are you mad?" She put up her big puppy eyes and looked at him, he flipped a page of his book and shook his head. Tired of being ignored she took away his book and hides it behind her, "you should at least look at me when I'm talking to you," he glared at her and smirked, "well you ignored me to go out with Myungsoo so why shouldn't I do the same? 

"I came back early didn't I ? So you should forgive me," she pouted her lips cutely at him, "give me my book back!" 

 

Ha Neul stood up with his book in her hands and started running away. "You have to catch me if you want it back," Ha Neul ran away like a little kid. It didn't take long before Yixing had wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her up. "How about a dive in the pool?" He laughed, but Ha Neul's face turned dark and she started kicking with her feet and screaming to let her go. Yixing thought she was playing and headed towards the pool on their terrace but Ha Neul started getting hysterical and clasped her hands around his neck, tears flowing down her cheek begging him not to let go of her. Yixing noticed her tears and her firm grip around his neck and slowly put her down on the lounging chair on the terrace.

 

"Airen, what's wrong ? I was just joking with you, i wouldn't let you fall into the pool not with your cast," Ha Neul was sobbing and managed to stutter, "that....that...that's not fu...fu...funny. I can't swim." 

 

Yixing wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in a hug, " I'm really sorry sweetheart, I didn't know, you never told me." Yixing felt really bad about his little joke, he her hair gently while she sobbed on his shoulders. "I'm really sorry, please stop crying," he felt awful about what just happened and didn't know how to stop her from crying. He put his palms on her shoulders and faced her, he wiped her tears with one of his thumbs.

"I'm fine, don't worry," she smiled as she calmed herself down. He furrowed his eyebrows not totally convinced by what she just said and stood back up. He didn't want to push her but needed to know what happened to her; he waited until they went to bed to muster up his courage and ask her. 

 

"Ha Neul," he almost whispered her name, she turned around after putting her cellphone into the loader. She smiled cutely, she had been smiling a lot to Yixing lately. He patted the place next to him on the bed to make her come over, she sat down and pulled the covers on her.  "What's going on?" Ha Neul didn't want to talk about her break down earlier but she knew he was going to ask about. "It's more than not knowing how to swim right? Your reaction was a bit..." he didn't know how to put it in words, Ha Neul stared at her fingers, "I almost drowned when I was 10 years old, some kids pushed me into the pool. Jun oppa wasn't around so they took that as an opportunity, if Jun and I didn't have a special bond, I would have died. Since that day I don't go near a pool;" Yixing felt stupid, he didn't even knew the fears of his wife and it has been a couple of months since they married. 

 

"I wouldn't have bought this penthouse if I knew that, do you want to move? I will make sure to get a nicer one without a pool," he was ready to take his phone when Ha Neul laughed. She put her head on his chest and hugged him, "thank you, but don't be silly we are not going to sell our first apartment, it's our first one that means something."  Yixing didn't knew their little home meant that much for her but was glad; it meant their marriage was starting to mean something to Ha Neul. He kissed her head before laying down and turning off the lights. "Sweet dreams, airen" he whispered, "you too, baobei," she put her head on his arm and closed her eyes.

 

Ha Neul moaned and let out a '' when she heard Yixing's phone ringing over and over again. "Baobei," she mumbles but gets no response. She leans over his sleeping body, shakes her head and takes his phone to answer. "Whae," she answers bluntly, but almost chokes on her own saliva when she hears its her brother-in-law. Her eyes immediately blinks open and she starts shaking Yixing to wake him up while trying to concentrate on what Yuan was saying. 

 

"Jesu*, tell my brother that both our parents expect you to come over to the restaurant we met last time; they have something important to say to you two. Make sure to be there at 12 am sharp," he said coldly. Not even waiting for a response he hangs up, "rude, would it kill him to be nice for once. Totally the opposite/" 

"Who are you talking about?" Yixing put his arms around her waist and got closer to her. Ha Neul looked down to see him smiling at her, lately they had become closer and skinship was getting more natural. "Yuan oppa called, apparently we are expected by our parents. I don't feel at ease," Yixing smiles and pulls her back down in bed, " I thought I could have you for myself today," he bent over her and got closer to her face. Ha Neul gulped as he kept coming closer and closer of her face, "don't worry, I will make sure they don't be mean to my sweetheart." He plants a kiss on her cheek before disappearing into their bathroom. 

 

Ha Neul sighed out of relief, at least this time he didn't kiss me on the lips.

 

"Ha Neul~ah, can you give me a towel. You forgot to put clean ones into the bathroom's closet," Yixing yelled. She stood up and went to take one out of the linen closet in the hall.  She reached her hand with the towel to them, without facing him. He chuckled at her red face and quickly covered himself up. "I'm going to prepare breakfast, take a sower and join me," he steps out of the bathroom and hears her sigh. Still gets nervous and shy around me, too cute

 

The moment they entered the restaurant both their faces went a bit gloomy; family time wasn't happy times for them but more like torture. The both looked at each other and nodded; "just smile and agree with them when they nag," Yixing tells her before entering the private room where everyone is waiting for them. 

 

"Finally, it's about time you got here," Jun run to Ha Neul, "Neul~ah save me, the are nagging again," he whispered. "Jun let your sister go and greet her in-laws," their mother yelled, Ha Neul waved to her brother and sister-in-law. Her in-laws got chocked seeing her in a cast, "Ha Neul my child what happened to you?" Wow she noticed, of course she would I'm so stupid but mom didn't even say a thing.

 

"Zhang Yixing what happened to your wife? Why is she in a cast?" She looked straight at him, while Ha Neul greeted Yuan and her father-in-law. "Nothing really happened, she got hurt at school," he wasn't about to tell her she got bullied, he would be blamed again. "Oemmoni it's not a big deal, I fell from the stairs while running," Ha Neul lied as well.

 

Everyone took place around the table and waited for the food they had already ordered, talking about controlling parents even the food is already chosen. "We didn't call all of you here just to enjoy a meal," Mrs Kim started, "your mother is right, we are here to make an announcement," Mr. Kim added. Ha Neul was enjoying her food and didn't really care about what they were saying. Yixing, Jun and Young were all ears, Yuan was eating, he already knew where this was heading too. 

 

"We have decided to send you and your wife to China after she gets her diploma, she will study there and will get a job in our company to get used to work there. After finishing her studies she will take care of it," Mr. Zhang announced as if it was the most normal thing in the world. 

 

All jaws dropped, a pair of hands slammed the table while a voice yelled, "Not in a million year." 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» Jesu= the word that you use to call the wife of his younger brother. ^^